Page 340 of 366 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 9133

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

Quote Originally Posted by FowTech95 View Post
    SOS Chaining with Thief Mimikyu makes Razor Claw hunting much easier. There will be a chance you would encounter Kommo-o, which has a 50% chance of having Razor Claw.
    Oh. I was also planning to do so but instead using a Butterfree (Compound Eyes) lead, which will raise Jangmo-o's hold rate from 5% to 20%.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    Oh. I was also planning to do so but instead using a Butterfree (Compound Eyes) lead, which will raise Jangmo-o's hold rate from 5% to 20%.
    I wouldn't want to use Compound Eyes on something that appears 5% in the wild.

I wouldn't want to use Compound Eyes on something that appears 5% in the wild.
    But at least, thanks for your suggestion. Usually, I would have patience with 5% encounters. I could at times get at least two 5% encounters in 10 minutes. But 1% encounters are a lot worse like Chansey in older games I believe.
    Last edited by Mega Altaria; 3rd January 2017 at 3:19 AM.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

SOS Chaining with Thief Mimikyu makes Razor Claw hunting much easier. There will be a chance you would encounter Kommo-o, which has a 50% chance of having Razor Claw.
    Could you not just SOS chain with a Thief Compound Eyes Butterfree? What makes Mimikyu better?
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    Could you not just SOS chain with a Thief Compound Eyes Butterfree? What makes Mimikyu better?
    I just used it because of the Dragon immunity, which Jangmo-o currently has in its moveset. I wouldn't risk being OHKO'd by +6 Dragon Claw due to DD. I never thought that Butterfree would learn the move. Maybe I'll try it next time I go item hunting.
    Last edited by FowTech95; 3rd January 2017 at 4:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Them not having Leafeon evolve with a Grass Stone
    You know why they did this. Just like Umbreon and the Moon Stone... If they suddenly worked on Eevee for no apparent reason, why not in RGBY? And then we would have FIVE Eeveelutions in the first generation!

Zubat & Tentacool

^Don't forget Geodudes (especially since they like to explode)!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamon_Warrior View Post
    You know why they did this. Just like Umbreon and the Moon Stone... If they suddenly worked on Eevee for no apparent reason, why not in RGBY? And then we would have FIVE Eeveelutions in the first generation!
    They did that for two things:

- To showcase the day and night feature
    - To introduce Dark-types

They introduced new Eeveelutions not because of new type but to show off new features they added into the gen. They also did this with Sylveon. There are no Eeveelutions in 7th gen but there is the Evoboost.

We can only buy 16 Mega Stones at the Tree, but the CPU can use all of them...
    The Champ ~

They did that for two things:

- To showcase the day and night feature
    - To introduce Dark-types

They introduced new Eeveelutions not because of new type but to show off new features they added into the gen. They also did this with Sylveon. There are no Eeveelutions in 7th gen but there is the Evoboost.
    This is so true. The only Gens without anything Eevee related being introduced are 3 and 5. The third gen introduced Abilities and Double Battles and Eevee nothing exclusive. Gen 5 introduced Triple and Rotation battles and not much else and Eevee couldn't be obtained without the Dreamworld or transfer before BW2.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

I just used it because of the Dragon immunity, which Jangmo-o currently has in its moveset. I wouldn't risk being OHKO'd by +6 Dragon Claw due to DD. I never thought that Butterfree would learn the move. Maybe I'll try it next time I go item hunting.
    Hmm, sounds like Butterfree's good for just snatching a few Razor Claws, while Mimikyu's resistances make it better for extended fights for HA/IVs/shinies and getting some lucky claws along the way. I guess it depends on what you're going for. :)

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

Alolan Marowak has a nice signature move called Shadow Bone which it learns at level 27 even though it evolves one level later is kind of lame, especially when the Move Reminder is at the end of the game. It's also strange how Cubone with Rock Head evolve into Marowak with Cursed Body(?) and yet Alolan Marowak's HA is Rock Head meaning you have to SOS chain for an HA Cubone just to get it.
    Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke Team

Dead Pokemon:

Gym Badges: 8
    Current Location: Plasma Frigate

Fishing in Sun and Moon.
    Claimed:
    Pokemon Omega Ruby team:
    Pokemon Moon team:

Quote Originally Posted by M.P. View Post
    Fishing in Sun and Moon.
    I agree. There was nothing wrong with the old method. The old way made it easier to find Water types as you could move aroun and try different spots on the same route and city or town. The new way is confusing with you needing to remember to look for those rock circles which can be easy to miss.

Can't remember if I've mentioned this this before, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Hyper Training is one of the coolest things introduced in Sun/Moon. Since a few of my legends/UBs have less than optimal IVs, I can use this to make them have the stat as if they were perfect IVs, which really reduced some of the stress. The problem?

To use this feature, your Pokémon needs to be at level 100. Which brings me to another point. Sun/Moon lacks a good grinding area, which means levelling up is more painful than it should be, especially if it's in one of the slow EXP groups. You also need Bottle caps, and they are also not easy to come by, as even some of the more reliable methods to get them takes time.

It makes me start to believe this is only really worth it on legends/UBs, as they can't breed. Everything else, you're better off breeding for it. Upsetting to see a feature I was so hyped be this tedious to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    I agree. There was nothing wrong with the old method. The old way made it easier to find Water types as you could move aroun and try different spots on the same route and city or town. The new way is confusing with you needing to remember to look for those rock circles which can be easy to miss.
    You can still move around and try different spots in SM, there's usually a few spots. Also, trying different spots before didn't do anything outside of Feebas. So long as you aren't on Sharpedo you'll notice the spots by the floating A. Plus the thrashing water in some spots makes it clear to see. They aren't too hard to see overall really, maybe at night.

Hey, can someone trade a 4IV Ditto with me? Mine has a calm Nature and HP, SpAtk, SpDef and Init on 31

My issue with the fishing is the rod. I like the idea of streamlining the rod into one item, but it kind of fails without a bait mechanic or something to divide the range of encounters properly. The point of the old system was that if you wanted stronger Pokemon, you'd go for the better rod. But now Magikarp shows up more often than everything else...
    The Champ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    My issue with the fishing is the rod. I like the idea of streamlining the rod into one item, but it kind of fails without a bait mechanic or something to divide the range of encounters properly. The point of the old system was that if you wanted stronger Pokemon, you'd go for the better rod. But now Magikarp shows up more often than everything else...
    The new fishing mechanics killed it for me too. I just got all the fishing exclusive Pokémon by trading because running in and out of areas just to have a chance at not getting a Magikarp is damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Voyage View Post
    Hey, can someone trade a 4IV Ditto with me? Mine has a calm Nature and HP, SpAtk, SpDef and Init on 31
    Try asking in the trading section.

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

Yeah the 1% fishing encounters have been frustrating. Resetting the bubbling spots gets tiresome, and its not even like they're all amazing Pokemon. I don't know why they'd make it so hard to get the new ones, I suppose they are trying to repeat the Chansey effect so they become really sought after but I just find it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Yeah the 1% fishing encounters have been frustrating. Resetting the bubbling spots gets tiresome, and its not even like they're all amazing Pokemon. I don't know why they'd make it so hard to get the new ones, I suppose they are trying to repeat the Chansey effect so they become really sought after but I just find it annoying.
    The only really sought after Pokémon I can think of is Corsola so it will spawn a Mareanie. Lots of people want that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    The only really sought after Pokémon I can think of is Corsola so it will spawn a Mareanie. Lots of people want that thing.
    Regular mareanies are generally a dime a dozen at this point...the HA mareanies are what's really in high demand...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Sun Team:

I'd personally go with a Merciless one since Mareanie can hit hard than a Mega Blaziken using Power Up Punch consistently could last gen. It's not like that thing will have difficulty with Poisoning opponents.

The fact that a good portion of the Alolan Pokemon are so dang SLOW. When I was getting Pokemon for my team, I was concerned because I didn't have a fast sweeper-like edition (because poor Lycanroc doesn't have the most diverse move pool, sadly) and I went on Serebii to check out the options out of the new Pokemon. Needless to say, I didn't find a whole lot : /
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Page 340 of 366 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast