Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho Silver Wind! (398)

This was a good episode. I liked seeing Harley and Caroline back.

I was suprised that the shot with Harley's a** stayed in. Speaking of Harley, he was very funny in this episode. I also liked how they made Harley unpredicatble in this episode. even though he was "nice" to May, it still seemed like he wanted to get his revenge.

Drew was alos good in this episode. He seemed more relaxed than normal.

Brining Caroline back was a good idea. Its better to have her be there rather than having her watch May on TV.

Anyway, 8/10 for this episode. Can't for the next 2 parts, next week.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised to see Harley's butt shot remain intact. It was a fully-covered male ass being shown in a non-sexual way. Why would it have been censored?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Harley was really good in this episode. It was funny how he repeatedly cheered May. But my favorite part was this:

Harley: Use Silver Wind in the whole contest you'll win for sure.
    Drew: That's so a bad stragedy
    Harley: STFU Gary clone!

Season One Complete!

But that butt had clevage! They've been suddenly painting over clevage recently, and that butt had a line on it. IT'S CLEVAGE I TELL YOU!! I originally thought Harley actually shook that butt, guess I was wrong. I thought if anything, they would erase just the line.

Well, this is the first time I saw Harley in action, and he was awesome I really loved the whole 'girlfriend' line. My only complaint against him is that his voice annoys me a little.

Drew was pretty cool this episode. I hated him in the beginning of Hoenn, but now I can tolerate him.

It was also nice to see those past characters mentioned again, and to see Caroline again.~

The appeals were also pretty nice, so I give this episode a 9/10.
    idk what to put here sooo.

And now we reach one of the most horribly-animated episodes in the entire series. Harley's design was completely off in this.

I feel as though the main reason the Grand Festival feels so rushed is because they waste so much time in this and the following episode. The TR scene in this takes up far too much time that could be used to make further appeals or battles, just like the Tonpei sub-plot in next week's Part 2.

On the plus side, they mentioned Kanata, which is enough to warrant greatness in my book. ^_^
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

*sings*...For I've imagined every bit of him...

Sorry, May & Drew fan here!

Anywho, GREAT episode. I just finished watching it. Great to see Caroline again and...okay I'm going to stop beating around the bush, I got to friggin' see Harley and that was too great for words. He may be a sneak and a two-face, but I still love him!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Why would they have taken that line out? It's the seem in all pants.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Hmm...interesting episode. I'm going to miss the next two, though. ;_; I wanna see Flygon....

May is so gullible. I can't believe she was so dumb. Heh, the best way to see through Team Rocket's less obvious disguises is to look at their eyes. Norman doesn't have green eyes. Heh, I notice that kind of thing. But what's this about Jessie and a Swalot that people were talking about on the first page? I didn't see that. Was it edited out?

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    I don't know why everyone is so surprised to see Harley's butt shot remain intact. It was a fully-covered male ass being shown in a non-sexual way. Why would it have been censored?
    Uh, I think having 75% of the screen taken up by his butt sticking out at us is at least a bit sexual. >_>

Well, as much as I appreciate the freshness of Harley's character, he stole all the attention just like he did last time. Once again, his Cacturne lost a chance to get some attention that was given to its trainer. I think James' Cacnea should have evolved right in Harley's face, and it should sound and act a heck of a lot meaner and cooler than Harley's Cacturne. That way it's not too late for it to be more than just another Pokemon that's always annoying James whenever it's called out!

I was quite disappointed to hear all those names of past coordinators that sent letters to May. Not because we hear of them again, but rather the opposite. I'd like at least two or three of them be back! The Phantom perhaps (although I remember him not being allowed to leave or something), and others.

Also, I was hoping that Robert wasn't only a character that was shown early on how coordinators can be cool and competitive. Luckily, they showed him, and while he didn't snatch much attention, I did notice that 98 he got in his preliminary show, which landed him a number one place for the final 64. ^^

Other interesting points were James pretending to be Norman, and purple Jynx.

And I'll end off by asking if anyone else noticed Munchlax's sneaky little paw on Caroline's behind? XD Not a quick observation I made, though. 7/10.

Now who can deny Harley's homosexuality after his obvious and canon crush on Norman. Man, sometimes people make me giggle. They really do.
    Artichan's PokePet

Arti the level 1 Articuno!

Arti's F@g-Hags: fanderichie, Fullmetal_Alchemist, lilineko, magnemite, Phantom_Bugsy, taitofan, The Incarnation Pokemon, and twilightespeon, Zino

Omg! I LOVED this episode! (Obvious reasons: )

Harley was soo Evil today! and i'm surprised that he didn't know that May was Norman's daughter.

I always like contest episodes and this and the rest of the GF will be m favorite episodes.

Jynx is in THIS episode >:[ but Nooooo they HAD to skip the one where it does something.

Anyway Just because it was a contest episode i give it a 9.5/10
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Episode got very strange (with all the Harley parts)including what ~Satoshi~ posted. <.<
    BUt was very funny and good.

Loved this episode, not the part with Harley's *** in our faces but the Contest part

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

I never realized before that those cards were actually from May's past rivals. Loved how she said that they still keep in touch by email and stuff. Now if only they'd mention something about the gang keeping in touch with a certain orange-haired Gym Leader...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Since I missed Harley's debut episode, this is the first chance I've had to experience the wonder that is Harley. Excellent voice actor. Though I didn't like Cacturne's VA much at all. I did love the random Pokemon cameos. Holy crap! Is it just me, or is Drew's Roselia giant? Seriously, Roselias are supposed to be a foot tall, but his is at least two.
    I love how Harley is setting May up. After what he pulled at Izabe, you'd think she would know not to trust him.
    I feel as though the main reason the Grand Festival feels so rushed is because they waste so much time in this and the following episode. The TR scene in this takes up far too much time that could be used to make further appeals or battles, just like the Tonpei sub-plot in next week's Part 2.
    Are you dissing Tonpei? How dare you!
    Why do so many people hate the Grand Festival? I think it got off to an excellent start. And there was no way May could have won the Grand Festival. Even if she had beaten Drew, she still would have had to face Robert. Who the writers have conveniently given freakishly powerful Pokemon.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

It's just annoying that the GF is only 3 episodes, compared to the Hoenn league which is 7.

It's also annoying that Drew, Harley and Robert are the only returning coordinators. Why the hell couldn't Kelly, The Phantom and Grace return too? So many great coordinators and the writers screw them over to one-shot status.

And finally, like idiots, the writers waste time with Team Rocket. Once again leagues are rushed because of the idiotic amount of screentime given to Team Rocket, where they do the same crap here that they do in any filler episode.

Why the writers waste time with Team Rocket in the league eps I have no idea.

Did anyone else notice that for the preliminarys that Robert won first place?
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Satoshi~
    Did anyone else notice that for the preliminarys that Robert won first place?
    Of course I did you silly billy. He's a pretty man. Pretty man.
    Artichan's PokePet

Arti the level 1 Articuno!

Arti's F@g-Hags: fanderichie, Fullmetal_Alchemist, lilineko, magnemite, Phantom_Bugsy, taitofan, The Incarnation Pokemon, and twilightespeon, Zino

I think all of us noticed that

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

Going by how they ranked in the preliminaries, it's already a pretty good hint as to who will beat who. It went Robert ----> Drew ----> May ----> Harley from highest to lowest via the appeals.

In a way, that was already a preview of what's going to happen in the next two episodes.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 21st February 2006 at 1:58 AM.

I doubt the writers did that on purpose. But it's kind of funny how it worked out.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

Robert also got the highest ranking     Spoiler:
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Quote Originally Posted by Poké_Master
    I doubt the writers did that on purpose. But it's kind of funny how it worked out.
    Actually they probably did do that on purpose. Since all 3 episodes aired in Japan right after each other, nobody had time to speculate. Otherwise people probably would have guessed who would beat who by how they ranked in the appeals. It was a subtle preview of what's to come.

Funny how Harley gets the lowest score of the main characters and he doesn't really care.

He was p*ssed off that May beat him, as I recall.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast