Page 341 of 342 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342 LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 8547

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

  1. #8501
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    1,926

    Default

    The fact that a good portion of the Alolan Pokemon are so dang SLOW. When I was getting Pokemon for my team, I was concerned because I didn't have a fast sweeper-like edition (because poor Lycanroc doesn't have the most diverse move pool, sadly) and I went on Serebii to check out the options out of the new Pokemon. Needless to say, I didn't find a whole lot : /
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ALL Lives Matter

  2. #8502
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    The fact that a good portion of the Alolan Pokemon are so dang SLOW. When I was getting Pokemon for my team, I was concerned because I didn't have a fast sweeper-like edition (because poor Lycanroc doesn't have the most diverse move pool, sadly) and I went on Serebii to check out the options out of the new Pokemon. Needless to say, I didn't find a whole lot : /
    Tell me about it. I can't think of a fast mon in 7th gen besides Midday Lycanroc and Tapu Koko. I went with a team with a decent speed, such as Tapu Lele, in Battle Tree and they always gets outspeed by fast mons (therefore the flinch galore). I already know they are not fast by getting outsped by Scarfed Torterra was too much. It really forces me to bulk up my mons.
    Last edited by FowTech95; 5th January 2017 at 8:15 AM.

  3. #8503
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    The fact that a good portion of the Alolan Pokemon are so dang SLOW. When I was getting Pokemon for my team, I was concerned because I didn't have a fast sweeper-like edition (because poor Lycanroc doesn't have the most diverse move pool, sadly) and I went on Serebii to check out the options out of the new Pokemon. Needless to say, I didn't find a whole lot : /
    They're way too slow.

  4. #8504
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    DexNav only being in ORAS was a kick in the teeth
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  5. #8505
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    For me getting rid of Levitate on Gengar and giving it Cursed Body instead of giving it a new ability that keeps it having a Ground immunity. It seems like such a waste.

  6. #8506
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    People complaining about Iniceroar being on two feet inside of four.
    waiting for the poke bank update.

  7. #8507
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    For me getting rid of Levitate on Gengar and giving it Cursed Body instead of giving it a new ability that keeps it having a Ground immunity. It seems like such a waste.
    I actually think Cursed Body works better for Gengar since I could never picture it floating in the air continuously. Not saying that it can't because it is a Ghost and ghosts float. But not every Ghost Pokémon that float has Levitate as their Ability. Just look at Shedinja and Dusknoir. Both float in the air too. Gengar is a shadow which are cast on solid surfaces and not in the air.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  8. #8508

    Default

    Festival Plaza missions being broken. It's more often than not that when I'm there and I'm online it says there's a mission going on, then when I tap it there's nothing there. Then when I close it again the red bar is back saying there's a mission going on. Or when you look at the guest list and you see several people participating in missions and when you try to join it says there's no mission going on. And when you spam that X button to refresh it sometimes it suddenly appears, apparently already over a minute busy.

    Another thing I don't like is how unbalanced the Festival Plaza missions are with respect to each other. Some you can't even reliably get 5 stars individually if you host (like the Tauros one or the Machamp one), while with for example Inverse Type Matchups I can get 23 points if I host, and you only need 16 for full score on individual. Even if I mess up I can still easily get the max FC. It also doesn't reward hosting the missions, it's far more productive to join the (inverse) type matchup missions when they're at roughly 2 minutes remaining, get the 16 points required for max individual, and only spend 2 minutes instead of 3 and a festival ticket.

    Also really dislike the Island Scan/QR scanner feature. Nowhere in-game is it actually explained how the hell it works, or how you're supposed to do this. I got the Magearna event and 20 points for that (after much googling to find the European QR code for it, because official pokémon site only had the American one). Why doesn't a site like Serebii just have the QR codes in the Pokédex online for the different regions? I can still only find the Magearna one for the European system, no other QR codes and I've got no idea where to find them (no I'm not going to buy two DS'es and two games just for this stupid system). It's just stupid that they expect you to understand all these things when the official websites explain pretty much nothing, in-game explanation is literally non-existent, and they just launch a Global Mission that says to find a million Island Scan pokémon.

  9. #8509
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    Festival Plaza missions being broken. It's more often than not that when I'm there and I'm online it says there's a mission going on, then when I tap it there's nothing there. Then when I close it again the red bar is back saying there's a mission going on. Or when you look at the guest list and you see several people participating in missions and when you try to join it says there's no mission going on. And when you spam that X button to refresh it sometimes it suddenly appears, apparently already over a minute busy.

    Another thing I don't like is how unbalanced the Festival Plaza missions are with respect to each other. Some you can't even reliably get 5 stars individually if you host (like the Tauros one or the Machamp one), while with for example Inverse Type Matchups I can get 23 points if I host, and you only need 16 for full score on individual. Even if I mess up I can still easily get the max FC. It also doesn't reward hosting the missions, it's far more productive to join the (inverse) type matchup missions when they're at roughly 2 minutes remaining, get the 16 points required for max individual, and only spend 2 minutes instead of 3 and a festival ticket.

    Also really dislike the Island Scan/QR scanner feature. Nowhere in-game is it actually explained how the hell it works, or how you're supposed to do this. I got the Magearna event and 20 points for that (after much googling to find the European QR code for it, because official pokémon site only had the American one). Why doesn't a site like Serebii just have the QR codes in the Pokédex online for the different regions? I can still only find the Magearna one for the European system, no other QR codes and I've got no idea where to find them (no I'm not going to buy two DS'es and two games just for this stupid system). It's just stupid that they expect you to understand all these things when the official websites explain pretty much nothing, in-game explanation is literally non-existent, and they just launch a Global Mission that says to find a million Island Scan pokémon.
    Pretty sure they explained the QR function as simple as needed on official sites. It's overall straight foward to use. Scan codes, get 100 points, do Island Scan, search for the Pokemon with the location given.

    The only thing you need to do is get the codes, of which are from the Pokedex(And people have stated random non Pokemon QR codes can also show a Pokemon). Not sure if they are region locked(Magearna is but others might not be). A quick google search will give you plenty sites to choose from.

  10. #8510
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    Whenever a Pokemon has a major weakness but is supposed to be a wall. Like Probopass, who's whole gimmick is being a wall but has a 4x weakness to the common Fighting and Ground moves
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  11. #8511
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    People complaining about Iniceroar being on two feet inside of four.
    waiting for the poke bank update.
    If you're a Pokemon fan, you should just accept the fact that a fully evolved fire type starter is always going to be bipedal. Because at least if you're wrong, you'll be pleasantly surprised. While not my favorite fire starter, i'm at least happy that Incineroar is miles ahead of the abominations known as Emboar and Delphox.

    Almost every water type in the game getting ice beam/ice fang/ice punch has always stuck in my craw. I never liked the fact that water types always had that advantage over grass types considering the trio was meant to perfectly balance the three types against one another. Now a lot of fire types do get solarbeam, but it pales in comparison to the usefulness of ice beam. Meanwhile most grass types have nothing with which to deal super effective damage against fire types. Over the years I wish they would have been more selective as far as doling out ice moves to water type pokemon.

    Also the majority of ice types being on the slow side considering how bad of a defensive type ice is.

    Specifically with S/M, major characters having their battle themes revert to the normal trainer theme after the main game.

    Also as far as Alola Pokemon being slow is concerned, I can see why people would be upset about it, but I like the game taking a more defensive approach this time around as opposed to the power creep and speed creep we've experienced in previous generations.

  12. #8512
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default

    I've been wandering around with a team of 5 lvl50+ meowths for 4 hours now in order to get a destiny knot. None. ZERO!!!
    I've started with my Raichu on level 88. He is lvl 100 now. Still no destiny knot

    But HEY, I've got another escape rope! Perfect item to help me hang myself -.-
    Last edited by Ajduk; 8th January 2017 at 5:37 PM.

  13. #8513
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    311

    Default

    The fact that not every Mega Stone is available in Sun & Moon.

    Also, I'm annoyed by how laggy some of the battles can get in Sun & Moon. The frame rate drops a lot in just about any battle with more than two Pokémon present, really. It's even worse when battling Pokémon with a stat-boosting aura surrounding them.


    I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Splatoon, and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

    Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey hype!!!

  14. #8514
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Super Training was the excellent series of minigames that made EVs transparent and let players buff their Pokemon up. EVs still remain transparent in Sun/Moon, but Super Training is now gone. In its place are a series of facilities aimed at EV training your Pokemon scattered throughout the game, a lot of which are gated either upfront, or require in game payment per use. They’re arguably more efficient in that they don’t require the player to play minigames, and yield the benefit to the player immediately, but the strength of Super Training was that it was centralized and that it was persistent- and that’s gone now
    Hi! Welcome to a void of endless awkwardness ;3

    That annoying person you want to annoy but you cant because they annoy you everyday and so on~

    Shiny Eggs... Shiny Eggs :/
    You are beautiful the way you are
    This is a place of imagination and weirdness, feel free in a world where you cant, yep I just said that.
    Aw, thanks I am a ghost type trainer >;3
    Mystery Dungeon Exploreres Of Sky Team Eclipse .- .-
    Pokémon Red Team:
    Cosplaying Pikachu since 21 years ago
    [IMG]PokeCharms.jpg[/IMG]



    Friend Code! 4528-2559-5330

  15. #8515
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tartarus
    Posts
    714

    Default

    THIS BLOODY SWAGGER JOLTEON IN THE BATTLE TREE

    Gunk Shot's new animation is the one animation that I think was actually a step down from last gen. What happened to my trash can throwing, man? That was the most satisfying thing of all time and now it's gone :[

  16. #8516
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    Nebby not staying in the bag
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  17. #8517
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izio View Post
    Super Training was the excellent series of minigames that made EVs transparent and let players buff their Pokemon up. EVs still remain transparent in Sun/Moon, but Super Training is now gone. In its place are a series of facilities aimed at EV training your Pokemon scattered throughout the game, a lot of which are gated either upfront, or require in game payment per use. They’re arguably more efficient in that they don’t require the player to play minigames, and yield the benefit to the player immediately, but the strength of Super Training was that it was centralized and that it was persistent- and that’s gone now
    I would have been pissed if I was playing consistently. However, it is more suitable for players who are AFK during the day like me. I agree that Super Training should be kept for players who play consistently but I'm fine with Pelago training as of now.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Nebby not staying in the bag
    He should learn a thing or two from Ash's Rowlet, who always stays in the bag.

  18. #8518
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Nebby not staying in the bag
    I love that rebellious little guy

  19. #8519
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Nebby not staying in the bag
    I believe this video accurately represents how all of us feel about Nebby's lack of staying in the bag.

    Okay, I'm sure a lot of you have this problem: Evasion stat spammers. I absolutely hate it when people use Double Team or Minimize all the time. You'd be amazed at how happy I am when I realise that someone on my team knows Shock Wave or Aura Sphere.
    Latest Shiny: (465 REs) (Mo)

    Current Hunts: - 200 SRs (FR/LG)


  20. #8520
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Necropolis
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    THIS BLOODY SWAGGER JOLTEON IN THE BATTLE TREE
    This thing was in XYORAS too. It was just as bad there as it is in SM. I'm actually quite disappointed that they just reused a lot of the sets from the Battle Maison rather than come up with new ones. The one I hated in XYORAS was the Roserade with Leech Seed, Toxic, Giga Drain and Protect and, while I haven't seen it in SM yet, I have no doubt when I start using my AS team again (the team that had huge problems with it), it'll start appearing all the time just like before.

  21. #8521
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    This thing was in XYORAS too. It was just as bad there as it is in SM. I'm actually quite disappointed that they just reused a lot of the sets from the Battle Maison rather than come up with new ones. The one I hated in XYORAS was the Roserade with Leech Seed, Toxic, Giga Drain and Protect and, while I haven't seen it in SM yet, I have no doubt when I start using my AS team again (the team that had huge problems with it), it'll start appearing all the time just like before.
    Considering the Battle Facilities are meant to be tough it makes sense they'd reuse sets. Of course, they have new ones too(At least for the new Pokemon, not sure about the rest, but either way, new sets).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  22. #8522
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Notes App on iPad
    Posts
    859

    Default

    I know this is more plot and lore-centred than mechanics, but I'm really bummed that we got so little exploration into the concept of aura, especially in the games. In the PokeAni and PokeSpe, aura is explored in two different ways, with the PokeSpe's being like sound waves and the PokeAni's being like some psychic s**t was some of the coolest stuff to ever appear in the anime. In the PokeGames, we got barely anything.

    In the PokeSpe, I feel like it was explored enough - it had a decent amount of time in the chapters, it didn't need anymore.

    In the anime, they did explore the idea of aura in the eighth movie and a couple more minor times in the DP anime, but it felt like the fact that Ash had aura was more for a one-time thing for the sake of the movie. It could've been used in so many other moments outside of DP but Ash conveniently forgot about it because.... something? Ash having aura also kind of took the spotlight off of the other aura users we see aka Sir Aaron, his Lucario and Riley. This whole thing left me slightly unsatisfied and wishing we got more about aura in the anime, despite getting a decent amount already.

    The games are where I really get annoyed though. We see Riley's battle intro Sprite literally manipulating aura in front of our eyes, and he makes claims about sensing aura stuff, yet it's never even mentioned once what aura is, what it can do etc. We know that aura users can sense other people's auras with their power, considering Riley's mid-battle quote, but that's just about it. I really felt quite empty, because aura in the PokeAni had been some of the coolest s**t to ever appear on this Earth, but we never got a game equivalent. The best we can get is to read Lucario's Pokedex entries on what its aura can do, because we can assume that humans do the same thing. But the fact that it is never explicitly stated that aura is a thing in the games, I was left disappointed.

    Also RIP Riley PokeAni and PokeGames involvement.
    Game OTP: IronWill (Dawn x Riley)
    Anime OTP: Marisson (Alain x Mairin)
    Manga brOTP: Origin (Steven x Wallace)


    I also have a nominated story there!

    I write shipping fics! In any of the stories I post in the shipping fics area, feel free to drop in to say hi and leave a review! I gain motivation to continue writing through this, so any kind of review is great!

    "Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!" ~ from this fanfic!

  23. #8523
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samayouru View Post
    Okay, I'm sure a lot of you have this problem: Evasion stat spammers. I absolutely hate it when people use Double Team or Minimize all the time. You'd be amazed at how happy I am when I realise that someone on my team knows Shock Wave or Aura Sphere.
    That's the main reason I lost against Colress. Not only did he used Muk to spam Minimize, he also decided to torture me by spamming weak Snarls on my Tapu Lele. I mentally begged him to finish me with Gunk Shot or any Poison-type move but he kept spamming Snarls. That's the only battle I hit "Run" without any hesitation.

  24. #8524
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    On the topic of evasion, while Stomp and Body Slam is 100% accurate and doubles damage against those who use minimize, it still bothers me that Earthquake can still miss against Minimize users
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

    Nintendo I.D.: Jesse.S.H.

  25. #8525
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    8

    Default

    The Player Search System was an excellent innovation, one that kept Pokemon players connected online, making trades and battles with random players, as well as friends, as easy as one tap of the touch screen. For reasons that we cannot fathom, it is gone now, replaced instead by the perplexing Festival Plaza. This means that the persistent online connectivity of X/Y, which made them seem such social games, and which made battling and trading with others so easy, is now replaced by the need to launch the Player Plaza, wrestle with its obtuse menus and UI, go online, try to figure out how to find your friends (or randoms), and then engage with them. It’s a dramatic step back, and we cannot understand why Game Freak would do such a thing

    I mean, we have the GTS, but seriously Pokémon ?
    Hi! Welcome to a void of endless awkwardness ;3

    That annoying person you want to annoy but you cant because they annoy you everyday and so on~

    Shiny Eggs... Shiny Eggs :/
    You are beautiful the way you are
    This is a place of imagination and weirdness, feel free in a world where you cant, yep I just said that.
    Aw, thanks I am a ghost type trainer >;3
    Mystery Dungeon Exploreres Of Sky Team Eclipse .- .-
    Pokémon Red Team:
    Cosplaying Pikachu since 21 years ago
    [IMG]PokeCharms.jpg[/IMG]



    Friend Code! 4528-2559-5330

Page 341 of 342 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •