Page 339 of 354 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 8831

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

SOS Battles as a means of finding HA Pokemon. It is a dreadful alternative to both the XY Friend Safari and the DexNav from ORAS :/
    irreplaceable friends!
    Kek

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    SOS Battles as a means of finding HA Pokemon. It is a dreadful alternative to both the XY Friend Safari and the DexNav from ORAS :/
    I agree with you. Thankfully half the Pokedex seems DexNavable, so it's not like you're out of options
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

The fact that the Battle Royale demands I take Solgaleo off my party when I'm only going to be using 3 Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Ugh, Weather SOS battles are so aggravating. I didn't think it would be so tedious to wait out and get a Politoed.
    Yes, that's exactly the one I've been going for too. I spent several hours in a chain last night and had no luck at all--I have to go do something else for a while before I go insane lol.

TEAM 1 & TEAM 2
    Drawn by me
    I take requests! PM me!
    Favorite Type(s): Grass, Poison, Ghost, Dragon
    FC: 4613-9918-5354
    Name: Chelsea

I have claimed Drampa!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowlbasaur View Post
    Yes, that's exactly the one I've been going for too. I spent several hours in a chain last night and had no luck at all--I have to go do something else for a while before I go insane lol.
    I weather chained for a Castform outside the city that Skull took over. It appeared after two calls for help. It took longer to catch than it did for it to show up.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Castform. It has a great concept and ability, but it has terrible stats. The only thing more upsetting than bad-stat Pokemon are bad-stat Pokemon with wasted potential

I'm more annoyed that Castform never got a form for Sandstorm. Sure, it could be a better Pokemon, too, but even it's unique quality seems under-made.
    Guzzlord has stolen my heart. Or eaten it. I'm not sure.
    Most recent hunted shiny: (SS, 5797 SRs)

Current hunt: SS, Route 32

5429-7363-5942

Spoiler:- Sun and Moon spoilers:

Smogon in general and the over-regulation of the modern competitive scene. (this rant partially inspired by some people I saw deeming Freeze as "such an uncompetitive mechanic")

Like, I'm sorry, but as someone who's toyed with the idea of getting back into competitive play, it just seems so restrictive and it takes away so much of what made the games fun in the first place. Ban this, nerf that, restrict this, and on and on it goes. Tiers I understand and support, but I just get irritated by all the regulations upon regulations that constantly develop. As much as Gen IV was revolutionary for how the game is played, global wireless connectivity marked the point at which the competitive scene started tripping over itself and started declining in actual fun.

I will Baton Pass and Double Team and sleep and freeze and whatever else as much as I please, thank you, and if the Battle Tree has the AI to deal with that then I expect real humans to have the intelligence to do the same. Luck, chance, strategy - all have a place in the way the game is played.
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Quote Originally Posted by Sαpphire View Post
    Smogon in general and the over-regulation of the modern competitive scene. (this rant partially inspired by some people I saw deeming Freeze as "such an uncompetitive mechanic")

Like, I'm sorry, but as someone who's toyed with the idea of getting back into competitive play, it just seems so restrictive and it takes away so much of what made the games fun in the first place. Ban this, nerf that, restrict this, and on and on it goes. Tiers I understand and support, but I just get irritated by all the regulations upon regulations that constantly develop. As much as Gen IV was revolutionary for how the game is played, global wireless connectivity marked the point at which the competitive scene started tripping over itself and started declining in actual fun.

I will Baton Pass and Double Team and sleep and freeze and whatever else as much as I please, thank you, and if the Battle Tree has the AI to deal with that then I expect real humans to have the intelligence to do the same. Luck, chance, strategy - all have a place in the way the game is played.
    It's why I avoid the competitive side. Seems to take the fun out of it

When I finally made Politoed appear only to use Perish Song the next turn. What's worse is that it escapes every ball I throw at it. I caught it at the last turn and immediately traded it off to GTS in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sαpphire View Post

I will be honest. I don't know if competitive battling even annoys me that much anymore. I used to find it extremely annoying for a few reasons, but nowadays, I can't watch a competitive battle and keep a straight face. I always end up busting out laughing at some point, usually when someone loses on stream and they start wrecking their room. It's so funny.

That said, I will admit that the majority of the community is very elitist (though few of them will admit it; some will aggressively defend it, spending an hour trying to explain to you why they're right). It's worse than the Undertale fanbase at times.

But yeah, the competitive scene has been tripping over itself since Smogon got started. They have so many rules and regulations regarding tiers that they practically need regulations to regulate other regulations.

But at the same time, when you watch competitive battling and how overly seriously players take it, it's actually really funny.
    Last edited by SBaby; 23rd January 2017 at 11:27 PM.
    Rules of fansites:
    1 - You can either be right, or you can be happy.
    3 - If you think someone is lying about being an expert, they are.
    5 - If you think someone is lying about knowing people who work in the industry, they are.
    14 - All sources are one-sided.
    27 - There's no such thing as an honest politician.

What truly irritated me is that Battle Tree trainers have hax in their favor. A Vespiquen just activated Quick Claw THREE times in a row to Toxic stall me with Heal Order. When I thought it was all over, a Quick Claw Ursaring came and almost destroyed my team in the next battle.

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    But yeah, the competitive scene has been tripping over itself since Smogon got started. They have so many rules and regulations regarding tiers that they practically need regulations to regulate other regulations.
    To their credit, Smogon has actually made it to where teams are more varied than VGC teams that will have almost copied teams. You don't see much variety in them.

But at the same time, when you watch competitive battling and how overly seriously players take it, it's actually really funny.
    Some people take things to seriously, but if there was a cash prize attached, I would take it seriously.

I don't think it's quite as arduous as Smash Bros, as training yourself requires you to adapt your playstyle, and therefore, how you play your character(s).

I used to be anti-Smogon, but now, I will casually look on their site and maybe even take something from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

No-one took the opportunity to bring the Battle Fronteir back in ORAS, and they tease us about it

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    No-one took the opportunity to bring the Battle Fronteir back in ORAS, and they tease us about it
    You already said that.

The fact that Game Freak will never fix the Ice type (probably my favourite) defensively... And now that I think about it, with all it hits, Ground has been possibly as overpowered as Dragon was all this time! Game Freak really likes to work themselves into a corner...

One more thing: We didn't get a Dragon-type Eeveelution, which probably would have made the most sense (being the sole remaining type which was originally special), and Gen VI would have a parallel with Gen II when the Dark type was introduced. (Although yeah we probably have enough of them already.)

I haven't really played the recent games, but judging by FowTech95's post, the battle facilities are as haxy as ever. How do you do it, Game Freak?!

People complaining about tutorials in the main games. Yes I have been playing since Yellow and it is annoying, but compare to other games Pokemon tutorials aren't that bad.
    Currently completing my Living Dex!

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
        Spoiler:- Sun and Moon spoilers:
    Eh, I like that you get two or more of each exclusive legendary. It encourages trading with people who own the other game, without actually losing your legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Yami View Post
    People complaining about tutorials in the main games. Yes I have been playing since Yellow and it is annoying, but compare to other games Pokemon tutorials aren't that bad.
    But, but if I have to go through 15 minutes of tutorials, I will die. /s
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    I did? Sorry about that. Still annoyed about it still

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    Eh, I like that you get two or more of each exclusive legendary. It encourages trading with people who own the other game, without actually losing your legendary.

But, but if I have to go through 15 minutes of tutorials, I will die. /s
    With the Cosmog in my Moon game, I traded it over to my Sun version after it reached level 50 and used the Exp Share to evolve it into Solgaleo and traded it back so I could have one with the same Trainer ID number as Lunala. I'll do the same for my Sun's Cosmog.

The fact they keep adding TM moves to Pokemon's level-up moves(such as Froslass' Shadow Ball) grinds my gears. TMs no longer break after use, Game Freak! Restricting some moves to TMs could've been a great incentive for players to explore the region.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    The fact they keep adding TM moves to Pokemon's level-up moves(such as Froslass' Shadow Ball) grinds my gears. TMs no longer break after use, Game Freak! Restricting some moves to TMs could've been a great incentive for players to explore the region.
    And yet Drowzee and Hypno must learn Dream Eater by TM. Some Pokémon learning TM moves by level up I get but this one makes no sense.

Them not having Leafeon evolve with a Grass Stone

Getting a Razor Claw in Sun and Moon so that I can personally evolve a Sneasel into Weavile. Personally, the night part isn't as frustrating but imagine a 5% encounter only found at Vast Poni Canyon (Jangmo-o) with a 5% chance of holding a Razor Claw, which could be only obtained that way.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Page 339 of 354 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349 ... LastLast