Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I think the biggest thing of all time that grinds my gears like nobody's business...

...is the immediate hatred new gens and their Pokemon get because they're new.

Now, I'm not talking about people who legitimately dislike or even hate certain gens. And by "legitimately", I mean they saw the games, looked up some info on them, maybe even played them, and decided they didn't like them. They actually gave the thing a chance, even if only a small one, before they came to a decision.

I'm talking about the people who hear about a new game coming out and say: "Gen ___? Ugh, why are they making more Pokemon games? Anything after *insert region here* sucks. Original *however many Pokemon they consider to be good* forever!"

I will mention, I don't usually run into this type of fan on Serebii. I tend to see these people on facebook and it makes me want to tear my hair out. At least give the thing a chance before you tell me straight up that whatever group of Pokemon you like is far better than the new stuff that's coming out.
    Oh man, I so understand where you're coming from. Most of that though is just nostalgia clouding their judgement and afraid of change. Those types of "fans" really grind my gears because in a sense if they had their
    way there would be no type of progression what-so-ever. To me there is nothing wrong with the newer gen of pokemon coming out. In fact I say it is getting better imo, can't wait to get my hands on X and Y!

Discovering that Emboar was also fighting grinds my gears.

gotta agree with the thread starter. Legit pokemon. But aside from that. My personal choice is that RNG has saturated the game. Like whole teams. lol at any rate......that is what grinds my gears. Good day!!!
    Trapped in my mind...

Yeah, hacking traders. I've run into a few, but not passed the hacks on.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    When a battle goes like this:
    oppenent's Pokemon uses any move that causes confusion
    My Pokemon is confused
    My Turn
    Pokemon is confused
    Pokemon hits itself in confusion
    It repeats till my Pokemon Knocks itself out

Goal Roll in HG/SS HOW CAN ANYBODY DO IT!

Genwhiners
    I can do Goal Roll, it's pretty easy. I have gotten11 points in it once.

Best. Post. EVER.
    Thank lol

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Well here are some of them for me
    ALWAYS GETTING CONFUSED!
    ALWAYS GETTING HIT BY A CRITICAL HIT THEN NOT GETTING ONE
    GETTING A CRITICAL HIT WHILE BATTLING A TRAINER IN A GYM WHEN YOU DIDNT NEED ONE AND WHEN YOU GO TO THE GYM LEADER, there was no critical hit when you needed one
    Changing my team just for my Hm slaves so I can't train my WHOLE team only about 5 of them, and the only way to do the thing I need to do is with, HM SLAVES, Ugh plus its annoying SWITCHING ALL THE TIME.

You know what grinds my gears? NPCs that use Protect. They are not accomplishing any form of stall other than postponing their doom. It is just PP draining, and is annoying. Also, wild pokemon with all Sleep+Stun+Poison powder that won't let you get away. Seriously.

What Grinds MY Gears?

Prankster and Sleep Inducing Moves.

Also when people online use Sleep Inducing moves on EVERY pokemon you send out ;-;
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

I really hate it when the Repels' effects wear off in Gen IV, that and the fact that Gen IV is very sluggish, so that exacerbates the annoyance.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I think the biggest thing of all time that grinds my gears like nobody's business...

...is the immediate hatred new gens and their Pokemon get because they're new.

Now, I'm not talking about people who legitimately dislike or even hate certain gens. And by "legitimately", I mean they saw the games, looked up some info on them, maybe even played them, and decided they didn't like them. They actually gave the thing a chance, even if only a small one, before they came to a decision.

I'm talking about the people who hear about a new game coming out and say: "Gen ___? Ugh, why are they making more Pokemon games? Anything after *insert region here* sucks. Original *however many Pokemon they consider to be good* forever!"

I will mention, I don't usually run into this type of fan on Serebii. I tend to see these people on facebook and it makes me want to tear my hair out. At least give the thing a chance before you tell me straight up that whatever group of Pokemon you like is far better than the new stuff that's coming out.
    oh lordy, I agree with you so much on that one. Just blatantly hating for no good reason.

But what really grinds my gears. hmmmm atm, probably getting as near-perfectly IV'ed pokemon and all the IV's are decent except for the one that matters the most to the pokemon itself. (I don't do that RNG stuff, way too time consuming right now).

That and the absurd luck the AI has when it comes to status effects. I don't appreciate being paralyzed, healing it off only to be paralyzed again.
    Shinies:

4/13/2013 (White 2)
    5/23/2014 (X)

Friend Safari: Electric

Friend Code: 5301-0406-9359
    PM me first!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I really hate it when the Repels' effects wear off in Gen IV, that and the fact that Gen IV is very sluggish, so that exacerbates the annoyance.
    I'm gonna assume you're not playing Platinum...

Extremely low leveled wild Pokemon; meaning tons of grinding (yeah, I'm looking at you G/S/HG/SS).

The Sturdy ability.
    I still remember that guy in Seaside Cave with four Roggenrola and one day I'll unleash my rage on him with a Mold Breaker Haxorus. Oh yes I will.

^ yes! Sturdy is annoying espally when on the next turn they use a healing move.

What grinds my gears is that they gave Carracosta 3 possible abilities, and Archeops got 1, which has no benefit whatsoever.

People calling Arceus the "God of All Pokémon" grinds my gears to the point of sparking.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    What grinds my gears is that they gave Carracosta 3 possible abilities, and Archeops got 1, which has no benefit whatsoever.
    Well of course they did that. Archeops has much higher stats than Carracosta. It makes you think about your choice; do you want a glass cannon or something more versatile and defensive?

You wanna know what grinds my gears? When you can't find the droids your lookin for. But no really enough Family Guy
    Crits when you don't need them.
    Confusion as a whole
    Vanniluxe
    The fact that you can't visit older generations in the newer games.
    The fact that NPC's have the version exclusives (Trainer has a Solosis in Black)
    GTS always has people that ONLY want legends under Level 9.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

What really grinds my gears is that Japan gets all the good events! Is anyone else mad that they are getting a shiny level 100 genesect comingup in july with awesome moves like extremespeed and a choice scarf?
    3DS FC: 1993 8181 3228
    White FC: 0518 7399 3685
    ~Accepting challenges for the sky high gym badge at my flying gym in pokegyms competive pokemon league~

CURRENT WANTS: adamant dw tyrouge and haban berry

HA pokemon up for trade:
    Vivillion patterns up for trade: modern, continental, meadow, polar, elegant, sun, and high plains.

Pokegyms earned badges:
    1. Soak Badge
    2. Wyvern Badge
    3. Normal Badge
    4. Hard body Badge
    5. Venom Badge
    6. Fighting Badge
    7. Inferno Badge
    8. Deep dark Badge

My friend safari: rock (Nosepass, Magcargo, and Shuckle)

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    The fact that NPC's have the version exclusives (Trainer has a Solosis in Black)
    They're doing you a favor by doing that. If an NPC has a version exclusive that doesn't appear in your version, then it remains version exclusive, but can still be registered as "seen" in your Pokédex.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesf0164 View Post
    What really grinds my gears is that Japan gets all the good events! Is anyone else mad that they are getting a shiny level 100 genesect comingup in july with awesome moves like extremespeed and a choice scarf?
    How do you know that the Shiny Genesect won't be distributed elsewhere? I'm not mad about it because I assume that we'll get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Gear grind.

No, just kidding.

Ugh, I HATE the speculation on the new Fairy type. And, It would be even worse if it came true ;-; DONT WASTE A NEW TYPE ON FAIRY TYPE, NINTENDO!
    Oh God. Of all the things to dislike, this is low. Fans have been waiting for a new type for 10 years now to help mix things up. I'll take a Fairy over any other fan based creation, like Time or Cosmic-types. At least with Fairy, you get a smidgen of that Holy-type that we could have gotten if the game was marketed and produced by Square-Enix to the older crowds.

Don't begrudge us because it's been a decade since we got something really new to learn about for competitive battling. And from what it sounds like it's going to turn the current slump up-side down. You have to admit, even with Eviolite and a plethora of new abilities, BW(2) played almost exactly like PPtHGSS did.

Missing 3 Hypnosis' in a row and then getting hit by Sheer Cold. Ruined mah day. Also, cant handle Swagger.
    PM for offers.

Event Pokemon

They are the bane of my enjoyment of Pokemon. They annoy me more than all the other things related to Pokemon that annoy me, combined.

The events are hard enough to make it to most of the time. But once you go to one and get the Pokemon, you only have it until you start a new game. Then you lose it! What sense does THAT make? You go somewhere like New York for an Event Pokemon, only to lose it when you start a new game? It forces you to never start a new game on the cartridge you have the Pokemon on! If the battery dies, or your data is erased, guess what. You're SOL! What kind of deal is that? Best case scenario, you have the Pokemon and never start a new game again. Now you have to go out and buy a whole new copy of the game, just to be able to play through the storyline again!

Why can't they just put all the Pokemon on the two versions of each Gen that come out, or make it so when you get an Event Pokemon, it's hard coded into the game, so you can at least keep it when you start a new game?
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Event Pokemon

They are the bane of my enjoyment of Pokemon. They annoy me more than all the other things related to Pokemon that annoy me, combined.

The events are hard enough to make it to most of the time. But once you go to one and get the Pokemon, you only have it until you start a new game. Then you lose it! What sense does THAT make? You go somewhere like New York for an Event Pokemon, only to lose it when you start a new game? It forces you to never start a new game on the cartridge you have the Pokemon on! If the battery dies, or your data is erased, guess what. You're SOL! What kind of deal is that? Best case scenario, you have the Pokemon and never start a new game again. Now you have to go out and buy a whole new copy of the game, just to be able to play through the storyline again!

Why can't they just put all the Pokemon on the two versions of each Gen that come out, or make it so when you get an Event Pokemon, it's hard coded into the game, so you can at least keep it when you start a new game?
    You can just trade it to another game and then restart...

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

We never received the year of the dragon shiny's or the shiny hydreigon/Golurk in America....
    3DS FC: 1993 8181 3228
    White FC: 0518 7399 3685
    ~Accepting challenges for the sky high gym badge at my flying gym in pokegyms competive pokemon league~

CURRENT WANTS: adamant dw tyrouge and haban berry

HA pokemon up for trade:
    Vivillion patterns up for trade: modern, continental, meadow, polar, elegant, sun, and high plains.

Pokegyms earned badges:
    1. Soak Badge
    2. Wyvern Badge
    3. Normal Badge
    4. Hard body Badge
    5. Venom Badge
    6. Fighting Badge
    7. Inferno Badge
    8. Deep dark Badge

My friend safari: rock (Nosepass, Magcargo, and Shuckle)

Quote Originally Posted by cantavanda View Post
    Always replacing like 3 of your team members with hm idiots like surfers, flyers, and strenghters and rock smashers.
    And also, searching hours in the GTS but always finding that the people want legendaries under level 9...
    ^ This. This forever, my god. ^

Also I always want to punch something when my chain breaks in pokemon Diamond for seemingly NO REASON. Like, I'll be doing everything perfectly to a T and BAM, suddenly a Staravia or Kricketune in my face. Its really made me hate some of the more common pokemon in Sinnoh. > >;;
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    I'm gonna assume you're not playing Platinum...

Extremely low leveled wild Pokemon; meaning tons of grinding (yeah, I'm looking at you G/S/HG/SS).
    I do, actually, though Platinum and even HGSS is still sluggish for me compared to Gen III.

Another one that really annoys me: Swagger. Not only does it confuse your Pokémon, it also increases damage when your Pokémon hits itself...

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast