Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    How do you hate it so much if we've only had 4 episodes? :P And one of those, they didn't even appear :P
    I think most other replies in this thread should give you a good impression as to why.
    Last edited by Virgil134; 19th May 2013 at 7:56 AM.

I really wonder if the outcome would have been any different had the Rocket vs. Plasma episodes not been postponed. i really liked that TR and i loved that they were a serious threat, not only to Ash and his crew but the regional villian team too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I'm genuinely curious to know what's left?
    Go watch a DP episode and then a DA! one. They are similar but still have a few differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Uh, there were pretty pathetic in Hoenn and Johto too.
    They're pathetic in almost every season. But they are downright embarrassing in DP.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I would argue they're worse now than they ever were before, especially after seeing Charmander the Stray Pokemon again on Smash earlier. No personality, no purpose, just brainless, soulless buffoons who exist only to spew unfunny humor for their overentitled fanbase. Seriously, Misty's fans (mostly) got over it, May's fans got over it, Dawn's fans got over it, Brock's fans got over it, so the fans of Idiot Rockets could have gotten over it too. You are not special.

What is funny is how some people spent two years whining about how Team Rocket acting as if they had some intelligence meant they were 'lobotomized' when now they behave as if their brains were torn out right before each episode.
    This man speaks my opinions on them better than I could. It's like DP Brock: "Funny" Rocket is a joke that died long ago and the writers are moving the corpse around pretending it's still alive. And this is when rigor mortis sets in mind. Unlike DP Brock though, the corpse has now decayed into a skeleton on the verge of crumbling into dust, and it's obvious it's dead.

And yet they still pretend it's alive.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

All I'll say is that I'm glad that they're back to being humorous, because they were bland and just plain terrible as serious characters.. and if people don't like that? Well it sucks to be them, can't keep everyone happy.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I prefer comedic JJ & M over serious JJ & M any day. They absolutely suck as serious characters. If people really need serious TR, we still have many other members like Agent Pierce, Zager, Attlia and Hun etc. etc.

First of all, I am not sure how people couldn't find the fact that Giovanni entrusting a bunch of failures like JJ & M with Unova is a ********. It was too convenient and those who fangasmed over serious TR obviously ignored the logical inconsistency. Just go back to the Johto Episodes if you want to remember how Giovanni treats JJ & M.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 19th May 2013 at 11:48 AM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Friendly reminder that bashing any incarnation of TR, be it BW1/2, Da!, DP or whatever, is not tolerated.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Well let me rephrase it then. Team Rocket had always been a source of comedy, and didn't contribute much to Giovanni. Back in Johto he was really annoyed by those three and even wanted to send them to Antarctica. The only reason he still had them on team was 1) They owed him a lot 2) They were extremely loyal.

Now, this has continued to DP too. Giovanni never really cared what the three were up to. But in BW, you suddenly see him trusting them with high class missions. I find it extremely inconsistent.

<--My tumblr

\

The fact that "they" took down three Team ___s prior was probably a big factor in Giovanni trusting them with the big guns.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

They just Robot with unfunny humor :3
    just wait till XY anime they will just become a robot who trying to be funny and hogging screen time just for plot
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    I think most other replies in this thread should give you a good impression as to why.
    I respect your opinion completely, but I just don't see how three episodes out of four can make you hate them so bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    The fact that "they" took down three Team ___s prior was probably a big factor in Giovanni trusting them with the big guns.
    If Giovanni was a good enough leader....then he'd know what role they actually played in bringing down the Team -s. Newspapers will talk about Lance, the Champion of Kanto taking down Team Magma and Aqua, not three Rocket grunts. The same goes to Galactic.

Bringing down three teams is the reason indeed for Giovanni to trust JJM but that doesn't make it any less logic-less.

<--My tumblr

\

Well my answer is obvious: I'm happy they're back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I respect your opinion completely, but I just don't see how three episodes out of four can make you hate them so bad lol
    Their DA personality ain't new, we have already seen it in AG and DP. I already hated goofy TRio back then so it doesn't matter for how many episodes they are back, every episode is 1 to much.
    Last edited by Virgil134; 19th May 2013 at 7:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    They're pathetic in almost every season. But they are downright embarrassing in DP.
    I don't know why people keep saying DP was Rocket's crap season. At least Jessie did better in her contests. That was at least better than in Johto where neither of them did nothing. And they've gone back to acting like fools again. So I rather a new team or Butch and Cassidy than to go back to Team Rocket as a whole. But that is going off topic, so I'll squash it.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Well my answer is obvious: I'm happy they're back.
    I'm sort of glad they're back too. I mean at first I was skeptical because I thought they were gonna start being too "funny," but they seem pretty balanced. They're like their DP selves only with less silly mechas and stuff. And since they don't appear all the time, we can at least relax knowing that they won't take up too much screen-time from other characters.

My honest opinion about TRio is that they haven't contributed much to the anime since kanto (if they did at all back then) and thus, I feel that the way they started off in Unova was the way they should have been in Kanto and then been written off after johto. Simply for the fact that the writers honestly don't seem to know what to do with them anymore. Whether it's switching between incompetent and competent, or switching from serious to funny, they're all inconsistencies and i love them as characters especially after episodes that showed James' soft side. And even more after i realized how competent they can be in Unova. It was interesting to see what influence TRio had against team plasma in the anime since it wasn't something in the games at all. It was like pokemon warfare between two villanous teams and Ash&co. in the middle of it all. The problem with that is that 2 very important episodes were postponed and there's no way of knowing whether the current outcome is what was planned from the start (which i seriously doubt) or if something bigger was planned for them. I think the anime would have felt a bit more fluid if a few more characters like themselves were brought in each generation from the region's evil team to sort of hassle and stalk ash throughout his adventures there and then been written off at the end of their saga. It might sound extremely repetitive and predictable but i don't think TRio has been handled any better than that.

I personally like TRio more than i ever liked brock, but i feel like it's their time to go. and if the writers can write brock off after 4 regions with Ash, i think they can write off JJM as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Since my question wasn't answered, I'll answer it myself: boss fantasies, which I had forgotten. Something in my gut tells me to expect those to return very soon, probably in the next episode.

Re; the idea of other 'serious' members still existing: those serious members of Team Rocket have been erased and will not be seen again, purely because of a certain section of their fanbase's obsessive sense of entitlement to Team Rocket only existing for kindergarten humor.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    All I'll say is that I'm glad that they're back to being humorous, because they were bland and just plain terrible as serious characters.. and if people don't like that? Well it sucks to be them, can't keep everyone happy.
    And this is exactly what I mean when I talk about entitlement.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

They are okay. I feel like they should be written off though.

Since my question wasn't answered, I'll answer it myself: boss fantasies, which I had forgotten. Something in my gut tells me to expect those to return very soon, probably in the next episode.

Re; the idea of other 'serious' members still existing: those serious members of Team Rocket have been erased and will not be seen again, purely because of a certain section of their fanbase's obsessive sense of entitlement to Team Rocket only existing for kindergarten humor.

And this is exactly what I mean when I talk about entitlement.
    I thought the boss fantasies were pretty random and strange. Funny, but mostly random.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I thought the boss fantasies were pretty random and strange. Funny, but mostly random.
    i agree/ they were funny at times, but they got random and annoying after a while. i'm not to keen on the fact that they have taken a huge step backwards in terms of competence. it is annoying that they had a chance and are now back to being incompetent.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I'm fine with the way things are, I like it better this way and I don't want to argue with some one we know who pushes there opinion onto others about Team Rocket being serious and I really don't want to get into that right now.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Eh, I'm so so on the matter, they do seem to be off. I did enjoy them better I think as serious characters, because it was a welcome change for them. However, I do like that they are still somewhat goofy, no not because they lacked character or whatever, but because it kinda balances the flow. There's no need for TP serious-esque villains in a series like DA, where we're just coasting until the next gen comes along. So to me, this is a nice medium for the TRio, sure they don't need to be in every episode (and they're not), but hey that's the same TRio that existed before BW and DA.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Eh, I'm so so on the matter, they do seem to be off. I did enjoy them better I think as serious characters, because it was a welcome change for them. However, I do like that they are still somewhat goofy, no not because they lacked character or whatever, but because it kinda balances the flow. There's no need for TP serious-esque villains in a series like DA, where we're just coasting until the next gen comes along. So to me, this is a nice medium for the TRio, sure they don't need to be in every episode (and they're not), but hey that's the same TRio that existed before BW and DA.
    It's all about striking the right balance, there are moments they can be somewhat serious, and moments they can just be chucked in for comedy factor. As long as we don't get to the DP stage where they distract from the plot of an episode.

I honestly just want them to go away, but that's just me.

I liked the seriousness at first in BW because it was different. It was refreshing to get a new take on them after sooooooooooo many years of them being dumb and taking away half of an episode. But now I'm just overall tired of them.

If they're going to go back to being serious in Kalos I don't see the point of having them around anymore. I'm sure there will be some new evil organization next gen that can fill that role, unless they just bring back Team Rocket altogether.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast