Page 107 of 174 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4326

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

Quote Originally Posted by Absol-utely Epic View Post
    My pet peeve is when someone spams Double Team over and over again. Ugh.
    You'll love Smogon rules then. Evasion clause is a wonderful thing.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    whenever I want to battle someone by passerby they always use legendaries when I really want to battle someone over smogon rules.
    Omg, I feel your pain. Too many legendary usuers. I happily was able to defeat one of them, but that's it. I really think GF should have a ban on legendary Pokemon in battles.
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    Omg, I feel your pain. Too many legendary usuers. I happily was able to defeat one of them, but that's it. I really think GF should have a ban on legendary Pokemon in battles.
    There are flat fules
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    Personally I think it's alright to have one Reshiram or Mewtwo on a team.

But anything more than one powerful legendary is unfair for the opponent.

I wouldn't call people who have a team full of legendary Pokémon cheaters though. They are annoying, sure. But cheater is not the word I'd use to describe them.

People who constantly use double team on the other hand, are cheaters. Because unless you have a move that never misses, or a Machamp, you can almost never hit an opponent using double team.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post
    There are flat fules
    Not all legends are banned under the flat rules. Only the ones Game Freak considers as "special Pokémon" (i.e. Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and most likely Diancie) are banned under the flat rules. Legendaries like Zapdos, Latios, and Terrakion, however, are allowed under the flat rules.

Speaking of legendaries, I really hate it when people feel there needs to be a blanket ban on all legendaries, including the likes of the Legendary Birds, Beasts, Golems, etc., but they have no problem with stronger Pokémon like Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Mega Pinsir running around. I feel if you're going to blanket ban all legendaries, then you should also ban everything that's stronger than the weakest legendary.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

I used to RAGE when I saw full teams of legendaries or things like Mega Blaziken/Lucario/Kang combo'd with every in-game legendary. However, if you'll notice, they're generally more unskilled players. Their natures and IV's are presumably terrible, and their EV spreads probably resemble a pancake on the little Super Training chart. It's not as bothersome to be anymore, because these players are pretty easy to beat if you ask me.

I made a thread about this yesterday, but it got moved and I'm still relatively new to these forums (or any forums, for that matter) and I have no idea how that works, so I'll mention it again here. LOL
    With PokeGenning running rampant, I really don't like seeing teams of 36853763849579 hacked shinies. I love players who shiny hunt, and I really respect their patience and dedication because that's how they enjoy the game. Genning and Power Saving is decreasing the value of shinies (at least to me), and it's disappointing. :/
    youtube.com/rooftoprevelations

This is more or less a very minor annoyance, and may or may not be significant enough to put in this thread, but it's really common and has made its way onto some official Pokemon merch: when people spell Ninetales as Ninetails. Game Freak doesn't make Pokemon names so...blatant. It just gets on my nerves.

I've claimed Shadow the Hedgehog!

Alpha Sapphire shall be mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Iblis Trigger View Post
    This is more or less a very minor annoyance, and may or may not be significant enough to put in this thread, but it's really common and has made its way onto some official Pokemon merch: when people spell Ninetales as Ninetails. Game Freak doesn't make Pokemon names so...blatant. It just gets on my nerves.
    You know.. Now that I think about it, I'm almost positive I've always spelled it correctly but now I'm not sure LOL.

ANOTHER THING: This isn't a huge deal, but I get slightly annoyed when people nickname their pokes something really stupid and obvious, i.e. 'bird' (talonflame), 'frog' (greninja), 'washington' (rotom-w), etc. UGH. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GTFO
    youtube.com/rooftoprevelations

Quote Originally Posted by irv View Post
    ANOTHER THING: This isn't a huge deal, but I get slightly annoyed when people nickname their pokes something really stupid and obvious, i.e. 'bird' (talonflame), 'frog' (greninja), 'washington' (rotom-w), etc. UGH. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GTFO
    Imma do this on Showdown just to spite people. "Washington" is a great nickname for Rotom-Wash.

To the above complaining about math: It's called "elementary" algebra because it's the foundation for the way more complicated math operations that you have to perform later on if you're going into any scientific field. Also, just because you think it's pointless doesn't mean it's not important in the real world. It's very important for certain fields; trust me.

Personally, I hate it when people just brush off scientific facts as if they're not important. Sure, you might not be using those facts for practical purposes, but it's still nice to know how the things around you function.

And another thing: Who Wants To Be a Millionaire contestants. I hate their decision-making. Even if you're really confident in one answer, you should NEVER rule out the possibility that it might be one of the other three choices. For example, there was a question involving that story about Bill Gates modifying the high school class rosters so that it placed him in classes with more [A. idk B. girls C. nerds D. idk].

The answer was B (it's a hilarious story), but the contestant was SO SURE that it was C and didn't even consider the fact that Gates was probably like nearly every other teenage guy -- out for the girls.

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

HM-moves can only be removed via the Move Deleter. Why? Most of them are not that great in battle. And normal TMs are infinite nowadays so they are basicly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterClink View Post
    HM-moves can only be removed via the Move Deleter. Why? Most of them are not that great in battle. And normal TMs are infinite nowadays so they are basicly the same.
    It'll be extremely easy to get stuck. Let's say you're Surfing and then you make your pokemon forget Surf. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterClink View Post
    This does bug me, but I think I know the reason why. They don't want to get stuck while traveling, and have to restart the game or reteach the move. For example, your on a tiny island and you teach your surfing Pokemon a different move, you would be stuck there unless you re taught Surf. It's to prevent inconvenience in the long run.
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

I still think hatchet and raft should be an item in the Pokémon games. That'd be so handy.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

When it's just not your game.

I just versed this guy who was giving me a good match, until he pulled out a mega lucario, I respond with a t-wave and get the paralyze, it made no difference, this guy just spammed extreme speed, he swept half my team, i couldn't use the best pokes to verse him cos he had priority talonflame. not once did he get a parahax, ruined my game, add on to that the number of crit hits he got and I stood no chance

For Trade (IV bred)
    FroakieGoomyFerroseedSquirtleCharmander
    TorchicEevee

FC : 4742-6515-3239 IGN: None of yo bizniz

Right now, I wish breeding could be more streamlined and automatic. I mean, I get that they can't just let your game turn into an egg factory when you sleep at night. But usually, when I breed Pokemon, I'm watching a show I need to catch up on. But right now, I wish I was reading a book. Can't really do that when I need to ride this damnable bike back forth by that river.

RQers. I completely outplayed a dude today with banded tflame and scarfed ditto, when his last mon was standing Blissey at 10% hp vs tflame...he just Disconects...gotta admit he did a good job keeping his swellow alive... but man why would people RQ like that.
    To preserve some illusion of skill based on the number Link Battle wins I suppose. As if the rest of us go around skimming Wifi profiles, inspecting Link Battle wins or something...
    Last edited by Ketaru; 8th April 2014 at 4:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer121 View Post
    Imma do this on Showdown just to spite people. "Washington" is a great nickname for Rotom-Wash.

To the above complaining about math: It's called "elementary" algebra because it's the foundation for the way more complicated math operations that you have to perform later on if you're going into any scientific field. Also, just because you think it's pointless doesn't mean it's not important in the real world. It's very important for certain fields; trust me.

Personally, I hate it when people just brush off scientific facts as if they're not important. Sure, you might not be using those facts for practical purposes, but it's still nice to know how the things around you function.

And another thing: Who Wants To Be a Millionaire contestants. I hate their decision-making. Even if you're really confident in one answer, you should NEVER rule out the possibility that it might be one of the other three choices. For example, there was a question involving that story about Bill Gates modifying the high school class rosters so that it placed him in classes with more [A. idk B. girls C. nerds D. idk].

The answer was B (it's a hilarious story), but the contestant was SO SURE that it was C and didn't even consider the fact that Gates was probably like nearly every other teenage guy -- out for the girls.
    Problem with it is that I'm not going into those fields. I'm going into art. I'm sorry but teaching math beyond the basics, especially at the high school level is totally useless, and there have been studies done to prove this. Unless you are going into a field where you do need that, like architecture or something then it's pointless to you. I'm not going to sit in the grocery store and try to write up long division. We have calculators that can do this for us. I'm 99% certain that almost every smart phone comes with some sort of basic calculator that even has a conversion chart.

I'm not saying to stop teaching math entirely because yes there is some you need, like I said the basics. Area, some statistics, how to balance your bank account and keep track of your earnings versus money spent, that's important. But that's not what they teach us. They teach us formula upon formula that you're expected to memorize and for what? To say you did it? I did it in high school, barely squeaked by because i'm really bad at numbers and have no interest in it because i'm not doing anything that requires math. Sent my GPA to the crapper. You can call me stupid but math just wasn't my strongest subject. I excel in everything else but that math is what's preventing me from getting my college degree. The math class that i've failed twice [cause unlike high school you can't squeeze by with a D.] Thank the lord I actually found out I can take a consumer/life math class that's much easier and actually teaches me things i'm going to need to know for basic life. But if I didn't have that option I probably would have eventually given up. I just can't do it, and it's disheartening. It makes me feel like i'm an idiot when i'm really not. Numbers just don't sit well with me. I have a very hard time memorizing things and my brain just doesn't work that way.

I don't know if it was the way the teachers taught the class or just me being inept but either way i've tried my fair share. I looked at tools online, I went to math lab's, and every time I think I understand it I do the problem and it ends up wrong. You can only take so much of that until you get fed up. They shouldn't be teaching us stuff like that, they should be teaching us stuff that were going to really need in our lives and drilling it into our heads and leave the more complex math for college when you know what field you're going into. And such is the problem with public school systems where they don't take into account the fact that each child is different and learns differently, or has different goals in life.

I however agree that Washington for a Rotom-w is a great name and I wish I would have been genius enough to come up with that.

Also I remember that episode of millionaire. Everyone in the house guessed girls and we all laughed about it in the end. Good times. I've never actually looked up the story for it though. I should do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Right now, I wish breeding could be more streamlined and automatic. I mean, I get that they can't just let your game turn into an egg factory when you sleep at night. But usually, when I breed Pokemon, I'm watching a show I need to catch up on. But right now, I wish I was reading a book. Can't really do that when I need to ride this damnable bike back forth by that river.
    Well what you can do is wait till you have 6 egg's, head to Lumiose City and go to the center then ride your bike around the middle and either tape your circle pad to the side or slip a coin under it to hold it in place to keep you moving right or left. That way you don't even have to touch the game until something hatches.
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 8th April 2014 at 4:19 AM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

One thing that grinds my gears is apparently thinking that Generation I is the best generation makes someone a bad Pokémon fan.

I'm so sick of hearing how bad "genwunners" are. Do these people even exist?

I have watched many videos on YouTube and read many posts here on the Serebii.net forums. And I have heard more people complain about these people than actually seeing these people.

I have never, not once, encountered a so-called genwunner.

Some people are fans of the first generation and not the other generations of Pokémon. Get over it.
    I don't know about being called a "bad Pokemon fan". But it is a bit of a kneejerk reaction to immediately dismiss such a person as being old fashion and out of touch.

Still, it's one thing to say Generation I Pokemon had the best designs (which I don't think is too far from the truth, actually) and another thing entirely to be one of those folks who just can't seem to let go of the fact that there is a Pokemon shaped like an iced cream cone or a vacuum cleaner. Then they cover their ears in denial when you point out there was a Pokemon shaped like a Pokeball and a Pokemon shaped like an upside-down Pokeball in Generation I. I also recall a certain Pokemon that was little more than a pile of goop with a face.

This might have been mentioned but one thing that really grinded my gears in Generation 1 with Red, Blue, and Yellow. When your catching a Pokemon you want and it took you forever to find this rare thing, the game tells you you can't catch it because your box is full. So you can't catch it. I can't begin to scream how frustrating that was for me. I always had to check my box to make sure I had empty spaces for Pokemon capture. I'm so glad they fixed in in future generations and just automatically switch to other PC boxes for you. But back in the day that would really grind my gears. Took me forever to find a Cubone in Lavender Town's tower and you mean to tell me my box is full so I can't get one? A true gear grinder!
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

What really grinds my gears is the fact that that ''shabby ice cream cone Pokemon'' which always gets in consideration is actually one of my favourite Ice type Pokemon.

Life is like unto a long journey with a heavy burden.
    (Tokugawa Ieyasu)

MBTI personality type: ISFP

You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    This might have been mentioned but one thing that really grinded my gears in Generation 1 with Red, Blue, and Yellow. When your catching a Pokemon you want and it took you forever to find this rare thing, the game tells you you can't catch it because your box is full. So you can't catch it. I can't begin to scream how frustrating that was for me. I always had to check my box to make sure I had empty spaces for Pokemon capture. I'm so glad they fixed in in future generations and just automatically switch to other PC boxes for you. But back in the day that would really grind my gears. Took me forever to find a Cubone in Lavender Town's tower and you mean to tell me my box is full so I can't get one? A true gear grinder!
    I believe we have a winner here, what you described was really the most unnerving, annoying thing that ever happened to me in a pokemon game..I'm quite ashamed to say it didn't happen only once...
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it happened even with the Pokemon caught in the safari zone, right?
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Silvijo View Post
    What really grinds my gears is the fact that that ''shabby ice cream cone Pokemon'' which always gets in consideration is actually one of my favourite Ice type Pokemon.
    You are amazing. Mind if I sig this? Whilst I personally don't really have much of an opinion on the Vanillish line, their overhatedness is bordering Hated Beyond PH and ST territory.

No matter how great the distance is between us… Even if we never meet again… Our hearts will always be together.
    I will always be with you even in spirit. Forever and ever.

Alright, it's time to talk about something that really grinds my gears. And that's Lance, I hate that guy with a passion in fact I'll make a video about him going into full detail later.

Anyway, my main reasons for hating him are the following:

1. He is a cheater. (3 underleveled Dragonite in GSC, and his Dragonite in RB knows barrier, which is not only an illegal move it also makes no sense it'd be able to learn it.
    2. He is a fraud.
    3. He is not a true dragon master, the only dragon-type has has is Dragonite. The rest of them (Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl) aren't dragon-types.

Yeah, I think he's overrated and doesn't deserve all the praise he's gotten. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Alright, it's time to talk about something that really grinds my gears. And that's Lance, I hate that guy with a passion in fact I'll make a video about him going into full detail later.

Anyway, my main reasons for hating him are the following:

1. He is a cheater. (3 underleveled Dragonite in GSC, and his Dragonite in RB knows barrier, which is not only an illegal move it also makes no sense it'd be able to learn it.
    2. He is a fraud.
    3. He is not a true dragon master, the only dragon-type has has is Dragonite. The rest of them (Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl) aren't dragon-types.

Yeah, I think he's overrated and doesn't deserve all the praise he's gotten. That's just my opinion.
    Come to think of it, this does annoy me a bit too, especially in generation 2.

I don't even know why they call him the dragon master when every single Pokémon in his generation 2 team (excluding HG/SS rematch) are all Flying types. They might as well have called him the Flying type Pokémon master instead.

Generation 1 Agatha bothers me for the same reason, she should be called the Poison type master instead of Ghost (Again, excluding FR/LG rematch).

being unable to log into the pokemon global link. I even tried resetting my password and username but it said I have "multiple accounts" with my e-mail address... just what the hell?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

It grinds my gears with all the hate against the Fairy type. I mean I know it may make one type too many, but when it comes down to it, it's really not a weak type. It's good in battle, has pretty decent stats, and it gave another type value to a lot of plain Normal Pokémon to really expand their movepools. I mean heck, it also gave a foil to Dragon types!
    I don't know, I like it. c:

Page 107 of 174 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast