Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 512

Thread: Thoughts on "Decolora Adventures!" Team Rocket?

  1. #51

    Default

    Funny and strong Team Rocket is the best for me.They did really well against Team Plasma before DA starts.
    I think Episode N and DA showed us Team Rocket can be serious and comedic at the same time.
    I don't like too serious or stupid Team Rocket.I think they are balanced right now and I am fine with that.
    I think they must stay in XY series too.Ash's pokemons can't get any development without Team Rocket.This anime can't be funny without Team Rocket.Old Team Rocket pokemons should rejoin in XY.
    I just don't want to see Team Rocket losing to stupid CotD.There is no need to put Team Rocket in every episode.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    WartortleVille
    Posts
    56

    Default

    TR has kept its BW character while being the fun it was in DP. Da did a great job on that part, since we don't really want them to be around in every episode!
    <no sig>

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    320

    Default

    i like to think of it as relearning an old life lesson *ahem* i quote!: "Don't act like someone you're not, because it makes people happy, be yourself"

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    i like to think of it as relearning an old life lesson *ahem* i quote!: "Don't act like someone you're not, because it makes people happy, be yourself"
    I think that quote is a perfect reason why they shouldn't act like they do in AG/DP/DA

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    I think that quote is a perfect reason why they shouldn't act like they do in AG/DP/DA
    *double facepalm* i MEANT why should team rocket be serious when it's extremely obvious they were never meant to be so in the first place? hence "don't be something you're not"

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    *double facepalm* i MEANT why should team rocket be serious when it's extremely obvious they were never meant to be so in the first place? hence "don't be something you're not"
    Don't worry I know exactly what you meant haha

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Don't worry I know exactly what you meant haha
    ah! hehe ^^ my apologies......sarcasm is impossible to detect when typing

  8. #58

    Default

    Personally I find team rocket quite funny, i mean the DP TRio were the best because they had substance, the contests and the familial battles, showing they were competent, the start of BW showed they wanted to make something of themselves with Giovanni but now that mission is over why should they be serious? In my opinion TRio are more interesting than Ash who IMO is a bit wet.... I like him and he's a good protagonist but there's nothing wrong with team rocket, they are main characters more so that Iris and Cilan...
    Formerly Raichu

    #teamminaj #teamrihannanavy #teamrocket wait whut?

    anythingandeverythingaccordingtome.blogspot.com

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    ah! hehe ^^ my apologies......sarcasm is impossible to detect when typing
    My first reply wasn't sarcasm

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    The one good thing about them is that they're not in every single episode, at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    i like to think of it as relearning an old life lesson *ahem* i quote!: "Don't act like someone you're not, because it makes people happy, be yourself"
    Tell that to Giovanni :P
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 20th May 2013 at 6:36 PM.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Team Rocket's contribution to the show in Da! is jack ****. Basically it goes like this:
    1. Ash does stuff on Island x
    2. Team Rocket traps him and steals his Pikachu or other Pokemon
    3. Team Rocket blasts off again and again and again.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    BlueDragonfangirl: if you don't want to have fights, don't pick them.

    Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    *double facepalm* i MEANT why should team rocket be serious when it's extremely obvious they were never meant to be so in the first place? hence "don't be something you're not"
    I'm guessing you never saw their first episode, which firmly established they were meant to be threatening.

    What is worshipped is, ironically, a complete gutting of their characters, the very same thing Megumi Hayashibara, Inuko Inuyama and the obsessive fans have been whining about all along. Lobotomized robots with no personality or character development? That didn't happen in BW, sorry. That happened a long, long time ago, long enough that fans popped up who only loved them as empty, useless wastes.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    i agree/ they were funny at times, but they got random and annoying after a while. i'm not to keen on the fact that they have taken a huge step backwards in terms of competence. it is annoying that they had a chance and are now back to being incompetent.
    Some of the Sakaki fantasies were funny, yes. Like the one where he's in pajamas or whatnot. I also like the one where he was with a bunch of runpappa playing the uke. But after a while it was pretty random. All and all, I like funny Team Rocket but I also like their EpN selves. They were in an in between. Serious but had some personality. I'd want them to be that way. I am glad that I am not the only one. ^^
    岩根雅明=♡

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    553

    Default

    I haven't seen too much of Da! yet, but it's good that Team Rocket have souls again. Comedy and blasting off are what they do best. Glad the serious BW stuff is gone.

    The writing seems a little off though. Like they're holding back slightly and are not quite matching what they used to be before BW. Maybe they writers just need to get used to it again.

    They're apparently absent from DA03, which means the writers realise that if Team Rocket don't fit into the plot well enough, they shouldn't be in it at all. That fixes their biggest flaw pre-BW. Though unfortunately we have a recent example of them being used as a plot device to resolve a very boring COTD problem with the Floccesy Ranch episode, so they have the capacity to use Team Rocket the wrong way too.

    Hopefully with XY they'll find a good balance with their screen time and not drag them into bad fillers as a plot device. But their DP selves and flaws together are still much better than BW's serious Team Rocket, so for the duration of Da! I can appreciate the fact that we have the classic trio back.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    The writing seems a little off though. Like they're holding back slightly and are not quite matching what they used to be before BW. Maybe they writers just need to get used to it again.
    It seems as if they are 'holding back' because you subconsciously realized how bad their characters actually are like this. You're tricking yourself into waiting for something that was never there.

    They're apparently absent from DA03, which means the writers realise that if Team Rocket don't fit into the plot well enough, they shouldn't be in it at all. That fixes their biggest flaw pre-BW.
    They were shoved into the Oshawott episode for no reason. Not to mention that the villain of the episode they were absent from was cut from their mold anyway.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    But their DP selves and flaws together are still much better than BW's serious Team Rocket, so for the duration of Da! I can appreciate the fact that we have the classic trio back.
    1. We do NOT have "the classic trio" back. Takeshi Shudo left the anime in Johto, and now he's dead, so we will never EVER have "the classic trio" back.

    2. No, BW's serious Team Rocket are ten times better than their DP selves, since BW Team Rocket had a reason to exist in the show.

  17. #67

    Default

    DP did give Jessie Contests (as in, actual wins and Ribbons), which did wonders in keeping her (and by extension, Team Rocket) relevant. BW, I felt, was a way of keeping the organization relevant, moreso than them. (Though they did benefit from that by extension.) But I digress.

    I was never a fan of the silly Trio outside of Johto snarkiness, shipping, and Boss Fantasies. So I'm not a fan of the silliness of Da!, either. That being said, however, the silliness and seeing them after a while isn't so bad, so I don't mind the bits of silliness this arc.

    I really don't see why people think they're off, though the absence of Jame's cute Pokemon gag and Wobbuffet is pretty noticeable. Attention to Pokemon outside of the twerps'.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Whats that? Can you eat it?
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    I honestly don't care whether they're funny or serious, but let's be honest here: REGARDLESS of how they turn out, we DO NOT need 7-10 minutes of every 22 minute episode (with the occasional full 22 minutes) being dedicated to Team Rocket failing at another idiotic plot. I know filler episodes are used to pad a season in any anime, but they have turned Team Rocket into the impossible: inter-episode filler. They pad individual episodes with their presence because they can't even fill a 22 minute time slot.

    Personally, I like them whenever they aren't being bad guys and when they're being an Enemy Mine. Jessie's appearances in Contests in DP (unlike AG where she was just a butt monkey the whole time) were great. The episodes where they join up with Ash and Co. to fight a bigger threat, but make it obvious they are going to try and backstab Ash are great.

    Whatever they do with them, I'd almost like to see them as ascended rivals. They appear far more often than the stock rivals, but are clearly antagonistic, rather than friendly like all of Ash's rivals (sans Paul before the end) are. Let them continue to do criminal acts, and let them succeed every now and then. But for the love of all that is good, I don't think I can stomach them wasting 7-10 minutes of every episode anymore.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master View Post
    I honestly don't care whether they're funny or serious, but let's be honest here: REGARDLESS of how they turn out, we DO NOT need 7-10 minutes of every 22 minute episode (with the occasional full 22 minutes) being dedicated to Team Rocket failing at another idiotic plot. I know filler episodes are used to pad a season in any anime, but they have turned Team Rocket into the impossible: inter-episode filler. They pad individual episodes with their presence because they can't even fill a 22 minute time slot.

    Personally, I like them whenever they aren't being bad guys and when they're being an Enemy Mine. Jessie's appearances in Contests in DP (unlike AG where she was just a butt monkey the whole time) were great. The episodes where they join up with Ash and Co. to fight a bigger threat, but make it obvious they are going to try and backstab Ash are great.

    Whatever they do with them, I'd almost like to see them as ascended rivals. They appear far more often than the stock rivals, but are clearly antagonistic, rather than friendly like all of Ash's rivals (sans Paul before the end) are. Let them continue to do criminal acts, and let them succeed every now and then. But for the love of all that is good, I don't think I can stomach them wasting 7-10 minutes of every episode anymore.
    The thing is, BW & Season 2 proved that the writers are capable of making 22 minute episodes that don't feature Team Rocket at all, & if they did appear, it would be for literally a minute & would serve a purpose in a later episode. The writers are perfectly capable of making Team Rocket not show up at all in some episodes where they shouldn't be, but the thing we are wondering is if they will do that or revert to their old ways.
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    DP did give Jessie Contests (as in, actual wins and Ribbons), which did wonders in keeping her (and by extension, Team Rocket) relevant. BW, I felt, was a way of keeping the organization relevant, moreso than them. (Though they did benefit from that by extension.) But I digress.
    Contests did nothing for Jessie but stick her in outfits and infantilise her even more than usual, though. She was painfully obviously never going to be a serious rival to anyone, and placing fourth in a Grand Festival she cheated to get into with a montage battle just makes it clearer.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Whats that? Can you eat it?
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    The thing is, BW & Season 2 proved that the writers are capable of making 22 minute episodes that don't feature Team Rocket at all, & if they did appear, it would be for literally a minute & would serve a purpose in a later episode. The writers are perfectly capable of making Team Rocket not show up at all in some episodes where they shouldn't be, but the thing we are wondering is if they will do that or revert to their old ways.
    A thousand pardons, then. But I think I'll stick with what I've said. =P

    As long as they don't start taking up a third of the series anymore, I'll be mostly fine with whatever they do with them, but I would prefer if they actually tried to make them something more.

    With that being said, from what I've seen myself, I have a feeling they're probably trying to slowly revert them back to their old ways (DP Team Rocket, jooooooy), but in a way so that there won't be "too much" jarring of a transition of character. Who knows.

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Contests did nothing for Jessie but stick her in outfits and infantilise her even more than usual, though. She was painfully obviously never going to be a serious rival to anyone, and placing fourth in a Grand Festival she cheated to get into with a montage battle just makes it clearer.
    It still kept her relevant, tying her in with Dawn's story and making her a Contest rival of sorts. More relevant than she is in Da!, at least.

    (I don't get quote notifications anymore, apparently)

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    It still kept her relevant, tying her in with Dawn's story and making her a Contest rival of sorts. More relevant than she is in Da!, at least.
    She wasn't a rival to Dawn and had no impact on Dawn's story.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,947

    Default

    Well Jessie did beat Kenny fair and square....but....its Kenny...so nobody really cared.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    She wasn't a rival to Dawn and had no impact on Dawn's story.
    yeah. she just showed up and took part in contests. she wasn't a rival and she only really won contests that none of the other contest rivals took part in. it didn't add to her character and we all knew she wouldn't win.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •