Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E9 - Ash and Iris Break It Off!? Highway to Separation!! [FIRST POST 05/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Won't happen before July and this episode is before July.

They don't want to put him into a pokeball so it won't evolve unless its leaving in the last episode, I don't think a battle will happen here actually.
    It doesn't have to stay in the pokeball, and even if it does it won't hurt for a few episodes. Besides the final few episodes might not even involve Cilan and Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I don't think so. It's not even about Axew ^^;
    Maybe not but I'd say a battle is imminent.

Dunsparce gets an evo, at last!

This episode sounds interesting. However, I somewhat doubt that Ash will get a Dunsparce, like he didn't get a Deerling. However, if he catches one I won't complain, especially if he pulls an Aipom and evolves in a Fairy-type in XY.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    If thats the case I'm shocked he put up with it longer than he should have, dang thing keeps getting lost. If Iris's Axew gets in between of an important mission or maybe some thing bad happens to Pikachu cuz of Axew's stupid getting lost adventures and Iris/Ash get into a fight over it, Ash saying "Iris, why don't you keep that thing in its Pokeball? Its always getting lost, you'd think you would have learned from the first time but No!!"
    If anything, Ash would be a hypocrite if he said anything about it. Of course it's not his fault that Pikachu doesn't go inside a Poké Ball, but do you remember at all just how many times Ash & group had to stop in their tracks and devote time to rescuing/protecting/searching/whatever because *something* happened to Pikachu again? I don't like it either when the writers resort to the getting lost plot for the eleventy billionth time when they're being their usual uninspired selves but seriously, I think from an in-world point-of-view, no one from the group considers Axew to be anymore of a handful than Pikachu, if at all.

Also, Iris has never thought of, much less called Ash a "newbie" to my knowledge, plus Ash has called her out on her child remarks at least once. I don't like it when people put the blame for unimaginative scripts and plots onto characters they don't like or feel deserve some twisted kind of punishment for not being written the way they want them to be - namely, standing in the background 70% of the time and soft-soaping Ash 24/7. Ash isn't a poor, defenseless thing when confronted with Iris. Most of the time he doesn't take her remarks seriously and only snaps at her when he feels like getting angry and venting, which I think is a much classier way of handling things than the revenge lash-out you want to (and perhaps *will*) take place here

Iris is also way past the point of having to be taught that Ash is competent; she knows that. By now, she is absolutely supportive and loyal to him on the inside, but that doesn't mean she's obligated to show that on the outside all the time :/

--

The fact that the setup of the ep is silly doesn't mean that the script will be ditzy throughout, but I seriously hope they'll show the characters being at least a tiny bit aware of the magnitude of their decision. Cracky fights like in The Bicker the Better are superb, but 1) it's hard to top TBTB, and 2) choosing to actually go separate ways comes with much more drastic consequences, which I don't want the writers to ignore completely in favor of the lulz.

Iris is the one who runs off - how long until she starts regretting it? What about Ash? He's had to say goodbye to his friends so many times, will he realize & feel the difference between that and parting with someone on bad terms? Finally, and most interestingly, what is Cilan going to say, feel and do? He'll likely stay with Ash during the ordeal, but will he be instrumental in their reunion and if yes, how? Will he actually get angry at one or both of his friends, roll up his sleeves and take action, or will he remain mostly passive and meakly try to convince Ash ŕ la, "Hey, uhm... Wasn't it a little nicer when the three of us were together? No? Okay..."

This is the one part where I agree with you, Bluedragonfangirl - because they forcedly weaved Axew into the plot and pushed it into the center of the decisive argument, I'm worried that it might all boil down to "Iris forgives Ash if he apologizes to Axew", which would essentially make the plot revolve around a Pokémon again. Which, in this case, would suck. I desperately want the Pokémon to take a backseat on this, but given how Team Rocket seems to play a role here, it's almost inevitable that at least the resolution part will be an homage to TBTB.

Is that Izumi Shimura who's animating the episode? Seems like it judging by the picture. Oh joy... Well, I guess... there are... worse options... 8|
    Last edited by Sushi; 20th May 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    If anything, Ash would be a hypocrite if he said anything about it. Of course it's not his fault that Pikachu doesn't go inside a Poké Ball, but do you remember at all just how many times Ash & group had to stop in their tracks and devote time to rescuing/protecting/searching/whatever because *something* happened to Pikachu again? I don't like it either when the writers resort to the getting lost plot for the eleventy billionth time when they're being their usual uninspired selves but seriously, I think from an in-world point-of-view, no one from the group considers Axew to be anymore of a handful than Pikachu, if at all.
    I think it's undeniable that Axew is more of a liability than Pikachu, it's constantly wandering off and getting itself into trouble. Pikachu usually ends up getting dragged into it when it follows Axew but other than those instances I'm hard-pushed to name a few occasions where Pikachu has got everyone in trouble.

Also, Iris has never thought of, much less called Ash a "newbie" to my knowledge, plus Ash has called her out on her child remarks at least once. I don't like it when people put the blame for unimaginative scripts and plots onto characters they don't like or feel deserve some twisted kind of punishment for not being written the way they want them to be - namely, standing in the background 70% of the time and soft-soaping Ash 24/7. Ash isn't a poor, defenseless thing when confronted with Iris. Most of the time he doesn't take her remarks seriously and only snaps at her when he feels like getting angry and venting, which I think is a much classier way of handling things than the revenge lash-out you want to (and perhaps *will*) take place here
    She does go a little over the top with her "kid" remarks. Sure that might not be a huge side of her personality, and be more of a gag than anything but in real life if someone was constantly making comments like that to you, you would snap in the end. I'm glad the writers are actually addressing something like this rather than just letting it slide.

Iris is also way past the point of having to be taught that Ash is competent; she knows that. By now, she is absolutely supportive and loyal to him on the inside, but that doesn't mean she's obligated to show that on the outside all the time :/
    Many people complain that of all the female companions, Iris has the least chemistry/friendship with Ash. To me this episode should be dedicated to showing how much the two do care for each other. The anime isn't renowned for it's subtleties, and it will want to clearly paint that picture.

Iris is the one who runs off - how long until she starts regretting it? What about Ash? He's had to say goodbye to his friends so many times, will he realize & feel the difference between that and parting with someone on bad terms? Finally, and most interestingly, what is Cilan going to say, feel and do? He'll likely stay with Ash during the ordeal, but will he be instrumental in their reunion and if yes, how? Will he actually get angry at one or both of his friends, roll up his sleeves and take action, or will he remain mostly passive and meakly try to convince Ash ŕ la, "Hey, uhm... Wasn't it a little nicer when the three of us were together? No? Okay..."
    Both characters are stubborn, it will take a while for them to realize they did make a mistake, and longer still to rectify it. My biggest fear here is that Team Rocket kidnaps Axew or something and then Ash returns to save the day, or vice-versa. I want the characters to make up because of their friendship, not some over-engineered plot device by the writers. The message here needs to be that they're not travelling together because they need each other, they're travelling together because they want to be with each other.

This is the one part where I agree with you, Bluedragonfangirl - because they forcedly weaved Axew into the plot and pushed it into the center of the decisive argument, I'm worried that it might all boil down to "Iris forgives Ash if he apologizes to Axew", which would essentially make the plot revolve around a Pokémon again. Which, in this case, would suck. I desperately want the Pokémon to take a backseat on this, but given how Team Rocket seems to play a role here, it's almost inevitable that at least the resolution part will be an homage to TBTB.
    The Pokémon are a lot more down to earth with their friendship, they might bicker and launch a few attacks at each other but fast-forward 5 minutes and they're buddies again. While the argument may be sparked by Axew I'm imagining that he'll make it crystal clear to Iris that he's missing everyone pretty early on, and the decision will be ultimately hers to make.
    Last edited by DMerle; 20th May 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Glad Ash calls out Axew. That thing annoys the crap out of me most of the time.

And I really hope Ash catches a Dunsparce. I don't know about this whole "Fairy" speculation, but if it does turn out to be true then I could see Dunsparce getting an evo next gen and it will possibly become Fairy/Normal. Or maybe not. I just want him to get it. >.>

my prediction ftm
    Ash tries to catch dunsparce (possibly using scraggy/pikachu)
    Axew interferes unintentionally
    Dunsparce gets away
    Ash yells at iris and axew
    Cilan tires to play peacemaker
    Axew goes looking for dunsparce
    Ash and iris agree to get along till axew is found
    Axew finds the dunsparce ash was after but also finds many dunsparce who attack axew
    Ash protects axew
    Possible-Ash catches dunsparce(probably only if it’s going to get a gen 6 evo)
    Ash apologises to axew and iris
    Happy sunset

I don't think Ash will catch Dunsparce.. it will be something in the beginning of the episode and then Axew will do something stupid causing Dunsparce to get away. But maybe we will see it appear again since it was on that island with the Butterfree.

"We are not friends anymore!" That sounds like something a child would say

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I don't think Ash will catch Dunsparce.. it will be something in the beginning of the episode and then Axew will do something stupid causing Dunsparce to get away. But maybe we will see it appear again since it was on that island with the Butterfree.
    Well this episode takes place after the Butterfree one I believe. So it's possible that Dunsparce could be this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    It doesn't have to stay in the pokeball, and even if it does it won't hurt for a few episodes. Besides the final few episodes might not even involve Cilan and Iris.
    An animator has said it would be weird or something to that extend to have a Fraxure out all the time.

An animator has said it would be weird or something to that extend to have a Fraxure out all the time.
    Yeah, I think that's the biggest problem with it evolving. It has been outside of it's poke ball all this time and has been Iris' Pikachu essentially. If it evolved it would be weird to see it following them around. It certainly wouldn't be climbing in Iris' hair anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The caption and summary says.

Angered, Iris says "We're not friends anymore!" and goes on ahead!!

"On Ookina Island, Ash blames Axew for letting a Dunsparce get away."

Why does Ash care about Dunsparce so much?
    So that's the Dunsparce from the opening, I knew it would appear!

And I bet Ash won't catch it. There's been no hints for another capture on Ash's team (I know there weren't any with Palpitoad but still). I think we'll see Dunsparce at the beginning of the episode until Axew drives it away and the rest of the episode is Ash x Iris shipping.

Basically like that Deerling Ash tried to catch early BW or that Palpitoad Trip tried to catch.

Can't help but wonder what would've happened if Ash actually succeeded lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Gen 6 evolution for Dunsparce, that's what would happen

It wouldn't be up to the animators, and even if it was a major issue it would only be the last handful of episodes.

It smells the perfect episode for the NegaiShipping.
    To be serious, I'm excited about it. We don't know much about the episode other than Iris and Ash having a separation, wich makes the episode more interesting. I just wonder how it will turn out. But one thing is sure : Iris and Ash will continue to travel together until the end.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 20th May 2013 at 1:47 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    So that's the Dunsparce from the opening, I knew it would appear!

And I bet Ash won't catch it. There's been no hints for another capture on Ash's team (I know there weren't any with Palpitoad but still). I think we'll see Dunsparce at the beginning of the episode until Axew drives it away and the rest of the episode is Ash x Iris shipping.

Basically like that Deerling Ash tried to catch early BW or that Palpitoad Trip tried to catch.

If he succeded it would mean Dunsparece is getting an evolution basicly.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    It wouldn't be up to the animators, and even if it was a major issue it would only be the last handful of episodes.

Since when? there are clearly a lot of stuff made for the animators to have an easier time by the writers, like move spam for example, its easier to keep it stick in Iris hair and resuse that picture then evolve it and having to design diferent poses.

If he succeded it would mean Dunsparece is getting an evolution basicly.
    You mean like Aipom, right ?

In this case of Dunsparce, I don't think Ash will be catching it, but Cilan. Remember, back in Sinnoh, when Ash and Khoury faced off to catch the little Gible ? Maybe a rivalry between Ash and Cilan will grow to catch Dunsparce, but Dunsparce end up scared by Axew and running away. And since Cilan is a 'bit the cool and calm guy, who knows how to accept apologizes (especially when Iris makes a mistake or something else), I think he won't be mad against Iris, but Ash is a different case, and with girls especially, we all know that.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    You mean like Aipom, right ?

In this case of Dunsparce, I don't think Ash will be catching it, but Cilan. Remember, back in Sinnoh, when Ash and Khoury faced off to catch the little Gible ? Maybe a rivalry between Ash and Cilan will grow to catch Dunsparce, but Dunsparce end up scared by Axew and running away. And since Cilan is a 'bit the cool and calm guy, who knows how to accept apologizes (especially when Iris makes a mistake or something else), I think he won't be mad against Iris, but Ash is a different case, and with girls especially, we all know that.
    Yes like Aipom.

Its not happening though.

Another bickering episode? Good. Maybe it's about time that Ash reciprocates all the insults he took from that Iris.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Maybe after fighting Ash and Iris make up and than the same dunsparce appears and challenages ash to a battle and this time he catches it.
    Unova -
    Kalos

Omega Ruby Team

Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    Maybe after fighting Ash and Iris make up and than the same dunsparce appears and challenages ash to a battle and this time he catches it.
    I'd love that. Or for Dunsparce to get curious and follow Ash & Co. for a while and sneak on the boat.

Being realistic I don't think that's gonna happen though. I'm just happy we're finally seeing Dunsparce again in the animé, been a long time lol.

What if rocket frames axew to purposely get ash and iris to fight so they can use that to their advantage?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    What if rocket frames axew to purposely get ash and iris to fight so they can use that to their advantage?
    From what I saw in the last episodes, it's totally possible. They could attract Axew like they did in the episode The Name's N! with a berry or something else to let escape Dunsparce.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Kinda hope Iris leaves for a bit and we get an episode or two of her alone. Maybe she meets Clair and they go back to Ash and stuff happens idk. Is the movie confirmed to be happening in the DA arc or the N arc? I heard that while the movie is in cinema while the DA arc is going on it takes place during the N arc. Not sure if this is true

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    or the fight happens without rocket involvement but they use it to there advantage anyway.

Not sure if I'm gonna bother with this episode yet. Gonna wait for a proper summary before I judge whether its gonna be of interest to me

Wonder why Dunsparce. Seems like such a random pokemon. Would love to see Ash catch an Eevee and it evolves into Sylveon

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast