Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Rhapsody In Drew (400)

It was intense seeing the battle between May and Harley come to an end. But what is the title's pun? I didn't understand it much :/

May's Bulbasaur and Beautifly combo actually overwhelmed Harley's Cacturne and Banette combo. May barely won that. Then Robert the Coordinator almost gets mugged by Team Rocket, I liked that he gave Snorunt some tips on how to control Ice Beam.

Snorunt's evolution surprised me! I didn't think it would evolve so soon after being caught by Ash. May losing to Drew and Drew losing to Robert was the saddest thing. I felt like this Grand Festival was a total waste :/ 5/10

The Grand Festival wasn't too bad, it was good to see Glalie evolved but pity it had a short stay really (I think it's a cool Pokemon).
    Nice to see Flygon in this episode too. I can see why Norman didn't come with Caroline, afterall with the Pokemon League coming up trainers will be trying for their final badge. It was sad neither Drew or May won though. It's interesting Robert appeared in the first episode of the contest and final episode of the contest, one of the few randoms that appeared without actually interacting with May until now.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was cool. It was great to see Snorunt evolve into Glalie and master Ice Beam. May's battle with Drew was great. It was cool to see that Drew had a Flygon, and used it in the battle. The battle against Drew was really intense and a tough call. Too bad May lost, I'm not surprised though.

74/100

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    And damn it, Robert sounds like Juan!
    I dunno they're related? For all I know they could be like a great uncle or something. Now I have offically jumped in as a fan of Robert. Shame he wasn't really given much more air time

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I kind of wish Snorunt evolved in the next episode or right before the Grand Festival, it took some screentime out of the battles which could have been longer.

I never liked how they always had Ash doing something during the Grand Festivals. In this one he was training Snorunt, and in the Kanto one he was running after Aipom.

Its disappointing that May, and later Dawn, just sit during his Gym battles and leagues and do nothing, but during their contests or grand festivals Ash is always taking screentime away.
    They could of had them doing something too while he was battling in his gyms instead of sitting around yapping their mouths but I guess the writers weren't thinking too clearly on that.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    It was intense seeing the battle between May and Harley come to an end. But what is the title's pun? I didn't understand it much :/

May's Bulbasaur and Beautifly combo actually overwhelmed Harley's Cacturne and Banette combo. May barely won that. Then Robert the Coordinator almost gets mugged by Team Rocket, I liked that he gave Snorunt some tips on how to control Ice Beam.

Snorunt's evolution surprised me! I didn't think it would evolve so soon after being caught by Ash. May losing to Drew and Drew losing to Robert was the saddest thing. I felt like this Grand Festival was a total waste :/ 5/10
    'Rhapsody in Blue' (Drew) is the pun of the episode's title. It's a reasonably well-known song.
    {Insert signature here}

Comparing this to the Sinnoh Grand Festival, this one was poorly handled. The appeals outside of Drew's were pretty boring (though his wasn't that exciting either), the random introduction of characters like Anthony made no sense since that could've been used to more time for the battles, and it was a rushed mess overall. You know something has gone bad when the battling portion of the Grand Festival took all of one episode to wrap up in total.

Just another reason why Dawn's journey was better than May's.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Comparing this to the Sinnoh Grand Festival, this one was poorly handled. The appeals outside of Drew's were pretty boring (though his wasn't that exciting either), the random introduction of characters like Anthony made no sense since that could've been used to more time for the battles, and it was a rushed mess overall. You know something has gone bad when the battling portion of the Grand Festival took all of one episode to wrap up in total.

Just another reason why Dawn's journey was better than May's.
    Dawn only got 1 Grand Festival though, and she only had two full battles in it. Its practically the same when you think about it, Dawn's only full battles were against Ursula and Zoey, and her battle against Jessie was literally 30 seconds long...with all her other matches being skipped entirely.

Not sure why the writers don't have the Grand Festivals be 5 episodes long, its like they purposely just made them to be slightly extended Contests rather then events like the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dawn only got 1 Grand Festival though, and she only had two full battles in it. Its practically the same when you think about it, Dawn's only full battles were against Ursula and Zoey, and her battle against Jessie was literally 30 seconds long...with all her other matches being skipped entirely.
    The Jessie business was quite the **** up I agree. It was better that they skipped her other matches though since she wasn't going to lose to some random trainer and it would've wasted time.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    The Jessie business was quite the **** up I agree. It was better that they skipped her other matches though since she wasn't going to lose to some random trainer and it would've wasted time.
    Yeah I don't understand why all the Grand Festivals weren't longer though. The Contests got almost equal screentime to the Gyms in every saga, but the Grand Festivals were only 3-4 eps while leagues were like 8 episodes.

Makes no sense really. Oh well, at least May got a second Grand Festival that was handled better than this one was.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789