Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Children of the Stars: Azrael's Awakening (PG-13)

Edited his apperance and added a figure-thingy.
    But what's the history supposed to be?

With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Edited his apperance and added a figure-thingy.
    But what's the history supposed to be?

The history is supposed to be a little background to you character like what are a few things that happened to them prior to discovering their powers. What led them to discovering their powers and ultimately how they discovered their powers. You don't necessarily have to include the testing and experiments and the first mission since it's already been established.

This is my sig.

Okay. I have a little bit of an idea working, so I'll try it out.
    I won't name places in the history-section, as it all is very confusing atm.
    Last edited by Schade; 4th June 2013 at 7:50 PM.

Here is my character. I wanted to draw some stuff to the original myth of the constellation, so he is somewhat inspired by Ganymede from Greek myths. And after so many thousands of years, I'd think names and languages would've changed a lot so I'm guessing these names should be a mix between weird and traditional, commonplace ones. This is mainly because I want to use some weird names, but it also makes sense. I also realized I am very bored since I did lots of research on everything here and was interested by it. Strangely, looking at it, electricity seems to be just as good a fit for the element as water, but Aquarius is the water bearer so no complaining or suggestions for change. Not great, but it should do.

Name: Nerius Ganymede
    Sign: Aquarius
    Birthday: 2/14

Weapon: A katana with a blue tinting and water patterns etched onto the hilt. There is a small sapphire on both sides of the hilt. Nerius calls it Water King after a title he read in a book. It is two feet long, just barely enough to be even classified as a katana.

Powers: Nerius has the basic super speed and strength of the star children. He also has water manipulation. He can shape water and make it change between its three forms. For example, he could shape water into spikes or into cracks, or turn the water vapor in the air into water for his use, or change the water into ice. He can also control water tension, so he could increase tension to allow water to be walked on or break the tension and make stuff fall in. Nerius can manipulate water while submerged to push out the oxygen while keeping it mostly off of him and allowing Nerius to propel fast through the water by manipulating it around him. He is limited some by the need to be touching the water to manipulate him, but usually this isn't too big a deal.

Armor: Nerius has sapphire armor. Sapphires are an aluminum oxide and score 9 on the Mohs scale, so obviously it is really freaking hard and, is very difficult to get through. Really darn near impenetrable unless going against something made of diamond or somehow harder. The armor heavily resembles ancient Greek hoplite armor, though more covering. A cuirass of dark blue sapphire covers the entirety of his torso. He has light blue sapphire arm guards and leg guards. His helmet is a light blue chunk of well cut sapphire. Orange sapphires (They come in most all colors, not just blue) run down the sides of his cuirass. Beautiful star sapphires are inlaid on the sides of his helmet right over his temples. Yellow and green sapphires run around his arm and leg guards in decoration. A light blue cape is attached to his shoulders by small blue sapphires and hangs down to right above the ground. In the center of his chest is an electric blue stone with the symbol for Uranus, the ruling planet of Aquarius, on it. The symbol is weird, but resembles ]-|-[ with a small o on the bottom of the line, you can look it up if you really want to since I am not making this up. Nerius refers to his armor as his robes to go with his sword being a king.

Personality: Nerius is a bit self-centered. Being raised as the heir of a rich family and treated like a prince, he was very selfish. His travels with the others and experiences on Ulori had settled him out some, but he still places himself as a high priority. He had well schooling and private tutoring, but he mostly picked up artsy stuff and his teacher's common sarcastic personalities. He is witty and good with arts of visual and written forms, along with having a sharp tongue and wit when he feels that someone is being stupid. Nerius is stubborn, rarely willing to move on his standpoint, and remains annoyed for a long time if he is forced to back down with a loss. When not in an argument, he is aloof and usually uncaring. Nerius is a mild psychopath and lacks a great amount of empathy. He can feel sad for others and understand the goals of others, but doesn't feel a true importance of anyone else. He has accepted that he has to help defeat Azrael and work with the others, and is trying to shape himself up and become a better person, although he is having difficulties.

Also, Nerius is bisexual. Romantically, he cared almost totally for looks. Nerius liked his lovers tall, thin, and traditionally attractive. His relationships tend to be shallow, quick hook-ups with little real emotional attachment. After experiencing near death on Ulori, along with resigning to become a better person, he has also tried to become less shallow. He still mostly cares for looks and has the same tastes, but he has picked up a greater appreciation for those who do arts like he does and gentler people.

Appearance: Nerius is kind of feminine in appearance. He has a petite build, standing right about five feet tall. He isn't very heavily muscled, but his training and going on the mission to Ulori have caused him to start building some muscle on his arms and legs. His hair is a dirty blond with some odd light streaks in it, kept combed back. Ever since his powers activated, he has taken to wearing dark blue because he liked the color. He wears a dark blue business suit when at home or studying. While training and when he does anything outside, he wears a nice blue shirt and pants. While it never gets especially cold or windy in the area of Eve where he lives, he keeps a light jacket, a thick jacket, and a very thick fur-lined jacket stored in his closet for if he needs them. Along with training as a star child, he attends a business university and has the light blue and gold uniform for the university that he wears on the days he has classes. He prefers nice black dress shoes, though he usually changes into more practical shoes when doing Star Child duties. He carries a white pack with a stitched on button with the sign of Uranus (See Armor) on it. Within is his cell phone, a music player, solar chargers, his wallet, a first-aid kit, and whatever he feels like grabbing that morning.

History: Nerius came from a rich family in the Eve. One of his ancestors created a chemical that helped stimulate plant growth that was meant to be used on Earth. While overall being used very little on Earth, fertilizer companies in Eve bought the chemical like hotcakes and the family became rich, expanding into a general plant-related business giant amazingly enough. Nerius was raised surrounded by servants and money in a high-end section of the colony. He went to a peppy school and had a few friends that would come and go. He never really connected to anyone other than his main caretaker, a young nanny his disconnected parents hired. He went to a high-class school in the area of Eve where he lived along with private tutors in the arts and sciences, though he really only liked his art tutor, a young man and actual artist who tried to connect with Nerius, unlike most of them who were just in it for the money. He had trouble connecting with the other students at school, a result of his lack of empathy and annoyed attitude at the time leaving him unable to stand the other kids. His parents had a second child, a young girl named Terra, when Nerius was eleven. But, like with his parents, he never got very close with his sister and the two barely communicated. At thirteen, he started studying and training to become the next head of his family.

The awakening of his powers was at the end of a chain of events. It started one day shortly after he had started his training when he and his nanny were out at a mall. A local thug trying to get something from the famous Ganymede family tried kidnapping Nerius on the way home. His nanny, who was trained in an ancient martial arts from when humans still lived on Earth, drove of the thug with a rather bad beating, but it wasn't the end of it. A few days later, while going out on another shopping trip, the thug and some others attacked the two again. His nanny took out a couple of them, but even good fighters have trouble taking on multiple and the small gang could take her down. This was when his powers fist appeared, but he only got the strength, speed, and a bit of the water. He found himself using water on the streets to slip up the thugs and then grabbed his nanny and hightailed it home. For the first time in a while that night, he talked to his parents about what happened, leaving out the strange powers he discovered he had since he didn't feel they were really needed to know about it. A small group of body guards were hired for him and the amount he was allowed out was restricted. The rest of his powers activated nearly two months later when yet another shopping trip saw a third run-in with the kidnappers. The body guards, since they were quality, took down the kidnappers and held them until the police could arrest them, but during the brief conflict, the rest of Nerius's powers awakened, giving him full control of the area near-by along with the summoning of his nice suit of armor and weapon. This time, the news did not scape getting to his parents and he was sent away to a medical research center to see what was up with him. By this point, some of the other Star Children had awakened their powers and been discovered, so the researchers could quickly identify him as one as well.

He started training for the important mission of being a Star Child along with the business training, eventually meeting his partners in the endeavor to save the universe after the others had been recruited. More training went on and it wasn't until a few years after his original awakening when he went to Ulori. On the missions, he was a self-centered cocky jerk who didn't get along with anyone else, but went along with it to get his own fame. When they finally ran into Azrael, Nerius was unconcerned with the safety of the others or any plans they had and rushed in. He got stabbed through by a piece of Azrael that slipped under his armor and almost died in the first fight. While his bleeding got stopped and he recovered, he had a drastic shift towards a more standable person, not that he totally abandoned his own head-strong ways though. The missions ended up being a success without any of them getting killed, and got to return home. His parents both were proud of him, though more so for getting fame for himself than anything. He is now training for the second mission.
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 9th June 2013 at 5:53 AM.

Elysian and CuriousHeartless - I'm not sure if you're done or not but, Elysian you forgot your character's personality and CuriousHeartless you forgot your character's appearance. For now Pending.

Also now I understand some trouble between the control of water and ice in separate characters. Now, we can resolve this issue by one of two ways. One of the characters can change their element to one not associated with any other Sign (which will need to be accepted by me) or, they can control one state of matter.
    Last edited by Requiem's Eclipse; 5th June 2013 at 12:49 AM.

This is my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem's Eclipse View Post
    DVB - Everything was good up until the history. I really like the planet Simon, I would want to include it in the RP, however The 12 star children are all from Space Colony Eve, which is still in orbit around the earth. Now you can switch the events to a section of the space colony eve, since its a rather large space colony that can hold a substantial population of humans. Also I'm kind of on the fence of having the brother figure/ best friend Animak die. However, I decided that we needed a little tragedy with a character since everyone's was less tragic so far. Also, the armor I would like to be more original and not be just a color swap from an anime mecha, just personalize it. Use the mecha as a foundation and build around it. For now you're Pending, just fix those things.
    Can do. Though I would like to know how big a space colony would be, out of curiosity as well as how is it. Does have sections of organic life in it like plants and aritficial areas or is all mechanical.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

I have noticed that Virgo is still open, and pretty much a very magical sign. I was wondering if I may reserve the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    Can do. Though I would like to know how big a space colony would be, out of curiosity as well as how is it. Does have sections of organic life in it like plants and aritficial areas or is all mechanical.
    To put into perspective and for other people to understand (I should have put this in the opening post but, I rushed to get it up). Eve is shaped like earth and is 1/3 the size. In relation to earth, the "atmosphere" of Eve contains many mini loading docks to enter the space station. From the outside, it looks like what you would think a space station would look like, dark, metallic and many small lights on it. The loading docks for Eve are about 5 miles thick all the way around the planet. After the Loading Docks, up until the crust, it looks like a planet a human can inhabit, it contains all the necessities that humans need. Eve contains many geographical features earth contained but have some new ones (that we as an RPG can create). Then, past the crust, contains a ten mile diameter core. The core is completely mechanical and is run by the scientists to regulate Eve's weather and gravity. This area is also where the Children of the Stars are being observed and tested. Tests are still going on and so this is where the RP will start. Core to crust transportation is done through the use of elevators.

The movable space colonies, Abraham, Julius and Jehovah are much more you "typical" space stations and are completely mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by chihaya01 View Post
    I have noticed that Virgo is still open, and pretty much a very magical sign. I was wondering if I may reserve the sign.
    Yes you can your spot is reserved.

This is my sig.

Okay, so there are still things like forests, mountains, deserts, plateaus and so on and so forth?

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    Okay, so there are still things like forests, mountains, deserts, plateaus and so on and so forth?
    yes it does

This is my sig.

Name: Lana Kalvin
    Sign: Virgo
    Birthday: 23 August, 2992

Weapon: Lana’s staff, also made of diamond, is a very long cluster of diamonds. However, Lana tends to mix other stones into it whenever she finds them. Currently, she has a few opals and a moon stone placed somewhere in it.

Powers: Light. Holy power flows out of her body, or is it hope?

Wings: Large, angel-like wings formed by light are usually visible on Lana’s back. With them, she can fly as well as move at extremely fast speeds. The wings, when viewing her from the side, almost give he a comet like look since the spread back more than they do to the side.

Hope: In order to heal her allies, or even the earth around her, Lana utilizes the power of hope and belief. Without having faith in herself, her powers become useless. With high hopes, she could perform miracles.

Faith: Lana can sometimes influence others to do what she wants, if in turn they trust her enough. Strong faith and a belief in miracles can also create barriers.

Exile: A blindingly bright flash of light. Lana can create bursts of light which fatally wound the victim of the attack. However, this attack only works whenever Lana has lost all hope. The outcome of the attacks tends to bring some hope back to Lana.

Goddess: The opposite of Exile, when Lana uses Goddess she becomes light itself. The light she shines provides inspiration and determination, healing those bathed in light. If a miracle occurs, there is a slight chance that Lana may use Goddess. She has no actual control of when she uses this attack, mainly because she has never used it.

(WiP?)

Armor: Diamond.

Lana’s diamond armour is more showy since it can be thin yet still very strong. She wears a long, flowing high low maxi dress. Instead of being made from chiseled diamond, the dress is weaved with diamond threads; a very glamorous invention that was popularised in the 50s (2050s) by a rather famous singer who loved the precious stone. The corset of the dress frames her thin body, then opens above her knees and ends at the floor. A lace belt sits on her waist, somewhat plain compared to the rest of her dress. Two long, curved shoulder pads moving away from her head give her dress a large flared collar look. If she wears shoes, which she almost never does, she wears a pair of boots, one silver and the other red. (WiP?)

Personality: (WiP)

Appearance: Lana is a very tall, slender, pale, woman who looks like a realistic Tim Burton character. She happily cuts her hair short and sweeps it to the side. She is also Heterochromic, her left eye stormy grey and the right eye a bright blue. Her large lips are naturally bright pink but she wears black lipstick to cover them, claiming that it has something to do with hiding her true words in a metaphorical sense.

Though gifted with a model’s body, Lana still has small breasts. She can fit into most B cups, sometimes a large A or a small C depending on the brand. Though she mostly wears her armour, Lana can be seen in colourful shorts, a skirt, button up shirts, cardigans, or a short dress. She also must wear her glasses, large with thick frames, or else she can’t see.

History: (WiP)
    Last edited by chihaya01; 7th June 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Crap, forgot the appearance somehow. I'll fix that in tomorrow. Any other problems?

So....Aries is the only one that's available? Would it be all right if I reserved that one?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I am aware that Personality is missing. The SU wasn't done. I'l make one either today or later this week

Regarding the water/ice issue. It does seem the two would be best combined on one character, especially given the powers our character have being virtually the same. I don't have any problems givig Aquarius full control over all states of water, providing I come up with some other feasible power for Pisces. I'm also open for any suggestions.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Getting my SU done tomorrow.
    Hue.
    So the wrath of god in all its fury has been unlocked to welcome the death of evil,
    And all it portrays in the eyes of the good and just
    It shall be known that when the threat to mankind has been laid down to the lord.
    A sceptre of fire shall be driven through all its perpetrators.

Well, Nythe, looking at the history and mythologies, emotion control and water control seem to be the best fits for Pisces. Since you seem to be relinquishing water, that would leave Emotion control. But that might raise a problem with Ming Manipulating Sagittarius.

Emotion control was indeed one of the possibilities I considered, but rejected it because of the reason you mentioned. The problem is that most of what I come up with interferes with another character's power. Either that or it's just terrible.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Speaknig of emotions, my character is done now.

Before I go about accepting or pending any members, I have a proposition. Now, since I didn't foresee any of the elements not necessarily matching their element to be a big issue, we can have the elements switched around to a zodiac sign that more or less matches the sign. If we do this a couple of the signs will not need much editing because, to me they already match the sign. If we do do this, it may cause you to do massive overhauls to your character or just small tiny ones. So, I will leave this up to popular vote via pm but, first, a little preview of what won't change and what will

Not Changing

Aries, Cancer, Virgo and Aquarius.

Reasons

Aries is already a Fire Sign

Cancers tend to pull people in and keep them in their tight grip such as gravity.

Virgo is the virgin so naturally pureness = Light

Aquarius because hes a water bearer so Water Bearer = Water

Up for changing/ Definitely changing

Taurus -> Ground -> Amber
    Gemini -> Thunder -> Topaz (Yellow)
    Leo -> Energy (Non-Elemental) -> Peridot
    Libra -> Wind -> Emerald
    Scorpio -> Darkness -> Scythe -> Garnet
    Sagittarius -> Teleportation
    Capricorn -> Metal -> Onyx -> Arm Blades
    Pisces -> Mind

Explanations

Taurus is already an earth sign

Gemini's are said to be very energetic and and have hard time focusing so Thunder/ Electricity

Leo was hard to pin down so I gave it the non-elemental Energy manipulation

Libra is naturally a Wind sign

Scorpio tend to like 'going there' so to speak. They like knowing the deepest most darkest secrets of life.

Sagittarius Teleportation because of Sagittarius being the explorers of the zodiac

Capricorn Metal was given to because of their tendency to be detached and cold individuals while also having the tendency to destroy things when they do get emotional, such as metal destroys nature

Pisces would get Mind because they are dreamy and emotional and tend to live in their minds alot.

Now, THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE. I'm leaving this up to popular vote. Now, I understand this will cause a stir within the elements and what ones will want. These changes however I feel would make the elements and signs more cohesive and we will not run into any the sign doesn't match the element walls anymore. Now if the change does occur, I would keep people with their elements, not star signs because that what I think attracted people to the star signs was their elements. This will cause personality changes and history edits (more editing) or we can decide on staying with the Zodiac sign which would really only change their powers and armor (less editing). Remember this is not set in stone and I'm leaving this up to popular vote. I think the changes made above match better.

Sorry for all the inconvenience I have caused with the questionable matching of elements.

This is my sig.

I don't mind the change to my sign, but I'll have to edit accordingly. Mine might be a little bit longer, I'm sorry for the hold up with me. I'll do my best to have it by the weekend.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

But.. My character is solely based on both the element and the gemstone....
    I can change the weapon, but I don't wanna change him entirely now that I just finished him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    But.. My character is solely based on both the element and the gemstone....
    I can change the weapon, but I don't wanna change him entirely now that I just finished him.
    IF the change takes place I'll give you scorpio because I understand that capricorn and scorpio had huge edits made to them. Remember the changes haven't been made yet.

This is my sig.

That's true.. But Arm Blades are cooler than a scythe. lol

Well, my vote may not count for as much since the only change would be that I could now use Ice with Pisces no longer using it, but I feel that this makes a lot more sense. And Weapon/Element synergy seems better with some of the new elements (Though I think Leo should probably be changed, but that is something for you and Leo tot alk about)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast