Page 359 of 359 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359
Results 8,951 to 8,972 of 8972

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

It REALLY grinds my gears that they show type affectiveness under attacks now in Sun and Moon. One of the few real challenges of Pokemon was learning the type charts, now that's gone. Plus it's not even optional. Just Game Freak insulting the intelligence of the fanbase more and more in each passing generation. Pokemon was always easy, but now the older games seems like a challenge by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Charming Charmander View Post
    It REALLY grinds my gears that they show type affectiveness under attacks now in Sun and Moon. One of the few real challenges of Pokemon was learning the type charts, now that's gone. Plus it's not even optional. Just Game Freak insulting the intelligence of the fanbase more and more in each passing generation. Pokemon was always easy, but now the older games seems like a challenge by comparison.
    I actually like that they show the type effectiveness in battle. I have been playing since Yellow. The chart is a pain to remember and sometimes I forget who's strong against what. So it saves me time from looking up the chart on the internet.

But yes it should be optinonal. Options are always good.
    Currently completing my Living Dex!

It grinds my gears that Ice types have a grand total of one resistance, that being itself. At least Normal types balance out their one resistance(well, immunity) with one weakness
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    It grinds my gears that Ice types have a grand total of one resistance, that being itself. At least Normal types balance out their one resistance(well, immunity) with one weakness
    This; you'd think they'd be able to resist Flying and Grass if nothing else.
    Last edited by Cat's Eye Draco; 13th September 2017 at 4:16 AM. Reason: Crazy Auto Correct :P

Quote Originally Posted by Charming Charmander View Post
    This!

Yeah, I understand it's now "hot" to make all games newbie friendly and the games are more complicated than when we learnt the simple games "hard way". Instead of doing such disservice to new players and old alike, why not simplify games a bit and keep them challenging, if they are to continue the brand?

Also, it grinds my gears that ORAS tutor moves can't be inherited through breeding in SM... *silent swearing*
    Last edited by Deadeye; 14th September 2017 at 5:08 PM.
    "You're supposed to troubleshoot the system but instead you seem to be perpetually interested in finding ways make a mess of it!"

In the original games it cost 9999 coins to get Porygon. This may be worth it if Porygon was, say some legendary-tier Pokemon like Dragonite. However it's a rather mediocore if not weak Pokemon, and even in FRLG you can't obtain its more useful but still nothing special evolution until the post game. While it's good there are more cost-effective means of obtaining this Pokemon in later games, I am incensed this was the means of obtaining it when it was introduced

From Pokemon Go: I really get annoyed when there's a Pokemon I'm interested in getting and I'm either really busy or it's too late/too far away to get. /facepalm
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

In the original games it cost 9999 coins to get Porygon. This may be worth it if Porygon was, say some legendary-tier Pokemon like Dragonite. However it's a rather mediocore if not weak Pokemon, and even in FRLG you can't obtain its more useful but still nothing special evolution until the post game. While it's good there are more cost-effective means of obtaining this Pokemon in later games, I am incensed this was the means of obtaining it when it was introduced
    Actually, in Blue, it was 6500 coins. that REALLY incensed me because I had Red version.
    Last edited by KaleeyJ; 17th September 2017 at 5:03 AM. Reason: addl info

I think it's silly that people are getting worked up over USUM. "There's not enough new stuff for me to buy this!" If you stopped and think about it all Pokemon games are the same regardless of the content. USUM is shaping up to be a third installment, but split into two versions. What's even more funny is that a majority of these people will buy the games.

Today I finally got to the Battle Tree. I was sad that I didn't get to hear Blue's theme while fighting him at the entrance. Also why isn't there a person there to heal you? It's quite annoying that Poni only has one Pokemon center.

Quote Originally Posted by KaleeyJ View Post
    Actually, in Blue, it was 6500 coins. that REALLY incensed me because I had Red version.
    That's still way too much for Porygon

I gotta say; reading people's profiles over wifi on y grinded my gears QUITE a bit Some stuff I read was very confusing, and made me even wonder...if theres still a lot of horrible people, EVEN IN JAPAN.....

That said, I don't plan on doing something like that again in the future. There were good parts; Like I learned a lot of people who like pokemon also like the color pink and cuteness But i'm still just too sensitive to read people are also feeling lonely/don't have friends/are getting picked on I think some, maybe even more than some, peoples profiles hinted at those types of things a lot.

That said, i'm getting stronger now, and eating some chocolate right after playing my 2ds yesterday did help me calm down quite a bit....

But this still grind's my gears anyways >/
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

I made this blingee of one of the most awesome pokemon EVER :3
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

It grinds my gears that the Height and Weight Check feature was removed from the Pokedex in Generation V. I thought it was fun to see the comparison between the Trainer and the Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Yami View Post
    I think it's silly that people are getting worked up over USUM. "There's not enough new stuff for me to buy this!" If you stopped and think about it all Pokemon games are the same regardless of the content. USUM is shaping up to be a third installment, but split into two versions. What's even more funny is that a majority of these people will buy the games.

Today I finally got to the Battle Tree. I was sad that I didn't get to hear Blue's theme while fighting him at the entrance. Also why isn't there a person there to heal you? It's quite annoying that Poni only has one Pokemon center.
    You can also heal at Hapu's place by interacting with the Miltank. And you can heal at the Battle Tree by depositing and withdrawing from the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    You can also heal at Hapu's place by interacting with the Miltank. And you can heal at the Battle Tree by depositing and withdrawing from the PC.
    I always forget you can heal through the PC! Thanks for the tips!

The dates they picked for the 20th ani movie in the states. Why on earth would they have screenings on Sunday and Monday? Sunday makes sense, but Monday? Kids are still in school and I never went to see movies after school when I was a kid. Oh well I'm just happy my area is getting the movie. I can't wait! I haven't seen a Pokemon movie in the theater since the third movie!

Gen IV and V no longer being able to access wi-fi

I just remembered that in gen II it's hard to get the evolution stones. I'm getting Silver on the VC and I want use Oddish because Vileplume is my favorite grass Pokemon. It sucks I have to wait until after the E4 to get the leaf stone. I'll also need to get a second oddish because you need to show Bill's grandfather an Oddish to get said leaf stones. GF why do you hurt me?

Speaking of the evolution stones. Why can't we just buy them? In every game I end with over million of Poke dollars and I have nothing to spend it on.

I find getting Black sludge in Sun and Moon to be annoying. Especially because of Fling. I think it should be find-able in game or found at the battle tree for BP.

The Marshadow distribution is just abysmal in the Netherlands, apparently the codes are only given out at a festival I've got no other interest in quite far away from my house. Why can't they just do a wifi event?

The amount of event-exclusive moves which do no damage is too damn high!

Gen IV and V no longer being able to access wi-fi
    Almost nobody plays those games these days, though. So Nintendo cutting off Wi-Fi access for irrelevant games and freeing up server space for current games was sensible.

I'm a bit disappointed that Crystal wasn't released for the VC with Gold and Silver. We got Yellow with Red and Blue so I see no reason why Crystal was skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem Aeternam View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed that Crystal wasn't released for the VC with Gold and Silver. We got Yellow with Red and Blue so I see no reason why Crystal was skipped.
    Maybe the programmers needed more time to convert Crystal. It did have a few additions to it and they maybe taking out all the coding for the phone adapter building that was in the Japanese version of the game. I heard that place was pretty big.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Page 359 of 359 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359