Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sony Conference Discussion - June 10th (2am UK, 9pm Eastern, 6pm Western)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycavar View Post
    Who else was trying (you can admit to failing) to retaining girly screams of joy when you saw the Disney Interactive part of the trailer then "Simple and Clean" from 3D?
    I do admit, I got butterflies in my stomach when it started. It's kind of hard not to.

On a slightly different note, during the FFXV trailer, was I the only one that felt like they were advertising more of a straight-up action game than an RPG?
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    I do admit, I got butterflies in my stomach when it started. It's kind of hard not to.

On a slightly different note, during the FFXV trailer, was I the only one that felt like they were advertising more of a straight-up action game than an RPG?
    Yeah the trailer looked like what would happen if Sony smashed Naughty Dog (creators of the Uncharted series) and SE

That's actually what I think Squenix is trying to do with the series. Make it more action/adventure oriented while still having RPG elements.

The combat system is based off of KH
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    The combat system is based off of KH
    I definitely saw the KH style in it. But at the same time, a game like this could very easily be made into a mission-based action game, and from the trailer we wouldn't even know it. Bear in mind the last mainstream FF game had us in a hallway for 25+ hours.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm hesitant to become excited about anything with Final Fantasy in the name anymore, until I can see it for myself.

Understand though, I have no problem with the game becoming an action game. If that's the way they're advertising it, that's fine. Because let's face it. Turn-based battles are going away. They're disappearing. And pretty soon, outside of tactics RPGs and maybe Pokemon and Dragon Quest and a few more obscure JRPGs, they'll probably be virtually nonexistent. I just don't want an action game to be advertised as an RPG. If you're making an action game, advertise an action game.
    Last edited by SBaby; 16th June 2013 at 5:54 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Sony definitely had the best presentation. I haven't purchase a Sony console since the PS2, and looks like I'm getting myself a PS4. They definitely won E3 in my eyes.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycavar View Post
    Who else was trying (you can admit to failing) to retaining girly screams of joy when you saw the Disney Interactive part of the trailer then "Simple and Clean" from 3D?
    *ahem* I may have screamed/messaged everyone I know on every site I'm on/ texted my friend 3+ times/ applied for a new job to pay for the ps4/ etc.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

What a great potion E3 put Sony in. The brilliant Xbox diss, the rights of gamers being upheld and KH 3 announcement. To bad the PS3 update bricking has soured that a little, but still a brilliant time for Sony.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456