Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354
Results 8,826 to 8,838 of 8838

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

  1. #8826
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach8920 View Post
    Klink's Gear Grind.

    As it says, it really GRINDS my GEARS.
    I can't believe we managed to go almost 9000 posts wihout that obligatory pun. Related to that, I don't like how the Klink line is pure Steel instead of Steel/Electric because of its proficiency in Electric moves, especially since so many of these moves are special based when its a physical combatant
    Last edited by RedJirachi; Today at 10:21 AM.
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  2. #8827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    I disagree with it being too early for DP remakes because they can be played on the 3DS. DP is pretty much unobtainable for reasonable prices these days depending on your country unless you simply get lucky somewhere. I have to pay twice as much money for Diamond as I have to pay for Omega Ruby. Maybe it's different in the US, but gen4 is pretty hard to get in Europe.
    Whereabouts in Europe do you live? In the United Kingdom there's a brilliant second-hand gaming shop called CeX, which is currently selling Diamond and Pearl for Ł22, and Platinum for Ł28. And they're even cheaper on eBay - there's some copies available for Ł10 or less, if you don't mind just getting the game card without the box. I'd be a little bit cautious with eBay though, as some people try to sell fakes on there occasionally; generally speaking I prefer CeX because I know I can trust them.

    On the subject of DP remakes, I have a feeling they will happen in Generation 8, on the Nintendo Switch. So far, there have never been multiple remakes released on the same console. Generation 7 seems to be following the same pattern as Generation 5, releasing a pair of "sequel" games instead of a remake.

  3. #8828
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Typhlosion View Post
    Whereabouts in Europe do you live? In the United Kingdom there's a brilliant second-hand gaming shop called CeX, which is currently selling Diamond and Pearl for Ł22, and Platinum for Ł28. And they're even cheaper on eBay - there's some copies available for Ł10 or less, if you don't mind just getting the game card without the box. I'd be a little bit cautious with eBay though, as some people try to sell fakes on there occasionally; generally speaking I prefer CeX because I know I can trust them.

    On the subject of DP remakes, I have a feeling they will happen in Generation 8, on the Nintendo Switch. So far, there have never been multiple remakes released on the same console. Generation 7 seems to be following the same pattern as Generation 5, releasing a pair of "sequel" games instead of a remake.
    It's true CEX is my local trade-in store too and they are superb. I know they're scarce in America but in the UK we have it pretty abundant. Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver though absolutely trounce Diamond, Pearl and Platinum in value though all of them are relatively easy to find even loose.

    EDIT: The thing grinding my gears is people saying the Kanto region doesn't need a revisit and shrugging it off as Gen I wish fulfillment.

    Let me tell you I'm playing through LeafGreen right now and let me tell you having played every game since FR/LG are really, really bland remakes. Unlike the others which you know, actually extend upon the lore of their given region and the backstory going on with their legendaries, FR and LG are just polished versions of those exact same games with no extra content. Red, Blue and Yellow got the job done back in the day and I love them for that but Legendaries don't have any significance or presence in this game, their locations are chosen not for any backstory but because they're thematically appropriate.

    It's really weird that every single form of Pokemon media including the Origins, XY, HG/SS and the Adventures manga add context to the lore of Kanto but these games barely do at all. The Sevii Islands were a nice little extra but they're barely used at all for anything meaningful. Speaking as someone who loves Gen IV the most Kanto does deserve a revisit, if only to bring the lore aspects and backstory up to the standards of the rest of the series.

    I'm beginning to wonder if it was GF's plan all along to leave out a Yellow/Blue/Emerald/Crystal remake so they could re-visit these games at a later date.
    Last edited by gamer_legend; 22nd June 2017 at 6:49 PM.
    Shiny's Obtained

    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Leaf Green:
    Pokemon Platinum
    Pokemon Heartgold

    Escaped Shiny's
    Pokemon Black
    Pokemon Y

  4. #8829
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    862

    Default

    I've always felt annoyed that Defog was never a Move Tutor attack ever since it had its HM status taken away. Same with Rock Climb. I know Rock Climb isn't very viable or useful in battle but being able to cause Confusion can be pretty useful in tight situations.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  5. #8830
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    They're called clans...

    C L A N S

    >:/



    ^ Credits to Conquer Phoenix

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

  6. #8831
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Rotom's different forms not being able to know more than one move of its new type
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  7. #8832
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Rotom's different forms not being able to know more than one move of its new type
    Im pretty sure they did that to avoid things like Surf Rotom Heat or Leaf Storm Rotom Wash
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

    Nintendo I.D.: Jesse.S.H.

  8. #8833
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Typhlosion View Post
    Whereabouts in Europe do you live? In the United Kingdom there's a brilliant second-hand gaming shop called CeX, which is currently selling Diamond and Pearl for Ł22, and Platinum for Ł28. And they're even cheaper on eBay - there's some copies available for Ł10 or less, if you don't mind just getting the game card without the box. I'd be a little bit cautious with eBay though, as some people try to sell fakes on there occasionally; generally speaking I prefer CeX because I know I can trust them.

    On the subject of DP remakes, I have a feeling they will happen in Generation 8, on the Nintendo Switch. So far, there have never been multiple remakes released on the same console. Generation 7 seems to be following the same pattern as Generation 5, releasing a pair of "sequel" games instead of a remake.
    I live in the Netherlands. We don't get that many gaming shops here, it's very stale due to competition with online shops like Steam and the Nintendo E-shop.

  9. #8834
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    When people always claim that Game Freak is running out of ideas( just cause of certain pokemon)

    As DP/pt remakes To be honest I only up for them if they can fix all the problems that gen i.e. needing a HM move every five minutes.

    As of yet still no word of gen 7 mystery dungeon games.

  10. #8835
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    585

    Default

    It's probably just me, but while I was breeding an Amaura for my Sun playthrough, I noticed that it doesn't get Power Gem- and I don't know why, but it actually really annoys me. Power Gem would be the perfect move for it- a STAB Special attack, plus the description states that it's 'a ray of light that sparkles as if it were made of gemstones'. Perfect for Aurorus, but there's no way for it to get it. I honesty kind of hope that it's fixed later on. I actually though it was maybe an error in the Egg Move listings before I bred it, seeing as Power Gem did seem like an obvious move for it, but nope. It really doesn't have it.

    I also agree with the whole Klinklang thing. Might be my favourite Steel-type, but I agree that it should be Electric-type, seeing as it gets so many Electric moves. STAB on those would be really nice.
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

    Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke- Current Team:

    - - - - -
    Magnus - Brom - Spitfire - Pyrrhon - Rocco - Kindred
    Deaths: 1

  11. #8836
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    668

    Default

    So I was playing through Generation I, specifically Pokemon Yellow and I intend on playing through every generation to see each generation for their strengths and weaknesses. With that being said there are some things about Generation I which no-one really ever mentions and I want to get these off my chest.

    1. OH MY GOD, THE STATUS HAX - As with any traditional JRPG one of the most long running features in Pokemon are status conditions and in more than any other entries in the series I've played it is the Kanto games and their remakes which really hit you hard with these. The one I found to be the most infuriating is poison because regardless whether or not Poison is a secondary effect of a move like Poison Sting or Smog are no if's... you ARE going to be poisoned. However both confusion and paralysis are also worthy of mention and the remakes... really don't fix this at all thanks to the introduction of abilities which pretty much allow you to inflict these conditions at no real cost. Sleep while nowhere near as common deserves mention due to waking up from it actually takes up your entire turn.

    2. OH MY GOD, THE PADDING - I've never noticed this before but I swear Kanto has the biggest ratio of trainers per route/tunnel then any other Pokemon game and I wouldn't be listing this as a sin if number of these trainers didn't use the exact same basic Pokemon. Granted there were only 151 Pokemon in Generation 1 so let's take away the birds and Mew duo to make it 145... that is still far too many Pokemon for 6 Magikarp on a single trainers team to ever be accepted as a good pitch. There are a number of Pokemon that maybe slightly uncommon but would've been more interesting to see like Tangela, Mr Mime, Jynx and so on in opposing members teams. You'd think the Generation II games would fix this issue but as it turns out... no not really, Kanto's routes are just as packed if not more so than ever in G/S/C though credit where it's due there are a few more Pokemon on show.

    Honorable Mentions
    Wrap and Bind - so you can't escape from these or take an action while these moves are in effect... that's fair.
    Screech - Not because it's a bad move but more so due to the fact it's audio is incredibly piercing to the point I'm actually surprised it was given the green light to be put into the game. If you think Lavender Town's theme caused irritation try using the move screech a couple of times.
    Shiny's Obtained

    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Leaf Green:
    Pokemon Platinum
    Pokemon Heartgold

    Escaped Shiny's
    Pokemon Black
    Pokemon Y

  12. #8837
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    The inevitable "over 9000" joke we will get soon with the 9001st post. Also, the fact Garbodor's moveset is more special oriented when its more physically competent
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  13. #8838
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    475

    Default

    So I picked up some Pokémon I forgot to pick up from the delivery man for mystery gift. I brought a synchronise Pokémon to try and get the nature I want. It turns out synchronise still doesn't work on mystery gift Pokémon. This is an absolute pain; if synchronise can work on other gift Pokémon, why not mystery gift Pokémon? They were going a step in the right direction, but still haven't perfected it yet....

    On the lines of synchronise, the fact it's not 100% really screws me over on multiple occasions. There were times in Sun/Moon were I caught a legend/UB with amazing IVs, but synchronise didn't work and it ended up haven't the wrong nature. This is very irritating and time consuming, and part of me hopes it's improved on in later generations, especially since they're pushing competitive a lot more lately. (Or if you do a lot of battle facilities, like me.)

Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •