Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rhapsody In Drew (400)

This goes alongside Grovyle, Lombre, Corphish, Torkoal, Chimecho and Munchlax as another pokemon caught/evolved without indication in an opening/ending
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    I was thinking that. I was wondering why everyone was saying that the Solar Beam was from Munchlax when theres more chance of Bulbasaur knowing it.
    Aside from the scene clearly being made to indicate Munchlax knew the move, it should be pointed out that there is no reason May's Bulbasaur could know the move.

Think about it, May's Bulbasaur was little more than a baby when she first got it and quite inexperienced. Ash's was several times more powerful and larger, even when he first caught it it was stronger and older than May's. Solarbeam is about the strongest and most advanced move a Grass type can learn, I'm sure May would know if it learned the move. I mean they worked hard on Petal Dance, how could it have learned Solarbeam as well and not have demonstrated it?

WindyNight Guest

I just watched that episode...It's really good, I like it alot...
    I just feel really sorry for both May and Drew...Both of them lost...*sigh* I wish one of them could win..Oh well...

Okay, what was May doing blushing at the end of the episode? You know, when Drew left and Ash and his friends came? Then May's mom noticed and said something to her that made her nervous? That was unexpected.

EDIT: And I'm hoping that Harley's dub voice will sound like Dub Sanji. Somehow, that voice seems perfect for him...
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 26th April 2005 at 3:43 AM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy
    Okay, what was May doing blushing at the end of the episode? You know, when Drew left and Ash and his friends came? Then May's mom noticed and said something to her that made her nervous? That was unexpected.

EDIT: And I'm hoping that Harley's dub voice will sound like Dub Sanji. Somehow, that voice seems perfect for him...

urgh..hell no! dub sanji is terrible! Keep random accents away from pokemon characters....-.-

I'm actually used to his voice now. Anyway, May didn't by any chance blush because of some kind of crush-related reason, was it?
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I think so..because of the look on the face of haruka´s mother. Haruka blushes when Takeshi asks something like " isn´t this shu" (or something like that..I can´t understand japanese at all ^^") anyway, he was referring to shu which made her blush and I think that haruka´s mother said something about a crush on shu or something like this. I could be wrong but I would have been nice

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy
    I'm actually used to his voice now. Anyway, May didn't by any chance blush because of some kind of crush-related reason, was it?
    not really she got mad at her Mom for saying such a thing but she didn't blush.

Oh and for Harlys dub voice, the voice of Ryu (Shaman King) and that Navy guys son (One Peice)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    not really she got mad at her Mom for saying such a thing but she didn't blush.

Oh and for Harlys dub voice, the voice of Ryu (Shaman King) and that Navy guys son (One Peice)
    WTF. Of course she was blushing. She was pretty much blushing the whole damn scene. >.>

She even tried to get everyone off the subject by talking about her new goal. :3

When snorunt evolved..The japanese song that was in disaster of disguise saga started playing and stopped playing at the end of may's fight with the chubby guy who in despair last time. (Badges stolen by you know who)

EDIT: So that's why Haruka was blushing. I thought it was a crush thing.
    Last edited by kingboo30; 30th April 2005 at 10:07 PM.
    Want to make games?

Join Zelda Classic! Say that I directed you there
    http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

Twilight Jirachi Guest

Ummm....how is this a Solar Beam? Because that's what Skitty used when everyone looked at Munchlax. It doesn't look like a Solar Beam. It looks more like an Electric Attack. Also, did the announcer actually say something along the lines of "Wow! A Solar Beam Attack!" or anything to justify it as so? Finally, did Skitty have to charge-up before using it? Because a Solar Beam is a Solar Beam, no matter if it's Assisted or not [so it should have needed a charge-up].
    Crap thats more of an Ice Beam than a solarbeam. Solarbeam is white not blue.
    I know what attack is what.

BrokenDreams Guest

Does anybody know how many coordinaters participated in the Grand Festival?

meganium5000 Guest

Me the Best! Oh Yeah

How did Claydol get into theTwister?
    I've only seen pics and I guess it might uhave used Teleport , can anyone say something about it ( if you've seen the whole ep)

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Snorunt evolves in this eppy ^_^ even though he only had it for about 6 eps

yeah But Glailie is better^^ (400th episode yay)

Oh yeah a pokemon evolves every 100 eps maybe Corphish will on ep 500?

I think its MUCH shorter then that....There have been AT LEAST fifteen evo's and that would mean there have only been 3

I'm saying that every time we get to ep 1,2,3,4,and 5 hundred something evolves.

"Combusken use Jump!"

Eh?

And why exactly was Brock blushing at the Vine Whips?

And damn it, Robert sounds like Juan!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    And damn it, Robert sounds like Juan!
    He didn't keep his old voice?

His old voice was perfect. And did the remember who Robert was X_X

Pretty good ending but the best part was Snorunt evolving. Can't wait to see Glalie fight in the Hoenn league. Snorunt was cute, but I think evolving it was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    He didn't keep his old voice?

His old voice was perfect. And did the remember who Robert was X_X
    To tell you the truth, I can't remember who voiced him before. Maybe it was Mike Pollock. Still, that's not why I'm upset. The voice that the gave him was just Sean Schemmel's Juan/Crowler voice. WAY too soon to be hearing that again.

Glalie sounds exactly as I thought it would. Glad to see they didn't give it the now dubbed "Shiftry Voice"
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode was good and a good GF overall although as people will notice you can tell the writers rushed. It seemed like the writers tried jamming too many things in one episode. For the comment about Harley with Sanji's voice god I hope not. Harley's voice is good as it is. Besides young Sanji is voiced by Veronica Taylor which would be interesting to see the two VA's work in an episode again but W/E. Although it made me cringe when listening to young Sanji talk in that entire episode mainly because he sounded way too much like ash and nothing like his older self.

I've been waiting for this moment ever since Episode 385. Ash gets a Glalie =DDD

This episode insta-wins because of Glalie. Its voice was justincredible. And it wasn't that Shiftry voice most Pokémon get stuck with, it was deeper and more menacing. That's a yes

Glalie's Ice Beam looked amazing, it's getting me quite excited for the Hoenn League =)

I noticed Glalie's size, and yeah, it's a lot smaller than it should be.

Snorunt's evolution was rather out there, I'll admit. Snorunt was running alongside Ash for no apparent reason, and then it saved Pikachu from a powerful attack.....for no apparent reason(this makes a bit more sense, though. Snorunt can be selfless when puit to the test ). Still, if it gave us Glalie, I have no complaints =D

I liked having some sort of side-story with Robert, because he's a cool guy and it would be a shame to have him as just another winner =[

Enough about Glalie, though. It made the episode for me, but that's not the point of this episode.

Banette was pronounced strangely, a bit different than I had expected it. I expected the first syllable to be pronounced like the actual word, "Ban," as in Banned from the Forums.

Harley and May's battle seemed a little fast-paced ;-; I wish it had been just a bit longer and well thought-out, but meh.

Pinsir appearance, excellent. Anthony's tactics were good, it's a shame we couldn't see more of them.

Sky Uppercut looked magnificent here, especially when it hit Flygon.

Speaking of Flygon, I was incredibly disappointed that Ash had to Dex it ._. He rode the thing in Jirachi: Wishmaker, he should be able to remember it.

The TC wasn't that hard, as opposed to the prio episode's. I would've died laughing if they chose Regirock as the right answer, though xD

We barely saw anything of Robert vs. Drew, which is a shame, because I enjoy both of their battles whenever I see them.

The ending bit was nice as well. Drew's explanation of how vital training is for the next Festival was superb.

Overall rating:
    9.3 out of 10
    To me, this episode was worth it because of Glalie's debut. But other than that, it was a solid episode, ruined slightly by the fact that it was noticably rushed.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast