Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

Oh Torterra was strong, I was one of his defender when yes people were saying he got weaker after evolving, like he would have beaten Hippowdown, Electrivire or Drapion as a Turtwig or Grotle, the writers didn't pay attention and just forgot to give it a win but like I said, nothing came off as strong as Infernape that was my point even though powerlevels vary as it is needed plot wise.

I would mind 2 episodes about the lab and the pokemon actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Oh Torterra was strong, I was one of his defender when yes people were saying he got weaker after evolving, like he would have beaten Hippowdown, Electrivire or Drapion as a Turtwig or Grotle, the writers didn't pay attention and just forgot to give it a win but like I said, nothing came off as strong as Infernape that was my point even though powerlevels vary as it is needed plot wise.

Yeah, the novelty will be lost after the first episode lol. Just a couple of scenes will be more than enough to keep half the fandom on Serebiiforums happy. The rest half will always be complaining anyway.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I'm not convinced butterfree is returning. based off the pictures released it looks like Ash meets a new Caterpie which reminds him of Butterfree and he reminisces, but I'm not sure Butterfree is actually coming back. I don't want people to get their hopes up to be disappointed because it might not happen.

Personally I would like to see Gible come back even if just for one battle, maybe against Iris (Dragon V dragon) and evolve during said battle. I can really see Ash with a Gabite and it really needs to happen. Also Kingler making a return, even if only for one battle, is long overdue. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we only ever seen him battle once?

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we only ever seen him battle once?
    Three times. Twice in the Indigo league and vs Misty in the whirl cup

I just wanna see Torterra come back and win a battle

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

Yeah it was ridiculous. It should have had a first win against Volkner, then get beat by Electivire, get something in the Giant Claydol filler with Flint's brother(forget his name), starring in a League Battle, and showing off its defensive training

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Ash sucks, randomly remembers charizard, and brings him back, and is getting a flashback butterfree episode, but he sees a croconaw and isn't the slightest bit tempted to bring my little 'Dile back? GREAT TO SEE WHERE YOUR PRIORITIES ARE ASH!
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Ash sucks, randomly remembers charizard, and brings him back, and is getting a flashback butterfree episode, but he sees a croconaw and isn't the slightest bit tempted to bring my little 'Dile back? GREAT TO SEE WHERE YOUR PRIORITIES ARE ASH!
    What nostalgic moments does he even have for totodile anyway? Getting to see him beat kingdra by giving it a....well, by "blowing" it up.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    What nostalgic moments does he even have for totodile anyway? Getting to see him beat kingdra by giving it a....well, by "blowing" it up.
    Hey, Totodile is amazing. I'm sure if Croconaw danced on the corpse of his enemies then he would remember him. But Why be mad Ash doesnt always remember old pokemon in his journey's. If I thought that I could yell and fuss at why didnt he mention Misty's Azurill when he saw Azumarill.....

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Hey, Totodile is amazing. I'm sure if Croconaw danced on the corpse of his enemies then he would remember him. But Why be mad Ash doesnt always remember old pokemon in his journey's. If I thought that I could yell and fuss at why didnt he mention Misty's Azurill when he saw Azumarill.....
    Ash recognizes a lot of Old Pokemon including the one he dexes. He will say 'Ah, it's [insert Pokemon name] and then dexes. If Ash references every single Pokemon that appears you will be seeing him referencing him in almost every episode. Rotom was the only exception because it is rare. You see Pokemon like Azumarill everywhere and you don't expect him to reference that. Just imagine Ash doing that every single episode...yes it does seem silly, right?

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I think it's great that they're letting his older Pokémon return, for both continuity/nostalgia and entertainment value. I'd be glad to see his Bulbasaur and Squirtle if possible.
    Extended White 2 Team

White 2 Friend Code: 2624 0604 4045

Maybe his Swellow will appear because it appears in the toy set, but I doubt it is Ash's.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

I want a Pidgeot cameo. Pidgeotto was always my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina's Doll View Post
    I want a Pidgeot cameo. Pidgeotto was always my favorite.
    Honestly, it's about damn time we got one. That's the really big thing that needs some closure, imo. I don't even want Pidgeot back that badly, but I at least want Ash to leave it FOR GOOD, not just say "we'll come back for you". I want there to be some mention, some communication. Something. It's been almost 15 literal years.
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 10th June 2013 at 5:28 AM.

Ash did mention Pidgeot in Falkner's Gym back in Johto....but that episode aired back in 2001.

Yeah. I'm surprised they even brought it up back then because when Ash came back from Orange Islands he didn't even look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    I just wanna see Torterra come back and win a battle
    Oh, I totally forgot that my good sis Torterra never won a battle after it evolved into that form. To be honest, I don't think it should be mandatory for old Pokemon to return just so they can redeem themselves. It just feels like a cop-out on the writers' parts to fix mistakes that they're responsible for in the first place. I mean maybe if they hadn't glorified Infernape in DP, Torterra could've gotten more screen-time and therefore a win. But it's too late to solve that issue now. Anyway, imo, a Pokemon should only return if it's popular because then said Pokemon would boost ratings, which would help keep the show on the air longer.

Ash said he would come back, but it's not like we don't know where he is. As long as he is protecting the pidgeys in kanto, then ash can go back anytime. I agree at some point it does need a closure though, only because besides primape, And possibly butterfree still, it is the only to not get a finale.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

This is what I do love about the anime. Mention of Ash's old mates returning and everyone has a different idea, but they all could be mint. I've seen Primeape, Pidgeot, Kingler, Torterra, Gible, etc, bring it on!

I personally want Ash's old Pokemon. Like Muk, Glalie, Torterra, Kingler and others to appear in the Kalos League and/or the battle frontier/orange islands esque arc after the leagues if there is one.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

bring my infernape back
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/nathan/Downloads/dedenne.png[/IMG] iris : such a egg badges : Hana Badge.
    I keep my friend in my heart as close as gold when my soul truns silver and my memories are alway black and white i love everone xtraspecial my road was platuim and sappirie and voloconos were fire red grass leafgreen

I want ash's empoleon to return. OH wait… he never got one.
    anyway, I'm never too hopeful for his old mons returning so whenever we do get one, it's super exciting. I remember being extremely stoked when i saw him bring phanpy back for Kanto BF. But if there were any that i would like to see, it would be torterra, gible, gliscor, buizel and corphish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

The worst part is that they made Ash go back to Kanto, go through Viridian Forest, and they STILL didn't bring Pidgeot up, like what the actual ****.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The worst part is that they made Ash go back to Kanto, go through Viridian Forest, and they STILL didn't bring Pidgeot up, like what the actual ****.
    Yeah, it sucks.

Battle Frontier was the perfect opportunity for MANY references, returns and past characters to return. The completely bodged it up with boring fillers in my opinion, however the actual frontier brain battles were good and Ash's Old Team got a lot of screentime which is good.

The key things I really wanted to see was Pidgeot return, and Sabrina with Haunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Every pokemon he sees he doesn't need to bring back. He remembers them. That should at least be better than not remembering them.

My ideal battle ever!

I'd like to see gliscor again
    I loved him so much
    I was so sad when ash left him,
    I'd like confirmation of its whereabouts
    I'm hoping that it made its way to oak and is waiting for the lab episode

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast