View Poll Results: Will there be an X/Y-themed 3DS?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

3 18.75%
  • Maybe (I don't lean yes or no more)

7 43.75%

Thread: Will there be an X/Y 3DS?

Default Will there be an X/Y 3DS?

Since I am not aware of any official news, this is more of a "Do you think there will be..." question.

I don't have a 3DS, but will be getting one for Pokemon X/Y. I'd love an X/Y themed 3DS, but with the Pikachu 3DS being released recently, I'm doubtful.

(By "Will there be..." I mean released within a month of X/Y launching.[)
    Last edited by scorpic; 20th May 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpic View Post
    Since I am not aware of any official news, this is more of a "Do you think there will be..." question.

I don't have a 3DS, but will be getting one for Pokemon X/Y. I'd love an X/Y themed 3DS, but with the Pikachu 3DS being released recently, I'm doubtful.

(By "Will there be..." I mean released within a month of X/Y launching.[)
    There might be, though I think this should go here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...ndo-Discussion

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Like panda says, but I rather have a Zelda one

Quote Originally Posted by cantavanda View Post
    Like panda says, but I rather have a Zelda one
    I am Mew, not panda. Also, I don't see why they would release a 3DS after the games have been released. What if people buy a 3DS, only to find out that there's a different, maybe cooler one coming it?

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

As I cannot predict the future like Espeon and Xatu, I voted on "maybe".

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    There might be, though I think this should go here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...ndo-Discussion
    This can also go in the Pokepolls Section.

About the answer to the question, I am voting on maybe, as it is possible, as Pokemon is the second leading franchise in the entire world.
    However, I may be wrong, they might never release it. In my opinion, maybe would be most appropriate if anyone were not sure.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Umm...

This is actually related to Gen 6, so it goes here. And no, I think (and hope) they won't. They haven't done it with any other games...

Sorry about posting in the wrong section! My excuses are as follows: Can't make new topics in X/Y forum, stopped scrolling to see the "Nintendo" forum, using new new monitor resolution caused me not to see the Pokepolls forum as I didn't squint.

"They haven't done it with any other games" - assuming you mean Pokemon games, I think the transition from 2D-to-3D is such a big step forward that Nintendo might try to capitalize on that. Even the colorless-to-color GB wasn't as big of a step as 2D-to-3D, gameplay-wise. As well, Pokemon was never as comprehensive and as big of a frandchise (in total revenue/sale terms) as it is now, so there's a way bigger market for Pokemon merchandise now than ever before.

"Also, I don't see why they would release a 3DS after the games have been released. What if people buy a 3DS, only to find out that there's a different, maybe cooler one coming it?" - Obviously, the best practice would be to announce the X/Y 3DS before X/Y is released, and then have it released within a month max after X/Y because any longer and people who are chomping at the bit for X/Y will say screw the special 3DS and buy a regular 3DS and X/Y. I still find the release of this DS puzzling - like who didn't have a DS that was interested in Gen4 already? If they release an X/Y 3DS, they just need to announce it before X/Y and have it released within a month.

I don't particularly want a Pokemon themed 3DS, I just don't want to buy a plain one. The Zelda DS Lite looked cool and I'd even get that despite never playing any Zelda game ever, but I'm not sure how the next Zelda 3DS game will coincide with X/Y.
    Last edited by scorpic; 22nd May 2013 at 4:29 AM.

Maybe...

Most likely..

I mean if it hits popularity which I'm positive of since pokemon is popular ;;>

they just need to announce it before X/Y and have it released within a month.
    Precedent tells us that we'll get this Pokémon-stamped 3DS/XL a few months after the initial release, likely with a copy of one of the games bundled in. Gives people who didn't upgrade to a 3DS at the time more incentive to do so. It's largely what happened with B/W.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Precedent tells us that we'll get this Pokémon-stamped 3DS/XL a few months after the initial release, likely with a copy of one of the games bundled in. Gives people who didn't upgrade to a 3DS at the time more incentive to do so. It's largely what happened with B/W.
    Yep! That is what I'm afraid of. Your "incentive" point makes sense, something I never thought of before and was always grumbling at Nintendo for being so stupid with their releases of stuff like this... but it makes total sense. All I know now is the odds are against me, lol.

Your "incentive" point makes sense, something I never thought of before and was always grumbling at Nintendo for being so stupid with their releases of stuff like this... but it makes total sense.
    Yes. These games will move millions of copies and probably a comparable number of 3DS/XL units alongside them. No reason to throw a special edition hardware in there as well when it can be used to bump sales again a few months down the line.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by