Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Bisharp Card

  1. #1

    Default CMP's Fake Cards...including Neo Redux!

    Hey everybody -- not expecting too many comments since faking is relatively slow here, but I figured I'd post it anyway!

        Spoiler:- Large file:


    Enjoy!
    Last edited by ILK~CMP; 24th June 2013 at 2:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    Wow, very impressive. I would totally think this was a real card. The only thing (that I can see) is the card set number is625/???. I know you must have done that on purpose but really other than that it would be totally believable.
    Live long and prosper


    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    250

    Default

    I love it! Best fake ive seen on here. Just the same comment as above. Heck, with that skill i'd love to see an entire set! Qwaa


    Created by PPL Qwaa

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lumiose Gym
    Posts
    303

    Default

    That... That is the most amazing-iest card I have seen on these forums. Or anywhere really. If it wasn't for the set number, I could would mistake it for a real card.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew
    Will you join me, DizzyCobraMew and Supersmew in Conquering The World! Mwahahahaha! being Mew Fans in a Mew Fan Club?
    Proud owner of the Clemont Fan Club!
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Info:

    https://www.facebook.com/wondertrades
    This text is FABULOUS.

  5. #5

    Default

    Thanks for the comments, everyone! Yeah, the set number is 625/??? because it was based on a card from my fake set Neo Redux (which is done in a Neo-style)...perhaps I should've changed it for this release?

    Anyway, Neo Redux is a remake of my first attempt to create a set with all known Pokémon using their in-game type. Originally, the set used ex-series blanks (the style used from Hidden Legends on) around 2004/2005. It used dual-type blanks for each Pokémon. Neo Redux started in 2010 and uses, as you could probably guess, Neo-era blanks. Because the fourth, fifth, and now sixth generations have been (or will be) released since the start of my endeavor(s), I use the blanket set size "???" to cover myself for any future generations!

    Currently I'm about halfway done with the set, which includes Pokémon, Energies, Trainers (including Johto Gym Leaders similar to the ones released for the Kanto leaders in Gym Heroes and Challenge)...altogether about 350-400ish cards.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILK~CMP View Post
    Thanks for the comments, everyone! Yeah, the set number is 625/??? because it was based on a card from my fake set Neo Redux (which is done in a Neo-style)...perhaps I should've changed it for this release?

    Anyway, Neo Redux is a remake of my first attempt to create a set with all known Pokémon using their in-game type. Originally, the set used ex-series blanks (the style used from Hidden Legends on) around 2004/2005. It used dual-type blanks for each Pokémon. Neo Redux started in 2010 and uses, as you could probably guess, Neo-era blanks. Because the fourth, fifth, and now sixth generations have been (or will be) released since the start of my endeavor(s), I use the blanket set size "???" to cover myself for any future generations!

    Currently I'm about halfway done with the set, which includes Pokémon, Energies, Trainers (including Johto Gym Leaders similar to the ones released for the Kanto leaders in Gym Heroes and Challenge)...altogether about 350-400ish cards.
    Bravo. I'm impressed and would LOVE to see it upon release. please do notify us! (: Qwaa


    Created by PPL Qwaa

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Amazing, do you have more?
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

    Tumblr


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    hmm, would have gone with 50+50, but not bad.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite.

    image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry. T. View Post
    Amazing, do you have more?
    Tons! Quite literally hundreds. I should post the whole set...they aren't all of this size (or set, for that matter). The set itself is Neo-era, though it would be fun for you guys to take a look at all of the blanks for the custom types! Is that something you guys would be interested in?


    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    hmm, would have gone with 50+50, but not bad.
    Thanks. I'm not a TCG player (at least not since the Neo days), so I recruited a buddy of mine who's a TCG Professor to help with the spoiler.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILK~CMP View Post
    Tons! Quite literally hundreds. I should post the whole set...they aren't all of this size (or set, for that matter). The set itself is Neo-era, though it would be fun for you guys to take a look at all of the blanks for the custom types! Is that something you guys would be interested in?




    Thanks. I'm not a TCG player (at least not since the Neo days), so I recruited a buddy of mine who's a TCG Professor to help with the spoiler.
    I for one would love to see them, most of the fake cards ive seen have had obvious tell that they were fake, this one I had to look hard just to find one minor thing that I knew must have been intentional, all so I could have something semi-meaningful to reply with. XD


    If your others are half as good as this one, nuff said XD
    Live long and prosper


    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  11. #11

    Default

    I will admit that while they're extensive, they're not all of this quality. Least, not the blanks...the reason for this HUGE size is due to the acquisition of pre-print images from TPCi.

    I've relied on scans to put together my Neo blanks. Here's a taste...

        Spoiler:- Semi-large image:


    As you can see, the card is 1/???, the basis of the numbering from the Bisharp.
    Last edited by ILK~CMP; 21st June 2013 at 5:49 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Through a journey of time.
    Posts
    682

    Default

    These are far some of the best fake cards. Most people do stupid or overpowered Pokemon, which do 100 attack for one energy or 250 HP.

    From the TCG side, Bisharp does seem a wee bit overpowered (maybe instead of doing 30, doing 20). I know obviously the 40 HP can easily be swept by many attacks, but it does have the chances to do 160 damage in 2 turns then.

    So the number you're giving them is in relation to the dex number? That would be good, but no sets work like that unfortunately. (Unless it your idea to use the old card styles moving up to the new based on the generation of the Pokemon)

    But otherwise, these are very nicely done. The artwork "fits" the frame itself, the images being of good quality. The retreating costs, and energy costs are realistic, and they genuinely look like real cards.


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    These are far some of the best fake cards. Most people do stupid or overpowered Pokemon, which do 100 attack for one energy or 250 HP.

    From the TCG side, Bisharp does seem a wee bit overpowered (maybe instead of doing 30, doing 20). I know obviously the 40 HP can easily be swept by many attacks, but it does have the chances to do 160 damage in 2 turns then.
    Thanks, Electricbluewolf. I haven't played the game since before the Neo-era, so I'm unfamiliar with current power levels. I had a TCG Professor friend of mine give me attacks, so I just blindly went along with what he sent me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    So the number you're giving them is in relation to the dex number? That would be good, but no sets work like that unfortunately.
    Yes, the numbering style is related to 'dex number. I do realize that no sets work like that, but it's the easiest way to keep the set going without limiting myself. In theory, the '???' total number allows for constant continuation. I started the set during Gen IV, and realized that, had I used '/493' anything past that generation wouldn't fit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    (Unless it your idea to use the old card styles moving up to the new based on the generation of the Pokemon)
    All of the cards in the set are based in Neo. The Bisharp was merely a test of my new BW blanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    But otherwise, these are very nicely done. The artwork "fits" the frame itself, the images being of good quality. The retreating costs, and energy costs are realistic, and they genuinely look like real cards.
    Thanks! Realism is what I'm going for. I know it's not completely possible (due to the set number which has [curiously] been pointed out multiple times in this thread), but as far as fonts are concerned, I'd like them to be able to blend in pretty well with existing cards.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    What is a bisharp card anyways? I want to knwo please
    Last edited by TheSpecOkilj; 12th July 2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I thought it was going to be bolded

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kokiri Forest, Hyrule
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpecOkilj View Post
    What is a bisharp card anyways? I want to knwo please
    It is a card of the pokemon bisharp



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    209

  17. #17

    Default

    Haha glad I could fool someone! I made the blank myself, actually.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Awesome and it's great it's my favorite pokemon!

  19. #19

    Default

    Wonderful design, if not for the preface I would've mistaken it for the real thing.

    The only new suggestion I might have would be to make the cost for Grazing Blade 1dark 2colorless (so that double colorless could work with the attack) I tend to run it quite a bit and I've seen it in a lot of decks. Honestly it would increase the usability of this card (even if fake) to levels which my ocd feels comfortable with.

    I would love to see some more because this rocks my socks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •