Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats a quality not an emotion, I guess desperation would be the word, since they jump in to save their "beloved" boss.
    True true. They cared about their boss so I guess desperation.
    岩根雅明=♡

I haven't actually seen a single of episode of Da from start to finish yet but from what I saw its better thanBW and EPN TR for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Wow, um... today they didn't even contribute a Pikachu-catching plot to the episode. They literally did absolutely nothing but show up to act stupid.
    Lets look at the brigth side, atleast they weren't part of the plot to ruin it or ruin the episode.

I admit that Team Rocket seemed redundant in the previous DA episode. I mean they didn't do anything worth talking about, which was a shame since I liked them in the other DA episodes. Still, I wasn't too bothered, but I know a lot of people complain about them being in the anime still. However, if they only appear for a few minutes per episode, I don't see what the problem is. I mean they aren't taking too much screen-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I admit that Team Rocket seemed redundant in the previous DA episode. I mean they didn't do anything worth talking about, which was a shame since I liked them in the other DA episodes. Still, I wasn't too bothered, but I know a lot of people complain about them being in the anime still. However, if they only appear for a few minutes per episode, I don't see what the problem is. I mean they aren't taking too much screen-time.
    By that logic more characters should be added who have no purpose.

If they or any other character are serving absolutely no purpose in an episode, they shouldn't be there. And yes, do remember that Team Rocket haven't served any useful role since Da! started, and you may see where I'm going.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

TR simply aren't interesting anymore in any form. The new Pokemon they got this saga were throwaway and their least memorable, probably due to the fact that we barely see them.

At least with Seviper, Cacnea, Carnivine and Dustox/Yanmega they were used often enough and got almost as much screentime as Arbok/Weezing did.

Honestly I don't think anyone is going to even remember what Pokemon Team Rocket had in Best Wishes a few years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    TR simply aren't interesting anymore in any form. The new Pokemon they got this saga were throwaway and their least memorable, probably due to the fact that we barely see them.

At least with Seviper, Cacnea, Carnivine and Dustox/Yanmega they were used often enough and got almost as much screentime as Arbok/Weezing did.

Honestly I don't think anyone is going to even remember what Pokemon Team Rocket had in Best Wishes a few years from now.
    true. the pokemon they have rarely appear, whereas pokemon like seviper and carnivine were used almost every episode. the pokemon they have now really don't have any characteristics or at least not as much as the older ones did.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Let's just hope jessie get's wobbuffet back.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I actually like Yamask and Frillish a lot, I'd rather this group of Pokemon not consistently be made out to be ass clowns. Jessie's Seviper, Carnivine, Dustox, etc. were made out to be jokes most of the time and hardly appeared competently at all. Out of that group the only one who I could invest a tiny bit in is Cacnea and that's only because it had decently done send-off episode and some entertaining moments. Otherwise I can't be bothered to care about their Pokemon when they're consistently subjected to kindergarten humor-level blast-offs and defeats. A damn Seviper losing to a fresh Piplup? Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 25th May 2013 at 2:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    Let's just hope jessie get's wobbuffet back.
    Unless Wobbuffet will end up being more than a pun, then I rather it stay wherever the hell it is. There is a ton of gag pokemon on the show already.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I actually like Yamask and Frillish a lot, I'd rather this group of Pokemon not consistently be made out to be ass clowns. Jessie's Seviper, Carnivine, Dustox, etc. were made out to be jokes most of the time and hardly appeared competently at all. Out of that group the only one who I could invest a tiny bit in is Cacnea and that's only because it had decently done send-off episode and some entertaining moments. Otherwise I can't be bothered to care about their Pokemon when they're consistently subjected to kindergarten humor-level blast-offs and defeats. A damn Seviper losing to a fresh Piplup? Are you kidding me?
    I have to agree with you, though I'd call Frillish my least favorite of the current four.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Seviper was in literally double the amount of episodes Abrok was. Seviper lasted the entire span of AG to DP's final episode, which gave it almost 400 episodes compared to Arbok's 275.

Seviper was in literally double the amount of episodes Abrok was. Seviper lasted the entire span of AG to DP's final episode, which gave it almost 400 episodes compared to Arbok's 275.
    That's really inaccurate. Arbok's duration was 280 episodes and Seviper's was 376 (which is nowhere near double), but neither one of them appeared in every episode. Since Jessie used Arbok more frequently, it appeared in a total of 145 episodes while Seviper appeared in 134 episodes.

The Animedex is your friend if you insist on making this kind of comparisons.

Battle-wise, even I like Yamask and Woobat and others. They are surprisingly competitive but they hardly have anything called 'character'. I just see Deathmas and Koromori as soulless fighters just like all of Team Plasma's Pokemon. I mean, I don't want the same overused Sabonea/Muskippa gag, but I at least want something that makes their Pokemon unique. Of course the same is the issue with Gamagaru or Gantoru.

This is what I have been repeating for ages, and it is applicable here too. I don't mind a serious TR plot, but Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are totally out of character when they are serious. They can have serious TR if they want, but why use these three? There are many other amazing TR people who can do the same role Musashi, Kojiro did along with Zager Hakase.

The problem? They don't want to get rid of TRio, and at the same time they understand people are tired of comedic TR. They happened to use the bad solution: Make them serious.

And yes, I am ridiculing you for not using Japanese names

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Battle-wise, even I like Yamask and Woobat and others. They are surprisingly competitive but they hardly have anything called 'character'. I just see Deathmas and Koromori as soulless fighters just like all of Team Plasma's Pokemon. I mean, I don't want the same overused Sabonea/Muskippa gag, but I at least want something that makes their Pokemon unique. Of course the same is the issue with Gamagaru or Gantoru.
    On the topic of personality, Desmas in its debut episode showed its gratitude and sign of hunger and in the Hitomoshi episode it showed its ability to communicate and sort of manipulate the Hitomoshi for Team Rocket's own gain, and Desmas did utilize its mask as a shield similar to what Mijumaru does with his hotachi in the fishing episode. So it does have some character and Koromori's lack of character can be attributed to the fact it doesn't have a face so it's hard to show forms of emotion without utilizing anime effects.(Like it getting all tense and nervous when cornered by Kairyu and Lizardon in the honey episode and sweat drops signaling that.) Neither of them gets an immense amount of screen time so I never really expect much personality out of either, TR's previous Pokemon haven't really had any unique personality(Except for Delibird, Gar-Chan, and Manene if we count the former two).

I mean it pales in-comparison when you look at the BW trio's Pokemon and realize how many of the Pokemon have different substantial personalities. Tsutarja's snideness, Mijumaru's clowny, Zuruggu's a roughneck, Kairyu is tough and not the average Kairyu, Kibago's innocent and toddlerish, Emonga's deceitful, Doryuzu's a big softie who acts calm and cool and a bit of a bully...umm...let's see Pikachu's a voice of reason and leader, Chaobu's determined and had a defeatist nature as a Pokabu, Waruvial acts confident and competitive and timid at times.
    Gantle and Hahahomori had a lot of personality when they weren't evolved, as a Kurimiru he attacked Satoshi and showed he was kiddish and competitive and Gantle was jumpy and hyperactive as a Dangoro. Gamagaru was like a mob boss in his debut episode. Kenharou when she was a Mamepato showed she was kinda slow and proud.(Flexing before evolving and a slow reaction to being Headbutted.) Those personality traits have been lost since their debut because they either don't get enough screen time or evolution can be seen as a sign of maturity and passing off these traits.

TR's Pokemon have almost all always been just comedic, it's almost never anything different with them. There Pokemon do show general sadness like any Pokemon in release episodes but that's that really. There's never been variety, Habunake when Musashi caught it was a deadly, mean, nasty snake Pokemon with a chip on its shoulder but we never saw that side of it again.

And yes, I am ridiculing you for not using Japanese names
    :P
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 26th May 2013 at 5:37 PM.

Well, Yamask does have a little "personality", kinda. At least in the early eps it was in, like when James caught it<3

Also, say what you want, but I want Amoongus to hug James and paralyse him every time!!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Well Team Rocket was the only good thing in Unova. They were actually threatening and kicked butt in this one. We actually saw Giovanni battle Ash for once and own him. Maybe TR should get their own spinoff.

On the topic of personality, Desmas in its debut episode showed its gratitude and sign of hunger and in the Hitomoshi episode it showed its ability to communicate and sort of manipulate the Hitomoshi for Team Rocket's own gain, and Desmas did utilize its mask as a shield similar to what Mijumaru does with his hotachi in the fishing episode. So it does have some character and Koromori's lack of character can be attributed to the fact it doesn't have a face so it's hard to show forms of emotion without utilizing anime effects.(Like it getting all tense and nervous when cornered by Kairyu and Lizardon in the honey episode and sweat drops signaling that.) Neither of them gets an immense amount of screen time so I never really expect much personality out of either, TR's previous Pokemon haven't really had any unique personality(Except for Delibird, Gar-Chan, and Manene if we count the former two).

I mean it pales in-comparison when you look at the BW trio's Pokemon and realize how many of the Pokemon have different substantial personalities. Tsutarja's snideness, Mijumaru's clowny, Zuruggu's a roughneck, Kairyu is tough and not the average Kairyu, Kibago's innocent and toddlerish, Emonga's deceitful, Doryuzu's a big softie who acts calm and cool and a bit of a bully...umm...let's see Pikachu's a voice of reason and leader, Chaobu's determined and had a defeatist nature as a Pokabu, Waruvial acts confident and competitive and timid at times.
    Gantle and Hahahomori had a lot of personality when they weren't evolved, as a Kurimiru he attacked Satoshi and showed he was kiddish and competitive and Gantle was jumpy and hyperactive as a Dangoro. Gamagaru was like a mob boss in his debut episode. Kenharou when she was a Mamepato showed she was kinda slow and proud.(Flexing before evolving and a slow reaction to being Headbutted.) Those personality traits have been lost since their debut because they either don't get enough screen time or evolution can be seen as a sign of maturity and passing off these traits.

TR's Pokemon have almost all always been just comedic, it's almost never anything different with them. There Pokemon do show general sadness like any Pokemon in release episodes but that's that really. There's never been variety, Habunake when Musashi caught it was a deadly, mean, nasty snake Pokemon with a chip on its shoulder but we never saw that side of it again.

:P
    Actually when I was writing that post, I remembered: Hey at least Deasmas had some persona in the beginning. Even those of Ash's Pokemon I mentioned had personalities when captured. Maybe BW's rushed pace has killed away their personalities along with screen time (not a sign of maturity, but a lack of screen time ).

In a way, we are in agreement.

<--My tumblr

\

I don't like them that much. That's all I'll say - I miss the serious TRio, they were ironically funnier than Da TRio.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I don't like them that much. That's all I'll say - I miss the serious TRio, they were ironically funnier than Da TRio.
    Same here. I find the serious JJM more interesting than their bland DA selves.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Quote Originally Posted by Akuroma View Post
    Same here. I find the serious JJM more interesting than their bland DA selves.
    Haha, it's surprising how you call the present TR bland and the one we saw in Best Wishes season 1 'interesting'. I will admit the Team Rocket's Meteonite plot was interesting, but it's not because of JJM but the plot itself. JJM could have as well been Cassidy or Butch and it still would have been interesting.

<--My tumblr

\

Haha, it's surprising how you call the present TR bland and the one we saw in Best Wishes season 1 'interesting'. I will admit the Team Rocket's Meteonite plot was interesting, but it's not because of JJM but the plot itself. JJM could have as well been Cassidy or Butch and it still would have been interesting.
    Agreed. The only thing I found interesting about BW TR is the amount of schemes. Honestly, if we got other TR members instead it wouldn't have been different to me. To the contrary, maybe the new members would have interested me even more than JJM.

I have nothing against DA TRio. At least they don't steal as much screen time as they did before BW. That's what matter the most to me.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I find serious trio more interesting than their AG/DP antics. And there are a few reasons as to why: One is the Meteonite plot, of course. Second is the Nimbasa plot. And I could go on with this list, if I wanted to, but I will leave it here.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I have nothing against DA TRio. At least they don't steal as much screen time as they did before BW. That's what matter the most to me.
    I agree. They're not quite as entertaining as their OS selves imo, but they're interesting enough at the moment so that I don't mind seeing them. And of course, they don't "steal" as much screen-time as before so there's not much I can complain about although obviously, the fact that their personalities changed so much in BW is still something that makes me cringe. I shall never forget how inconsistently the writers have treated TR in this saga.

Haha, it's surprising how you call the present TR bland and the one we saw in Best Wishes season 1 'interesting'.
    There is nothing interesting about acting like you have an IQ of 6.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast