Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Indeed. What should be the best way to make them come back imo is to give 'em an epic match like they did to Sceptile. Now THAT was something. Pidgeot should surely return though, Ash had made a promise, lol!
    Poor pidgeot, most likely starved to death after waiting for ash :P jks lol

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I'd rather not see Infernape be associated with BW right now.
    Why not? he is ash's strongest poke, plus he could help pignite learn flare blitz
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    Why not? he is ash's strongest poke, plus he could help pignite learn flare blitz
    Ok, Ash's strongest pokemon is already on his team right now (wheter it is Charizard or Pikachu is up to personal preference, but it's pretty clear common sense wouldn't pick another pokemon for that position). Infernape is strong... but not THAT strong...

Besides, Pignite isn't even appearing since DA started... I doubt something big will happen to any pokemon right now...

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    I would kill to see infernape return
    He practically had all of DP to himself. He doesn't need more screen-time.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Didn't work at all, but that would only come from non-charizard fans. Why make it worse right at the end by trying to force more old pokemon in?
    I've seen both fans and non-fans of him complain, and with good reason imo. He hasn't done anything noteworthy since his return and it just feels like he's taking up a spot on Ash's team that a neglected Pokemon like Unfezant or Palpitoad should occupy instead. Why the writers brought back a fully developed Pokemon like Charizard just so it would sit there, I have no idea. It can't have been just for ratings because his debut episode's rating was mediocre at best and all subsequent episodes have gotten average to below average ratings as far as I can tell. He didn't do anything during Episode N and DA seems full of random fillers, so I can't see him being used in a major battle.

Meh. All I really care about seeing is charizard. My charizard Hylian was my first pokemon ever. Well, obviously it wasn't a charizard then, but...

All the pokemon are great, I love them all equally! Except for gengar. Gengar is the best. :3

I don't think we need any old Pokemon to return. If I had to choose however, my choices would be Buizel and Butterfree (who is actually coming back!)

They should have brought back heracross. A true beast of a Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    They should have brought back heracross. A true beast of a Pokemon.
    it was pretty cool. i just want to see pokemon he hasn't used in a while or the ones that didn't get much screen time. i am still waiting for kingler to return.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

I've seen both fans and non-fans of him complain, and with good reason imo. He hasn't done anything noteworthy since his return and it just feels like he's taking up a spot on Ash's team that a neglected Pokemon like Unfezant or Palpitoad should occupy instead. Why the writers brought back a fully developed Pokemon like Charizard just so it would sit there, I have no idea. It can't have been just for ratings because his debut episode's rating was mediocre at best and all subsequent episodes have gotten average to below average ratings as far as I can tell. He didn't do anything during Episode N and DA seems full of random fillers, so I can't see him being used in a major battle.
    Possibly to have a reason for him to be in the same movie that mrwtwo returns in.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

Agreed. Fully developed Pokemon don't have the same character dynamics required for a filler episode. It's just weird seeing a Charizard fighting TR no matter people say. This is why the regional team needs more focus. I will wait till Charizard's departure to say if it's return is a waste or not, but for now it is a waste of screen time for Boldore or Palpitoad.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I'd have preferred a short but sweet return for Charizard, perhaps a rival battle with it in or something. Most episodes it is in it doesn't do anything spectacular.

I would have very much preferred several short returns of different old Pokemon of Ash's. Torterra, Gible, Gliscor, Torkoal, Totodile, Muk and Kingler each winning a battle would have been amazing. Plus, there are numerous team members that are shafted and all we see is Oshawott, Oshawott and more Oshawott.

I'm genuinely sad that we won't have a filler saga like OI or BF where there is a small quest where Pokemon can get a few new wins, or like BF or the Sinnoh and Johto leagues where we see a number of older Pokemon being redeemed. Noctowl in the Sinnoh League was a good example of how a little bit of love can make a difference. Is there anyone that doesn't worship either Oshawott or the writers that wouldn't swap 20 episodes in which Oshawott screenhogs and achieves nothing for 3 or 4 episodes where older shafted Pokemon are shown to be competent in battle with a few new moves to boot?

This is what I hope we'll get with Butterfree. A nice episode where it battles under Ash once more and has a few good new moves. It would be SO great for it to meet the old kanto team again, of which Charizard and Pikachu are already on his team. If the writers mess this episode up then I will be really disappointed!
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    I would have very much preferred several short returns of different old Pokemon of Ash's. Torterra, Gible, Gliscor, Torkoal, Totodile, Muk and Kingler each winning a battle would have been amazing. Plus, there are numerous team members that are shafted and all we see is Oshawott, Oshawott and more Oshawott.
    Same here. I would have preferred if the writers focused more on the Unova Pokemon (reserves included) during BW(2) and give us short but significative and memorable returns of older Pokemon during DA.

As much as I'd like to see older Pokemon, I have to agree with the people who don't want returns. It's better if they give more focus on the Unova Pokemon, before moving on with XY.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I'll be interested to see if anything comes with their inevitable docking in Vermilion City.. Squirtle and Ambipom are both there after all, are they not?

Squirtle and Ambipom would be amazing!
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

I'd actually really like there to be some kind of mishap as the ferry comes into dock at Vermillion harbour, thus requiring the local fire brigade (aka, the Squirtle Squad) to come and assist.. It's highly unlikely I know, but still it would be a great way to bring the little guy in for some short-term marketing and it could give us an interesting episode to boot.

Ambipom? Even less likely, but who knows? After all, they did go through the trouble of specifically mentioning her future location when she left..

When it comes down to it, we've just got to remember that they're showing us BUTTERFREE of all Pokémon, so anything is possible really. I'm surprised they didn't conveniently have Lapras return to take them around the new archipelago.

So yeah, Squirtle, Ambipom, Pidgeot, Primeape, Lapras? I'm prepared for anything now.. Except Haunter, poor Haunter..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'd actually really like there to be some kind of mishap as the ferry comes into dock at Vermillion harbour, thus requiring the local fire brigade (aka, the Squirtle Squad) to come and assist.. It's highly unlikely I know, but still it would be a great way to bring the little guy in for some short-term marketing and it could give us an interesting episode to boot.

Ambipom? Even less likely, but who knows? After all, they did go through the trouble of specifically mentioning her future location when she left..

When it comes down to it, we've just got to remember that they're showing us BUTTERFREE of all Pokémon, so anything is possible really. I'm surprised they didn't conveniently have Lapras return to take them around the new archipelago.

So yeah, Squirtle, Ambipom, Pidgeot, Primeape, Lapras? I'm prepared for anything now.. Except Haunter, poor Haunter..
    Haunter was technically not ash's anyway he befriended him like how the 1st Frontier Brain in BF befriended Articuno but didn't capture.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

I would hope his Buizel returns. He was awesome.

I think Ash's Unova team needs more development. Though, I would really like to see ONE of Ash's water starters evolve, even if it's just to their middle stage. I'd also like Pidgeot, Primeape, and Gliscor to make a couple of closure cameos. Basically, I'd like opportunities for Pokemon that didn't get much screen time and even if they did, never got to evolve. Ash's Unova team should be developed first though.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Possibly to have a reason for him to be in the same movie that mrwtwo returns in.
    Do we know if he'll have a major role in the movie though? Unless he's battling against the Genesect, which already seems unlikely given Mewtwo's presence, I can't see what else he would do. It just seems redundant for a Pokemon to come back if it's not going to do anything. Which is why I'm against old Pokemon returning for more than one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Do we know if he'll have a major role in the movie though? Unless he's battling against the Genesect, which already seems unlikely given Mewtwo's presence, I can't see what else he would do. It just seems redundant for a Pokemon to come back if it's not going to do anything. Which is why I'm against old Pokemon returning for more than one episode.
    I am willing to vouch for the opinion that Charizard will hardly be doing anything in the movie. It might be in the poster, but I highly doubt it will at least appear let alone have a good battle.

<--My tumblr

\

Seems like a waste of time. He isn't training Charizard for anything specifically and the thing barely shows up as is. If that's the standard for what returning Pokemon is, then I'd rather them not come back at all.

It just stinks of "A last ditch effort to cater to old fans".
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I've been really happy with Charizard's return.. namely his interaction with Pignite. Even though he's done little outside of that, he's still been enjoyable to me.

Old Pokémon returning and interacting with new team members is always a great idea in my book, even if they add very little to the overall plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Well, there are the other 4 genesects too, so it's possible he could battle one, along with dragonite to another one. Other than that, the only thing could be Ash like flying around on him to get somewhere like in movie 3.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Ash should go back to the Unova League at the end and win it. Then we can call him a Pokemon Master and Gen 6 can have a new guy in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I've been really happy with Charizard's return.. namely his interaction with Pignite. Even though he's done little outside of that, he's still been enjoyable to me.

Old Pokémon returning and interacting with new team members is always a great idea in my book, even if they add very little to the overall plot.
    Ah, I had overseen one good thing that happened since Charizard returned. The brief interactions with Pignite were good. Man, I need more of their bromanship.

<--My tumblr

\

im pretty sure that where ever region ash goes too, at least one of his old pokemon will show up. happens every saga.

~ Excalibuuuuuur, Excalibuuuuur, from the United King, i'm looking for her, i'm going to Californiaaa~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast