Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does most of us want a remake of ruby/sapphire?

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I guess.

Personally, I just don't think that it's necessary.

Think whatever you want, but they remade r/b and g/s for practicality in my eyes. I don't think that these games need an update, as the graphics are pretty good, music, battles, Pokémon, blah.

And if they're going to keep making remakes, won't it be slightly odd to play "Pokémon blank white."
    it would be , b ut a better name for black and white remakes would be ebony and ivory
    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Once you are in the pokeball, you can never leave. NEVER.
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    A trainer with a huge Santa-looking beard defeating a Preschooler, taking their money, and leaving them out by themselves on a route filled with wild, dangerous Pokemon that could even attack and kill in hordes.

Seems legit.

I really wanted a remake of R/S because I thought it would be cool to see it on the DS too, and be able to obtain Generation V Pokemon in it as well.

I thought the general consensus for casual players of Pokemon (Think of like, someone playing it to review it as a staff member of IGN or something) was that Ruby and Sapphire were terrible.

By that I mean,

Not enough improvements since the prior GameBoy Color games and, no way to transfer to and from them. And there was no word on how you'd get Pokemon outside the Hoenn Dex at that point, which made people feel uncomfortable.

Right?

Though I'll admit that if a 3DS remake of them happened, they'd sell real good nonetheless anyway. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did it.

In fact adding to what I said above, I did hate it how they just removed a bunch of features for no reason whatsoever. Nighttime? C'monnnn.

I really wanted a remake of R/S because I thought it would be cool to see it on the DS too, and be able to obtain Generation V Pokemon in it as well.
    I want it for superfluous reasons too. Redesigned trainer outfits!

Quote Originally Posted by melonjaywalk View Post
    I thought the general consensus for casual players of Pokemon (Think of like, someone playing it to review it as a staff member of IGN or something) was that Ruby and Sapphire were terrible.
    Anyone reviewing games for IGN isn't a casual player.

By that I mean,

Not enough improvements since the prior GameBoy Color games and, no way to transfer to and from them. And there was no word on how you'd get Pokemon outside the Hoenn Dex at that point, which made people feel uncomfortable.
    None of that is something a "casual player" would be concerned with. It wasn't like Game Freak had a choice on what console to develop for. By the time RS were being developed, GBA was the thing. Developing for GBC just because some idiot thinks not enough improvements were worth a GBA purchase means absolutely nothing.

In fact adding to what I said above, I did hate it how they just removed a bunch of features for no reason whatsoever. Nighttime? C'monnnn.
    In no way, shape, or form is a feature ever removed from a future game. You can't remove something that wasn't there.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Anyone reviewing games for IGN isn't a casual player.
    Meant like someone who is playing the game because they're bored / doing it for some employment information reason something something. As opposed to us, who'd play it super voluntarily because we really like it.

None of that is something a "casual player" would be concerned with. It wasn't like Game Freak had a choice on what console to develop for. By the time RS were being developed, GBA was the thing. Developing for GBC just because some idiot thinks not enough improvements were worth a GBA purchase means absolutely nothing.
    Yeahh I mean regardless. I know the reasons why backwards compatibility wasn't possible. I'm just referring to what things were said on places like IGN, whatever, years ago.

In no way, shape, or form is a feature ever removed from a future game. You can't remove something that wasn't there.
    Uhh

as a kid I figured the logic would be, 'well they added all these features since Red and Blue. Guess they'll be keeping those and adding even more for Ruby and Sapphire', which they didn't. Suddenly nighttime was gone. But things like Contests were there. They basically didn't keep certain features, but added *different* ones instead. I suppose.

i think they will re-make them next year, keeping the tradition of a remake of the third previous gen games, after the release of a new gen games
    Last edited by mjunior3; 12th June 2013 at 1:56 AM.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by melonjaywalk View Post
    Suddenly nighttime was gone.
    Time of day was still a thing. Why do you think the clock is set at the beginning of the game? How do you think Eevee becomes Espeon or Umbreon in Hoenn?

Discussing games that don't exist or have any indication of being an actual entity yet isn't allowed, sorry. Gets too spammy and discussion goes around in circles. And the question itself has also been answered.

Closed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12