Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To Catch a Rotom! (789)

At last, a team change...for Prof. Oak. The main trio gets trolled.

I admit that Prof. Oak doing stuff mid-sentence was entertaining. I liked his afro growing with every attack... But I still can't get used to his voice.

This episode started off as weak for me....until TR came. Now I know I have voiced my opinions of TRio's regression from BW/BW2 but for some reason in this particular episode, they reminded me a lot of OS TRio with their plan. Usually, in AG and DP, you had instances where their plans were the same or they were blasted off too quickly. Here, we actually saw them come up with a very competent plan and they actually almost succeeded. They could have easily gotten away with that one Rotom but they wanted to get the other 2. So I liked TRio in this episode. They may not have been as funny as they were in OS but that's to be expected since the humor in OS was much better in my opinion. But they were much closer to OS TRio in this episode.

Oh, I noticed the TP opening too. That was too weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    This episode started off as weak for me....until TR came. Now I know I have voiced my opinions of TRio's regression from BW/BW2 but for some reason in this particular episode, they reminded me a lot of OS TRio with their plan. Usually, in AG and DP, you had instances where their plans were the same or they were blasted off too quickly. Here, we actually saw them come up with a very competent plan and they actually almost succeeded. They could have easily gotten away with that one Rotom but they wanted to get the other 2. So I liked TRio in this episode. They may not have been as funny as they were in OS but that's to be expected since the humor in OS was much better in my opinion. But they were much closer to OS TRio in this episode.
    They could've captured the other two, but they never took into account the Ground-types of the trio.

Huh, I just noticed the three of them have Electric and Ground-types.

Ash mentioned Sinnoh! GAHBLAGH! Also it was so weird when Prof.Oak never asked who Team Rocket was since he has never met them before. I also can't shake the feeling Porter is evil for some reason however.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Ash mentioned Sinnoh! GAHBLAGH! Also it was so weird when Prof.Oak never asked who Team Rocket was since he has never met them before. I also can't shake the feeling Porter is evil for some reason however.
    Professor Oak and TRio know who each other are. They have met each other a few times in the past.

Professor Oak and TRio know who each other are. They have met each other a few times in the past.
    Clearly, Prof. Oak is going senile.

Was surprised by the episode N opening too. One of those few mistakes in animation/television that tend to happen.

This was kind of a interesting ep. This ep focused more of Rotom and its background much better than the Sinnoh one a few years. And as always, love the animation that was on this episode. (There's got to be a name for that style of animation). Prof Oak and the Afro bit was a lil over the top though. I actually miss the bada** TR of BW. Never liked the Sinnoh/Battle Frontier version of them and never will.

And I really wish that the voice actors of Oak and Juniper would just SWITCH! So we can have Oak's original voice back. After all these years i still can't get use to it.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

I like TR being serious when it matters - Meloetta arc was awesome. But when they're just doing their daily thing, catching Pikachu seems a little redundant after Giovanni's ambiguously shiny Persian one-shotted it but I digress, I like them being classic comic relief. I'm just glad they ditched that awful motto from BW - they were getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Clearly, Prof. Oak is going senile.
    Wait, did Oak ask TRio who they were!? I must have missed that.

Wait, did Oak ask TRio who they were!? I must have missed that.
    No, he didn't.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

It's surprising that TPCI used the N opening for a Decolore episode, I guess it's just a silly mistake.
    Anyways This was an interesting episode, it's animation was well-done too. It's nice to see Prof. Oak's Live Caster in English for the first time. I thought The Rotom in this episode was much better than the Rotom in "Get your Rotom Running". I liked how Ash mentioned the Rotom from Sinnoh, It's nice that sometimes the writers actually cares about continiuty.
    I'm glad Professor Oak caught the Rotom at the end, it makes this episode the second non-filler episode of the Decolore arc.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This was an ok episode. Nothing noteworthy to say other than it being cool to see Professor Oak again.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I thought the episode was really funny and everyone did a great job today

Fine episode. Nice to see Professor Oak. It was a bit funny how his hair turned out when getting shocked by the Rotom.

Huh, the opening had N, that was over.

I'm sorry, what? He's seen them several times. In fact, if my memory serves correctly then the first time was in Pallet Party Panic, way back at the end of Kanto..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'm sorry, what? He's seen them several times. In fact, if my memory serves correctly then the first time was in Pallet Party Panic, way back at the end of Kanto..
    And he technically knew about them beforehand because when he was younger, he traveled to the future and saw them along with the Iron-Masked Marauder.

I really enjoyed this episode. It was great to see Professor Oak in person and he was a great addition (although temporary). The Rotom were great too, I liked the mischievous personalities in them as they always want to cause trouble and this ended up to be their downfall when coming to Team Rocket.

To conclude, it was great to see Oak catch Rotom through friendship. Great episode, onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Oak at the end.

As the journey continues

However everyone said this arc was only filler. I would hardly call this filler. Oak made a capture. Granted we will hardly see Rotom but this can't be filler so idk why why everyone was saying this Island arc was only filler. Makes me wonder how many more canon eps this arc has.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 1st September 2013 at 2:13 PM.

I thought he was simply asking what Team Rocket was doing there

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Anyone else raised their eyebrow at the episode title?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Anyone else raised their eyebrow at the episode title?
    My eyebrows have been very low on my face ever since Rival Destinies started.

I Really enjoyed this episode, and it still remains the highlight of Da for me. It remained me of a good old fashion Johto filler (only with Oak in it... and Stunfisk!), and a good old fashion capture episode (again but only with Oak), combined! Loved how they fully explored the Rotom's abilities and typing's, gave Stunfisk some fun screentime and development (he just wants to be useful) and had some sweet animation. Plus now thanks to this episode we get to look forward to a recurring Rotom on the show! A Rotom that I hope sparks a rivalry with Ash's Muk for Oaks attention.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

This episode was great. I loved how the Rotom hated Stunfisk's electricity.
    It was nice to see Oak catch something.

Lol other then this episode and the Alexa ones, Da is such a waste of development opportunity lol. I'm hoping Alexa joins Ash next region so that at least one of the companions got development in DA.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Oak at the end.

As the journey continues

However everyone said this arc was only filler. I would hardly call this filler. Oak made a capture. Granted we will hardly see Rotom but this can't be filler so idk why why everyone was saying this Island arc was only filler. Makes me wonder how many more canon eps this arc has.
    Every episode of the main anime is canon, unless you meant something else.

Highlights of this episode were seeing Rotom, TR, Oak, and Ash mentioning he's seen Rotom before in Sinnoh. After Iris asked him if he'd seen one before, I was cringing and waiting for him to say "Rotom?". This is the first time we've seen Oak capture a Pokemon on screen.

One thing to complain about personally, for the dub. Iris in this episode. "Rotom stop eating please!" Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like Iris had next to no flow or emotion in this episode.

6/10
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast