Thread: White 2 Semi-Competitive Team!:

Default White 2 Semi-Competitive Team!:

Right so I've sorted out a team for Casual Online battles, I'd just like to know if there's anything I should change. And before you ask, I'm doing double battles. Also, Slaking and Sceptile work together, as well as Ninjask Baton-Passing to Rampardos for the speed + attack boosts.

Things I've changed are in red!

Tactical Team:

Slaking ~ Adamant (+Atk -SpA) Truant
    Life Orb
    ~ Night Slash
    ~ Body Slam ~ Wondering if it would be totally insane to give him a Toxic Orb and Facade as his STAB move.. Probably, I'll keep Body Slam for now.
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Slack Off

Starmie ~ Modest (+SpA -Atk) Natural Cure
    Leftovers
    ~ Skill Swap
    ~ Protect
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Hydro Pump

Espeon ~ Bold (+Def -Atk) Synchronize
    Life Orb
    ~ Signal Beam
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Morning Sun

Ninjask ~ Bold (+Def - Atk) Speed Boost
    Focus Sash
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Protect
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Substitute

Rampardos ~ Adamant (+Atk -SpA) Sheer Force
    Persim Berry
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Thunder Punch
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Outrage

Ferrothorn ~ Sassy (+SpD -Spd) Iron Barbs
    Leftovers
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Curse
    ~ Protect
    ~ Power Whip
    Last edited by Cmack102; 22nd May 2013 at 7:10 AM.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Bold is a terrible nature for Ninjask considering that it has a nice attack stat which most people tend to not exploit. It can knock out most pokemon weak HP due to its massive speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Riana View Post
    Bold is a terrible nature for Ninjask considering that it has a nice attack stat which most people tend to not exploit. It can knock out most pokemon weak HP due to its massive speed.
    It doesn't have an attacking move, I'm just using Swords Dance on the first turn, and then Substituting and Protecting to gain Speed Boosts before Baton Passing, it has no need to attack and a boost in defense is somewhat helpful to it.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Shadow Ball over Echoed Voice on Espeon. Shadow Ball's coverage is just so much better than anything Echoed Voice will give you...
    If you like this, see this and much more at...

http://superartninja.deviantart.com/# - Deviant Art Profile

On Slaking, I'm not sure whether it's worth placing so much emphasis on critical hits since they don't occur often enough to make the foregone power with running Slash worth it. For that reason, I'd run Return > Slash for a more reliable move in terms of power. You can run a Muscle Band or a Life Orb as your item; a Muscle Band boosts your Attack by a smaller amount but doesn't come with any drawbacks, whereas a Life Orb provides a larger boost and recoil can be healed off through Slack Off.

Signal Beam > Shadow Ball on Espeon to hit Dark-types.

'd suggest going with Rock Slide > Head Smash on Rampardos because with Head Smash recoil (especially given how powerful Rampardos's Head Smash is coming off base 165 Attack, Adamant and Swords Dance boosts), Rampardos won't last very long. After the Sheer Force boost, Rock Slide is almost as powerful as Stone Edge, but with better PP and accuracy.

Personally, I think you're a little setup heavy if you're doing doubles. Hyper offense is pretty common in doubles, and can give you trouble if they just go all-out while you're trying to set up. You're also very steel weak. The only thing that isn't walled by Steels is Rampardos with its Fire Punch, whose glass cannon nature makes him easily picked off, especially if Ninjask isn't able to give him speed. Heck, your entire team has a huge Heatran problem, who pretty much walls your entire team while running all over them at the same time.

Your team could really benefit from a Rotom-W, IMO; it pretty much eliminates your Heatran problems altogether since most common Heatran attacks do nothing to Rotom-W while Rotom-W destroys it. It also deals with most steel types fairly well.

As to where to fit it in... personally I'd just drop Ninjask and Rampardos altogether, due to the fact that they can be high-maintenance and both are very easy to pick off with priority. And the other could easily be replaced with a more self sufficient physical attacker like Garchomp or Terrakion... or, alternatively, the Double Battle's star annoyance, Hitmontop.

Of course, if you're not open to switching those Pokemon, disregard that part, and just pay attention to everything below this line. (Not gonna list sets just yet since I'm not sure how open you are to switching to different Pokemon).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give Espeon Magic Bounce. If you're not using Magic Bounce, then you're basically just using Espeon as an inferior Alakazam, who's not only faster and stronger, but also doesn't take recoil damage from Life Orb (or any other indirect source) due to Magic Guard.

Replace Curse on Ferrothorn with Gyro Ball. It's not really going to have much luck setting up if it's only got Power Whip, since Grass is easily walled by a lot of things due to poor coverage.

I'd replace Substitute on Sceptile, since SubSeeding is a little less effective in doubles if they want to double up on Sceptile on that turn (i.e., one breaks the Sub, the other breaks Sceptile). You could try Focus Blast for better coverage (and another way of dealing with steel types), or Protect since Protect is awesome in doubles (plus it buys a turn for Leech Seed).

Rampardos could use Earthquake. I'd give it to him over Outrage, since it helps deal with your steel woes. And with no outrage, I'd replace the Persim Berry with Lum Berry, to help protect from the occasional burn.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Right, so I just derped out completely and realised that Worry Seed doesn't work with Truant. So I've switched Sceptile for Starmie.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo