Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deceit & Assist (399)

This episode was pretty good. Swalot was cool. I had no idea it was goo-like like Muk. Banette was pretty awesome, too. It was so cool in battle. I'm surprised Banette never got dexed. I really thought Harley was a jerk, just like in "A Cacturne for the Worst".
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 25th February 2006 at 11:58 PM.

Well if anyone missed it, I got the script for the entire episodes

Throws link
    http://members.freewebs.com/MembersB...ageID=45928218

Seeing Banette was cool, it's a Pokemon I like quite a bit.

Kinda weird to have Ash be in the sidelines in this final competition of the region, I guess he'll get to see how it feels to be cheering his friends on from the stadium seats. He'll get his chance soon, anyway.

Tripple the Nurse Joys, heh.

7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I think Harley calling Drew "May's boyfriend" was dub added. Considering May had like, zero reaction to that line, I'm pretty sure Harley didn't say that in the original.

I didn't like that line for that reason, it didn't work well with May's character. She just shrugged it off and didn't care.
    In the original, he said that they were in love. Wow. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    In the original, he said that they were in love. Wow. Big difference.
    No, that was during the first episode when he noticed Drew give her a rose.

Like someone said since tehy ran back to back i might have blurred the two episodes together X-)

something odd thing I noticed
    The three nurse joys had different colored pluses on their hats? red, yellow, and blue i think
    -I thought they were all red...

good two episodes, but it was weird how anthony ended holding combuskens beak shut, it seemed like he didn't even want to win...

and on a side note why are the tv contests so different from the r/s/e game ones

Because the Contests in the games are horrible. They're just a bunch of appeals.

The writers realized that wataching Contests just for appeals would be dull, so they including battling in them. I mean really, the battles are always the most exciting parts about the Contests. I do like it that the appeals are usually creative and fun to watch too, but the battles are the main course.

Strip the fanciness(sp?) and beauty out of the Coordinator battles, and it's just a regular one. Almost the same, really (besides the appeals, of course).

A Question:

I didn't see about half of the episode, so I was wondering if, when Skitty does an Assisst and launches a solarbeam, does the anime flat out say Munchlax knows the move, or do they assume it by saying something like:"Ash:Solarbeam?I didn't know May's pokemon knew that move!"?

The group (mainly Brock and Caroline) suspect that Munchlax may possibly possess the move solarbeam. Either that or May's Bulbasaur may have that move (we only saw 3 of Bulba's moves <vine whip/petal dance/razor leaf> However it is undetermined.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    Either that or May's Bulbasaur may have that move (we only saw 3 of Bulba's moves <vine whip/petal dance/razor leaf>
    It doesn't, and there is no reason to think otherwise. The implication of that scene is incredibly obvious.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Though there really isn't any good reason for the characters (especially Caroline, who hasn't been around and thus has no way of knowing what kind of training May's done with her Pokémon) to immediately jump to the conclusion that it's Munchlax at this point. Bulbasaur would've been the more obvious (though incorrect) guess to make.

I still don't like Harley very much, he can be quite the jerk. At least this episode had some great May/Drew moments. If I can say anything good about Harley, it's that he's making really good material for contestshipping.

Even though May nearly messed things up completely for getting further in the Grand Festival, I think she did do a good job with Skitty. Seeing all the different attacks was pretty interesting (I do love assist), and I liked the comment that it showed the abilities of May's different pokemon. The reaction to the solar beam from out of nowhere was pretty funny too.     Spoiler:

Also, Jessie having to impersonate Anthony was pretty funny. I liked James, Meowth, and Ash's reactions when swalot swallowed Jessie.

Overall, 8/10, knocked down mostly because of Harley.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 9/2 NEW!! 9/6
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

A few things that made me laugh and surprised:

- Jessie wearing the Anthony costume and not James(he never gets a big role in these plots).
    - Skitty using Solarbeam. Yeah probably was Munchlax.
    - Snorunt still hasnt quite gotten Ice Beam down pat yet...
    - Is it just me or does the judge left of the 3x nurse joys sound exactly like the voice of the show's narrator. He's the guy that reminds of Simon from American Idol.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

For the last part, huh?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    For the last part, huh?
    In the contests there is usually 3 judges: 2 guys and a nurse joy. In this contest there were 3 nurse joys and 2 guys. The second guy from the right sounds just like the narrator of the show.

If someone could give me an image of the introduction of the judges, this would be much easier to explain.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios
    In the contests there is usually 3 judges: 2 guys and a nurse joy. In this contest there were 3 nurse joys and 2 guys. The second guy from the right sounds just like the narrator of the show.

If someone could give me an image of the introduction of the judges, this would be much easier to explain.
    That's because Mr. Contesta is voiced by Mike Pollock, the same guy who does the narrarating.

Sorry if I'm going at Jessie (as usual) but she really went over line from stealing ribbons to trying to fight for them.

A very good episode both May's and Drew's contest preformences were amazing, very well executed. May is definitely a natural at Pokemon Contests but she still has alot to learn about contests. Nice to see that she barely made it through to the next round of competition now she just need to defeat Harley and Drew and win the competition.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Bleh. Harley again. I've gotten sick of him and contests at this point. I just don't like them very much.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I loved this episode! I love May, Harley, Drew, the appeals, the contestshipping moments, Harley's plans backfiring, and the Grand Festival stadium!

Harley's backfiring was the best part in this episode, I loved the expression on his face!
    May's Skitty was just amazing in this episode, and I must admit I enjoyed every second of their awesome teamwork.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I love the whole contest aspect of the show! I love it, it suits me much better then the battling lol.

I love Haruka's constant use of Assist. It was just so. . Exciting to watch! XD

It's always funny when Harley's schemes fail. Though I think the writers get confused with Petal Dance, in some episodes it confuses the user and in others they have it confuse the target. Apart from that, alright episode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast