Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ice ruins and project f

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I love the people who are saying "It's a reference to the games" as an excuse.
    The writers don't even need an excuse to do whatever they want. Even in the games, the Plasma scientists in N's Castle said that they were going to hack the Storage System with the intention of stealing every Pokémon that was stored there, but that plan never materialized.

If they were referencing the games they would've said they were going to the giant chasm next.
    Nevermind the fact that the White Ruins are just an expansion of the Dragonspiral Tower area. It's logical to assume that the Ice Ruins are connected to the Giant Chasm.

And Project f definitely isn't a reference. These are anime exclusive things.
    And you know this how? To quote The Great Butler: "Actual details were given on it - that it involved gathering resources in East Unova, which could fit with the construction of the Plasma Frigate."
    Last edited by Kein; 23rd May 2013 at 5:49 PM.

TP has no reason to even be making the Frigate in the anime for starters. It was created to harness Kyurem's powers. Guess which Pokemon is absent from episode N completely.

And my point still stands. Why would they make references that have nothing to do with the games they are referencing. Project F and the ice ruins are not in the games. What was stopping them from mentioning the frigate and the giant chasm directly? The anime does not make the smart references, it's a small kids show after all.

And the white ruins were made to mirror the black ruins we saw in early BW.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

... don't we already know the majority of the titles for Da?

I figured that if they were doing something big with one of the respective teams they would've mentioned it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    it feels to me like desperation more than speculation...
    animespoilers.txt

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    I wish we'd gotten an episode about that. And episodes with Shauntal, Grimsley and Marshall. I hate it when they do all these random episodes like in DA! instead of episodes with interesting characters with a good back story like the E4, Benga, Shadow Triad. So much wasted potential there. Could've been some very interesting episodes that could be way better than a lot of the fillers we've had.
    It's always been like that though. Always. All the way from Kanto. So it's kinda pointless to even make note about it at this point.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    ... don't we already know the majority of the titles for Da?

I figured that if they were doing something big with one of the respective teams they would've mentioned it by now.
    We know a lot of them yes. But a few people, including myself, have been thinking something big has to go down by the end of DA!. DA! will have the ending of BW in it so you would think they would try something big to finish it off.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    It's always been like that though. Always. All the way from Kanto. So it's kinda pointless to even make note about it at this point.
    Always? No not all. DP gave me hope that in BW Ash'd meet all the E4 members and got to learn about the backgrounds (plus characters from the games like Buck, Cheryl, Marley, Riley and Mira all got an episode. Unlike many gen 5 game characters.) So it's not pointless to make a note about this. It's definitely wasted potential, just like Team Plasma's storyline with all the loops. BW is just sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Always? No not all. DP gave me hope that in BW Ash'd meet all the E4 members and got to learn about the backgrounds (plus characters from the games like Buck, Cheryl, Marley, Riley and Mira all got an episode. Unlike many gen 5 game characters.) So it's not pointless to make a note about this. It's definitely wasted potential, just like Team Plasma's storyline with all the loops. BW is just sloppy.
    There was still a lot of fillers in DP that could've been used to further flesh out game, rival or any other important characters. But yeah DP has come closest in making good use of them.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I don't think a movie can be canonized beforehand, UNLESS there was a stated line that said they are going to New Tork City in order to stop the Genesect Army. But there wasn't, and thus the movie is not canonized prior to the airing, and might in fact never be officially. Yes, they are connected, but it doesn't need to be seen as canon.
    So the scans specifically advertising their appearance in Chapter of N as being a pre-movie appearance are meaningless?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I think the purpose of this line is to show that team plasma are a large organisation while referencing so events of b2w2. There isn't enough time to actually show these events but by putting these lines it makes it seem that team plasma do a lot more than is shown onscreen.

I highly doubt that was real foreshadowing, more like random tidbits of dialog. I believe TVtropes covers them in detail with dub induced plothole or something. BW2 was so yesterday, its unlikely that kyurem will get coverage anyways besides he got a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    unlikely that kyurem will get coverage anyways besides he got a movie.
    So did Celebi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Latios, Latias and Jirachi. Yet they were all important in the Anime at later point.

Battle with Kyurem would be an awesome way to end Best Wishes!

It would be great to have Ash and friends(including his previous travelling companions, you know, the Da! ending) vs Kyurem and Team Plasma, and Project F wasn't mentioned for no reason, so there is a chance for it to happen. I still doubt it's gonna happen though since they're busy promoting Gen 6 and M16.

Project F might have fallen to Team Rocket. Since I have a feeling that a Team Rocket climax might be in DA or right before XY anime involving Zekrom and Kyurem!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Kyurem appearing in the anime is HIGHLY unlikely. They are not in UNOVA anymore. An Unovan legendary Pokemon appearing in Kanto will make the least sense.

Project F was only mentioned as a stupid reference to BW2 games and to show us that Ghetsis is doing something while sitting in his office. Because him sitting in that damn HQ makes no sense if White Ruins is the only project under his control. If he has a couple of stuff to look over, having a secret HQ would make sense.

Cedric Juniper referencing Ice Ruins is only a way to conclude his character's screen time by telling that he is a busy man and has a new project to take over.

Let's use LOGIC, Kyurem won't appear any time soon. If Kyurem does appear in Kanto, then that would be the biggest plot-convenience ever. It won't happen.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Kyurem appearing in the anime is HIGHLY unlikely. They are not in UNOVA anymore. An Unovan legendary Pokemon appearing in Kanto will make the least sense.

Project F was only mentioned as a stupid reference to BW2 games and to show us that Ghetsis is doing something while sitting in his office. Because him sitting in that damn HQ makes no sense if White Ruins is the only project under his control. If he has a couple of stuff to look over, having a secret HQ would make sense.

Cedric Juniper referencing Ice Ruins is only a way to conclude his character's screen time by telling that he is a busy man and has a new project to take over.

Let's use LOGIC, Kyurem won't appear any time soon. If Kyurem does appear in Kanto, then that would be the biggest plot-convenience ever. It won't happen.
    Well it would make sense while Team Rocket was in Unova or the DA islands Giovonni sent some of his high ranked agents to capture Kyurem or the Meteonite they found lured Kyurem to Kanto and they captured Kyurem by using the meteonite to weaken it.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Jirachi confirmed to come from the Decorola islands

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Jirachi confirmed to come from the Decorola islands
    Jirach is an entirely different case. Rotom ans Jirachi are like Celebi, they are not major legendaries and needn't be unique. But stuff like Dialga, Reshiram are unique.

<--My tumblr

\

Jirach is an entirely different case. Rotom ans Jirachi are like Celebi, they are not major legendaries and needn't be unique. But stuff like Dialga, Reshiram are unique.
    May I remind you that Lugia appeared in the Orange Islands. It is also one of the major legendaries of the Johto Region. I don't see anything wrong with putting a legendary Pokemon at a different location.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Quote Originally Posted by Akuroma View Post
    May I remind you that Lugia appeared in the Orange Islands. It is also one of the major legendaries of the Johto Region. I don't see anything wrong with putting a legendary Pokemon at a different location.
    So are you implying that there are more than one Reshiram in the anime? That breaks the whole legend itself. I'm still baffled about Lugia of course, I find it a ******** move on the anime's part.

If Kyurem does appear in Kanto (without TR's help as someone suggested the Meteonite theory) and is not unique, then the anime writers have done the worst thing possible.

<--My tumblr

\

So are you implying that there are more than one Reshiram in the anime? That breaks the whole legend itself. I'm still baffled about Lugia of course, I find it a ******** move on the anime's part.

If Kyurem does appear in Kanto (without TR's help as someone suggested the Meteonite theory) and is not unique, then the anime writers have done the worst thing possible.
    No, I did not say that, but if the writers did do that, then that specific Pokemon would have something to do with the plot itself. Do you remember that evil Togepi episode where Rayquaza was shown flying in space? That's another example. The anime itself was never equal to the games. The writers can make anything up, but it has to be consistent, if you get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuroma View Post
    No, I did not say that, but if the writers did do that, then that specific Pokemon would have something to do with the plot itself. Do you remember that evil Togepi episode where Rayquaza was shown flying in space? That's another example. The anime itself was never equal to the games. The writers can make anything up, but it has to be consistent, if you get what I mean.
    Ok, but I think that Kyurem appearing wouldn't make much sense. Usually Kyurem implies Reshiram and Zekrom, but those two are still in Unova as far as we know. The most believable thing I can think of Kyurem is if the plot is set in Mount Moon (remember the meteorite/Moon Stone? It could be related with the meteorite in-game), but even then it would be far-fetched.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

people have no problem believing Ashs butterfree can Travel to another region yet find it impossible for Kyurem to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Ok, but I think that Kyurem appearing wouldn't make much sense. Usually Kyurem implies Reshiram and Zekrom, but those two are still in Unova as far as we know. The most believable thing I can think of Kyurem is if the plot is set in Mount Moon (remember the meteorite/Moon Stone? It could be related with the meteorite in-game), but even then it would be far-fetched.
    Or, the writers could make a new location up like what they did with the two-parter revolving Groudon and Kyogre. And another thing, Ho-oh appeared in Kanto, which is also another main legendary that debuted in another region.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    people have no problem believing Ashs butterfree can Travel to another region yet find it impossible for Kyurem to do the same?
    Agreed. There are so many examples I can list, but some people just won't accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Problem is that Kyurem is stationary and is related to Lacunosa Town (with the whole man-eating monster legends). Unless they decide to place Lacunosa in the DA archipelago or similar is still hard to believe.

Butterfree is another matter. Real life butterflies can travel for various kilometers (Monarch butterflies can travel for 2,000 miles every year for their migration), so that doesn't surprise me.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast