Page 342 of 352 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 8783

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

  1. #8526
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izio View Post
    The Player Search System was an excellent innovation, one that kept Pokemon players connected online, making trades and battles with random players, as well as friends, as easy as one tap of the touch screen. For reasons that we cannot fathom, it is gone now, replaced instead by the perplexing Festival Plaza. This means that the persistent online connectivity of X/Y, which made them seem such social games, and which made battling and trading with others so easy, is now replaced by the need to launch the Player Plaza, wrestle with its obtuse menus and UI, go online, try to figure out how to find your friends (or randoms), and then engage with them. It’s a dramatic step back, and we cannot understand why Game Freak would do such a thing

    I mean, we have the GTS, but seriously Pokémon ?
    I only things I hate about the Festival Plaza are the lack access in the PC and updating your Guest List over and over to find a friend. Other than that, it's really fun to hang out in the Plaza. At least I don't have to wait a long time to save due to Game Sync.

  2. #8527
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    5

    Default Battle Royals

    I'm not sure if I'm alone in this but, something that bothers me is that there is no variation on the battle royal battle style. I wish it didn't end when all of someone's Pokemon got knocked out, or at least there was a variant in which that was the case. I mean it is super interesting metagame wise, against other players, but it just feels like a missed opportunity that there were no variations.

  3. #8528
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickChaos View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm alone in this but, something that bothers me is that there is no variation on the battle royal battle style. I wish it didn't end when all of someone's Pokemon got knocked out, or at least there was a variant in which that was the case. I mean it is super interesting metagame wise, against other players, but it just feels like a missed opportunity that there were no variations.
    It's probably made that way so that no one has to wait on everybody else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

  4. #8529
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Probably been mentioned a ton at this point, but the lack of an in-game destiny knot kinda bugged me. I'm fine with getting battle points, but it would have been nice to start breeding things right away. Lack of buying Johto balls or the 4th gen evolution stones also is quite bothersome. I kinda understand why the stones were rare in the gen 4 games, but at this point, we should be able to buy them like any other stone. Granted, the cave in Pelago makes it somewhat easy, but it still is up to chance. Still can't really wrap my head around the Johto balls though. I understand that they're there to kinda show of Johto's influence on the cities, but then why is there not an importer? It could even be a once a week thing were a guy shows up and you can buy them. Only giving us one of each is kinda lame.
    Let me feel you, carry you higher
    Watch our words spread hope like
    fire
    Secret crowds rise up and gather
    Hear your voices sing back louder

  5. #8530
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Excellent Tower
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Venusaur View Post
    Probably been mentioned a ton at this point, but the lack of an in-game destiny knot kinda bugged me. I'm fine with getting battle points, but it would have been nice to start breeding things right away. Lack of buying Johto balls or the 4th gen evolution stones also is quite bothersome. I kinda understand why the stones were rare in the gen 4 games, but at this point, we should be able to buy them like any other stone. Granted, the cave in Pelago makes it somewhat easy, but it still is up to chance. Still can't really wrap my head around the Johto balls though. I understand that they're there to kinda show of Johto's influence on the cities, but then why is there not an importer? It could even be a once a week thing were a guy shows up and you can buy them. Only giving us one of each is kinda lame.
    I get Game Freak want to maintain the lore of the Johto balls being special hand-crafted Poke Balls but not having a means to get more of them (albeit with a limited number available per day/week to enforce their special value) is very annoying. It makes me reluctant to actually use them out of fear if the Pokémon breaks out, you lost the only Johto ball in your save file.

    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

  6. #8531
    xerxes's Avatar
    xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    sadistic.music∞factory.
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Venusaur View Post
    Probably been mentioned a ton at this point, but the lack of an in-game destiny knot kinda bugged me. I'm fine with getting battle points, but it would have been nice to start breeding things right away.
    You can try your luck with Pick Up. The odds are low but it's something if you don't want to wait until the end game to get a Destiny Knot.

    I kinda feel bad for all the people looking for a Destiny Knot. I had an Alolan Meowth on my team for a while and it picked it up at some point before evolving. I didn't even notice when I got it, I just saw that I had it in my bag already and thought I got it from an NPC...
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


    latest shiny


    DexNav @ 252 encounters

    16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]


    current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

  7. #8532
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Venusaur View Post
    Probably been mentioned a ton at this point, but the lack of an in-game destiny knot kinda bugged me. I'm fine with getting battle points, but it would have been nice to start breeding things right away. Lack of buying Johto balls or the 4th gen evolution stones also is quite bothersome. I kinda understand why the stones were rare in the gen 4 games, but at this point, we should be able to buy them like any other stone. Granted, the cave in Pelago makes it somewhat easy, but it still is up to chance. Still can't really wrap my head around the Johto balls though. I understand that they're there to kinda show of Johto's influence on the cities, but then why is there not an importer? It could even be a once a week thing were a guy shows up and you can buy them. Only giving us one of each is kinda lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    You can try your luck with Pick Up. The odds are low but it's something if you don't want to wait until the end game to get a Destiny Knot.

    I kinda feel bad for all the people looking for a Destiny Knot. I had an Alolan Meowth on my team for a while and it picked it up at some point before evolving. I didn't even notice when I got it, I just saw that I had it in my bag already and thought I got it from an NPC...
    I tried the Pickup method by having an army of Lillipups in my team but no luck (I have plenty of Prism Scales though). It forced me to challenge the Battle Tree with Tapus, Ultra Beasts, and viable items I have (ex. Metronome Xurkitree, which I still use until now). I won the Single Battle challenge and I have the exact amount as the cost of the Destiny Knot.

  8. #8533
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    I get Game Freak want to maintain the lore of the Johto balls being special hand-crafted Poke Balls but not having a means to get more of them (albeit with a limited number available per day/week to enforce their special value) is very annoying. It makes me reluctant to actually use them out of fear if the Pokémon breaks out, you lost the only Johto ball in your save file.
    For sure, I don't think I'll be using them any time soon.

    As for the destiny knot, I've already gotten one from battle points, just was a shame they didn't give it to you based on how breeder friendly they made XYORAS
    Let me feel you, carry you higher
    Watch our words spread hope like
    fire
    Secret crowds rise up and gather
    Hear your voices sing back louder

  9. #8534
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Necropolis
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    I get Game Freak want to maintain the lore of the Johto balls being special hand-crafted Poke Balls but not having a means to get more of them (albeit with a limited number available per day/week to enforce their special value) is very annoying. It makes me reluctant to actually use them out of fear if the Pokémon breaks out, you lost the only Johto ball in your save file.
    The Festival Plaza was the perfect way to give out multiple of the Johto Balls so the fact they didn't do it is a huge disappointment. I'd love to be able to get multiple of them as there are so many Pokemon I want to use them on but I don't out of fear of wasting them. I did use my Level Ball on a Cutiefly though which I sort of regret but it was the only thing I could think of catching in that Ball at the time.

    I've just resorted to getting them off the GTS instead even though a lot of them go for horrendous offers. At least we can see what PokeBall everything is in now so we know what we're trading for.

  10. #8535
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Not programming shinies for Castform's other three forms. Not giving Castform a Sandstorm form. Castform having terrible stats
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  11. #8536
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    Wonder trading and getting Yungoos/gumshoos with Trump related nicknames...

  12. #8537
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Wonder trading and getting Yungoos/gumshoos with Trump related nicknames...
    It's really hard to avoid the temptation of giving Yungoos/Gumshoos a nickname that's about Donald Trump. That meme has spread like wildfire in a gasoline factory
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  13. #8538
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    118

    Default

    People joining missions in Festival Plaza and contributing absolutely nothing in the 2-2.5 minutes that remain when they join. I'm not doing these missions to give people 30 free FC, and I seriously doubt it's that hard to know basic type matchups.
    Guzzlord has stolen my heart. Or eaten it. I'm not sure.
    Most recent hunted shiny: (SS, 5797 SRs)


    Current hunt: SS, Route 32

    5429-7363-5942

  14. #8539
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo Nacyl View Post
    People joining missions in Festival Plaza and contributing absolutely nothing in the 2-2.5 minutes that remain when they join. I'm not doing these missions to give people 30 free FC, and I seriously doubt it's that hard to know basic type matchups.
    I don't think they get anything if they don't contribute, but still, I get why its annoying as they are preventing you from getting extra FC
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

    Nintendo I.D.: Jesse.S.H.

  15. #8540
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    This is more just a personal thing, but I would've really enjoyed if two more types were introduced in Gen 7. Why? Because we currently have 18 types. If Sun/Moon had introduced two more, we'd have 20 by the 20th anniversary.

    Ah, me and my perfectionism...

  16. #8541
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    It does annoy me slightly they took away rematches in sun and moon. It makes the post-game feel even shorter.

  17. #8542
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    It's really hard to avoid the temptation of giving Yungoos/Gumshoos a nickname that's about Donald Trump. That meme has spread like wildfire in a gasoline factory
    I never nicknamed those two. I prefer my names to be original, witty, or some sort of word play that makes sense such as Nefera the Cofagrigus. Nefera is a character in the Monster High franchise and is one of the daughters of Ramses and now a Mummy. Callie Marie is my Malamar. So I generally stay away names that are common for the most part.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  18. #8543
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coming back home...
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Kind of a minor thing for me, but Guzzlord's abysmal Defense stats.

    I like most everything else about it, but I always feel a little scared to bring it into a Battle when Fighting/Ice/Fairy/Dragon are common. lol.
    irreplaceable friends!
    Kek

  19. #8544
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post
    I don't think they get anything if they don't contribute, but still, I get why its annoying as they are preventing you from getting extra FC
    When they join in one with enough activity to get any of the total score stars, they do get those. That's why it annoys me.
    Guzzlord has stolen my heart. Or eaten it. I'm not sure.
    Most recent hunted shiny: (SS, 5797 SRs)


    Current hunt: SS, Route 32

    5429-7363-5942

  20. #8545
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    It does annoy me slightly they took away rematches in sun and moon. It makes the post-game feel even shorter.
    They didn't really take them away, most characters can be rematched, just done differently, and frankly more realistic.

  21. #8546
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Necropolis
    Posts
    896

    Default

    SOS chaining Drampa. It almost never calls for help and when it does almost nothing ever appears. I only made it to a chain of 3 last time before the Drampa struggled and fainted. I only want a HA one, it should not be this frustrating.

  22. #8547
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Whoa. Where was I? I didn't even realize that people replied to me here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Some people take things to seriously, but if there was a cash prize attached, I would take it seriously.

    I don't think it's quite as arduous as Smash Bros, as training yourself requires you to adapt your playstyle, and therefore, how you play your character(s).

    I used to be anti-Smogon, but now, I will casually look on their site and maybe even take something from them.
    As I said, I don't hate competitive gaming itself. I find it hilarious when people get so mad that they destroy their equipment, and then after the fact realize what they did and panic about it, while other players are there laughing at how ridiculous they look on stream or on camera. I watched a compilation of competitive gamers getting mad recently, and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on youtube.

    But concerning the first part of what you said here, the thing is there are hardcore gamers and then there are gamers that take it way too far, going so far as to destroy their stuff, destroy other people's stuff, and even in many cases taking it even further and endangering people's lives through doxxing and Swatting. Someone in Germany just recently got sentenced to three years in prison because of multiple Swatting incidents and stealing identity information from people to spite them for beating him (personally, I think he should've gotten at least 5, but I'm glad to see that they're starting to crack down on this). Besides the fact that I don't think it's worth time in prison to get prize money, I don't think it's worth risking my safety (or my stuff) to participate in those tournaments when someone could lose their mind and do that to me, over what is essentially a TOY (yeah, sorry but at the end of the day video games are still toys).
    Last edited by SBaby; 24th January 2017 at 12:09 AM.
    Rules of fansites:
    1 - You can either be right, or you can be happy.
    3 - If you think someone is lying about being an expert, they are.
    5 - If you think someone is lying about knowing people who work in the industry, they are.
    14 - All sources are one-sided.
    27 - There's no such thing as an honest politician.

  23. #8548
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    But concerning the first part of what you said here, the thing is there are hardcore gamers and then there are gamers that take it way too far, going so far as to destroy their stuff, destroy other people's stuff, and even in many cases taking it even further and endangering people's lives through doxxing and Swatting. Someone in Germany just recently got sentenced to three years in prison because of multiple Swatting incidents and stealing identity information from people to spite them for beating him (personally, I think he should've gotten at least 5, but I'm glad to see that they're starting to crack down on this). Besides the fact that I don't think it's worth time in prison to get prize money, I don't think it's worth risking my safety (or my stuff) to participate in those tournaments when someone could lose their mind and do that to me, over what is essentially a TOY (yeah, sorry but at the end of the day video games are still toys).
    I never implied that I condone such activities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

  24. #8549
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    They didn't really take them away, most characters can be rematched, just done differently, and frankly more realistic.
    Can't say i agree. In ORAS you can rematch most of the foes you have fought using the vs seeker at there's multiple trainers you can rematch. They clearly don't give you that ability which i've always found to be the more fun way to level up rather than just random pokemon.

  25. #8550
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Can't say i agree. In ORAS you can rematch most of the foes you have fought using the vs seeker at there's multiple trainers you can rematch. They clearly don't give you that ability which i've always found to be the more fun way to level up rather than just random pokemon.
    I was referring to unique NPCs.
    Nevertheless, ORAS only had it because R/S/E had it. They got rid of rebattling clone NPCs starting with Gen 5, only giving you few places for rebattling.

Page 342 of 352 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •