Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Rhapsody In Drew (400)

I kinda remember the voice being the same... one of Sean Schemmel's first 4Kids works. Of course, I could be just thinking things.

Anyway, nice episode. Snorunt evolves.

"That would explain your haircut..." Remember James saying something like this after Jessie said Glalie was beautiful (or whatever it was she did)? And does anyone remember how he said something almost identical to that in Jirachi Wishmaker? O_o

BTW, and this doesn't just apply to this episode, but it's great that we get to keep seeing competent, varying, interesting Trainer's Choices this season. Sure, it's still usually VERY easy, but they're definately better now.

As for the Grand Festival itself, it was a bit boring to me. The character interaction was fine, but the whole concept of it being nothing more than a bigger Pokemon Contest was somewhat boring, I expected something more interesting and new. :/

7/10.

Not much to say here, but ContestShipping is so canon. I'm glad Drew defeated May. He's a good rival - talented but not stuck-up about it. Heck, I liked Drew since I first saw him.

We really don't need an uber Skitty. Definitely too much of that with Pikachu.
    My OTPs. I also like Rocketshipping.

Paired with ~Ampris~ in the InsanelyLongPMsship

Proud member of the Club for Brock's Fans. The character's sadly unappreciated these days.

I really loved this episode! The battle against Drew was amazing. I so glad that Glalie has finally arrived! At first I didn't like it's voice but after watching the episode maybe 5 or 6 times you start to get used to it
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I have been waiting forever to find out how Glalie is pronounced. XD; It is one of the oddest names I've ever encountered with Pokemon.

I really enjoyed this episode a lot even though I knew of the out come from reading spoilers. I do wish May's battle with Harley would have been a little longer, it was too short for me. She basically destroyed him in my opinion where she seemed to struggle more in her first battle with him.

I liked Drew in this episode. He certainly has changed since his first appearance.

My Father actually made the comment he thought it was rude on Robert's part jumping in and giving Ash advice like that because he isn't some ignorant trainer anymore. I didn't think about this before it was mentioned but it gave me an interesting thought. Ash in the first seasons would not have liked this at all, someone jumping in like that. He would have yelled at them he could handle the situation himself. And even in one of the recent Japanese episodes when Drew basically does the same thing he does get angry.

Hmm.

Anyways, thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

Robert's comment was only directed at Snorunt, right? At least I don't remember him insinuating anything about Ash being incompetent or not being "in-tune" with his Pokemon enough... XD

Grr, stupid tape reached to end before the ending of this show so I missed it. I know what happens, but it cut out after Combusken did it's fiery Sky Uppercut.
    Coming soon...

Banner: Made by Azure Wolf

First, theres the music. In the Japanese, after Glalie reveals itself, some magnificent music plays, this music makes sounds it sound like an accomplishment has been made and all work has paid off. Whereas the dub uses some random "yada yada" music as if nothing just happened. Of course, I didn't expect the original music to be kept in because of the use of Japanese lyrics but I was atleast expecting the Advance theme to play.
    The dub almost never plays music during the episode. It isnt that they hate Glalie its that they almost never insert music in the episodes so its nothing new.
    And then Ash kinda seemed... upset about it. "Snorunt, no way." Thats what he said when Snorunt started evolving. And then he didn't go "Glalie, you are awesome!" Like what he seemed to say in the original. And then they give no explanation about how Glalie can suddenly be able to use Ice Beam whereas, in the original, Robert tells Satoshi that Oonigori are well coordinated. All Robert says in the dub is tell Ash to see what Glalie can do.
    He wasnt upset about it was suprise/shock/awe take yer pick. Also do you expect 4kids to dub everything word for word. Also it kinda seemed obvious from the viewers stand point. Lets see Snorunt cant concentrate and maintain a perfect ice beam. Snorunt evolves and according to the dub Glalie has "mastered" ice beam. Not much needed to explain there.

You know what this tells me? 4Kids is very upset about this. For one, its not a Pokemon little kids would think Ash would get. Number two, it resembles a certain food they decided to make taboo all of a sudden. And number three, it looks demonic and evil.
    Eh Ash has had all types of pokemon. He "owned"/rented a haunter as well. Also the demograph is for around 10 year old males Glalie could be considered cool. 4kids never recognizes Japanese references. They even edit out most things Japanese oriented. Give them time we saw it for a few seconds they could still include the pun Morrison makes about glalie and the riceball but I doubt it since as I mentioned before they dont recognize many japanese influences in the dub.
    I tell you, this makes me sick at what 4Kdis are going to do to Glalie and I hope they won't give it the shaft.
    4kids cant shaft Glalie. They arent the writers of the show. Unless 4kids dubs it having it diss Glalie or them editing Glalie out and putting in another pokemon I kinda dont see them shafting it.

This ep. was pretty good. I liked the May/Drew battle. It was really cool. Didn't care too much for Harley or the other guy. I like that Snorunt evolved..I love Glalie..
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    I don't remember him saying anything in the previous episode.
    Robert appeared previously, in May's first contest. We heard his voice then.

I loved this episode (even though Harley lost).

Robert has the same voice as Yu-gi-oh GX's Doctor Crowler and I thought it was different last time.

Great contest battle.

Overall 10/10

(One more thing...Did Ash mention his name to Robert?)
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

I think Robert called him Ash, although I don't know how he knew his name. Eh.

Maybe he saw the Johto League on TV.

Maybe from May's Slateport Contest?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Not sure if anyone pointed this out or not, but Robert's Milotic kept its Japanese voice, clearly saying its Japanese name at one point.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Not surprising nor interesting since Juan's also kept the original.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Ah, I'm really going to miss Snorunt now that I'd gotten used to it, but I don't mind Glalie too much. I liked how Jessie thought it was beautiful, and James saying that would explain her hairstyle. ROFLOL I also liked when they were blasting off in that block of ice and James Too bad we'll only see Glalie for a few more weeks.

I really enjoyed May's battle with Drew in this episode. I could really see how far she's come in the Hoenn series with their battle. She and Drew were pretty evenly matched, such a far cry from Drew's first appearance. Even though Drew ended up winning, at least May took it pretty well. It was a terrific battle to watch, that's for sure.

I can't wait for the Hoenn championships to start next week. Mostly I'm looking forward to our Antonio Banderas meowth. LOL

9.5/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

.......*explodes*

10/10

A 9.5, it deserves a 10! this episode is so cool! I have watched it at least 10 times
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I think during it's battle against Drew's pokemon, Combusken was too 00ber despite its loss. I mean deflecting a Solarbeam and a Flamethrower with a Fire Spin! That's just broken and not truly possible.

Season One Complete!

LOL! Baynette! That was really funny, it's like it was a Bayleef reincarnated into a Banette and Harley calling him that out retrospect. LOL!

The episode was a bland finish to the grand festival. And Glalie sounded bad and I mean really bad. And Ash saying his name was worse, not the Hoenn League is going to be real torture, almost like if Morisson wasn't enough.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

I haven't seen this yet and may not do for a while. But what does Glalie actually sound like? That's what I really want to know!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

He sounds like the devil, literally. Just imagine a really deep and intimidating voice saying "Gla-lieeeee"

And that's about what it sounds like. So evil.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    He sounds like the devil, literally. Just imagine a really deep and intimidating voice saying "Gla-lieeeee"

And that's about what it sounds like. So evil.
    Wow, that sounds amazingly cool for a dub voice, since pokemon like Grovyle, Comusken, Ludicolo and (early one anyway) Swellow sounded unhumanly awful.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

This had so much potential. The end of the Grand Festival and Snorunt evolving should've done it.....but they rushed it WAY too much. Within five minutes, we went from May's battle with Drew to Drew losing to Robert. The May/Drew and Robert/Drew matches should've had their own episode. Harley's presence in this one just crunched the rest into too little space.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

In fairness, contest battles can only be up to five minutes long. Even with a full length Drew/Robert match, that wouldn't be enough to fill an entire episode.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast