Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thinking that it's a legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I also mistook Lucario for a legendary the first time it was revealed. Even my friend constantly asked me if it was a legendary.
    Ok I totally thought it was to. Because of that movie lol
        Spoiler:- Credits:

for a little while i thought Lucario was a legendary because of the movie. i remeber thinking "it can't be a legendary... it just can't. only legendary pokemon are the main focus in these movies."

i really should have listended to my gut XD
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

There was a massive misconception that Rotom was a legendary when Generation 4 came out, and I must admit to being one of the ones who thought that it was - think about it's position in the D/P pokedex, the fac tht there's only one and the fact that it doesn't evolve. And when you battled one it used legendary music too.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

I thought Missingno was a legendary and M was too. DAMN GLITCH POKEMON MYTHS!!!
    Until recently, I actually believed missingno was a real pokemon and some kind of legendary. I'd seen the name mentioned so many times and people saying how difficult it was to find or that you needed to cheat to get it, so I just assumed.

I thought arcanine was for a while, I think because in the original intro one is shown just before the legendary birds.
    Dragonite.
    Lucario.
    Milotic.

Also for a while I thought anything that was dragon type was legendary
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

The first time I saw Metagross in the champion battle against Steven I thought it looked like a legendary and I was like 'Holy Sh*t I'm gonna get destroyed". It did make sense - it looks like a legendary, it's cry just cries legendary, and it's stats are legendary themselves. After all these years it turns out that it is a Pseudo-Legendary :P.

That's pretty much it for me.

I thought Tropius was a legendary the first time I found one. And I thought Rotom was legendary, too, but I turned out to be wrong about that one.

Someone convinced my friend once that Pelipper was legendary, so he used a Master Ball on it.

Seeing absol hanging out with the latis in the opening to what I think was the first anime season in Hoenn made me expect absol to be a legendary for a bit. I remember the uncertainty as to whether rotom was a legendary, but I don't remember whether or not I was with the people who thought it was. And like some others, I figured a few pokémon who were featured in movies that weren't legendary were, like unown. I remember being quite surprised to learn that there was a gym leader who owned a lucario.

I actually never was misled about arcanine to my recollection. I don't remember how far into the pokémon franchise was when I learned about legendary pokémon and what they were, but I think by then I knew that arcanine was an evolved form, which no legendary pokémon is, so I probably figured arcanine's classification didn't mean anything.

Actually, I kind of remember an early memory of arcanine being some book or something somewhere saying that despite its classification it wasn't legendary. So I might have just been tipped off before I could made wrong assumptions.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Quote Originally Posted by flyscorpio View Post
    Someone convinced my friend once that Pelipper was legendary, so he used a Master Ball on it.
    Ouch! I'd hate that to happen to me, very horrible prank haha.

I kinda-sorta thought Rotom was one, because you could only find it in one place in the game, it was genderless, and it could change form. When I found out it could breed with Ditto, I stopped thinking like that.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

I always thought that unown where legendary to be honest, mostly due to them being featured as very powerful in groups in the movie and the intake arceus event
        Spoiler:- Friend code for Pokemon White:

I thought for a long time that Lucario was a legendary...I also thought it was an Ice type out of all things.

The only thing that can beat a dragon...is another dragon. And ice. Oh, and fairies too.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I thought Chansey was a legendary in Fire Red because it was so rare and cutesy looking. xD
    I also thought my first shiny was a legend, a weedle. x3x
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Now if we could get that one rare person who hadn't gotten into the games because of the anime or didn't use any guides, that'd be great.
    That's me. I got into the games through word of mouth and the side series (Mystery Dungeon), and I read the "Ginji's Rescue Team" manga before playing any of the main series games, with the exception of the very begonning of Sapphire. I thought that Absol and, if I remember correctly, Xatu, were legendaries.
    Author thread post:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...6&postcount=80
    Claims: Archeops, Rival Silver, and Zoo Tycoon 2

Favourite Pokémon: (etc)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon Queen View Post
    I thought for a long time that Lucario was a legendary...I also thought it was an Ice type out of all things.
    i thought it was legendary as well, because of the film mostly. (also, why ice type?!)

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I think rotom is a semi-legendary.
    I thought that Dragonite was one

For some reason, I always thought the red Gyarados in G/S/C was some sort of legendary, even though I knew better from the previous generation. Spiritomb tricked me at first too, until I saw its BST, and noticed that it was breedable.

Arcanine confused the hell out of me when I was little. It's a "Legendary" Pokemon... that's not a legendary.

Oh, plus Volcarona. I was sure it was supposed to be a legendary when it mentioned they used to worship it as a sun god or something... And then I found some guy who gives out a free Larvesta egg.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

No... I always saw the show and collected the cards. However, when I saw the Jirachi movie is was pretty confusing with Absol, because in that movie Absol really was portrayed in the same way as many legendaries in the Pokemon movies. He was mysterious and seemed very strong.

I mistook Volcarona for a lengedary.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

When I saw a map of Unova that had some Pokemon info on it, I misread some info thinking Volcarona's a legendary and the first one with pre evolution. Later I was told it wasn't. I wasn't very smart at the time xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    There was a massive misconception that Rotom was a legendary when Generation 4 came out, and I must admit to being one of the ones who thought that it was - think about it's position in the D/P pokedex, the fac tht there's only one and the fact that it doesn't evolve. And when you battled one it used legendary music too.
    And this too.

The only pokemon I ever mistook for a legendary was Rotom just as many others did.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I thought these were:

Rotom: Legendary music; position in Dex
    Zorua: The commercial with it being obtainable only by getting Celebi
    Volcarona: Lv.70 Pokemon hidden in a maze (does Giratina come to mind?)
    Unown: The movie, and the Pokedex entry in FR/LG; found under Rares with Mewtwo and other Legendarys
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I thought that spiritomb, Lucario, Rottom were legendaries... And Ditto because it had no gender. All pokémon without gender b were legendaries to me before xD
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

Volcarona, for a little bit.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I never mistook a Pokemon for legendary in the games, but I did mistake some before I started playing the games. As a young kid, back when I watched the anime and didn't play the games yet, I used to see Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite and Arcanine as legendaries. I was totally mistaken, but I think it at least somewhat makes sense why I saw them as legendaries. The Dragons probably because they were so rare back in Gen 1, and Arcanine because of an old Dutch Pokemon sticker book listing it as a legendary.

Volcrona, until I read otherwise somewhere.
    SO, I HERD U LIEK MAGIKARP?

Sorry for the hiatus. I'll try to be back and active as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast