Page 6 of 173 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that grind your gears!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Giovanni is in the tourney, don't forget Steven
    Steven? He's not an organisation leader bro. I'm talking about Team Magma/Aqua, Team Rocket, Team Galactic, Team Plasma etc.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

I always seem to have Wi-Fi connection problems as well. I haven't been able to finish a single battle, Friend List or not, just because of this little problem.
    Planned OR Team

Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here

Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    the one thing that gets me more than anything else is that my router doesn't work with my ds/ds games, but it does work with my 3ds, wii and wii u. it gets me so annoyed.
    Ah yes, the dreaded WPA connection. I have a DS Lite and a 3DS XL and my connection is also WPA like yours from what I know so if I wanted to wi-fi trade or something I'd have to be forced into using my 3DS XL which I plan for using for Pokemon X & Y. I feel so annoyed about the fact the earlier DS models only work with WEP.

The fact that it was virtually impossible to connect using Wi-Fi in the UK prior Gen V.

I found a new adversary in the PWT: Sleep Powder. I almost lost against Red because of it.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

People thinking that focus blast, hydro pump and similar moves will hit every time. Many times when my opponent's moves miss and I proceed to beat them, they go like "you only won because X attack missed". I mean come on! The move's supposed to miss sometime or the other.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    People thinking that focus blast, hydro pump and similar moves will hit every time. Many times when my opponent's moves miss and I proceed to beat them, they go like "you only won because X attack missed". I mean come on! The move's supposed to miss sometime or the other.
    i feel your pain. they complain about a move missing that had 70% accuracy, of course it won't hit every turn...just deal with it. use choice specs if you have to.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

what grinds my gears? lets see...

-The Freeze status condition...
    -people who ask for outrageous offers on the GTS like level 9 and under legendaries...
    -the pokemon anime
    -Pikachu's cousins weren't made a LITTLE bit tougher
    -old generation "Fans"
    -times when your pokemon is taken out in one hit, when is is NOT a critical hit!
    -Dragon types as a whole (Except for like Dialga, maybe Giritina)
    -Trainers in gyms that have a countering type merely to smite you
    -Trainers that use potions just when you're about to fell their pokemon, and it was so hard to get it there
    -Cynthia, because fighting here is a pain
    -ghost types, they want you dead
    -General hate on a certain pokemon i like because it's not "fit for competitive play"
    -Ambipom
    -searching for evolution stones in dust clouds...
    Forever keeping it clean. Whether everyone else likes it or not!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

The fact that PWT's rental battles in Black and White 2 wasn't done as well as it could have. There was only like types (normal and master), no continuity (if you win one round, you don't progress to an increasingly challenging round) and no incentive to carry on. In Diamond and Pearl, battle factory was a million times better, so much so that I can still replay it to this day. In Diamond and Pearl's version, the Pokemon were mostly fully evolved (in B&W2, most of them, especially in the normal version, are a mix of unevolved Pokemon), the rounds got increasingly more challenging with legendaries eventually joining the fray in later rounds, and even Thorton being a boss at the end of every three rounds, and because the rounds continued, you couldn't just cheat and quit to essentially select your team.

PWT was entertaining for a bit, mainly due to the gym leader battles, but Diamond and Pearl and even Emerald had a much better rental battle system with huge longevity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    During your experience at SPPf, there is unfortunatley no protection or clause that states "Mods shall not be bitchy."
    That's right... I AM KIRA

3DS Friend code: 3351 4126 2678
    PM me your code if you add mine. Mainly up for Mario Kart 7 but don't mind other suggested games if I have them!

Getting far too many female Stunkies when I'm aiming for Adamant, Jolly or Lax males. I don't have a problem with female Stunky normally. Female Stunky is cool. However, my gripe with it is that I want its Egg move, Foul Play to be passed down when I start hunting for a shiny Stunky for use in online, and females don't pass down the moves.

So as you can expect... it gets annoying. Very. Very. Fast.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    -Trainers in gyms that have a countering type merely to smite you
    -Trainers that use potions just when you're about to fell their pokemon, and it was so hard to get it there
    -Cynthia, because fighting here is a pain
    /THIS/ I can relate to all of this. Cynthia was a huge pain. Her Garchomp especially. Oh I see you have an Ice Type ~ ALLOW ME TO USE MY FOCUS SASH AND STONE EDGE IT TO DEATH >

Also the ridiculous amount of Full Restores Elite Four and Gym Leaders could go through on one Pokemon, especially when their Pokemon has Sturdy.. *cough* Colress *cough* He is badass though

And that one trainer in Canalave Gym. Oh I see you brought a fire type to the steel type gym, ALLOW ME TO SEND OUT MY AZUMARILL.

>
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Confuse Ray. Even more annoying than Supersonic, as it has a perfect accuracy, regardless of the equally annoying Pokémon who call off the attack.

Oh boy... Where do I begin...

-Smogon's Competitive Battling rules. They just do. I personally go by the official rules, like PWT's rules.
    -Cheaters that take the easy way. I don't know why they do it; sucks all the fun and the feeling of accomplishment away.
    -Oldschool "fans".
    -Not being able to have a male Surfing Pikachu or a Female Flying Pikachu.
    --Not being about to keep HM moves on Pokémon to transfer them to the next Gen, which is worse when the HM is event exclusive for that Pokémon. (Like Surfing/Flying Pikachu.)
    ---Not being able to teach Surf or Fly to a Pikachu by a special In Game move tutor...
    -Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. I didn't hate the game. I just hate the story. It's hard to play it anymore after the first time I played through it. I can play Colosseum as much as I want with no issues. To be honest, as far as I'm concerned, to me XD is just a "what if" sequel. Even if though it isn't, I consider it as that...
    -New Type Speculation in general. (To clarify, I hated it because of the arguing. I particularly hate the Light-type speculation. I am very welcoming to the new Fairy-type.)
    -The fact that Reshiram/Zekrom/Arceus/Celebi/Victini/Deoxys*/Shaymin*/Darkrai*/Keldeo/Meloetta cannot be legitimately Shiny. *There are some legit shiny versions. However, the events for this to be possible have happened and are done.
    -The fact that Manaphy(PKMN Ranger)/Mew(Haley's)/Jirachi(WISHMKR) can be shiny, but it's so time consuming that they might as well just be impossible to be shiny...
    -When people say there won't be Ruby & Sapphire Remakes. (Not trying to start any debate, but I'm just saying since we are on the next gen handheld, it's not particularly impossible...)
    -When people argued about Sylveon's type.
    -The lack of Manaphy Events
    Last edited by Rai1994; 16th June 2013 at 2:36 AM. Reason: minor edit and clarified something.
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

I absolutely hate when people hate on grass types. They aren't that bad. Who cares if they have a lot of weaknesses. Not me. I get something else to counter it. Grass is my favorite type. Also I really don't like when people hate on 4th Gen. It's not all that bad. We got some amazing pokemon evolutions like electivire,magmortar, and weavile. I can see why people don't really like it though. But Diamond was my first game and everyone normally favors the region they started in so...yeah.
    BUDDER + TORTERRAS = AWESOMENESS

My shinies:
    Gyrados not from Lake of Rage!

BIDOOF PARTAY!!!!

Also X and Y is Kewl. TEAM FLOWERHEAD FTW (Mega Venusaur) :3

Playing Nuzlocke and getting bombarded by crits.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In D/P after you beat Mars and Jupiter you can't save before fighting Cyrus.

EDIT: And when you forget to save before fighting Dialga and you only have one alive pokémon and no revives or potions and your only alive pokémon is at 3 HP.
    Last edited by supersmew; 7th June 2013 at 9:42 PM.

Saaatoshi!

Multiple levels in a Black Tower/White Treehollow area. It gets tedious having to clean a whole level up only to find out that the Gate Trainer is on an above level.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Multiple levels in a Black Tower/White Treehollow area. It gets tedious having to clean a whole level up only to find out that the Gate Trainer is on an above level.
    I know. I could easily trounce Benga if it weren't for all of those trainers I accidentally run into on the way to his room.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

The stat-raising moves that 5th Gen introduced. God they are so cheap.

I mean seriously, Shift Gear reducing your defense or whatever and DOUBLING YOUR ATTACK AND SPEED? Klinklang is overpowered. So is Gear Grind (You literally asked for it in your thread title, OP.)

Quiver Dance is even worse. No cons, just boosting Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed with nothing to lose.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    In D/P after you beat Mars and Jupiter you can't save before fighting Cyrus.

EDIT: And when you forget to save before fighting Dialga and you only have one alive pokémon and no revives or potions and your only alive pokémon is at 3 HP.
    THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME OMG. I had my level 20 Bidoof, that was it. No revives ;-; And I try to leave "It seems like Dialga is waiting for you"

So I had to use my Master Ball.. Silly, at least it was fixed in Platinum
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    And when you forget to save before fighting Dialga and you only have one alive pokémon and no revives or potions and your only alive pokémon is at 3 HP.
    I remember on my old Sapphire when I realized that you didn't have infinite chances of catching Kyogre. And I didn't save before it. *cries*
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

When you're trying to go through a cave and you're being attacked by Pokemon left and right with no relief (and without repels)...
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle King View Post
    I've personally never understood why Snubbull had a higher female ratio
    Well it does look like it's wearing a dress after all. Granbull is even more flattering, it doesn't even look feminine to begin with!

One thing that ticked me off was that I couldn't trade my LEGIT Probopass on the GTS. It gave me an error message

Apparently, the system thought it had an inappropriate name...

(I never renamed it)

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

Quote Originally Posted by epicninjask123 View Post
    One thing that ticked me off was that I couldn't trade my LEGIT Probopass on the GTS. It gave me an error message

Apparently, the system thought it had an inappropriate name...

(I never renamed it)
    Because his name is ProbopASS, that also go for FroslASS, and CoFAGrigus...

Censorship these days -_-
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Page 6 of 173 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast