Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103

Thread: To Catch a Rotom! (789)

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Jessie put that tag on that machine so that it seals up Rotom since they are Ghost type. Well what she tried to do was use a type of Ofuda, but i don't think it was real or even possible that it would work on a pokemon.
    It didn't work because she just used a regular old sticker.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Get better examples. That was a battle where the ref made the call. I didn't see a ref make a call with Emolga mwahahaha she took damage but she wasn't KO'd. It's that simple, kid.
    Iris was the ref in this case where she decided that Emolga was completely useless against the Rotom and decided to recall her. "The Queen" was defenseless against the enemy and was forced to retreat. Perhaps it wasn't a KO but it was still a failure. The Queen failed. Trying to insult with kid, smh.

    And I'm not obsessed. I just see Emolga for the queen she is. Not my fault your faves aren't as fabulous as she is.
    Personal insults, wow.

    Either way even Stunfisk contributed more in this episode by helping block Team Rocket's attack. Every Pokémon that showed up except for Emolga (and Axew, but he kinda never does) did something useful.



  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Iris was the ref in this case where she decided that Emolga was completely useless against the Rotom and decided to recall her. "The Queen" was defenseless against the enemy and was forced to retreat. Perhaps it wasn't a KO but it was still a failure. The Queen failed. Trying to insult with kid, smh.


    Personal insults, wow.

    Either way even Stunfisk contributed more in this episode by helping block Team Rocket's attack. Every Pokémon that showed up except for Emolga (and Axew, but he kinda never does) did something useful.
    Failure doesn't exist in Emolga's vocab. She took on 3 rotom, got blasted with so many attacks, and she still wasn't KO'd. That's an accomplishment. It's not Emolga's fault she isn't a ground type because otherwise she would've slayed everything in sight. Iris recalled her because she realized the queen was being triple teamed and that wasn't playing fair.

    However Emolga didn't want to disappoint her fans, so she gave us a priceless comedy moment before she left our screen. She was basically saying "I'm a survivor and I will never lose a battle."


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Failure doesn't exist in Emolga's vocab. She took on 3 rotom, got blasted with so many attacks, and she still wasn't KO'd. That's an accomplishment. It's not Emolga's fault she isn't a ground type because otherwise she would've slayed everything in sight. Iris recalled her because she realized the queen was being triple teamed and that wasn't playing fair.

    However Emolga didn't want to disappoint her fans, so she gave us a priceless comedy moment before she left our screen. She was basically saying "I'm a survivor and I will never lose a battle."

    Okay, that actually made me laugh. Emonga the untouchable. :P

    Thanks for the picture however.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 30th May 2013 at 11:36 PM.

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Can you say, awesome episode? It was a nice comedic episode and it wasn't a filler either technically, it takes the award for the best episode of Da! so far.

    • Okido-Hakase, wow, I've never been so entertained by him before. I actually thought he was bland in his DP appearance, he was so refreshing and fun to watch in this episode. He was easily my favorite human character of this whole episode, the afro scene for example and the scene where he did his Pokemon Live Caster and Pokemon senryu in the actual episode(As a result he didn't do it later at the end of the episode.) was the first time I actually really laughed out loud at something in a while in this show. I'm so glad he caught a Rotom and yes, I do think we'll be seeing the Rotom again, not just because I'm an optimist but Lizardo and Kairyu were in specials/movies so it's natural they haven't appeared. Especially those two, the former being seen with him as a kid and the latter being put in a special commissioned by 4kids. The pigeon in Jouto just seemed like a showing Pokemon more than anything, simply brought for a lecture and it's a bird and one of the most early and common Pokemon. Makes sense, but Rotom we will be seeing again and I'm positive of it. Yep, I'm happy we finally got to see his Pokemon capture pose and capture cry, been wanting that for a while. I literally can't wait until this episode is subbed simply because I'm interested in hearing what all of his notes and such were about. Him trying to capture Rotom without weakening it was nice, people give Satoshi flak for that but a Pokemon professor is doing the same thing. Like I said both times it's meant to be nothing but showing their excitement over getting a new Pokemon.
    • Those Rotom had great personalities and their actions were very entertaining, they were even bigger sadistic troublemakers than the Koaruhie, Hitomoshi and Monozu gangs. I thought them loving Emonga's electricity but hating Maggyo's was amusing. Them drenching Iris, Leaf Storming Emonga and roasting Emonga and Iris with Kibago retreating in the safety of Iris's PokemonControlMachineLaser/Fire proof hair was golden. I even like how the writers went out of the way to make their electricity orange. The whole set of them was amazing, just taking over appliances and wrecking stuff.
    • Dem Pokemonz. Happy to see Emonga, Maggyo and Waruvial, haven't seen them since Da! began. Glad for Doryuzu appearing as well. Yay for no Mijumaru this episode too. Kibago shaking Okido's hand was adorable and Emonga trying to infatuate the Rotom with Mero-Mero was great and so like her. She does Mero-Mero so much better than Tsutarja, she actually uses it in comedic instances and isn't helpless without it. Acknowledging Rotom genderless-ness was great too. Maggyo getting run over and crying was a yes scene for me because it was funny.
    AMEN! I agree best Da! Episode YET! It made Rotom sound like a Transformer and TR catches Rotom like the Ghostbusters. Let's add that this episode aired ON MY 28th BIRTHDAY. It was better than Get Your Rotom Running (minus the delightfully mischievous personality) because one was caught and it was highlighted like it was a revered pokemon. I can not say I disliked this episode in any way shape or form. It was the best birthday gift TV Tokyo ever gave me.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Since the Rotom weren't effected by Emolga's attract, does that mean they were all girls?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Since the Rotom weren't effected by Emolga's attract, does that mean they were all girls?
    It's because Rotom doesn't have a gender




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    So he didn't notice something? he isn't predicting anything he watches the episodes before us in another channel.

    ENOUGH OF THIS, he isn't rotating now, he sent the pokemon to Oak, if he makes a change in the team, we will probably know, like when he eventually brings Scraggy since he is in the ending, or the possible Gible appearances in Summer.

    I might be wrong about the he isn't rotating but this is the team we should be expecting now, since the otlher were sent for oak, so bringing back an Isshu pokemon migth be as likelly as bringing back an old one since they are with the other already.

    I want to see Palpitoad again and I don't make 99% of my posts about it.
    Calm down! I don't see why I should just accept that the writers are not bothering to change his team at all. There is no reason why he can't rotate, the writers are just too flaming lazy to bother. In the Battle Frontier, Ash would randomly pull out an old Pokemon for a battle and I think it is totally unacceptable that the writers aren't doing that again after refusing to show any of the old Pokemon during the main series as well. At least the writers could have the decency of showing us the ignored Pokemon from the current gen.

    It should be the entirety of his team at the moment that should be at Oak's, since they are the ones that have been given the most attention already.

    Quote Originally Posted by myriada View Post
    I never said it wouldn't appear, just that it didn't take priority over a Rotom in VA credits. fer92 misquoted me as saying Excadrill won't appear.
    Ok, fair enough! How do you watch them first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Agreed those were my favourite parts too.

    It is weird how the writers only want Ash to reference the occassional Pokemon when he see thems another time.

    My main point was the Tag Battle Episode where Ash saw both Buizel and Corphish, I mean come on.
    That Buizel and Corphish appearance really annoyed me, what an insult to his own Pokemon that he didn't mention them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QthdwEVpqj4

    Pause at 0.42. I think Ash's main team is Charizard, Mijumaru, Snivy, Pignite, Scraggy and Pikachu in DA, but I was really surprised Krokodile is in this episode.

        Spoiler:- This is a spoiler:
    I'd be interested if you could tell me one DA episode that Scraggy has been in! Krookodile was in today's episode and has appeared in episodes in episode N more recently than Scraggy. Krookodile was in BW119, BW121 and BW122 and Scraggy hasn't been seen since Charizard joined the team, so there is no evidence Scraggy is on Ash's team at present. The opening probably just hints at a future appearance. Why should Scraggy of all the Oaked Unova reserves be getting an appearance. The bird, the bug, the boulder and the frog deserve it far more.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

    Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

    Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    I'd be interested if you could tell me one DA episode that Scraggy has been in! Krookodile was in today's episode and has appeared in episodes in episode N more recently than Scraggy. Krookodile was in BW119, BW121 and BW122 and Scraggy hasn't been seen since Charizard joined the team, so there is no evidence Scraggy is on Ash's team at present. The opening probably just hints at a future appearance. Why should Scraggy of all the Oaked Unova reserves be getting an appearance. The bird, the bug, the boulder and the frog deserve it far more.
    I would like to see all reserved pokemons as well.(I think we won't see Palpitoad, Leavanny, Unfeazant, Boldore anymore.)But Zuruggu got more screentime than them.We might see Kibago-Zuruggu episode soon.If Iris leaves at the end of DA, we might see a battle too.I don't think they completely forget Scraggy.Lets see what will happen in DA.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Best Da episode yet, I'd say. Stunfisk falling over is the best thing ever. If only thay had him be comical like that more often. He had such great potential for a awesome personality and whatnot.

    And awesome to see AfrOak capture a Pokémon for once~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Finally watched the episode, it was pretty fun.

    -Oak was cool specially the hair scene
    -Oak seems interested in Dent occupation he starts explaining it and Iris cuts him off lol
    -Iris starstruck like with Shirona(not the same way), I loved when Oak gets the afro and she is like " SUGOI HAKASE!!" haha then he starts doing a Dent like rant and she and Kibago are like awwwww
    -The rotom trolls were fun, poor Stunfisk got trolled the whole episode but got that badass showoff at the end
    -They loved Emogla electricity seems like it was their favourite and knocked the poor thing out because she was running away, I loved when Iris yells at them and the rotom just blast her and Emolga with flamethrower pretty funny, specially Emolga expression
    -Rotoms were fun and pretty cute

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,178

    Default

    What sorcery is this?

    - Ash recognizes Rotom?
    - Ash remembers Rotom from Sinnoh?

    I mean, I know Ash is not an idiot (well, most of the time), but it's still nice to get these moments of maturity and get Ash casually saying 'Oh, I saw Rotom while I was in Sinnoh', like, have him acknowledge his past journeys more often. I really liked this episode - it was fun, had Iris and Cilan finally meeting Oak and Rotom were really fun too. Not to mention Stunfisk and Emonga finally having some role in this show.

    As for Oak, I envy him - I can certainly understand why he'd want Rotom - that's one cool Pokémon.

    This surely wasn't a filler but it certainly was fun.


  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Why did Stunfisk fall over I didn't get that scene?

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Why did Stunfisk fall over I didn't get that scene?
    It's a gag. I didn't understood the exact words but after seeing the others fight Cilan gets excited said something along the lines of "Come on Stunfisk, let's..." and he realizes they can't actually contribute anything and says, "Do nothing." Which causes Stunfisk to fall over (I am merely guessing from watching the scene)

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Why did Stunfisk fall over I didn't get that scene?
    Because the Rotom didn't like the taste of Stunfisk's electricity so it wouldn't have been able to attract them away from Team Rocket.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  16. #66

    Default

    Now I understand why Ash remember Rotom.Found this.

    http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1480

    Screenplay: Atsuhiro Tomioka (He is an awesome writer.)

    Ash also remembered his Charmander's story which happened almost 15 years ago.

    http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1465

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    Now I understand why Ash remember Rotom.Found this.

    http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1480

    Screenplay: Atsuhiro Tomioka (He is an awesome writer.)

    Ash also remembered his Charmander's story which happened almost 15 years ago.

    http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1465
    Well Tomioka does write more plot-relevant episodes.


  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    It's a gag. I didn't understood the exact words but after seeing the others fight Cilan gets excited said something along the lines of "Come on Stunfisk, let's..." and he realizes they can't actually contribute anything and says, "Do nothing." Which causes Stunfisk to fall over (I am merely guessing from watching the scene)
    Hahaha. That makes sense. Stunfisk...YOU...go eat cake.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    The animations for this episode was also very smooth and nice. More episodes needs to be like this.

    And I really hope AfrOak shows up more often<3
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,178

    Default

    Um, so Oak was in this episode? Ash said in the first Decolora episode that he wanted to go to Kanto to report to Oak.

    But Oak was in this episode. Why didn't he report to him here? :P


  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Um, so Oak was in this episode? Ash said in the first Decolora episode that he wanted to go to Kanto to report to Oak.

    But Oak was in this episode. Why didn't he report to him here? :P
    Because he had no idea that the Professor planned to visit the Decolora Islands. Likewise, Oak had no idea that Ash would be heading back to Kanto through the Islands either.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Because he had no idea that the Professor planned to visit the Decolora Islands. Likewise, Oak had no idea that Ash would be heading back to Kanto through the Islands either.
    but, if ash wanted to report to the professor then he could have done it when he ran into him, but he probably forgot because of the rotom.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Hahahahahahahaha they aired the Episode N opening for this episode.

    And holy crap the first time Oak's show had been aired in English, too bad they didn't change the Japanese symbols.

    And oh god that last Rotom's cry "Aighghghghhghhfhhghg" sounded like a damn orangutan.
    Last edited by nuzamaki90; 31st August 2013 at 2:40 PM.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha they aired the Episode N opening for this episode.

    And holy crap the first time Oak's show had been aired in English, too bad they didn't change the Japanese symbols.

    And oh god that last Rotom's cry "Aighghghghhghhfhhghg" sounded like a damn orangutan.
    Yeah, they used the Episode N opening for some reason; probably a mistake. It's a good episode anyway.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    It was cool to see genderless acknowledged.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •