Page 1 of 190 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

Default Things that grind your gears!

This is a thread to share all of your pet-peeves that involve anything Pokemon.

If I had to list just one I'd say that it would be this: Trading a legit Pokemon on the GTS for one that seems too good to be true, only to find out that it was too good to be true, and that it was hacked/cloned. Since I very recently started using Pokecheck, I can weed out pretty much any hacks in any way shape or form, and it bugs me. :P

But what annoys the hell out of me is that I have to trade these off to another poor soul who has no idea that what they're getting is an illegitimate Pokemon. D:

What about you guys?
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Kling, Klang and Klinklang.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    But what annoys the hell out of me is that I have to trade these off to another poor soul who has no idea that what they're getting is an illegitimate Pokemon. D:
    How about just not being a deceptive jerk and releasing the Pokemon, rather than trading them?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

If I had to list just one I'd say that it would be this: Trading a legit Pokemon on the GTS for one that seems too good to be true, only to find out that it was too good to be true, and that it was hacked/cloned. Since I very recently started using Pokecheck, I can weed out pretty much any hacks in any way shape or form, and it bugs me. :P

What about you guys?
    Reading this grinds my gears! How can you trade illegitimate Pokemon to others? Do you not have a conscience?

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Always replacing like 3 of your team members with hm idiots like surfers, flyers, and strenghters and rock smashers.
    And also, searching hours in the GTS but always finding that the people want legendaries under level 9...

What about you guys?
    Why not release the Pokemon instead of trading it another unfortunate person?

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

You know what really grinds my gears? When you're about to defeat a Gym leader's strongest Pokemon, and the Gym leader uses a Hyper Potion/Full Restore, even when one uses quick attack or extremespeed. Just think how that scenario would look in the Anime.
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by Qmaz246 View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears? When you're about to defeat a Gym leader's strongest Pokemon, and the Gym leader uses a Hyper Potion/Full Restore, even when one uses quick attack or extremespeed. Just think how that scenario would look in the Anime.
    Ironic. It would look ironic.

How about a very strong Klinklang uses Shift Gear, increasing its Attack to 150% and doubling its Speed? That grinds my gears... literally... as the Knlinklang will usually use Gear Grind afterwards.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Something that really grinds my gears, is when your opponent score many critical hits in a row, and you barely score one...

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    Why not release the Pokemon instead of trading it another unfortunate person?
    Yeah, I'm gonna start doing that now...
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

When I'm out of repels in a cave

Creds to Trickster44

When my chain in Pokemon Platinum breaks.

gear grind.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Confusion, has always irritated me. And the fact that many moves that aren't particularly powerful can miss eg. Rock Slide, Metal Claw, Steel Wing, Fly and Take Down.
    1st X run:

When a battle goes like this:
    oppenent's Pokemon uses any move that causes confusion
    My Pokemon is confused
    My Turn
    Pokemon is confused
    Pokemon hits itself in confusion
    It repeats till my Pokemon Knocks itself out

Goal Roll in HG/SS HOW CAN ANYBODY DO IT!

Genwhiners

moves that hit 2-5 times have a 1/8 chance of hitting 5 times.

The enemy hits 5 times all day long.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Quote Originally Posted by Qmaz246 View Post
    Cant stand this , happening to me right now facing the elite four

Quote Originally Posted by DylanAqua View Post
    Then why is that fan art in your signature?

This is what grinds my gears.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Thing's that grind my gears huh...how about finding a Shiny pokemon only for it to run away or self-destruct? Happened to me on
    a couple of occasions >.>(stupid electrode)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    Kling, Klang and Klinklang.
    Best. Post. EVER.

You know what really grinds my gears? My clutch before I replaced it a month ago at the tune of $900.

Actually, you know what really grinds my gears? Pokémon SMASH for being a sorry expert on all things new.

Gear grind.

No, just kidding.

Ugh, I HATE the speculation on the new Fairy type. And, It would be even worse if it came true ;-; DONT WASTE A NEW TYPE ON FAIRY TYPE, NINTENDO!

EDIT:

Just got a rep comment on this. I cant believe I ever made this post. I love the new fairy type!
    And what the what!? Why would it make me insecure???? lol
    Last edited by Chapter; 9th February 2014 at 2:34 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

^Because the name "Fairy" makes you feel insecure?

I'm quite positive there will a new type, but I don't think it'd be called Fairy.

Anyway, grinding to level up my team in HG/SS is kinda annoying as the levels of wild pokemon in there are not so high.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Gear grind.

No, just kidding.

Ugh, I HATE the speculation on the new Fairy type. And, It would be even worse if it came true ;-; DONT WASTE A NEW TYPE ON FAIRY TYPE, NINTENDO!
    You'll get used to it.

Anyway what grinds my gears is Shiny Genesect the ridiculous pattern of the amount of Pokémon made in even Generations (Gens 2 and 4). Hopefully XY can break the tradition of the pattern.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 20th May 2013 at 4:35 AM.

I think the biggest thing of all time that grinds my gears like nobody's business...

...is the immediate hatred new gens and their Pokemon get because they're new.

Now, I'm not talking about people who legitimately dislike or even hate certain gens. And by "legitimately", I mean they saw the games, looked up some info on them, maybe even played them, and decided they didn't like them. They actually gave the thing a chance, even if only a small one, before they came to a decision.

I'm talking about the people who hear about a new game coming out and say: "Gen ___? Ugh, why are they making more Pokemon games? Anything after *insert region here* sucks. Original *however many Pokemon they consider to be good* forever!"

I will mention, I don't usually run into this type of fan on Serebii. I tend to see these people on facebook and it makes me want to tear my hair out. At least give the thing a chance before you tell me straight up that whatever group of Pokemon you like is far better than the new stuff that's coming out.
    Last edited by zozo; 20th May 2013 at 4:57 AM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Page 1 of 190 123451151101 ... LastLast