Page 8 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

You can't ask for eggs or Pokemon you have not seen on GTS. If I saw a Snorlax I might not need a Snorlax.

What irritates me even more so than the new elemental type (Fairy and I'm surprised Marill is classified as one of them) is that Gamefreak comes up with the same types of Pokemon and not to mention the same type combinations. For instance, Clauncher is a crustacean Pokemon, like Krabby, Corphish, Kingler and Crawdaunt. As for Talonflame, it's a Fire/Flying type.

Here's what Gamefreak should have come up with in the first place:

• A dolphin-like Pokemon
    • A troll-like Pokemon
    • A tiger-like Pokemon (Arcanine may look like one, but it's supposed to be a cat)
    • A gorilla-like Pokemon
    • A snowman-like Pokemon
    • A single-eyed Pokemon
    • A three or more eyed Pokemon
    • Some sort of Basilisk Pokemon

Among the new type combinations I was expecting are:

• Fire/Poison
    • Fighting/Flying
    • Fighting/Dragon
    • Poison/Dragon
    • Ice/Steel
    • Ice/Rock
    • Ice/Poison
    • Ghost/Grass
    • Dark/Psychic
    • Dark/Bug
    • Bug/Psychic (Venomoth should have been that combination, especially Vivillon as a Bug/Fairy)
    • Psychic/Ghost

when a hit from the opponent is super effectieve a few times in a row
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2qtdg79.jpg[/IMG]
    LIKE/REBLOG!
    http://zomgzeus.tumblr.com/post/52642195149/when-i-was-little-i-really-wanted-to-be-10-like

How I always seem to get a critical when I don't need it. Oh and how if opponents use moves that can hit 5 times, it'll always hit five times. Also, impossible GTS trades, even for simple pokemon like a Panpour.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

How one of the team plasma grunts in pokemon black 2/white 2 in Nimbasa City says "I've been training this pokemon for 2 years and its really tough" but all my pokemon on my team are 3/5 levels higher than his pokemon and I only have had them for 1 week. That's really stupid and annoying. Especially when people and trainers TALK AND TALK AND TALK about stuff you don't care about and already know! Yeesh.

The Foonguss line.
    >_____>
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

These Join Avenue quotes:

"Now, where do you think I want to go?"
    "I want to go there! You know... there!"
    "Frankly, the place I want to go is there!"

You'll never know exactly which shop they want to go to at first if you're just starting out.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post

You'll never know exactly which shop they want to go to at first if you're just starting out.
    Yeah I always got stumped by those until I read a guide and yeah, those three are for shopkeepers of a specific gender.

Forgetting to save before fighting a legendary and then knocking it out

Credit for this banner goes to Rikku Takanashi

Credit for this banner goes to Chapter of Charizard

Even before I knew what they meant, I instinctively usually referred the visitors to the correct shop...

When I want to Paralyze a dangerous and fast opponent with Serene Grace Jirachi and KEEP FAILING MULTIPLE TIMES despite the fact that Serene Grace gives Thunder a 60% Paralysis chance. And this KEEPS HAPPENING IN A ROW until Jirachi gets knocked out. And this has happened in multiple battles.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Wait... I thought of some more stuff...

~Leafeon doesn't evolve with leaf stone. -_-
    ~Ragequitters
    ~People that say they hate gen 6 without even playing the games.
    ~The fact that I hate starting out on new games
    ~Metronome. My stupid Togekiss SUCKS at using metronome.

There's some more too....

Focus Sashes in the PWT.

They greatly hamper my chances of OHKOing enemy Pokémon to rush my challenge up. And from there, they use a move that turns out to be a critical hit, then my Pokémon die.

Focus Sashes in the PWT.

They greatly hamper my chances of OHKOing enemy Pokémon to rush my challenge up. And from there, they use a move that turns out to be a critical hit, then my Pokémon die.
    If you think that's bad, wait until you hear so many opponents stick berries on their Pokemon to ensure your strongest super-effective attack's damage is nerfed and then they survive and revenge kill you. It's the reason why I lose a lot of battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    If you think that's bad, wait until you hear so many opponents stick berries on their Pokemon to ensure your strongest super-effective attack's damage is nerfed and then they survive and revenge kill you. It's the reason why I lose a lot of battles.
    Fortunately for me, that don't happen as my Pokémon are very powerful enough to OHKO even when nerfed by those berries. Even if they survive, they just use useless moves and I get the chance to go for the kill.

The Fact I have to wait 'till October for Fennekin, Furabebe and Skrelp!

But seriously, Cynthia's Garchomp in D/P. It's a high level with a great movepool. The maxed IVs aren't exactly a favor to me. And the fact I was a newbie to the series at the time also never helped...

Shiny pokemon.
    I saw this one guy's shiny collection, and he had a Togepi, Pichu, and Axew, and I had to look real close to see if they were any different.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

I feel like HM's should just be dropped in general from the games. Seriously, why not just make the HM for stuff like Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, etc an item, like a saw for cut, or a raft for surf, etc? Why do you have to either teach the HM to one of your Pokemon, or be forced to get a ''HM slave'' all the time to take up space in your party? I would have thought it would have been done a long time ago.

As of recent, the annoying people -aka my friends- that are rubbing it in my face that Fairy came true because I didn't want it, then all the people that say "you have to like it though." Yes I know it's in the game but that doesn't mean I still can't not like it...uhg...

Overall though the people that call me a genonner for the simple fact that I like Generation one the most. I know I like generation one more than any of the other gens, and I know I can't even beat FR/LG without putting it down and going back to first gen, but I just prefer it. I still play all the new games, and I'm pumped for this game coming out. I also get the comment "take your nostalgia goggles off." I'm sorry, but I have my own personal opinions and I just so happen to like something that I grew up with. That doesn't make me a nostalgia critic that just means I have a different taste. UHG that bugs the ever loving..dgagagbjg

Its no different than someone who likes Gen 3 the best because that's what they started on, mine's just a bit older, you don't see those people getting called spiteful names.

Edit: also people that think and want the pikachu line to at some point get fairy or split evolution and get fairy. 1 why would they change the mascot, and 2 DON'T TOUCH MY RAICHU!!
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 15th June 2013 at 8:30 AM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Leech Seed.
    Leech Seed.
    Leech Seed.

Again, Leech Seed, and paralysis. Top it with confusion and I'm gonna erupt like a volcano.

Here's another thing that bothers me:

Missing out on events/trading/other activities due to the fact that my wireless router is incapable of getting WEP security.
    Latest Shiny (8/6/14)
    Obtained via: MM Egg 76
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Missing out on events/trading because the free wireless around here is incompatible with Nintendo WFC and I can't change the home encryption.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki View Post
    I feel like HM's should just be dropped in general from the games. Seriously, why not just make the HM for stuff like Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, etc an item, like a saw for cut, or a raft for surf, etc? Why do you have to either teach the HM to one of your Pokemon, or be forced to get a ''HM slave'' all the time to take up space in your party? I would have thought it would have been done a long time ago.
    Actually, in B/W 2 (and in B/W except for cut), HM moves weren't needed to beat the game (ie to progress through areas)- sometimes strength, surf and waterfall can be used to get to small areas with special items (and in surf's case it lets you get certain pokemon), but the natural obstacles aren't key roadblocks any more. Wonder how it will be in X and Y, though, especially with the new graphics...hmm.
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

I hate it when a gym leader has a Pokemon with very high defence and HP, and I take a very long time to bring all it's HP down only for the leader to use a damn full restore.

Also, I hate using Thunder. 70 accuracy my *ss.

Yay, 100th post!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeguru View Post
    What irritates me even more so than the new elemental type (Fairy and I'm surprised Marill is classified as one of them)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    As of recent, the annoying people -aka my friends- that are rubbing it in my face that Fairy came true because I didn't want it, then all the people that say "you have to like it though." Yes I know it's in the game but that doesn't mean I still can't not like it...uhg...

Overall though the people that call me a genonner for the simple fact that I like Generation one the most. I know I like generation one more than any of the other gens, and I know I can't even beat FR/LG without putting it down and going back to first gen, but I just prefer it. I still play all the new games, and I'm pumped for this game coming out. I also get the comment "take your nostalgia goggles off." I'm sorry, but I have my own personal opinions and I just so happen to like something that I grew up with. That doesn't make me a nostalgia critic that just means I have a different taste. UHG that bugs the ever loving..dgagagbjg

Its no different than someone who likes Gen 3 the best because that's what they started on, mine's just a bit older, you don't see those people getting called spiteful names.

Edit: also people that think and want the pikachu line to at some point get fairy or split evolution and get fairy. 1 why would they change the mascot, and 2 DON'T TOUCH MY RAICHU!!
    Completely agreed! When I made the previous post here, which was about the same, I didn't talk about that type, because it had still not been announced. However, at that time I could already say (and did so) that they were somehow making fun of the previous generations (now it's happening more, due to the fact that some of the old pokémon are being classified as Fairy type). Now I'm completely sure they've gone mad. I'm using this special post (100th) to say that in my opinion, when it comes to official stuff, pokémon is almost over (call it what you want: "break the pact with Game Freak"?...), which doesn't mean the fandom can't keep it alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeguru View Post
    A single-eyed Pokemon
    Dusclops?
    Last edited by TheOriginalOne; 16th June 2013 at 1:02 AM.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

The original Pokémon Stadium game. There's something very wrong with the battle mechanics there.

My level 100 Moltres at full HP got knocked out by an Exeggutor. THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE POSSIBLE

Page 8 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast