Thread: How is my pokemon deck

Default How is my pokemon deck

Basically, my deck revolves around getting damage counters on my opponents Pokemon fairly quickly

Pokemon: 16
    ---------------

3x Litwick(noble victories)
    1x Lampent(noble victories)
    3x Chandelure(noble victories)
    2x Zubat(plasma storm)
    1x Golbat(plasma storm)
    2x Crobat(plasma storm)
    1x Mr. Mime(plasma freeze)
    2x Mewtwo EX(promo)
    1x Keldeo EX(promo)

Trainers: 30
    ---------------

4x N
    2x Cilan
    3x Skyla
    2x Juniper
    4x Rare Candy
    2x Virbank
    3x Hypnotoxic Laser
    2x Ultra Ball
    3x Float Stone
    2x Max Potion
    1x Switch
    2x Super Rod

Energy: 13
    -----------------

5x Water Energy
    4x Psychic Energy
    4x Double Colorless Energy

would this deck be any good for competitive play?

Um, it's rough around the edges, you wouldn't/would get far (based off of you're matchups), because from what I can tell you understand deck consistency and structure to a point, you need 2-3 more supporters minimum (9-10 in total) for draw/re-draw consistency alot more often, cards such as (good call on the 4 N), more juniper, colress, cheren, bianca, greatly improve being able to make comebacks much quicker mid to late game and/or the ability to try and get setup faster.

Now as for the pokemon, corbat, mewtwo, mr mime and keldeo are the only pokemon which are useful in competitive play. For crobat you need 3-4 virbank, 2 is a tech call for decks that just add it in, which is posted on alot of forums where then go 4-2 htl-virbank because its a card used as a tech for the easy ohko but this is that major focal point in running the deck, so being able to play out virbank asap by increasing the amount is always a good measure to take (that and frozen city) chandi used to be in competitive, but it lost so much ground because it's a stage 2 evo line which isn't supposed to be a tech, if only it could be an EX, it would be hacked.

I do have a question, did you competitively play for another card game before pokemon?

Oh and wrong place for you're tread.
    Last edited by ven?; 22nd May 2013 at 5:41 PM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I recommend going 3-3 crobat and do 2-2 chandelure. I think the ultra toxic fang should be more importent then chandelure because he is more of a half tech half attacker then a full blown attacker. Add 3-4 more supports (juniper and some colress) That is about it (As also said by ven?)
    Need help with the pokemon TCG? Hit me up with a message

could put in keldeo EX and float stone with switch.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

you have two routes here. Neither of them should you expect to do fantastically with. you could run chandelure with keldeo and float stone. But then you'd need a lot more switches. This probably isn't as good an idea. Or, you can run straight crobat. If you were to run crobat, deoxys EX as well as mewtwo EX would be great companions for the deck. I don't really agree with ven's point though. if you could run through stadium's like you can hypnotoxics or plus powers id say go for it. But it isn't the case. Topdecking a virbank with another in hand will not be fun. But having two will save you stress from 1 being prized, and can boot a counter stadium one time.

Your list building skills are actually not too bad. Theres only a few issues I see.

1) Cilan is not a good supporter in this deck. You have no acceleration like emboar or blastoise, so it ends up clogging your hand.
    2) You run purely psychic pokemon albeit keldeo, yet you run more waters than psychic for a single keldeo. its not likely keldeo should be attacking, and if he is youre probably in a bad spot. he's more for utility in terms of switching, and with a float stone up on him you can send in any attacker you please. I would change those all to psychic. Unless you have a heavy landorus population, then run like, 2 water for the ohko.
    3) Max potion is an amazing card. I lit up the first time I read it. But it only works well when A) you can move energy off of a pokemon B) The pokemon has very little energy cost(landorus, garchomp, empoleon) C) you can very simply get that energy back[still risky](Keldeo/blastoise).

Great to see some new faces around here and I hope your building goes well! Cheers! Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa