View Poll Results: Does the original battery still work in your Gen 1 Cartridge?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 80.33%
  • No

12 19.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who still has an original working battery?

I have my Blue since it was out, and still have the original save.
    My Gold, I need to change its battery a year ago.

My Reds battery works great. Playing it right now on a re run. Picked Charmander of course.

Shines I own/owned: Drifblim, Golurk, Bannette

Help me hatch my above eggs! ^

My Red, Yellow, both Silvers work.

I have a Gold version that won't save for whatever reason.

Mine are all dead

Last year, I wanted to play pokemon red and I didn't know the battery was dead but I fixed it. My Pokemon gold still works after 2
    Years
    Big Mudkip Fan

Yep my Red versions battery still works fine I just tried it after it collected dust for 5 years and everything works perfectly. Too bad that the same can't be said about other games

My RBY batteries were still working last I checked though I can't help thinking my blue probably is closest to dying due to how the save slightly corrupted. I haven't dared looked at it since though..........

Put together by me.

Knock on wood I'm pretty sure my Red version still has my save file. My Crystal version is gone though

Granted, I don't have my original copy from back in the day. The one I bought works perfectly fine though.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Yellow, Silver, and Crystal are still working.

Gold doesn't save and 1 Red doesn't save, at least I have 1 Red that does

My Red, Blue and Yellow batteries still work. I'm kinda worried about my Blue version though. Being my first game it's also the one I played the most.
    My gold's battery is dead but fortunately I still have crystal. And for some weird reason my Sapphire's battery is also dead.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

My Yellow and Blue did fine (couldnt find Red), i had to set the time again for Silver and Gold (couldnt find my stepdad's Silver) and after that it worked. Even though i doubt that i used 3 lvl 30-ish pokemon a lvl 50~ Articuno and a lvl 75 Mewtwo to beat the Elite Four... So i guess there has been some weird things going on
    Replaying all Pokémon starting at Gen 4 to get as many Pokemon for X & Y

Pokémon i need

P

Well, I dont think so...My yellow just plain stopped working so......not exactly sure what the problem was there......
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

All of my first gen games still save, as far as I know.
    All of my second gen games are fried, though. I think it's because of the clock feature that was implemented in the game, like the others had said. I'm going to get the batteries replaced, though. I was so heartbroken when I tried to play Crystal a few years ago and the file was gone.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

My red was still working a few weeks ago when I decided to fix the battery. (it was not out of power)

My gold and silver both had died. Reason why gold & silver had is because they both have a clock that drains the save. They last about 6 years. Red & blue from what I read should last 10- 20 years.

Luckly they are easy to fix and possible to keep the save (as i did with my red) if you know the gameboy/gameboy color trick.
    ~Gen 1 will always be the best.~

Red, Green, Blue, Yellow... Red & Blue & Yellow

Yes, I have a Blue cartridge, but to be honest, I'm really surprised that it still works, what with me glitch in it out so badly. Really surprising, though I can't complain.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

My Silver version bit the dust a few years back so I was forced to get a new one, but my Pokemon Blue is still going strong surprisingly, 15 years after I got the game. And I was six when I first played it so you can imagine I was playing the heck out of this.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

My blue cartridge still works, but I lost my gameboy charger. D:
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

My main Red version's battery finally died. I was going to play it last night just for fun, but the save file was deleted and I had to start a new game. I have another Red version that still works, but this one had all my best Gen 1 Pokemon on it including several level 100 Pokemon and a Mew that I got via the Mew glitch. I'm pressed to be honest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12