Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102

Thread: Which real life place would you like to see as a pokemon region?

  1. #1

    Default Which real life place would you like to see as a pokemon region?

    Basically anywhere in the world. Which country/continent would you like to see a pokemon region based on. For me I'd love to see a pokemon region based on New Zealand.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Somewhere playing Zoo Tycoon 2
    Posts
    230

    Default

    I'd like to see Alaska to contrast with Alola being based on Hawaii.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,922

    Default

    I want to see England get its own Pokemon version
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (Diamond random)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Russia for the size.

    Greece would also be cool if we got a bunch of mythological-themed Pokémon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,797

    Default

    Egypt, naturally.

    It's so different from the typical region, especially since it doesn't border an ocean, that it is bound to be an exciting experience.

    In addition, here are some other places I think would be nice:

    - West Africa: The massive flow of culture and mythology across the nations of West Africa is bound to garner inspiration for a wonderful region, not to mention a crapload of Ghost pokemon.

    - Canada: Mostly just to complete the France-Hawaii-Canada trio, but also because Sinnoh just wasn't legitimate enough as a cold region. I think Canada would be perfect.

    - Italy: If they capture the true essence of Italy, that it is several nations and cultures combined, it could prove to be a region with incredibly diverse and unique towns. Plus, Divine Comedy references everywhere.

    - Chicago: Yeah, I'm being biased, but also the Chicago metropolitan area stretches across three states and a giant lake (that could take you to Unova), and the city itself has the giant Chicago River flowing through it, in addition to forests, caves, and plains. Even more so, its elevated train system could be put to lovely use as a way to get around the region.

    - China: I mean come on. Who doesn't want China? Imagine Arcanine's regional form! Also, the vast history of China is bound to be ripe with inspiration for both storyline and pokemon.
    Last edited by PrinceOfFacade; 5th February 2018 at 9:33 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Somewhere playing Zoo Tycoon 2
    Posts
    230

    Default

    To add to my previous post...

    New England, due to extreme bias.

    India, because darn it we need a third world region.

    South Africa, because of biodiversity.

    Mexico, since it has a rather intriguing culture.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dating Korrina in y :P
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Greece would be cool. Also England.

    I already made up regions based off both, but meh; it being a reality would be neat :P
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

    *drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too
    I may add this one korrina blingee that helps my autism to this sig sometime however i don't feel like changing it as much yet :3 korrina is still powerful to me though^^

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,922

    Default

    I'd say Australia, but that region would be 50% Poison types
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (Diamond random)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    676

    Default

    As a Brit this may be a bit predictable, but I'd like to see the UK as a region.

    London would obviously serve as inspiration for the large metropolitan city. You could have a more rural area based around the rolling hills of the Yorkshire dales. We've got forests and wooded areas basically everywhere. The Welsh valleys would make for a cool, less desert-y Vast Poni Canyon-type area. The lake district, peak district and pennines would be cool for some variation in the landscape. Obviously an area inspired by Scotland's Loch Ness with some kind of Lapras tie in. Edinburgh's (reportedly haunted) underground city would be perfect for a ghost type area. And we've lots of iconic coastal things for the edges of the region such as the white cliffs of Dover and Ireland's giants causeway.

    With us having so much history you could also take a time period like the Victorian era or the Industrial Revolution for some fun motifs like Rapidash/Mudsdale drawn carriages or Torkoal powered steam engines. A lot of our wildlife is already represented in Pokemon but we've got a ton of feline inspired Pokemon so I don't see why we can't have a few more stag/deer/badger/fox/squirrel/hedgehog/owl Pokemon. And then we've got mythological creatures (some you may know from Harry Potter) like boggarts, banshees, leprechauns, grindylows, spriggans etc. Which could make for some pretty interesting designs, type combinations and maybe even unique abilities.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Under my bed sheets
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Well here we go:

    UK: I like the idea of London being a large metropolitan city and I believe it would be cool to explore large plains or even medieval castles sounds pretty intriguing in my opinion.
    Australia: We could see many weird looking Pokemon there and some vast deserts as well.
    Germany: Kinda surprised they haven't made one already given how much influence this country has to the Japanese. I guess we could see very unique cities there.
    Italy: I think a city like Milano or Rome would be a waste to not appear in Pokemon imo.
    Greece:My bias might play a part here but well given our vast mythology and the fact that we have many islands and mountain areas this could potentially make a quite exciting journey. I would also love to see Olympic Games for Pokemon as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,849

    Default

    I think a combination of India and Nepal would be a very interesting region. They can have very warm, tropical areas, and have it be much colder with mountainous regions up north, like Mt Everest. Furthermore, there's a lot of Indian mythology that could work well with Pokémon ideas, like a Monkey or Elephant Pokémon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LilligantLewis View Post
    "Because I like BW and SM when a lot of people don't, if someone criticizes SM, even if it's a valid criticism, I will suddenly complain that no one criticized XY in the same way. I will then proceed to pretend the thread is being raided by XY fanboys even though I'm the only one who brought up XY in the first place".

  12. #12

    Default

    Chicago land area or Egypt would be pretty interesting.
    ~Tier lists are annoying~

    ~Biggest DP fan...apparently ~

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Alaska or Scandinavia. Whichever of the two would allow for trainer customization to be mainly adorable winter wear. A strong desire to have this welled up inside me after two rounds of Alola. Not sure which of the two would offer more in terms of story.

    Credit to Satomine Night for this banner. <3

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    464

    Default

    I'd love to see South America as a region, but if I had to break it down further, the areas surrounding the Panama Canal.
    I also think Canada could be fun, depending on how they break it up into towns/cities/gyms.
    From Northwinter Press. Play as a monster trainer. Capture monsters from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and raise them as your companions. Catch updates and free conversions of monsters from many different games on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mysticalkom.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    i think Japan will be the best place for pokemons

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    U.K Wales
    Posts
    2,243

    Default

    UK.....but when I say that, I don't just mean England and Scotland.

    I love the idea of London being the main central city for the region, which acts as a metropolitan and a large Normal type gym who is mayor of the city. Then areas like the the lake distracts and the many different forests and woodland areas. Loch Ness would be incorporated too, with it being the place to capture Lapras (or a pre-evolution to Lapras, which is just a water type, and gets its ice type upon evolution on levelling up in a location based on Braeriach).

    Then at a later point you head to Wales, which is a large mountain area, which has many valleys with smaller towns and one smaller city. It also has a number of mine locations, and in one of the towns in the Valleys is a Rock type gym leader who uses fossil pokemon. He is also visited often by Roark.

    I'd love to see the box version legendaries being based off the Welsh Dragon, and the Loch Ness monster, being Fire Dragon and Water dragon respectfully. To capture the Welsh Dragon you must then go to a mountain in the Welsh part of the region, the tallest mountain in the game. Whereas to get the Loch Ness monster pokemon you must dive deep into the lake and into the caverns. Then a pokemon like Giratina, Necrozma and Rayquaza, basically the third version being found in England, a Griffin like creature.

    I'd then imagine the Elite Four being based on the Royal Family, with characters based on William, Charles, and Princess Anne being the first 3 and then Prince Phillip, before fighting off against the Champion, a character based off the Queen.

    The Government make an appearance too, and they seem to be trying to make the region a better place, but actually they have many dark secrets and they plan to overthrown the royal family.

    After beating the story and E4, you get a ferry ticket, which allows you to travel to Northern Ireland, which is were the post game story begins and the Battle Facility for that generation.


    Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    Well here we go:

    UK: I like the idea of London being a large metropolitan city and I believe it would be cool to explore large plains or even medieval castles sounds pretty intriguing in my opinion.
    Australia: We could see many weird looking Pokemon there and some vast deserts as well.
    Germany: Kinda surprised they haven't made one already given how much influence this country has to the Japanese. I guess we could see very unique cities there.
    Italy: I think a city like Milano or Rome would be a waste to not appear in Pokemon imo.
    Greece:My bias might play a part here but well given our vast mythology and the fact that we have many islands and mountain areas this could potentially make a quite exciting journey. I would also love to see Olympic Games for Pokemon as well.
    This would be my top 5. I also would like to see Canada

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    UK.....but when I say that, I don't just mean England and Scotland.

    I love the idea of London being the main central city for the region, which acts as a metropolitan and a large Normal type gym who is mayor of the city. Then areas like the the lake distracts and the many different forests and woodland areas. Loch Ness would be incorporated too, with it being the place to capture Lapras (or a pre-evolution to Lapras, which is just a water type, and gets its ice type upon evolution on levelling up in a location based on Braeriach).

    Then at a later point you head to Wales, which is a large mountain area, which has many valleys with smaller towns and one smaller city. It also has a number of mine locations, and in one of the towns in the Valleys is a Rock type gym leader who uses fossil pokemon. He is also visited often by Roark.

    I'd love to see the box version legendaries being based off the Welsh Dragon, and the Loch Ness monster, being Fire Dragon and Water dragon respectfully. To capture the Welsh Dragon you must then go to a mountain in the Welsh part of the region, the tallest mountain in the game. Whereas to get the Loch Ness monster pokemon you must dive deep into the lake and into the caverns. Then a pokemon like Giratina, Necrozma and Rayquaza, basically the third version being found in England, a Griffin like creature.

    I'd then imagine the Elite Four being based on the Royal Family, with characters based on William, Charles, and Princess Anne being the first 3 and then Prince Phillip, before fighting off against the Champion, a character based off the Queen.

    The Government make an appearance too, and they seem to be trying to make the region a better place, but actually they have many dark secrets and they plan to overthrown the royal family.

    After beating the story and E4, you get a ferry ticket, which allows you to travel to Northern Ireland, which is were the post game story begins and the Battle Facility for that generation.
    I like these ideas. But I, personally, would have a place located in East Anglia - like, either small towns that represent Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk or a city that amalgamates all of the counties.

    I'd also like a legendary demon Ghost/Dark dog pokemon based off of the Black Shuck - a local legend where I live. A lot of people would argue that Houndoom fits the bill but it's more of a spectral creature so it seems more fitting to have an original pokemon based off of that legend. Of course there could also be pokemon based off of gnomes and ogres too. The vast range of British folklore would allow for some pretty creative pokemon to be made imo.
    Current Hunts: - 4000 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S)


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Germany would probably be my number one pick.

    Italy would be a cool one to do theme-wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    U.K Wales
    Posts
    2,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samayouru View Post
    I like these ideas. But I, personally, would have a place located in East Anglia - like, either small towns that represent Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk or a city that amalgamates all of the counties.

    I'd also like a legendary demon Ghost/Dark dog pokemon based off of the Black Shuck - a local legend where I live. A lot of people would argue that Houndoom fits the bill but it's more of a spectral creature so it seems more fitting to have an original pokemon based off of that legend. Of course there could also be pokemon based off of gnomes and ogres too. The vast range of British folklore would allow for some pretty creative pokemon to be made imo.

    I like it! Moving aside from legendary pokemon, what regional pokemon could you picture? I'd like to see a Hedgehog being the regional rodent that maybe evolves into a porcupine. It could be a normal/grass type. And then a Sparrow/Robin for a regional bird.

    As for the starters...well I was think a Welsh Sheep, Scottish Red Deer and an English Corgi. Another idea could revolve around a starting town based on the countryside, you live in a farm town, and the starters being a Cow, Pig (had that already) or Chicken and Sheep. Not sure what would fit each starting type.


    Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mental hospital
    Posts
    3,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charmanderandswampertguy View Post
    Basically anywhere in the world. Which country/continent would you like to see a pokemon region based on. For me I'd love to see a pokemon region based on New Zealand.
    EYYY you read my mind ^^ I live in NZ and I love to see one esp its small and we need a proper kiwi Pokemon and not just Doduo <3

    Sky Tower would be epic for a gym or sightseeing thing

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    154

    Default

    While it is not a country I would love to see a region based off of the Amazon Rainforest. I think that I would give us a lot of interesting areas to explore and gives them lots of animals to base pokemon off of.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Canada, please!

    Or if not, maybe Australia, Spain or even Mexico. It would be pretty cool to have some Pokémon based on the Day of the Dead. And we already have Lombre and Ludicolo, who would make great Pokémon (though non-native) to appear there.
    I love Canada now and forever.

    Sun Team:

    Planned Ultra Sun Team:

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    I like it! Moving aside from legendary pokemon, what regional pokemon could you picture? I'd like to see a Hedgehog being the regional rodent that maybe evolves into a porcupine. It could be a normal/grass type. And then a Sparrow/Robin for a regional bird.

    As for the starters...well I was think a Welsh Sheep, Scottish Red Deer and an English Corgi. Another idea could revolve around a starting town based on the countryside, you live in a farm town, and the starters being a Cow, Pig (had that already) or Chicken and Sheep. Not sure what would fit each starting type.
    I think a good regional candidate would be a dormouse pokemon. They're super cute and make their nests out of straw in fields. It wouldn't be too tough to turn that into a pokemon methinks!

    As for starters I think an English Corgi would be a fantastic idea. Even better if the Queen's character has one on her team (or several considering how obsessed she is with corgis irl). The sheep's good too, considering that there's only the Mareep line in the franchise so far (and Skiddo and Gogoat don't really count because they're goats). I personally think there could be a starter based off of a badger, considering they're part of both the british and japanese wildlife. Dunno what typing it would be though.
    Current Hunts: - 4000 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S)


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    As a Brit this may be a bit predictable, but I'd like to see the UK as a region.

    London would obviously serve as inspiration for the large metropolitan city. You could have a more rural area based around the rolling hills of the Yorkshire dales. We've got forests and wooded areas basically everywhere. The Welsh valleys would make for a cool, less desert-y Vast Poni Canyon-type area. The lake district, peak district and pennines would be cool for some variation in the landscape. Obviously an area inspired by Scotland's Loch Ness with some kind of Lapras tie in. Edinburgh's (reportedly haunted) underground city would be perfect for a ghost type area. And we've lots of iconic coastal things for the edges of the region such as the white cliffs of Dover and Ireland's giants causeway.

    With us having so much history you could also take a time period like the Victorian era or the Industrial Revolution for some fun motifs like Rapidash/Mudsdale drawn carriages or Torkoal powered steam engines. A lot of our wildlife is already represented in Pokemon but we've got a ton of feline inspired Pokemon so I don't see why we can't have a few more stag/deer/badger/fox/squirrel/hedgehog/owl Pokemon. And then we've got mythological creatures (some you may know from Harry Potter) like boggarts, banshees, leprechauns, grindylows, spriggans etc. Which could make for some pretty interesting designs, type combinations and maybe even unique abilities.
    I didn’t know Edinburgh had an underground city. But the fire starter would probably be a sheep or goat, because of the Chinese zodiac connection. But hey, if we could get a better fire badger than typhlosion, i’d Be all for it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •