Great episode, Oak returning was cool.
I'm hoping this Rotom makes future appearances now, small cameos in the background and such would be great.
Why aren't we dicussing the MOST POSITIVE part of this episode? Ash said he saw a Rotom in Sinnoh!!!! Did you get it?? Ash remembered something!!! Our dear Ash has a memory!!!!!!!!!!
I will be happy if he references stuffs from his previous journeys more often, even if it's just one sentence (like today). There was some mild comedy in this episode, although one might not understand it if he doesn't understand Japanese. IMO though, the episode could have been slightly better written. (others might say worse).
Basically, the things that you need to remember from this episode before we forget it like tons of other fillers.
1) Oak meets Iris and Cilan for the first time. Oak is actually mildly interested in Cilan's Sommelier Job(maybe because it's somewhat close to his hobby). Cilan is excited and begins to talk something but Iris pushes him away for her screen time. Anyway, what's important is Oak likes to learn about/ or simply interested in sommeliers.
2) Oak has a Rotom now.
3) Ash referenced the Sinnoh Rotom episode.
And to the dude who thinks Ash not going with Oak is a plothole....like I always say....let's not jump to conclusions! Ash clearly says that he wants to travel more and see more Pokemon before getting back.
FF.Net profile: Here!!\
He remembers old pokemon, you guys just make a big deal out of him scanning pokemon...
I also though it was cool that Oak meet Iris and Dent for the first time .
Agreed those were my favourite parts too.
It is weird how the writers only want Ash to reference the occassional Pokemon when he see thems another time.
My main point was the Tag Battle Episode where Ash saw both Buizel and Corphish, I mean come on.
Pause at 0.42. I think Ash's main team is Charizard, Mijumaru, Snivy, Pignite, Scraggy and Pikachu in DA, but I was really surprised Krokodile is in this episode.
Spoiler:- This is a spoiler:
Can you say, awesome episode? It was a nice comedic episode and it wasn't a filler either technically, it takes the award for the best episode of Da! so far.
- Okido-Hakase, wow, I've never been so entertained by him before. I actually thought he was bland in his DP appearance, he was so refreshing and fun to watch in this episode. He was easily my favorite human character of this whole episode, the afro scene for example and the scene where he did his Pokemon Live Caster and Pokemon senryu in the actual episode(As a result he didn't do it later at the end of the episode.) was the first time I actually really laughed out loud at something in a while in this show. I'm so glad he caught a Rotom and yes, I do think we'll be seeing the Rotom again, not just because I'm an optimist but Lizardo and Kairyu were in specials/movies so it's natural they haven't appeared. Especially those two, the former being seen with him as a kid and the latter being put in a special commissioned by 4kids. The pigeon in Jouto just seemed like a showing Pokemon more than anything, simply brought for a lecture and it's a bird and one of the most early and common Pokemon. Makes sense, but Rotom we will be seeing again and I'm positive of it. Yep, I'm happy we finally got to see his Pokemon capture pose and capture cry, been wanting that for a while. I literally can't wait until this episode is subbed simply because I'm interested in hearing what all of his notes and such were about. Him trying to capture Rotom without weakening it was nice, people give Satoshi flak for that but a Pokemon professor is doing the same thing. Like I said both times it's meant to be nothing but showing their excitement over getting a new Pokemon.
- Those Rotom had great personalities and their actions were very entertaining, they were even bigger sadistic troublemakers than the Koaruhie, Hitomoshi and Monozu gangs. I thought them loving Emonga's electricity but hating Maggyo's was amusing. Them drenching Iris, Leaf Storming Emonga and roasting Emonga and Iris with Kibago retreating in the safety of Iris's PokemonControlMachineLaser/Fire proof hair was golden. I even like how the writers went out of the way to make their electricity orange. The whole set of them was amazing, just taking over appliances and wrecking stuff.
- Dem Pokemonz. Happy to see Emonga, Maggyo and Waruvial, haven't seen them since Da! began. Glad for Doryuzu appearing as well. Yay for no Mijumaru this episode too. Kibago shaking Okido's hand was adorable and Emonga trying to infatuate the Rotom with Mero-Mero was great and so like her. She does Mero-Mero so much better than Tsutarja, she actually uses it in comedic instances and isn't helpless without it. Acknowledging Rotom genderless-ness was great too. Maggyo getting run over and crying was a yes scene for me because it was funny.
Last edited by Doryuzu; 30th May 2013 at 5:49 PM.
Queen Emolga is still undefeated. She didn't get the KO'd eyes which means she didn't lose. She took leaf storm, hydro pump, and flamethrower and managed to survive it all. Be Jealous because your pokemon faves would've been knocked out with all those hits.
Did Team Rocket stole somethng from another series. Who are going to call? Not Team Rocket!
I thought that this episode was awesome. Prof. Oak was a great COTD especially for Da! I was a little bummed he didn't battle rotom but then again he took the Ash route and befriended it. I did appreciate how Ash, Iris, and Dent's pokemon got screen time. Ash remembered seeing rotom in Sinnou (Gasp!) Also, they remembered to use Ground types against TR's electricity no Mijimaru or Pochama to get zapped incessantly. By far the best episode of DA and I like how Oak did his Live Caster bit in show that was a pleasant surprise. Also, I find it funny Oak asked Ash why not fly back with him but Ash said they are traveling by ship and he wants to see more. If i can get 2 more episodes as entertaining as this one DA wont be a failure in my eyes....
My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404
Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)
Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
I've only seen the episode pictures, and read the forum posts, but I can admit to being impressed by this episode, because it does enough to avoid being a filler, like every other DA episode so far.
Ash remembers seeing Rotom before, meaning that there is still hope for him yet!
As much as I would have liked to have seen Ash catch Rotom (a second electric type and his first official ghost) it was nice to see Professor Oak doing it, showing us that he can and will capture his own pokemon for reseach purposes rather than relying on what the trainers send to him.
Would have been nice for any of Oak's own personal pokemon to make a cameo, however.
With regards to Rotom being confirmed genderless, am I right in saying that not only is it the first time that attract has failed due to the opponent being genderless, but also this is the first time that it have actually been stated in the anime that there are genderless pokemon out there, right?
Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.
Current Y team (champions)
Current X team (6th gym badge won)
A pretty fun episode with some good antics and some intelligence from the main characters bringing out their ground types, although once again I have to ask what the problem is with Team Rocket catching wild Pokemon like everyone else. Did that tag they put on the machine have anything to do with that?
Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013
Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.
Thats why, most of the episodes in which they do catch a pokemon, they are not portrait as bad or are completely stupid. And in some cases where that doesn't happen, the capture of the pokemon in done off-screen.
Ofuda, but i don't think it was real or even possible that it would work on a pokemon.
Why are you so obsessed with Emolga? It's like Ciccone and Oshawott.
Random : PokéRadar
And I'm not obsessed. I just see Emolga for the queen she is. Not my fault your faves aren't as fabulous as she is.
I see what you're trying to say, but when a Pokemon looses in that fashion, I see it as more of a shock attack (no pun intended to the Rotom KO) which stuns them to an extent but doesn't KO them.
If you go by your logic, Pikachu has lost numerous times to Axew because of his Dragon Rage when he couldn't control it.
You can tell when somebody likes a Pokemon, but HGH makes it seem so forced.
Why are you so obsessed with Emolga? It's like Ciccone and Oshawott.
Ultimately, it was better than I thought, but still not great.
Oak tried to catch a Pokemon at full health. I don't know why, but okay. At least the second attempt made more sense.
Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress: