Thread: Fakemon Project

Default Fakemon Project

At the moment I have some time off and have decided for a bit of fun to try and come up with my own regions pokedex. This is less about the art, although any help pointers will be greatly appreciated, more about putting the a dex together I'm open to suggestions of ideas, but I do like some reasoning behind a pokemon, the basis of its style and typing.

Anyway enough rattling from me.

These I whipped up today;
    Based on bubble gum, I'm thinking Normal/Poison

Please feel free to chip in!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

One of the very first ones I did, scruffily drawn, but you get the idea.

The names come from Plume and Metal and Choque, the Spanish for shock and Quill.

This family is based upon the Japanese tale of a spirit boy who appears on rainy nights, Amefurikozō.
    Also obviously a homage to the Gengar family!
    Ghost/Water type w/ Ability: Drizzle

Let me know what you think!

Bit of a grass binge yesterday!

Obviously based on a chilli pepper crossed with mexican wrestlers,
    Took for ever decide on the typing but went with Grass/Fire and being able to learn a lot of fighting moves

These next ones, mice and fruit simple,
    Strawberry -> Orange

Think I'm going have to sort these out a little, make it more organised.

Did these a while back aswell,
    Based on cloud both have the ability levitate

And this, got a couple of ideas for my early normal type this is the middle stage of one,

300 views whooo, feel free to comment guys
    Last edited by WNDR; 11th June 2013 at 9:09 PM.

I really like some of the more simplistic ones, such as Purball and Choquill. They have some believable designs and keep to the charm that Pokemon is usually known for

What I suggest for your others though, especially the Ghost ones, is to delve a little deeper into the creativity. I mean, the Pepper guy is really cool, because it's a great blend of chili peppers and mexican wrestlers, and the design was completely original and unique sorta. While your idea for a ghost is pretty new, the designs you gave them just kinda "off-shoots" it from the potential it could have if you made them more unique, like the chili peppers.

But since it's your drawings/style, all I can really recommend you to do is just work on giving your guys more "flare", or something that sets them apart from what anyone else can think of

Thanks, the ghosts have been bugging me since I coloured them and put them up, just something about them I can't put my finger on, thanks for the advice! ^_^

Also here's some new ones;
    A very uppity water type fish,

A water/fighting fisherman

And a water/steel whale
    Based on a submarine

I think the whale and the fish need to be a bit more pokemony, and I'm not sure about the fishermons body colour.
    Last edited by WNDR; 13th June 2013 at 11:38 AM.

Actually, I think that the whale is the most Fakemon looking. It has a believable design, and has a concept that mixes well with the fact whales can dive to very deep depths!

The fisherman is next on the beleivable scale. What bugs me a a bit is that harpoon it has, because it looks like it's just a human carrying a harpoon. Maybe if you make it have the harpoon tip as hands instead and base the body on something less human, like a walrus or something, your fisherman could be even cooler!

I can't really tell about the fish though. It just looks like a fish that put on a top hat and monocle. And while I say that is one swell-looking dude, it doesn't really look like something you would see in a Pokemon game :L
    Maybe, you can somehow incorporate the top hat and monocle into the body's design? It would look a tad more "fake" instead of it looking like a fish that just somehow picked up aristocracy.

That's exactly how I was feeling about the fish and now I've had somebody point it out to me I see what you mean about the harpoon, think I might drop it and make more of a claw like appendage, as originally he was a lobster.
    Glad you like the whale!

Also here's a pair I whipped up today,
    Based upon Ashinagatenaga a pair of Japanese fairies one with long arms one with long legs.
    Babbling wih my first Fairy type with Fairy/Fighting
    I envision it as one poke, with two different forms. Long arms or long legs.
    Move pools reflect the form, in that long legs learns kicking moves and the one with long arms learns punches.

Just like the tale of these two faires who sit on each others shoulder an evolution combined with both of their long limbs.
    Slight twist in that depending on which form it evolves from it can only learn, be taught, use the moves the prevo could in terms of kicks or punches.

Can't decide on colour scheme, suggestions are more than welcome.
    Last edited by WNDR; 13th June 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Wow, not alot of people reply to threads :L

Well, if you want my input yet again, I have to say I actually like this idea of long legs and long arms!
    But, yet again, they're kind of lacking in appearance. I'm actually fine with them being human and all. Maybe add some kind of variation to them a bit?
    Like, maybe the one with long arms can be based on western street fighting, while the other guy can be eastern martial arts.

But either way, I'm really digging some of your designs alot :P

Been busy past couple of days but put a few ghost together.

Ghost/Grass

Ghost/flying I'm adding tomorrow should complete my ghost selection nicely.

Default My Fakemon

Here is my fakemon. I created the concept and movesets and pokedex data. the only thing that is not mine is the art. that is by TheBlueFlames on Devianart. Hopes this helps with your pokedex! instant message me if you want more. I got over 100!

Data:
    Ghomor
    The Armored Ghost pokemon
    Ghost/Steel
    HT: 6'0"
    WT: 200 Lbs.
    Held Items: Ghost gem
    evolves from Haunchain at Lv. 32
    X and Y: Ghomor was once a wandering ghost looking for a home, now it inhabits a suit of armor worn previously by a Kalos knight.

Level up Moves (after evoloution):
    32: night Slash
    42: Enigma Force (signature move) Power: 120 Acc: 100
    50: Shadow Punch
    60: Iron Head
    65: Double Edge
    72Destiny Bond
    89: Earthquake
    99:Nightmare

Abilitiy:
    Levitate

Base Stats:
    HP:95
    Atk:120
    Def:130
    Sp.Atk:55
    Sp.Def:70
    Spd:65
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RPC I: http://betterbracketmaker.com/#!/65849c7c43f15

*Credit For The Signature goes to Sworn Metalhead

Check out my battle video at
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-38894081

^ that's pretty cool did you come up with all the information yourself? If so if you can think of any names, stats etc for the ones I've done I'd appreciate it!

Also just an update, not ignoring this, just starting a new job this week and half way through moving home with my GF its miles away so I'm tooling and throwing and slow estate agents plus various trips to ikea is taking up a lot of my time, but I have drafted out quite a few new mons just need to finalise them, watch this space, next week ill be all over it!

I've got Ghost/Flying, Rock/Flying for my bat and a cool twist on the normal regional poke I'm really pleased with i'll be putting up.

I LOVE PURRBALL! I think it should have an evo that is equally cute. ^^