Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

I have a question for everyone. What do you think is the main reason TR continues to stay in the anime? I am sure there are quite a few reasons. But what do you think is the main one? I am not sure what the main was is myself but you would have to think Meowth is a MAJOR reason, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I have a question for everyone. What do you think is the main reason TR continues to stay in the anime? I am sure there are quite a few reasons. But what do you think is the main one? I am not sure what the main was is myself but you would have to think Meowth is a MAJOR reason, right?
    What makes you think Meowth is a major reason?

There are a huge number of Team Rocket fans from what I gather. There are people who are huge fans of Megumi Hayashibara and Co., and are a huge fans of their Japanese puns. They were also the show's main source of comedy. I think we, the non-Japanese people who don't understand these puns and are quite annoyed by them popping up in every episodes are the minority. If anything, the people on Bmgf are an indication to this.

But I am lying if everyone thinks the same. Of course even most TR fans must be tired of how they are simply reusing, rinsing and repeating their roles. And I think the frustration lies even among these people.

We will never know if we are in the minority or majority though. I am assuming it;s the former.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    What makes you think Meowth is a major reason?
    Because I think he's the most popular TRio member, he's the only talking Pokémon in the main cast, he's been seen as one of the major mascot Pokémon of the anime, the writers seem to give him the most focus out of any TR member in BW, and I am sure there are other reasons. If Jessie and James didn't have Meowth, they would be off the show by now. I am sure of it.

Because I think he's the most popular TRio member, he's the only talking Pokémon in the main cast, he's been seen as one of the major mascot Pokémon of the anime, the writers seem to give him the most focus out of any TR member in BW, and I am sure there are other reasons. If Jessie and James didn't have Meowth, they would be off the show by now. I am sure of it.
    Well I guess those are some solid reasons, Meowth really is a special, one-of-a-kind character. Personally I think they are still here because some fans can't seem to live without them. Whether the fans of silly TR are in the majority or not, the writers seem convinced they are. In the end that's all what matters regarding the show's decisions.

How can you still ask that? The answer is obvious. Japanese fans like TR. Not even try to tell me it is because the VAs. That argument does´t make any sense. They are influent, but not so influent. TR will stay until the very last episode of the anime, which makes me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TanukiKing View Post
    Japanese fans like TR. Not even try to tell me it is because the VAs.
    Where's your proof of this? Popularity is not the reason characters stay or go otherwise, Charizard, Dawn, Piplup, Misty, etc. would still appear. And the Voice talents may not be the reason they stayed but they are the reason TRio is ruined as characters.

TR staying is prove enough. You only don´t want to accept it. Also, why did th VAs ruinid TR? I don´t understand why people divide OS TR from AG TR, DP TR and Da TR. They are all the same (awsome characters).

TR staying is prove enough. You only don´t want to accept it. Also, why did th VAs ruinid TR? I don´t understand why people divide OS TR from AG TR, DP TR and Da TR. They are all the same (awsome characters).
    Obviously TR has a lot of fans but that's not a reason they stayed or else many characters that left would still be on the show. OS TR was awesome because they actually were relatable, acted like human beings, had backstory, had humor that didn't involve puns and rhyming, were threats while still be silly and often making silly mistakes. AG TR were turned into punching bags. Basically every time they appeared it was to be beat up by Ash or one of his wild Pokémon. And don't even get me started on the Contests which were just an excuse to put TR in every episode. BW TR was a step in the right direction because they actually developed as characters, were extremely competent and moved the plot forward. There is a reason many people don't like DP TRio. I am not the only one who dislikes DP TRio. The writers are so inconsistent with TR and that's why some people are getting sick of them.

BW TR was a step in the right direction because they actually developed as characters, were extremely competent and moved the plot forward. .
    Sadly TRio's character development vanished in DA!. Now they're in their DP selves again.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Sadly TRio's character development vanished in DA!. Now they're in their DP selves again.
    Exactly. Hence why they are ruined. If they are going to continue to be written this inconsistently, more and more people are going to be done with them.

It's mainly due to the humor and that they were under the direction of their creator (I forgot his name again, sorry) not completely but still. If you take away the dialog Team Rocket are similar in all series expect early BW.

If Team Rocket's creator had full control on how they were written they wouldn't be like how they are now but after he quit, it kinda took away their original appeal.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    It's mainly due to the humor and that they were under the direction of their creator (I forgot his name again, sorry) not completely but still. If you take away the dialog Team Rocket are similar in all series expect early BW.

If Team Rocket's creator had full control on how they were written they wouldn't be like how they are now but after he quit, it kinda took away their original appeal.
    It's not only their dialogue though. It was the way they presented themselves.

Also, why did th VAs ruinid TR? I don´t understand why people divide OS TR from AG TR, DP TR and Da TR. They are all the same (awsome characters).
    Their voices have a lot to do with their characters though. I mean this isn't an issue in Japan where the Team Rocket trio has had the same voice actors since the beginning, but in the dub that's a totally different story. I mean the moment TPCi took over the dub, the Team Rocket trio started rhyming like crazy and that got worse once DP started. That sort of ruined how the trio was perceived; I mean yeah they were also silly in the 4Kids dub, but it never got to the point where I had to change the channel out of embarrassment like I did during DP. All that random rhyming and alliteration got on my nerves and made Team Rocket look like a parody of their former selves.

I have a question for everyone. What do you think is the main reason TR continues to stay in the anime?
    Japan loves them. Ever since the Dorombo Gang of Yatterman made it popular, trios of incompetent crooks (most often consisting of an egotistical woman leader, two idiot henchmen, and a love for giant robots) have appeared all over Japanese anime and video games. Team Rocket is merely appealing to tradition.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Not exactly, James dodged a Dragon Rage in the Ash X Iris episode. //shot.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Not exactly, James dodged a Dragon Rage in the Ash X Iris episode. //shot.
    So what ? they still has their BW personality ? After watching TRio's personality in other DA! episodes, I don't think so.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 13th July 2013 at 3:43 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

So what ? they still has their BW personality ? After watching TRio's personality in other DA! episodes, I don't think so.
    To be fair, they are not outright acting stupid and goofy. They are just not doing anything that makes them look threatening. But I think it's reasonable for them to be so, when the main cast itself isn't doing anything.

Ya know, if they manage to reach a middle ground so that they could satisfy the comedy TR fans and even people who want them to do something other than getting kicked into the sky every single time, then they can be worthwhile. Just don't make them appear every episode, keep their jokes, and do some good fanservice to either side. It's not even that hard. They just have to try.

<--My tumblr

\

Guys I'm getting awfully sick of coming into this thread and having to infract people for either going off topic or bashing other's. Just last page there were people talking about Ash's VA, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with how TR is faring in DA. :/

If I have to do this again, the thread is getting closed. This is the final warning.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Da Team Rocket seems pretty weak honestly. I mean they still have a slight edge in how they look in the shadows but they blast off too easily.

The epsiode that has aired 2 two hours had Team Rocket in it. The question is, what's the point of showcase them today?

Take part of a tournament with a Golem disguise to only bastung off!? Seriously?

Alexa will prperly meet you in the next few episodes (probably the next one).

I don't like them in this episode. TR (even in fummy mode) is not need very episode if they aren't relevant to the plot like today.

There was absolutely zero reason for them this episode, like the zoroark one.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

They were probably more competent in 90% of the DP episodes than today. Watching them was just painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    They were probably more competent in 90% of the DP episodes than today. Watching them was just painful.
    Yep, like seriously. It could have actually been interesting if they just straight up entered in the tournament as themselves and meowth fought, because he has shown that he is capable....one even one of the other pokemon like yamask.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I honestly don´t understand why people are always complaining about the fact that TR is appering in every episode. It´s pretty obvious that japanese fans like TR this way. I already know that people here are gonna start accusing me of lack of prooff, but the fact they are appearing in every episode and are getting comical from episode to episode is prooff enough. BW had horrible ratings, because for a popular show like Pokemon being out of top 10 for so long is very bad. The Beheyeem was one of the first to be in top 10. I am not saying this was all TR job, but they definetily help. I think the writers made Da with only one purpose: show to japanese fans that their beloved TR is back and that they can count with it to XY. This is the writters final attenpt to save XY from the failure of BW.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast