Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Why does most of us want a remake of ruby/sapphire?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    24

    Default Why does most of us want a remake of ruby/sapphire?

    In the last few forums I visited, I
    found that mostly everyone wanted
    a remake for Ruby/Sapphire instead
    of a whole new game as X/Y. I don't
    understand this. I do like the hoenn
    games but if a remake doesn't come I
    won't mind at all. I think game freak
    will go with their way. I mean they
    released firered on a new console,
    heartgold on a new console so
    probably glowing ruby and shining
    sapphire on a new console (3ds). So
    what are your thoughts on this?
    My fav pokemons:

    The guardian of the sea will rise to quell the fight between the legendary titans and bring back peace to world!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    land of the trumpets
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Here is why we don't need a r/s remake:

    They remade r/b so that you could transfer Pokémon to the new games to complete your national dex, as it was difficult to trade stuff over from r/b. With fr/lg, you are able to complete your national dex, or whatever.

    Same reasons for g/s.

    However, ds's are still in circulation, which means that you can migrate Pokémon over from r/s. They remade the other games for practically, but since you are still able to migrate Pokémon over, I find that a remake is not necessary.

    "Just take a step back, and look at what you really want."
    (I want all my ships to be canon pls)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere quiet.
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Because Ruby was epic.
    But I don't want a remake instead of XY, I rather want it after XY.
    Last edited by Ivoright; 10th June 2013 at 5:55 PM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    Here is why we don't need a r/s remake:

    They remade r/b so that you could transfer Pokémon to the new games to complete your national dex, as it was difficult to trade stuff over from r/b. With fr/lg, you are able to complete your national dex, or whatever.

    Same reasons for g/s.

    However, ds's are still in circulation, which means that you can migrate Pokémon over from r/s. They remade the other games for practically, but since you are still able to migrate Pokémon over, I find that a remake is not necessary.

    Yes, but we don't know if we can transfer Pokemon from Gen V, so this gen may be a good time for it.

    Personally, I kinda want it for two reasons:

    1) To stop the darned Hoenn Fanboys from talking about it every waking moment.

    2) I kinda want to try Hoenn myself. Maybe I'll stop disliking it. And there's no point for getting a GBA this late.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    Here is why we don't need a r/s remake:

    They remade r/b so that you could transfer Pokémon to the new games to complete your national dex, as it was difficult to trade stuff over from r/b. With fr/lg, you are able to complete your national dex, or whatever.

    Same reasons for g/s.

    However, ds's are still in circulation, which means that you can migrate Pokémon over from r/s. They remade the other games for practically, but since you are still able to migrate Pokémon over, I find that a remake is not necessary.
    I read about it just today and I really feel that most of these hoenn guys stop spamming the x and y forums...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Because that would be awesome XD

    I would want it after X&Y though

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Tennesee
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Because Hoenn had a charm. A charm that we need again. I can live without X and Y because, well, I think we have enough Pokemon. And the aspect of Completion. We have every region except Hoenn on the DS, and well, Hoenn isn't loved enough.

    To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Wheatly View Post
    Because Hoenn had a charm. A charm that we need again. I can live without X and Y because, well, I think we have enough Pokemon. And the aspect of Completion. We have every region except Hoenn on the DS, and well, Hoenn isn't loved enough.
    But since the DS is now offically dead, they wouldn't dare go back to it. As much as I love Hoenn, a remake right now is a no.
    R/B was remade because R/S didn't have all the regional Pokemon from Kanto, actually they had very few. Same for Johto pokes hence FR/LG exist.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    102

    Default

    The fact is that I would prefer remakes of RS to XY. I still remember that, at the beggining of the year, they were announcing that a new game was going to be revealed on January 8th. I remember having waited long for that date, as I was almost sure that they were going to announce such remakes. Then I was shocked.
    Why would I prefer this? Firstly, I don't think like most of you, who say remakes are just needed if the other games need them in a major way. Instead, I think the spirit of those regions should always be brought up again. That's why I also want "reremakes" for Kanto. Finaly, I can say that this type of logic for generations is no longer making sense. What I mean is that we can't keep seeing new pokémon in front of us, because they will eventually break the epic originality from most of the first ones. This is already happening. Just look at the new ones revealed. Yeah, I agree there are some exceptions, but just look at most of them, and compare them to the average from ones up to Gen IV. I mean IV because uncreative pokémon have already began to gain predominance in V. Don't you agree? I think the replacing of the system shouldn't always mean new pkmn. (I'll buy XY anyway - apart from this, they can be enjoyable)
    But if I was in charge of all of this, you would see a completely different thing.
    Last edited by TheOriginalOne; 10th June 2013 at 8:50 PM.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

    Hoenn will rise again!!

    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]


    Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

    3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Putting boobs on the ground
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    No one wants RSE remakes instead of brand new games. As a general rule of thumb, people who prefer ports or remakes of any game in a series as opposed to a new entry are blinded by nostalgia. The idea behind RSE remakes stems from the fact that GameFreak has remade the classic games for systems two generations ahead of when they were released, and pattern recognition suggests that they'll do it again following the release of X and Y.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    However, ds's are still in circulation, which means that you can migrate Pokémon over from r/s.
    Not really. The original model of the DS - the one that actually had a GBA slot in addition to a DS slot so that you could Pal Park from Gen III to Gen IV - is long dead, and the DSi is now almost entirely phased out to accommodate the 3DS, a next-generation handheld that's now been on the market for over two years.

    Encouraging players to buy multiple pieces of outdated hardware, as well as multiple games for said outdated hardware, is not typically considered a winning marketing strategy.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    2) I kinda want to try Hoenn myself. Maybe I'll stop disliking it.
    You dislike Hoenn, despite having not played it?

    Seems legit.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    land of the trumpets
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I know at least 50 people who still own DS's. And also, you can get them now a days for about Ł20. Ł20 is the most expensive that I have seen a ds lite, and you can buy RSE for about Ł5-10 off the internet. So Ł25, most 3ds games I've seen... Ł30-35.

    "Just take a step back, and look at what you really want."
    (I want all my ships to be canon pls)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    341

    Default

    I'd love a remake. Though right now with the whole switching of gears from the DS to 3DS, I think I'd rather Gamefreak put their time into X and Y, rather than a complete remake of Hoenn in 3D, which on top of being extremely hard to transfer over from a previously 2D world, would also just not make sense right now.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

    Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

        Spoiler:- Shinies:


    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Putting boobs on the ground
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    I know at least 50 people who still own DS's. And also, you can get them now a days for about Ł20. Ł20 is the most expensive that I have seen a ds lite, and you can buy RSE for about Ł5-10 off the internet. So Ł25, most 3ds games I've seen... Ł30-35.
    Go back and reread my post, since you seem to have missed the point.

    Nowhere in my post did I say that obtaining old systems or games is difficult; through the magic of eBay and Amazon and Craigslist and other such, it's entirely feasible. That doesn't make said hardware not obsolete, however. While used hardware still exists, Nintendo has phased out production of it in favor of their new systems and games. Money spent on buying used hardware is money not being spent on buying new hardware, and thus money that does not end up in Nintendo's hands. Money spent on an original Sapphire cart and a DS Lite is money going to Joe Robertson on Amazon, whereas a dollar spent on a shiny new system and an improved remake of Sapphire is money going to Nintendo.

    Making money involves getting people to buy new sh*t. That means discouraging buying the old sh*t.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    land of the trumpets
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I guess.

    Personally, I just don't think that it's necessary.

    Think whatever you want, but they remade r/b and g/s for practicality in my eyes. I don't think that these games need an update, as the graphics are pretty good, music, battles, Pokémon, blah.

    And if they're going to keep making remakes, won't it be slightly odd to play "Pokémon blank white."

    "Just take a step back, and look at what you really want."
    (I want all my ships to be canon pls)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    I wouldn't care much a about a remake if RS wasn't using an outdated clock. What I mean is it's the only Pokemon region using a clock where the battery is in the cartridge now..........

    The other Pokemon regions have an option that either have no clock in LG and FR case thus having no battery or are using the game systems inbuilt clock thus the cartridge has no battery.

    I'm just tired of replacing batteries. I know the RS game can operate even when the battery is dead but I liked berry growing and I don't want to find my game not working one day due to a battery leakage........

    That's my only reason. After that I'll be happy and not want anymore remakes.

    I'd even take an RSE port on the 3DS if a remake isn't possible. That would also remove the battery.

    Put together by me.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Wheatly View Post
    Hoenn isn't loved enough.
    I would advice you to go through the forums before using that statement.
    My fav pokemons:

    The guardian of the sea will rise to quell the fight between the legendary titans and bring back peace to world!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cirque du Dčcadence
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    Because Ruby was epic.
    But I don't want a remake instead of XY, I rather want it after XY.
    Yeah, I can wait until after XY...

    But the remake must be done... it's not fair for Hoenn (R/S/E) fans...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Region
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ^Cutty^ View Post
    Yeah, I can wait until after XY...

    But the remake must be done... it's not fair for Hoenn (R/S/E) fans...
    I can only see it happening in a year or 2 down the road...and if they do it, implament the character customization and all that other stuff going into x and y
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz Azzimagica View Post
    I can only see it happening in a year or 2 down the road...and if they do it, implament the character customization and all that other stuff going into x and y
    As I use the mobile version, I required to highlight what you posted to read...

    Coming back to the topic
    Yeah it will probably be out in 2014 or 15 or never. It really depends on the designers in the game freak.
    My fav pokemons:

    The guardian of the sea will rise to quell the fight between the legendary titans and bring back peace to world!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    That was one of the best generations, simply because of the things you could do after the elite 4. The battle frontier in that generation is unsurpassed.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    That was one of the best generations, simply because of the things you could do after the elite 4. The battle frontier in that generation is unsurpassed.
    The battle frontier is in emerald and I don't think that the third installment would get a remake. And as you say the battle frontier is in both crystal and platinum.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington, Missouri
    Posts
    163

    Default

    But the Hoenn Battle Frontier surpasses them both by a wide margin. I would love a R/S remake. They were the games that got me into Pokémon, and Emerald was the game I played the most, by far.


    Friend code: 4141 - 2267 - 6534

    I am a soldier in the war against illiteracy. If you are one to support proper English, then copy and paste this into your signature. Thank you.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    I like Hoenn (Emerald specifically) but I hate the old phys/special split. The new one makes so much more sense and is the one thing that typically keeps me from re-playing Gen 3 era games too often.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North east England, IT EXISTS!
    Posts
    552

    Default

    To be completely honest I would love an R/S remake. In my opinion it is the best generation, with gen 2 being the worst.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782

    Default

    People are just following the logical order. First you had Kanto remakes, second you had Johto remakes, third will be hoenn. Time to make a remake of Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald.

    Though you already know its plot, you unavoidably will play it again due better graphics and innovated gameplay. In the end, Nintendo will bill a little. That is the most important of all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •