Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: To Catch a Rotom! (789)

Default To Catch a Rotom! (789)

Rotom VS Professor Oak!

Having learned that Professor Oak is to be on a nearby island, Ash & Co. decide to stop by to help him with his research. On the island, they learn it is filled with the Pokémon, Rotom, and Professor Oak is on the island to fully research Rotom's special form changes. As they arrive in the area, they soon find three Rotom and try to see what electricity the Rotom enjoy. However, Rotom soon decides to change its form and starts to cause chaos. Will Professor Oak get what he needs, or will Team Rocket stop him from fulfilling his research?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Do note that if you're to make a commentary post, characters like é bring up a glitch when editing your post atm.

The episodes starts with Ash and co. on the ship, before last weeks Parker comes to talk to them about something. I think it's the same Parker.

Ash and co. see Professor Oak on the island with the townspeople near him. They wave at each other.

Oak says hello to Ash and pats Pikachu. Iris and Cilan introduce themselves to him in person and Iris pushes Cilan out the way to introduce herself.

Team Rocket are watching from inside the Basculin Submarine and are planning something.

Oak talks about Rotom and then Ash shows Iris and Cilan what it is on his Pokedex.

Professor Oak's Lecture during the episode now, about Rotom and its multiple forms.

Team Rocket are outside the Pokemon Center, listening in on them.

The buildings power goes out and some lights start electrocuting and flashing on and off.

The people in the Pokemon Center are quite calm about it.

Nurse Joy and Audino go toward the group and explain what's going on. Apparently, it's a common thing, what the Rotom do.

During a flashback, one Rotom inhabits a Washing machine and turns into the water forme, throwing clothes at a Purrloin.

The Rotom come down on Power lines and provoke Pikachu until Pikachu zaps them and the the Rotom eat his Electricity. They find it tasty.

Oak tries to capture one, but it comes back out. Oak's hair gets electrocuted and gets turned into an afro.

Iris and Axew are a bit embarrassed.

Cilan brings out Stunfisk and makes them zap the Rotom. The Rotom aren't interested in Stunfisk's electricity.

Oak fixes his hair, before Emolga uses her electricity.

They like Emolga's and then Emolga uses Attract.

But the Rotom are genderless.

The Rotom go inhabit appliances and turn into their other forms. They attack Iris and Emolga.

The Rotom notice something and then so do Ash and co.

It's Team Rocket and they do their motto.

Ash gets Pikachu to shock Team Rocket I think, but Team Rocket capture the electricity and give it to the Rotom.

One Rotom gets sucked out of its appliance and is trapped in some sort of case, which Jessie puts Team Rocket's logo on.

The other 2 Rotom go out of their appliances and into other ones.

Something blocked Team Rocket's attack, it's Krookodile, Stunfisk and Excadrill.

Team Rocket get frozen and then blasted, causing them to blast off.

After that, Oak sprays the capture Rotom with some sort of Potion.

Oak captures the Rotom and the others go away. Oak does one of his poems after that.

They all say goodbye.

Oak takes off in a sea plane as Ash and co. say goodbye.

The end.
    Last edited by playerking; 30th May 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

This is a weird change of pace. I guess the Live Casters are canon in the anime.

Random : PokéRadar

Nice Afro Professor! XD

Professor Oak has an epic pose after catching a Pokemon!
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 30th May 2013 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

Nice, so the professor caught one after all.

Oh and I was right in saying that Excadrill probably would appear with the other ground types, even though the Rotom got credit for the role in the VA list :P

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Why did Ash and the others not get on the plane with Prof. Oak? What was the magical force that stopped them from getting home quicker?

Lol I hate plot holes .__.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post

I think the Rotom are all female.
    That is what they also think, but Oak explains that Rotom is Genderless.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Why did Ash and the others not get on the plane with Prof. Oak? What was the magical force that stopped them from getting home quicker?

its not a plot hole. Its part of the adventure. Why get a plane when you can go by boat and explore more islands

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Nice, so the professor caught one after all.

Oh and I was right in saying that Excadrill probably would appear with the other ground types, even though the Rotom got credit for the role in the VA list :P
    im assuming excadrill didn't speak then

Ovareall this was a really enjoyable Pokémon. I did like how Stunfisk was rejected because it's electricity tasted ground-ish. Seeing Emolga fail all over the place was amusing. I honestly did not expect to see Excadrill. I can definitely see Oak's Rotom being a new Muk. Too bad Ash didn't catch one (I know he has Pikachu). Although i do have a question, was Rotom's part Ghost-type mentioned? I know it's Genderless status was however.

Random : PokéRadar

Krookidle is in this episode

funny how this means oak gets a bio change now, so he has how many pokemon now that we know of?

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_
    Although i do have a question, was Rotom's part Ghost-type mentioned?
    Yes, Jessie mentioned it when she sealed one with a Team Rocket Ofuda.

Nice to see Okido Hakase and Satoshi are together after a long time.Ash should have gone with him!

Ash used Krokodile so he is still using rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post

I think the Rotom are all female.
    Attract didn't work on Rotom, because they are genderless pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    funny how this means oak gets a bio change now, so he has how many pokemon now that we know of?
    Rotom and Pidgey are the only canon ones. He also had Dragonite and Charmeleon in Mastermind and M4

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It's called "going on an adventure."

Funny how there hasnt been a bio change since what July? lol and then oak comes out of nowhere and gets one xD ofc im jk

Seems this episode was pretty enjoyable, cant wait to see Ash and Oak together again (when I do watch it)

The chosen ones (for now)

Because he isn't tryiong to get home fast, if he was he would take the plane, he is planning on having adventures on the diferent islands.

I see thew pictures of Flib, and Oak did a Live Caster, even with the Japanese logo!!!! How could that be possible? How tyhe dub will deal with it? Because remember that the dub don't air the Live Caster.

Edit: There are two live casters!!! One is for Rotom and the other is Gigalith. Guess what was in the episode.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 30th May 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Four
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/oak.shtml

Yay for stunfisk and krookodile.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I thought the user whose predictions everyone believed said Excadrill wouldn't be appearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    Ash used Krokodile so he is still using rotation.
    I don't see why. Hasn't Ash's team been totally unchanged after the episode Charizard joined? He has had Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Krookodile and Charizard on his team for the entirety of DA, right? So he simply used a Pokemon he had had on his team all along when he sent out Krookodile, rather than using rotation, surely?

I don't get what is so wrong with the writers making Ash use Palpitoad, Leavanny, Unfezant, Boldore or any of the other Oaked Pokemon. Its like they have a personal vendetta.

Granted, Oshawott didn't pop up today for once, but the next episode has the same old team again. Do the writers purposely wish to bore and/or irritate the fans!?
    Last edited by naughtynun; 30th May 2013 at 2:33 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    I thought the user whose predictions everyone believed said Excadrill wouldn't be appearing?
    Just proved he was human (if that's the case).

Anyway I saw the episode pictures, it seems funny. I was right in that they didn't like Stunfisk's electricity much. So I guess it IS the type change that was discovered?
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post

I don't see why. Hasn't Ash's team been totally unchanged after the episode Charizard joined? He has had Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Krookodile and Charizard on his team for the entirety of DA, right? So he simply used a Pokemon he had had on his team all along when he sent out Krookodile, rather than using rotation, surely?

I don't get what is so wrong with the writers making Ash use Palpitoad, Leavanny, Unfezant, Boldore or any of the other Oaked Pokemon. Its like they have a personal vendetta.

Granted, Oshawott didn't pop up today for once, but the next episode has the same old team again. Do the writers purposely wish to bore and/or irritate the fans!?
    So he didn't notice something? he isn't predicting anything he watches the episodes before us in another channel.

ENOUGH OF THIS, he isn't rotating now, he sent the pokemon to Oak, if he makes a change in the team, we will probably know, like when he eventually brings Scraggy since he is in the ending, or the possible Gible appearances in Summer.

I might be wrong about the he isn't rotating but this is the team we should be expecting now, since the otlher were sent for oak, so bringing back an Isshu pokemon migth be as likelly as bringing back an old one since they are with the other already.

I want to see Palpitoad again and I don't make 99% of my posts about it.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 30th May 2013 at 2:51 PM.

Ash Iris and Clian protected Rotom be using their ground types.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast