Thread: Stupid gyrados

Default Stupid gyrados

Does anyone know a good gyrados moveset? I dont wanna do the smogon ones cuz those ones are a litte bit too competitive for me. ( i already. Taught earthwuake to my salamance)
    Here it is...

Gyrados. Lvl 48

Moveset
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Return
    Bite

Nature: Naive
    spiritomb with wonderguard........ ugh..,

Replace Ice Beam with Blizzard

Replace bite with crunch.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Gyarados is better with physical moves.

Dragon Dance (to set up)
    Waterfall (STAB + chance of flinch, also one of the best physical water moves)
    Earthquake (To deal with electric types. if you've had the chance to dragon dance enough you can outspeed and KO them)
    Outrage (huge damage to most of the game)

I know you said you didn't want to do a competitive moveset, but tbh if that's the case, you may as well teach it anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    During your experience at SPPf, there is unfortunatley no protection or clause that states "Mods shall not be bitchy."
    That's right... I AM KIRA

3DS Friend code: 3351 4126 2678
    PM me your code if you add mine. Mainly up for Mario Kart 7 but don't mind other suggested games if I have them!

Your best bet is to teach it Physical moves which are not STAB, unless you can handle its horrible Special Attack, as all Water type moves in this gen belong to the special movepool, regardless of how the attack is executed. Like Earthquake for instance. Or teach it Hydro Pump if you are so inclined.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.