Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Rhapsody In Drew (400)

Geki Guest

An AWESOME episode. May VS Harley was my favorite, May pwned him!! May VS Drew was also really good. Ash's Snorunt evolved which was the best part of the episode for me. I can't wait for the next four weeks, the Hoenn League finally. I can't wait for that.

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    Speaking of Flygon, I was incredibly disappointed that Ash had to Dex it ._. He rode the thing in Jirachi: Wishmaker, he should be able to remember it.
    "So that's a Flygon."

I know. It's pathetic. But sometimes, they just have to follow what the episode dictates. Put the blame on the original writers for having Ash using his PokeDex.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I love this episode!

Drew and May rock!! Robert's voice was just....ug

I love how May's mom noticed something going on at the "romantic beach" between May and Drew

Awsome episode!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    "So that's a Flygon."
    You know, that scene would have been salvaged if Brock had punched Ash in the back of the head after that comment. It really would have.
    Hey, if he can wallop Misty...

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Hey, if he can wallop Misty...
    When did he whallop Misty?! You must tell me!
    V | Faction

When did he whallop Misty?! You must tell me!
    'Bulbsaur's Hidden Village' or whatever it was called. Punched her in the head twice if I recall correctly.

Brock: The suave, debonair ladies man.

This episode really had some great dialouge.

When Harley was watching the crowd cheer for May even though she lost he goes, "There's just no justice!"

Drew's, "Don't trust anybody!" line pretty much sums up his character. I was quite pleased he said that to May, since May is awfully naive and trusting. That line pretty much proves that Drew is a loner who quite frankly, doesn't trust anybody.

The Robert/Ash/Glalie scene was also quite good. Nice to see an experienced coordinator help get Snorunt to use Ice beam and evolve.

Battles were pretty good as well. May put up a great fight against both Harley and Drew. In fact, she nearly gave Drew a run for his money at some points. I wouldn't be all that surprised if she beats him in the next Grand Festival.

Combusken going inside the flamethrower was fantastic, as well as Bulbasaur riding ontop of Beautifly.

Again, shame the Anthony/May and Robert/Drew battles were like 10 seconds each. Wish we gotta another episode for the GF.

Caroline is a nice lady, I like her much more than Delia. Finally a mother who is not a total screw ball in this show! Caroline's line about her daughter becoming such a great coordinator when she hated Pokemon at first was also very heartwarming.

MY GOD I LOVE MAY'S FAMILY! Caroline >>>>>>>>>>> Delia.

Excellent episodes, only wish it was just one episode longer.

The battles were alright although I thought some situations could've been handled by May better. One thing petal dance countering will o wisp was rather odd and I still dont understand. Also May could've beaten but it was obvious that once she ordered tackle and quick attack it was over for her. I also wish she remebered that Ice>Dragon. I also dont think she ever touched upon using her fire attacks against roselia either but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Caroline is a nice lady, I like her much more than Delia. Finally a mother who is not a total screw ball in this show! Caroline's line about her daughter becoming such a great coordinator when she hated Pokemon at first was also very heartwarming.

MY GOD I LOVE MAY'S FAMILY! Caroline >>>>>>>>>>> Delia.
    Meh. Both are M.I.L.F.'s. That's good enough for me.
    V | Faction

And one seems to actually be a caring realistic mother, the other is a nutjob who is more worried about Ash changing his underwear than anything else.

I wonder where May got her girliness from. Unless Caroline was a wild girl when she was younger...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    And one seems to actually be a worried realistic mother, the other is a psycho who is more worried about contestshipping than anything else.
    See how easily it can be changed? Ha!
    V | Faction

heh I just saw it and i love dit....especialy theese to parts....

May: *to harley* AND YOU DRESS WEIRD!"

and

Ash: *out of nowhere* Cone? *sticks Ice Cream in mays face*

Meh. Both are M.I.L.F.'s. That's good enough for me.
    Horray

anyway, this episode was quite well done, though a tad rush... nothing more to comment on though...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I'm glad we finally go to see the whole Grand Festival. I do agree with like everyone else. Harley was just drawn badly. Loved her double battle against him. The only thing that would have made it better is if she went up to him at the end and "female-dog" slapped him.

I must say I'm not a fan of Glalie's voice. I expected it to be a bit echo-y. But I really don't care, it evolved. Ash's power team is complete.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    I noticed Glalie's size, and yeah, it's a lot smaller than it should be.
    YES, and it bugged the hell out of me. >.< It didn't look very much larger at all compared to Snorunt, for cryin' out loud... Although...yeah, Ash would've had a harder time getting his arms around it; wouldn't want to sacrifice the cute little hug scene...psssh. u_u

Still, though, fun-size or not, CRAP, THAT THING WAS COOL. I dreaded them possibly giving it a stupid voice, and blessedly, they didn't. They made it sound...evil. Absolutely frelling evil. I love it. ^^

...though the VOICE OF SOUL-DEVOURING DOOM would have been even more effective had Glalie been the proper size...

OKAY, I WILL SHUT UP ABOUT THE SIZE NOW. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    "So that's a Flygon."
    You know, that scene would have been salvaged if Brock had punched Ash in the back of the head after that comment. It really would have.
    That absolutely should have happened, especially since at least one other person indicated the frelling thing as a Flygon, as did THE FLYGON ITSELF. Good grief, Ash. u_u;;
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 25th February 2006 at 8:35 PM.
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

I really think this episode would have gone smoother if the Harley battle was done in the previous episode. It would have given more time for Drew vs. Robert and the closing ceremonies, which ended rather abruptly.

I don't even remember what Robert's original voice sounded like, and I didn't mind Juan's, so I wasn't fazed.

I laugh at everyone who said that 4Kids was going to tinker with Harley by either making him female or take away all his flamboyant personalities. They've made him even fruitier than in the original version, for crying out loud! All I can say is that it's about damn time 4Kids turns the tide of a character in the viewers' favor. I can't wait to see what they do with him as     Spoiler:
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Combusken's Sky Uppercut in flames.......... SHORUKEN! (however you spell it)

Never watch the episode since I wanted to see PR:Mystic Force.

I was going to post this an hour ago but the friggin forums weren't working. Now where the hell was I?

Great friggin' episode!

I've said it before last year and I will say it again...Deja Vu!

By that I mean...

Slateport Contest (U.S. date May 2004)
    May loses to Drew/Drew loses to Robert/Robert wins competition

Slateport Ribbon Cup (U.S. date Today)
    May loses to Drew/Drew loses to Robert/Robert wins competition

Now then, by some weird chance, did Robert's voice change? It really...Hmm, what's a nice way of saying it sucked? Somebody tell me because it's been a while since I've seen the episode with him in it. Anyways, the battle between May and Drew...Just one of the best battles I've seen May in

*such chemistry between the two*

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

In my opinion, the Glalie scene was planned terribly. I have seen the corresponding Japanese episode and remember it very much and tons of things were changed.

First, theres the music. In the Japanese, after Glalie reveals itself, some magnificent music plays, this music makes sounds it sound like an accomplishment has been made and all work has paid off. Whereas the dub uses some random "yada yada" music as if nothing just happened. Of course, I didn't expect the original music to be kept in because of the use of Japanese lyrics but I was atleast expecting the Advance theme to play.

And then Ash kinda seemed... upset about it. "Snorunt, no way." Thats what he said when Snorunt started evolving. And then he didn't go "Glalie, you are awesome!" Like what he seemed to say in the original. And then they give no explanation about how Glalie can suddenly be able to use Ice Beam whereas, in the original, Robert tells Satoshi that Oonigori are well coordinated. All Robert says in the dub is tell Ash to see what Glalie can do.

You know what this tells me? 4Kids is very upset about this. For one, its not a Pokemon little kids would think Ash would get. Number two, it resembles a certain food they decided to make taboo all of a sudden. And number three, it looks demonic and evil.

I tell you, this makes me sick at what 4Kdis are going to do to Glalie and I hope they won't give it the shaft.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I've been waiting forever for this episode to air and it was amazing! Flygon was awesome! Glaile was also awesome! I really thought TR was gonna be intimitated by Glaile since (almost all the time) they get scared whenever a pokemon they've been taunting evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Churly Ryan
    You know what this tells me? 4Kids is very upset about this. For one, its not a Pokemon little kids would think Ash would get. Number two, it resembles a certain food they decided to make taboo all of a sudden. And number three, it looks demonic and evil.
    You may be over-reacting.
    V | Faction

You may be over-reacting.
    Truthfully, I am. I've had a bad day and expected something more grand for Glalie like what Oonigori got.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I think it's kinda strange of Team Rocket just grab Robert and then Ash just comes up outta nowhere and says Thunderbolt!<.<

Quote Originally Posted by Medea
    Now then, by some weird chance, did Robert's voice change?
    I don't remember him saying anything in the previous episode.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast