Thread: So, what DOES make a Pokemon Legendary?

Default So, what DOES make a Pokemon Legendary?

So, if you go to the following website, there is a quiz from Pokemon Company International. If you take it, you find that Pheromosa, an Ultra Beast, is NOT a Legendary.

https://www.pokemonlegendary.com/en-...ndary-pokemon/

So now that we have definitive proof that Ultra Beasts aren't Legendary Pokemon, what is it that makes a Pokemon Legendary.

I want everyone to also note that Type: Null, Silvally and the ENTIRE Cosmog Family are listed as Legendary as well.

So, from all of this, what is it that makes a Pokemon Legendary? Let's speculate, shall we?

Arcanine is also not listed there even though the pokédex clearly says it's legendary.

Anyway, my guess is that legendary pokémon are limited per save file. You can catch unlimited amounts of Pheromosa in Ultra Moon, but you can only collect one Type: Null or Cosmog per save file.
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; Yesterday at 4:23 PM.

It seems that any Pokemon in the same line as a Legendary is indeed Legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    Arcanine is also not listed there even though the pokédex clearly says it's legendary.
    It was originally gonna be a Legendary, but the idea was scrapped. The Pokedex entries only suggest that it's "legendary in China" or it has "legendary beauty", which would make it different from actual Legendaries.
    Creator of two, soon to be three, Fakedexes, eventually totaling around 500 Fakemon.
    Gen 1 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 2 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 3 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 4 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 5 Kings: Queens:

The ineffable will of GameFreak.

Rarity.

If Type:Null and Silvally are being categorized as one, that's probably it.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Rarity.

In that case, Spiritomb should be considered a legendary, especially considering how difficult it is to obtain one.

My guess is any pokemon that bares a 'divine' status. Going all the way back to Gold & Silver, legendaries have always been referenced as deities or something of the like. All the pokemon listed on the official website except Type: Null and Silvally have this in common (seriously, what are they doing on this list?). The only pokemon not on this list that officially bares that status is Arceus, who is literally God.

That's all I got, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Rarity.

Well for the rarity part I usually see it as a one and only or very few in numbers thing like there's only two or three of them but otherwise I don't see a 1% encounter like Chansey to be considered Legendary.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Spiritomb can breed though, so it's technically not limited to one per save file.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeplayer9994 View Post
    So, if you go to the following website, there is a quiz from Pokemon Company International. If you take it, you find that Pheromosa, an Ultra Beast, is NOT a Legendary.

https://www.pokemonlegendary.com/en-...ndary-pokemon/

So now that we have definitive proof that Ultra Beasts aren't Legendary Pokemon, what is it that makes a Pokemon Legendary.

I want everyone to also note that Type: Null, Silvally and the ENTIRE Cosmog Family are listed as Legendary as well.

So, from all of this, what is it that makes a Pokemon Legendary? Let's speculate, shall we?
    I knew people will start using this as "proof" that Ultra Beasts aren't legendary. By this logic, Pokémon like Mew and Celebi aren't legendary either since they are present on these page either.

Tell me this. If Ultra Beasts aren't supposed to be legendary, why are they coded as legendary? They're coded as sub legends, same as things like the birds, beasts, golems and such. Surely this has to means something. In addition, in the Gen 7 games, they have the green background on their Pokédex pages just like the Tapu, and those are considered legends. They wouldn't have been coded this way if they weren't meant to be special, right?

Here's how I see it. You've got the main legends. And Mythical and Ultra Beast are a sub class of legend. They're similar, yet not the same. Mostly, these special Pokémon tend to be stronger than most Pokémon (By stats only, actual performance is a different matter). There also very rare and often have some sort of lore (For the most part). To be fair though, it's very vague and hard to describe properly.
    Last edited by Weavy; Today at 12:47 AM.