Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhapsody In Drew (400)

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Because that's its effect. A small reminder that its confusion kickbacks are still present, if not always touched on.
    But why now? Why this time? Skitty is very well trained. It would have made more sense for May's Bulbasaur to have become confused the first few times it used Petal Dance, as it was barely trained and weak.

Then again it may have been because Skitty is a Normal Type. I mean, we've only seen Grass Types use Petal Dance [obviously]. Maybe because Skitty isn't a Grass Type it wasn't able to handle it...*thinks*

Ha, because they felt like it. Just how they felt like having Snorunt evolve, and having May lose, and having Norman sit on his dupper at home with a towel around his neck instead of going to Slateport to see his daughter perform.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    Ummm....how is this a Solar Beam? Because that's what Skitty used when everyone looked at Munchlax. It doesn't look like a Solar Beam. It looks more like an Electric Attack. Also, did the announcer actually say something along the lines of "Wow! A Solar Beam Attack!" or anything to justify it as so? Finally, did Skitty have to charge-up before using it? Because a Solar Beam is a Solar Beam, no matter if it's Assisted or not [so it should have needed a charge-up].
    We know it's Solar Beam because both Ash and Brock identified it as such.

Question: Why did Skitty become Confused after using Petal Dance? If I recall correctly, no Pokemon has become confused after using it. Roselia and Bulbasur have used it countless times without a hint of Confusion. *Is Confused *
    As Brock said, it's rare, but possible.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken

But why now? Why this time? Skitty is very well trained. It would have made more sense for May's Bulbasaur to have become confused the first few times it used Petal Dance, as it was barely trained and weak.
    Isn't it possible that Skitty got confused because it likes to follow moving objects? No matter how much training a Skitty gets, it will follow moving objects. Maybe it saw the attack it was performing and thought ''what pretty little leaves'' and next thing you know it is confused. Or maybe it was to show that Skitty isn't as super as we think *shrugs*

MayAsh1987 Guest

The 3rd one surprised me so much. Harley with Barnette, Snorunt evolving to Glalie, Drew with Flygon, Robert coming back. Sheez, I don't know what to believe anymore. Even though I knew May lost, but she did really good for her first grand festival. Also, I never knew about the pattern where every 100th episode a capture or a Pokemon evolves, pretty weird.

I love surprises! I betting if the Grand Festival gave so many surprises, I bet maybe the Hoenn League might have so much surprises as well. People who been praying for Grovyle or Corphish to envolve might happen, or people from the past leagues might come back, new rivals for Ash, maybe a new twist in the Hoenn League, rules, I don't know, anything could happen. All everyone have to do is sit back and enjoy, everything is possible.

yay, I finally saw these episodes ^^. Wow, that was quite a lot of interesting stuff. Double battles in contests, several Pokemon having their first feature appearances in the series, a Kairos jumping out of a Marugnome's mouth (I did NOT see that one coming), Yukiwarashi unexpectedly evolves into Onigoori (and I'll be damned, it's able to hover outside of Pokemon Colloseum... here I was thinking it'd move similarly to Foretosu), a cool Pokemon like Flygon ends up being owned by a recurring character, they reveal one of Gonbe's techniques, I got to see plenty of Harley and hear that seiyuu of his I like a lot (and it was the first time I heard Kanemaru Jun'ichi performing with high-pitched squeals XD), Robert's Mirokarosu actually does something this time around, and not one, but two lyrical songs played in a single episode: "Ready, Go!" and "OK!", both songs being pretty good.

I also couldn't help but notice their use of CG graphics (Amemoth's bubbles in the previous episode, confetti at the end of the GF), something that, while common in movies, hasn't come up in the series too often. Guess it's cause this was a special, and a pretty big event in the series, that they feel they should go the extra mile in terms of animation. Overall, the Grand Festival was short, but extremely well-done in my eyes. I can't wait to see how the tournament's gonna get pulled off.

Oh yeah, it seems Onigoori didn't appear in Glory Day.... guess Glory Day is doing that Gonbe bit all over again, where it doesn't get updated until a few episodes after the change occured. And, is it just me, or does Harley have a tendency to use 'atashi' (feministic first-person form)?
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 9th April 2005 at 11:59 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Given this new intrigue about munchlax's power I'd say that May is here for a while longer... but, as Serebii said, enough of that.

I knew the writers/animators could make glalie seem like a friendly pokemon, they can inject the "cute" factor into any pokemon they choose... so there's hope for anything in the future.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    And, is it just me, or does Harley have a tendency to use 'atashi' (feministic first-person form)?
    Yes, Harley's speech patterns are distinctly feminine.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

I don't know why Munchlax could learn Solar Beam. I mean, normally Normal-types can learn all kinda of bizarre attacks, but I don't think many learn Grass moves.

And Glalie= ugly as sin...
    Diamond Team:

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    I knew the writers/animators could make glalie seem like a friendly pokemon, they can inject the "cute" factor into any pokemon they choose... so there's hope for anything in the future.
    Yeah, like Corphish into Crawdaunt! ^_^ </hope>

Anyway, great series of episode here. The wait was very well worth it. Great battles, the return of so many classic characters, and Snorunt's evolution! I was hoping Snorunt would have evolved in a battle against Shuu's Flygon... oh well.

As for those who think Haruka-san is going to leave, I highly doubt it. She's not only one of the main characters now, but a highly popular one. I have a gut feeling that she's sticking around for a long time.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ralts Master
    I don't know why Munchlax could learn Solar Beam. I mean, normally Normal-types can learn all kinda of bizarre attacks, but I don't think many learn Grass moves.
    IIRC, Kabigon was always able to use Solar Beam. I don't see why it's such a suprise that Gonbe learns it. o_O;
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

~Toshi~ Guest

Another good ep.

I was very sad when May lost. I was so hoping she would win. Yet, in the back of my mind I knew she wouldn't. I saw the whole 'May vs. Drew battle with Drew winning' thing coming miles away.

SNORUNT EVOLVED! Why on Earth Snorunt, of all of Ash's Pokemon? I did not want to see either Snorunt or Corphish evolve. I just could not picture Ash with a Dark type. I can't see a 'cute factor' being put into Glalie.
    Last edited by ~Toshi~; 10th April 2005 at 1:55 AM.

...I'm going to put all my feelings and thoughts about this Three-Parter into this one thread. Posting them across all three would just be a pain.

Firstly let me say this one thing. What a dissapointment. I should have listened to Gravy when he said he had a bad feeling about these episodes, because he was right. The animation and music across all three episodes was just way off, and surely not what something as cool as the Grand Festival deserved.

Animation, Episode 1: Awful. Harley looked totally crap in this episode... a far cry from the utter hotness he possessed in his debut episode. Some people seem to think it doesn't matter who draws the characters... but you know, it does. The animation and general look of the characters, especially poor, wonderous Harley, really stunk in this episode. :P

Animation, Episode 2: Mmmm... much better. But not by much. In this episode, Harley looks like frikking RUBBER. o.o; Not good. Get the frikking Gonbe Capture episode people on these sort of episodes, please. Not the sucky ones. >.> I did notice some hot a*s waggling action from Harley as he walked out on May, though. Good stuff.

Animation, Episode 3: Gah. Sucky, once again. Harley looked better in this episode than he did the first, but not as good as he did in the second episode. Again, he and his Pokemon looked like he was made out of rubber.

General Music: Sucked. Apart from the music played in the Shuu vs. May battle, and the Grand Festival theme. The music played during the May vs. Harley battle was really rubbish though... not dramatic, or evil, or anything. Just plain ol' Pokemon Music. I also liked the music that played in the first episode whenever Harley (Again, looked awful! Please put more effort into the bishies, Thank You Very Much.) appeared. It made me smile. :3

Battles:

May vs. Harley: Like I said, AWFUL. The animation and music made it even worse, and it didn't seem like the dramatic showdown they should have had. :P They also made Harley's Pokemon out to be extremely weak, which saddened me. Banette could have done more, also. (And what the HELL was up with Pin Missile? Go back to the old animation, please. o.o) Will o Wisp looked cheap, and it was over far too soon. :P I'm very saddened by this battle.

Although, I imagine from Harley's anger after he lost and when Shuu beat her, he still must hate her guts and may come looking for revenge later.

May vs. Shuu: Now, THIS is what I wanted from the May vs. Harley battle. Great music, great Attacks... The Full Monty. I also liked OK being played, and the dramatic music and such. Flygon and Roselia made a great combination, may I add.

Shuu vs. Robert: Only one thing I can say: PWNED. Claydol didn't do much, though. And am I right in saying that Robert was voiced by Sho Hayami? I got a sense of deja vu when I heard his 'Iron Tail desu' line.

Bah. I haven't really got much else to say, other than I'm shocked and saddened by the Grand Festival. They simply rushed it to ensure that Ash got more time in the Houen League... I for one hope that said League will make up for this bitter charade.

YAY FOR HARLEY. Even though he looked like rubber and his Pokemon didn't really... you know, do very good. o.o; I still love him though, and his utter gayness.

Indigo Guest

I just saw the pictures and stuff, didn't actually see the episode, so this will be relatively quick.

Insight Tidbit Number One: Drew with Flygon equals one word: drooling. That Pokémon is so damn cool, it deserves a recurring character! Good job, writers! Not to mention they caught us all completely off guard. And from what I hear, its battle was pretty good, too.

ITN Two: Come on. W e all knew May was going to lose. As I went throught the pictures, I knew exactly what was going to happen. With everyone. That part of the trilogy was painfully predictable.

ITN Three: May's not leaving. Too popular. However, I'm still hoping for Misty to come back. DREW AND MAY BELONG TOGETHER, DAMMIT! ASH AND MISTY FOREVER!!!!

...Ahem. You didn't hear anything.

ITN 4: Glalie...O.O Wow. When I saw that Ash had a new Pokémon, I was hoping to heaven for Sceptile. But when I saw Glalie, I couldn't imagine Ash with one. But truthfully, I think this is the best decision that the writers have ever made. Ever. I'm absolutely serious. Think about it; an evolution that catches us all completely off guard, a big, strong, usually regarded as ugly Pokémon for someone like Ash. Guys, this is the same Ash who had a Cyndaquil, a Bayleef, a Totodile, a Phanpy, a Pikachu, and a Noctowl for a lineup merely one region ago. Look how far he's come, just look for a sec:

Pikachu
    Grovyle--replaced Bayleef
    Torkoal--replaced Cyndaquil
    Corphish--replaced Totodile
    Swellow--replaced Noctowl
    Glalie--replaced Phanpy

Do you see the difference in this? The writers practically said, "Screw the cute Pokémon, we're giving Ash some badass powerhouses!" It's such a big improvement. If they keep going like this, we'll have Crawdaunt and Sceptile in no time. It was the best decision they've ever made. It really, really was.

That's all I have to say. Oh, just one more thing: If you ever bash Glalie, you'll have to answer to me. >=)

~Indigo, Glalie's newest fan

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Yes, Harley's speech patterns are distinctly feminine.
    heh...being in America, I've never seen Harley on TV. From the pictures I've seen, I got the impression that Harley was a girl. Think when the episode gets to America Harley will be a girl? It wouldn't be that difficult to do...Harley does look like a girl.

Oh crap...there are Harley fans here.

Go Glalie! I'm glad that happened. Go go Corphish...your turn to shine...again.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Wait that member! OMG HE/SHE Said something big an unexpected evolvution/capture happens on very 100th episode! That member was right. Glalie!
    You would be reffering to me. I deserve a cookie don't I for my Psychic powers. Nah I don't because it was those Yahoo's from TvTome who had the idea at first and I just posted that to prove how stupid they are. As it turned out, I was the fool and this proves that TvTome isn't always wrong. (That was retarded)

As for Glalie, both Ash and Glalie look proud of it. After J&J got ice blasted off Ash gave the overgrown snowball a hug and Glalie accepted it and smiled. I don't think we will see any disobedience with this one.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Mawile_Eyes Guest

Grand Festival was so wonderful. May had a great battle with Drew and he was back with the strong pokemon. I like double battles and May was so good. Bullbasaur-Beautifly or Skitty-Combusken.

Robert made me amazing. He had a Claydol and he defeated Drew like before. But I hope there wold be a battle between him and May

Hales Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    ITN 4: Glalie...O.O Wow. When I saw that Ash had a new Pokémon, I was hoping to heaven for Sceptile. But when I saw Glalie, I couldn't imagine Ash with one. But truthfully, I think this is the best decision that the writers have ever made. Ever. I'm absolutely serious. Think about it; an evolution that catches us all completely off guard, a big, strong, usually regarded as ugly Pokémon for someone like Ash. Guys, this is the same Ash who had a Cyndaquil, a Bayleef, a Totodile, a Phanpy, a Pikachu, and a Noctowl for a lineup merely one region ago. Look how far he's come, just look for a sec:

Pikachu
    Grovyle--replaced Bayleef
    Torkoal--replaced Cyndaquil
    Corphish--replaced Totodile
    Swellow--replaced Noctowl
    Glalie--replaced Phanpy

Do you see the difference in this? The writers practically said, "Screw the cute Pokémon, we're giving Ash some badass powerhouses!" It's such a big improvement. If they keep going like this, we'll have Crawdaunt and Sceptile in no time. It was the best decision they've ever made. It really, really was.

That's all I have to say. Oh, just one more thing: If you ever bash Glalie, you'll have to answer to me. >=)

~Indigo, Glalie's newest fan
    Totally right there Indigo, plus you know I love all of Ash's new pokemon from Hoenn, and I haven't even see Snorunt, Glalie, Torkoal and Grovyle yet...

I took one look at Ash's Glalie and fell in love with it, so I'm a fan of Glalie just Ash's though

I'm putting up my hand for a evolution of Crawdaunt and Sceptile, I'm hoping for Ash to get in the final round but lose but make a very good impression... in doing so. (plus beat them in the next region )

About Drew... does Drew actually show affection for May in this three parter? as the pictures between Drew and Harley it looked like Drew wanted to strangle him for being nasty to May .

Quote Originally Posted by El Ludy
    You would be reffering to me. I deserve a cookie don't I for my Psychic powers. Nah I don't because it was those Yahoo's from TvTome who had the idea at first and I just posted that to prove how stupid they are. As it turned out, I was the fool and this proves that TvTome isn't always wrong. (That was retarded)

As for Glalie, both Ash and Glalie look proud of it. After J&J got ice blasted off Ash gave the overgrown snowball a hug and Glalie accepted it and smiled. I don't think we will see any disobedience with this one.
    Yes it was you. I couldn't remember who it was......But you were right about the 400th ep. Yay!*Gives cookies and muffins*

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    About Drew... does Drew actually show affection for May in this three parter? as the pictures between Drew and Harley it looked like Drew wanted to strangle him for being nasty to May .
    In his own way, I thought it was quite clear that he did indeed show affection for her.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Hales Guest

Well I want to like Drew and hoped he would improve with his attitude towards May, as he disappointed me in his earlier episodes

Haruka Guest

All 3 episodes were great!

First one - little boring. Harley sent false smiles to Haruka. Jealous Drew ^_^
    James as Norman again o_O Haha, Espeon was really thin. Needs more food lol I have seen Kanata for a moment. Probably she didn't get many ribbons then. Haruka was little naive; she shouldn't trust Harley so much. I dunno why she did that.

Second One - yay! Still sweet friendship between Harley and Haruka. Its good, Drew exposed him. BTW, I loved Drew's pokemon. Bubbles were so pretty.
    Skitty! I love that little pal. I love his power. Skitty has magical power^^
    That fat guy with Swalot made me cry. I dunno, he was so unhappy and sweet.

Thurd One - wow! I heard "OK!" Hehe! Battle between Haruka and Drew was super! I think, Flygon from "Jirachi-wish maker" was bigger than this one o_O
    Combusken and Skitty had a good power. Usually dragon pokemon win without troubles... I luv Skitty-san lol
    Sweet Snorunt evolved! I hope, Glarie will be ok. I liked cute Snornut. Glarie isn't so funny anymore... but you can discover it without my help lol
    HAHAHA! Haruka likes Drew^^ Finally she showed her real feeling! ^^ I hope, she will meet him again.

About all 3 episodes: good music, very good animations, great battles!
    BTW, I love Harley^^ So cute!
    Last edited by Haruka; 10th April 2005 at 4:01 PM.

Am I the only one who would prefer to see one of the following evolutions over Snorunt's;

Grovyle reaching his full potential and achieving his dream
    Corphish proving his potential and becoming the powerhouse he always wanted to be
    Combusken evolving and kicking Drew's sorry ***!
    Skitty somehow evolving before battle and using her newfound power to annihilate Flygon with a strengthened Blizzard

I think any of these would be better, personally!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

^ Skitty will never evolve because it's a promotional pokemon like Pikachu. They gave May Skitty because girls with kittens are very popular in Japan. Why do you think there are catgirls in so many anime shows? Delcatty just doesn't have the same cutness factor that Skitty has.

As for Grovyle and Combusken, they're coming...

Wow, a lot of people thought these episodes were great. I guess it's just me that found them a major dissapointment... ;_;

And trust me, I wish I didn't. :P

GET THE GOOD ANIMATORS IN NEXT TIME PLEASE.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast