Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

Imo, it seems obvious that the writers only brought back some of Ash's old Pokemon because they want to boost ratings. After all, fan service is always a good way to gain viewership. As for whether we'll see more of them, I highly doubt it. It just seems very unlikely that the writers care about or even remember Pokemon like Lapras or Pidgeot.

Technically Ash had a reunion with Lapras before so I don't know if that'll be the case. but yeah it looks like they're doing quite a number on fan service

I don't think any of his old Pokemon returning would make a difference. Charizard returned, but the ratings didn't increase or anything. Maybe writers have noticed, but most people overall didn't really give a damn about most of the BW characters except for a few hardcore BW fans. I doubt most of the fans of the show even care about old characters returning at this point, because they've given up on the anime. But I doubt writers would act on it as they probably would make another episode about Axew getting lost again or Oshawott acting like Psyduck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Imo, it seems obvious that the writers only brought back some of Ash's old Pokemon because they want to boost ratings. After all, fan service is always a good way to gain viewership. As for whether we'll see more of them, I highly doubt it. It just seems very unlikely that the writers care about or even remember Pokemon like Lapras or Pidgeot.
    Have you seen the last ending? The writers remember Lapras and Pidgeot, and every other pokemon and character they've made and used in their own anime. It'd be weird if they (the people who write the anime for living) forget something like that while we (the fans) don't.

Ash's released Pokemon returning to Ash's roster is practically the only thing that could possibly redeem this disgraceful saga.

In before a certain user saying 'stop insulting the beautiful writers, this saga is not disgraceful. Stop it. I worship the ground the writers walk on.'
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

I hope no more of any of Ash's old Pokemon return, no point in them coming back especially when Ash has a plentiful amount of Unova members that don't get enough battles and screen time as it is. Scraggy for example hasn't been seen since the Unova League and hasn't gotten a real lengthy battle since gaining a tie against Chris's Larvitar. I'd much rather see more of him than the writers bringing back older Pokemon, we have Charizard back and even I feel like his presence is largely unneeded and flimsy at best given he hardly does anything. Scraggy, Snivy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, there quite a few of Ash's current Pokemon I want to see again.

I think we are mostly seeing those guys in the lab if we get an episode, otherwise I'm assuming Scraggy will appear once atleast because hes in the ending but the others I'm not sure.

I want snorlax to come back. He would make all of Unova his bi***.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I want snorlax to come back. He would make all of Unova his bi***.
    How does he make a country/region his *****? but they aren't in said region anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    How does he make a country/region his *****? but they aren't in said region anymore anyway.
    Sit on the local ruler. Watch them fall on their knees. Profit. Profit of the ***** variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Isn't everything about ratings though, at the end of the day? The show is created to market games, merch and get tv ratings. Of course everything they do if for ratings. Everything. Which makes them look dumb as hell because there are SO MANY obvious things fans would love but they never do. Hnnng
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

IMO the returning of Butterfree/Charizard reeks to me as a marketing device to boost ratings. There were so many obvious things they shouldn't have done during BW, so unlike AG/DP, they needed to take the extra steps to bring back old Pokemon, have them occupy one episode, and do nothing (Charizard), rather than develop the really underdeveloped Unova team. Though I'm kind of glad to see Butterfree :3

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I would kill to see infernape return
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    Indeed. What should be the best way to make them come back imo is to give 'em an epic match like they did to Sceptile. Now THAT was something. Pidgeot should surely return though, Ash had made a promise, lol!

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    IMO the returning of Butterfree/Charizard reeks to me as a marketing device to boost ratings. There were so many obvious things they shouldn't have done during BW, so unlike AG/DP, they needed to take the extra steps to bring back old Pokemon, have them occupy one episode, and do nothing (Charizard), rather than develop the really underdeveloped Unova team. Though I'm kind of glad to see Butterfree :3
    Charizard didn't even work all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Charizard didn't even work all that well.
    Didn't work at all, but that would only come from non-charizard fans. Why make it worse right at the end by trying to force more old pokemon in?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I'd love for Ash to get back Butterfree, Lapras, Pidgeot, Ambipom, Primeape and Squirtle and catch Larvitar during this saga, but, can't see it happening...
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Didn't work at all, but that would only come from non-charizard fans. Why make it worse right at the end by trying to force more old pokemon in?
    Seems to me like its the other way around, the Charizard fans are the ones complaining he isn't doing "anything", I'm not on that boat and I'm happy with him, apparently anything for you guys is just battles.

Ignoring Charizard fans its the people that complain about just about everything.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 24th May 2013 at 3:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Wouldn;t that defeat the purpose since Pokemon is mostly in the adventure genre?
    Where you battle frequently and become a badass champion.. Alas.. Were apparently moving into Sims territory with c-customization.. -.-

Edit: Wouldn't be so surprised to see them all at Oaks (except Lapras and Pidgeot), because they've retconned the hell out of OS anyway..
    Last edited by Locormus; 24th May 2013 at 7:05 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Where you battle frequently and become a badass champion.. Alas.. Were apparently moving into Sims territory with c-customization.. -.-

Edit: Wouldn't be so surprised to see them all at Oaks (except Lapras and Pidgeot), because they've retconned the hell out of OS anyway..
    Why, Professor Oak himself is returning! What if some Pokemon from his lab return, too? That reminds me... in one episode of the Diamond and Pearl Series, several of Ash's Pokemon were released into the wild. (They were just let out, Ash still owned them.) This may imply that they will return to older Pokemon in this series, too.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    I'd rather not see Infernape be associated with BW right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    i agree. it was featured a lot and some of his current pokemon need more screen time as is. (i'm looking at you palpitoad.) i want his current team to have the screen time they deserve. i like seeing his old pokemon, but if that means his new ones don't get seen then i'm not too happy.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

What the problem with the customization? not like we didn't have that in Hoenn for example with the secret base, it just adds another thing to do ingame which is always good and its optional like contests, or musicals were, it doesn't stop you from completing your main story mission which like you said, win gym and the league.

You are really going to keep the whole, Charizard was at Oak thing it seems.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 24th May 2013 at 11:16 PM.

I actually would have preferred it if they would have focused more on developing his Unova team since some pokemon had it bad in the league and no real training done lately.

My ideal battle ever!

I agree, they'll probably make him lose to emolga or something.

Let's see, from Ash's pokemon, these are the ones that were on the team for the largest number of episodes:

1-Pikachu: 789 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh, Unova, Decolora Islands)

2-Bulbasaur: 222 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn -one episode-, Kanto -2 episodes Battle Frontier- )

3-Swellow: 190 (Hoenn, Sinnoh -one episode League- )

4-Staraptor: 189 (Sinnoh)

5-Sceptile: 187 (Hoenn, Sinnoh -one episode League- )

6-Bayleef: 148 (Johto, Sinnoh -one episode- )

7-Charizard: 147 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Kanto -4 episode Battle Frontier-, Unova- 147 till episode 789)

8-Squirtle: 142 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Kanto -2 episodes Battle Frontier- )

9-Oshawott: 126 (Unova, Decolora Islands -126 till episode 789-)

Well, that's the top 9 (too lazy to make it ten xD) . Oshawott is the one that have been on the team for most episodes in Unova, Swellow and Staraptor in Hoenn and Sinnoh respectively, the original four (Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur and Squirtle) have been in a lot of episodes (Bulbasaur is the one who has been the most time with Ash aside Pikachu), and finally Sceptile is there representing the majority of the Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemons that probably had more episodes on the team than Bayleef (the most in Johto) and Charizard.

Don't know exactly why I did this, it's just curious. I really really hope Ash brings back another old pokemon, at least for an episode of it doing something. A tournament where he uses some of them would be great. People that says the Unova team needs it more, this is the only time of a series when the older pokemon get to return! This is the post-league part of the series, Unova mons aren't the priority anymore since they aren't even in Unova to begin with.
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 25th May 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast