Page 242 of 347 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 8668

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    I'm talking about those with lack of experience in competitive Pokémon. They just think that Legendaries can beat any Pokémon and are unbeatable.
    They are mostly kids.

Training my Cradily and learning that Bullet Seed is not a tm anymore. And then checking its IV and realizing it has 0IV in defense. I mean wat, it was one of my favorite tm. ;_;
    ~I claimed Farfetch'd!~

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Roamer that once required beating the Elite Four? It's yours for free! No, you can't progress without getting it for free! Why be stingy? Take the Mega Stone too!
    Do I need to remind you that Synchronize has no effect on roaming Pokemon's nature?It is actually the reason many people dislike Roamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Synnett View Post
    They are mostly kids.
    There might be some adults, too, but I don't think they are involved much into Pokémon.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Synnett View Post
    They are mostly kids.
    Yeah kids think that using Legendaries will make all the difference in battles. That's how my brother acts.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    Do I need to remind you that Synchronize has no effect on roaming Pokemon's nature?It is actually the reason many people dislike Roamers.
    Gift Pokemon aren't affected by Synchronize either. The point is, as time passes, the games just become easier and easier. A roamer that's now given to you for free. You still have no control on its nature and IVs, but you don't have to catch it anymore. A formerly event only Pokemon is now an encounter Pokemon that you can catch whenever you want at a later date. An Exp All which required you to have caught 33% of all Pokemon (RGBY) is now a key item given to you, at 3x the effectiveness, before you face the 1st Gym, and there is no physical way to avoid getting that item.
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

I don't fear a 12 year old spamming Roar of Time and Technoblast lol.

Non trained legendaries are the most unthreatening things on the planet, especially when they're mixed with a -Atk or -Sp.Atk and their mixed move is awful for that Pokemon. But hey I've got years of experience in this game so maybe that's why.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    I don't fear a 12 year old spamming Roar of Time and Technoblast lol.

Non trained legendaries are the most unthreatening things on the planet, especially when they're mixed with a -Atk or -Sp.Atk and their mixed move is awful for that Pokemon. But hey I've got years of experience in this game so maybe that's why.
    I do actually don't fear little kids spam Hyper Beams and Giga Impacts, just like Roar of Time and Technoblast, but I just find it annoying that they only focus offensively, which I think doesn't make battles really intense, unpredictable and fun.

Banner created by me

The fact that some people still think that Hoopa U isn't broken, used one on wifi today, this guy destroys stall cores single handily.

In PS people where a bit prepared... But in wifi it was a complete masacre even against offense.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Party Hard

Looking for gen7 6iv Ditto and shameless about it, PM me if you can help.
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

i hate it wen the elite 4 always use full heals ect just as they are about to die or the move i use keep hitting them to red zone and this repeats 3 or 4 time

JUST GIVE UP ALREADY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    The fact that some people still think that Hoopa U isn't broken, used one on wifi today, this guy destroys stall cores single handily.

In PS people where a bit prepared... But in wifi it was a complete masacre even against offense.
    Hoppa Unbound is a interesting case...
    Absolutely cannot deal with balance while dominating stall.

I think of it as a slightly worse version of a hit and run Pokemon. Suspect worth? Maybe. "Broken?" I dunno about that.
    Yup:

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Gift Pokemon aren't affected by Synchronize either. [B]In OR/AS,Synchronize does affect a gift Pokemon's nature if it is the Undiscovered egg group./B]The point is, as time passes, the games just become easier and easier. A roamer that's now given to you for free. You still have no control on its nature and IVs, but you don't have to catch it anymore. A formerly event only Pokemon is now an encounter Pokemon that you can catch whenever you want at a later date.It actually makes obtaining it less annoying,not easier. An Exp All which required you to have caught 33% of all Pokemon (RGBY) is now a key item given to you, at 3x the effectiveness, before you face the 1st Gym, and there is no physical way to avoid getting that item.It isn't like someone forces you to use Exp.Share.
    Replies are in bold.

Unown doesn't just grind my gears, it turns them to dust. Where do I begin? We're led to believe this is a powerful, lore-heavy Pokemon from both the mystery around the Ruins of Alph, the third Pokemon movie, the fact it has a region all to itself...but instead of getting this awesome Pokemon, we get what is objectively the worst Pokemon of all time. And try to deny that "objectively worst" part! It has some of the worst stats of any Pokemon, an ability that just gives it an immunity to something it wasn't weak to, and literally has ONE move...a move that almost anybody can learn, and unless you do hardcore maths is basically random...and can still only do 70 damage. You can't even breed the thing to get the different patterns. The most you EVER get from this thing is stickers for your Pokeball

In short, there is a reason why this, above all else, is my most hated Pokemon of all time! Worse than Luvdisc! Worse than Spiky-Eared Pichu! Worse even than banana-flavored candy!
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Unown doesn't just grind my gears, it turns them to dust. Where do I begin? We're led to believe this is a powerful, lore-heavy Pokemon from both the mystery around the Ruins of Alph, the third Pokemon movie, the fact it has a region all to itself...but instead of getting this awesome Pokemon, we get what is objectively the worst Pokemon of all time. And try to deny that "objectively worst" part! It has some of the worst stats of any Pokemon, an ability that just gives it an immunity to something it wasn't weak to, and literally has ONE move...a move that almost anybody can learn, and unless you do hardcore maths is basically random...and can still only do 70 damage. You can't even breed the thing to get the different patterns. The most you EVER get from this thing is stickers for your Pokeball

In short, there is a reason why this, above all else, is my most hated Pokemon of all time! Worse than Luvdisc! Worse than Spiky-Eared Pichu! Worse even than banana-flavored candy!
    Hidden Power's base power was nerfed to 60 this gen. So it's actually even worse lol.
    Yup:

The moment when you're about to KO a Gym Leader's/Elite Four member's Pokémon and a Full Restore is used on it.

Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Hidden Power's base power was nerfed to 60 this gen. So it's actually even worse lol.
    There's a reason why Unown were absent for four years
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

How the computer's Pokemon multi-hit moves always get 5 hits or a critical hit in there somewhere.

Check out my Power Ranger FanFics:https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802430/
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    How the computer's Pokemon multi-hit moves always get 5 hits or a critical hit in there somewhere.
    Aargh... hax again. Whenever your Pokémon constantly take damage from confusion (status condition) and when your Pokémon's moves miss more than usual. Or when the CPU takes over the entire battle.

Banner created by me

Or when the CPU takes over the entire battle.
    This just happened to me in the Battle Maison (streak #17). If you want to see, enter this code in your VS.Recorder: VRMW-WWWW-WW2E-HQR8
    So much hax you will cry piano strings.
    ~I claimed Farfetch'd!~

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    There's a reason why Unown were absent for four years
    Nah the authors just forgot it existed.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Party Hard

Looking for gen7 6iv Ditto and shameless about it, PM me if you can help.
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Omg, that ticks me off so much. Every time I use multi-hit attacks they only hit a couple of times, yet the CPU always has amazing luck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Omg, that ticks me off so much. Every time I use multi-hit attacks they only hit a couple of times, yet the CPU always has amazing luck with them.
    To be fair, if you are using a multi hit attack on something other than a pokemon with Skill Link, you are doing something wrong.....but yeah it's annoying to have the CPU cheat all the time. This is why I stopped playing the Battle Maison after I got my 50 streak to be able to re-battle Wally.
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Or even when Sheer Cold hits your Pokemon more often than usual, without Mind Reader being used on the previous turn. That is true hax.

Banner created by me

Or even when Sheer Cold hits your Pokemon more often than usual, without Mind Reader being used on the previous turn. That is true hax.
    I've experienced this way more often than I should have. There's a Walrein set in the Battle Maison that starts to appear in higher streaks that has both Fissure and Sheer Cold as well as Rest and Sleep Talk. When I faced it its ability was Oblivious meaning I couldn't Toxic/Burn stall it by using Taunt to stop it resting. It KOd half of my team (3 of them as I was doing Triples) >_> The fact that Sleep Talk doesn't decrease the PP of the move it randomly picks didn't help me at all either.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    I've experienced this way more often than I should have. There's a Walrein set in the Battle Maison that starts to appear in higher streaks that has both Fissure and Sheer Cold as well as Rest and Sleep Talk. When I faced it its ability was Oblivious meaning I couldn't Toxic/Burn stall it by using Taunt to stop it resting. It KOd half of my team (3 of them as I was doing Triples) >_> The fact that Sleep Talk doesn't decrease the PP of the move it randomly picks didn't help me at all either.
    That is definitely a very horrible way to experience hax. As said before, the Battle Maison is full of hax so players don't get a high winning streak and is boring, which really annoys me. The Battle Maison is chance but in the Battle Factory, the chance is even more fun. I wished that the Battle Frontier appeared instead.

Banner created by me

This is probably me derping more than anything else, but when I was on Showdown the other day, I had a keldeo come out against my chansey. This keldeo was in ordinary form so I immediately thought "oh! I can live a focus blast!". Turns out I completely forgot that all kekdeos on showdown are in ordinary form and lost my chansey to a secret sword. Pretty pissed at myself for that.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Sun Team:

Page 242 of 347 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast