Thread: Sword Art Online

Cool Sword Art Online

I love this anime, it's bright, engaging and just an all round good anime that I've been enjoying of late. I can only hope that we will live to see the day where Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games will stop being just a notion and become a reality. So what are your thoughts on SAO?

i loved it even the fairy dance arc which most people dont care for im still waiting for GunGale to come out

Sword Art online is one of the best animes I have watched. Noticed it on Crunchyroll and I remember hearing how good it was so I tried it out and it definitely did not disappoint.
    3DS FC: 2637-9986-5257 (Alpha Sapphire)
    IGN: Kirito

Glad to see fellow SAO supporters!. I'm interested to see the next chapter in this anime as well. Ive cosplayed as Kirito countless times and finally getting the authentic Kirito outfits was one of the most coolest moments of my life, well that, and finally catching Raikou in Pokemon Crystal after a few weeks back when Crystal first came out. Getting the sword was equally impressive but nothing made me enjoy SAO more than that. The characters are what I enjoy in this anime because each of them have such an interesting story. Take Kirito and Asuna, these two are my favourite characters because of how close they are and how they fight together as one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkill482 View Post
    Glad to see fellow SAO supporters!. I'm interested to see the next chapter in this anime as well. Ive cosplayed as Kirito countless times and finally getting the authentic Kirito outfits was one of the most coolest moments of my life, well that, and finally catching Raikou in Pokemon Crystal after a few weeks back when Crystal first came out. Getting the sword was equally impressive but nothing made me enjoy SAO more than that. The characters are what I enjoy in this anime because each of them have such an interesting story. Take Kirito and Asuna, these two are my favourite characters because of how close they are and how they fight together as one.
    if ur a huge asuna fan u wont like Gun Gale as much seeing as shes barely in it :P

Yeah i'd heard something like that, still it should be interesting to see what it'll be about. Anyone read the SAO manga at all?

i dont read the manga. GunGale will be alot more action and alot less romance so if u want that then there ya go

There is meant to be a spin off series focusing on the girls at some stage so I heard
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Quote Originally Posted by latios reborn View Post
    There is meant to be a spin off series focusing on the girls at some stage so I heard
    There's a couple of doujins that focus on the side female characters, but nothing as far as an anime goes.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

oh, they focused on the sides of those females alright :っ)

ok, let me stop

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    oh, they focused on the sides of those females alright :っ)

ok, let me stop
    Not those kind of doujins.... Though those type of doujins totally exist.... Not that I've read them, or anything....
    My Anime List

I didn't like Sword Art Online. You have a pretty enough world and a cool MMORPG setting, but... I can't see anything else to like about it. I don't like beating RPGs easily with my party at level 100 or so, and I didn't like watching Kirito beat everyone easily, pulling some lame deus ex machina whenever things started to look threatening. The battles were pretty dull, too - it was always just flashy move after flashy move with no creativity. The characters were fine, but I took issue with the relationships - I didn't see nearly enough development between Kirito and Asuna to justify the romance. Logically, they balance each other out, but love depends on so much more than cold, hard logic, and I remember watching Kokoro Connect at the same time and marvelling at how one show could make love feel so natural, while another show made it feel anything but. Loads of characters didn't take the "game death = real death" thing seriously, being reckless beyond realistic boundaries. You could invariably tell who the villains were because they all opposed Kirito in some way, even if their motivations were reasonable. And the mini-stories in the first third were too ambitious to make me feel what they intended me to feel, and too disjointed for me to appreciate the grand struggle of Sword Art Online as a whole.

I stuck with the series for 12 episodes in the hope that I've eventually see what was allegedly so good about it, but that was enough for me. And I heard the second half was even worse (goodness knows how)! I mean, is all that an anime needs to be considered great a cool setting, pleasing visuals and a powerful main character with an attractive girlfriend? Because I honestly saw no other redeeming qualities to the show.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I enjoyed it, but more of in "I wish Virtual Reality would be real" kind of thing. I enjoyed the survival aspect of the show too, which mainly drew me in. Then the second half took that part away, focusing it on saving Asuna (who I couldn't care less about). The only reason I watched the second half was purely because of Suguha. She was amazing.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

I liked it before it became an anime. Then came all the fans and then that fairy arc.

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    I liked it before it became an anime. Then came all the fans and then that fairy arc.
    way to be a hipster by ya the fairy arc was meh but i still enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Fairy arc existed before it was an anime though?
    My Anime List

I was disappointed by SAO, it could have been so much better. Overall I gave it like a high 6, or low 7 or something. I mean if it was just the first ark, and a few of the bits in the second, it would be well on it's way to getting a 9 or 10, but yeah. I liked most of the first ark, I enjoyed the first one much more than the second, almost ot the point of wishing that I'd stopped halfway. I didn't like how it turned into     Spoiler:- some:
    for really no reason. I mean I liked all of     Spoiler:- the:
    I thought all of that felt really real, like it would actually happen, if that had actually happened, but I can's say the same for the aforementioned ruiner of the series. When it comes to the romance element, I enjoyed it, I thought it was pretty damn good, and it felt real as well,     Spoiler:- when:
    was cool, I liked that. One of the other things I disliked about it was that fight     Spoiler:- where:
    I hate it when stuff like that happens, it really gets on my nerves, I mean fair enough if it was in the real world, but this is a game, it's numbers, numbers don't have a soul, they don't care. Ah yeah, back to the ending, when whatshisname, the CEO guy     Spoiler:- gets:
    was pretty badass, again, one of those moments that felt real, like it could actually happen, I'm kinda undecided as to whether I'm glad about Kirino's choice, half of me     Spoiler:- wanted:
    but I also wanted him     Spoiler:- to:
    in the end he chose the choice that I hoped he wouldn't pick, but deep down knew he would.
        Spoiler:- games I want:

Click the banner to check out my semi-regularly updated chiptune filled soundcloud.

I enjoyed the whole thing but what i will say is that i tend to slightly favor the first arc in SAO (Aincrad) just a little bit more than Alfheim. My reason is that i didnt quite like the whole flying ability they had in the second world. I liked the battles in the first one a little bit more than in the second world too.