Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best/Worst opening song? (Dub)

Best*advanced battle and sinnoh league victor, worst-pokemon world.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

To be perfectly honest, the terri ones are the first Advance opening & Advance Challenge. I can stand the DP rap over those two even though all 3 are bad.

The best ones are Johto Journeys, I wanna be the very best, and Advance Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    To be perfectly honest, the terri ones are the first Advance opening & Advance Challenge. I can stand the DP rap over those two even though all 3 are bad.

The best ones are Johto Journeys, I wanna be the very best, and Advance Battle.
    Advanced sucked badly, but I thought Advanced Challenge was the best AG intro.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

The first Advanced intro is great, but the lyrics of "I want to be a hero" is really strange especially since its supposed to be about Ash.

General, I love the opening for the "Black & White", no matter what language I listen to it, I always try and sing along to it.

Japanese Originals:
    • #1 Favorite: "ベストウイッシュ"
    • Least favorite: "Ready Go"

English Dub
    • #1 Favorite: "Black & White" (14th season) tied with "Adventures in Unova" (16th season)
    • Least favorite: Johto Journeys (3rd season) - I always feel embarrassed to it

Spanish (Latin American) Dub (I also watch, my native language)
    • #1 Favorite: "Blanco y Negro"
    • Least Favorite: "Los Viajes Johto"
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

I wouldn't be able to choose between Master Quest or the First Theme Song, but for the worst, the DP rap, EWWWWWWWW

Best - Pokemon theme song, Black and White.
    Worst - DP rap, we will carry on.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I kind of never liked the first advanced intro, mostly because the auto tune stuff was kind of annoying. I get why people don't like the dp rap at all, but I almost found just really funny.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

For me I love all of the johto theme songs. They are jus fun and I enjoy tune.
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

All the Hoenn theme songs have to be the best. They sound so cool and upbeat.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Also for mine, I read through everyone's, and not once I saw any johto theme songs on worst lists
    Time for a new signature.

I'm an advanceshipper, you should read my fic that I am working on.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...shipping-PG-13
    You should also tell me how I did.

Bask in my humble glory. ~sethern~

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The first Advanced intro is great, but the lyrics of "I want to be a hero" is really strange especially since its supposed to be about Ash.
    Yeah, it was just bad for 4Kids' standards when it came to the intros.

When I compared it to the TPCi intros, I started loving it. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Best - Pokemon theme song, Black and White.
    Worst - DP rap, we will carry on.
    Nice to see someone who picked the same exact worst picks as I did.

Nothing beats DP rap for me. What a terrible intro...even Chronicles is a bit better...>_<
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, it was just bad for 4Kids' standards when it came to the intros.

When I compared it to the TPCi intros, I started loving it. O_O

Nice to see someone who picked the same exact worst picks as I did.

Nothing beats DP rap for me. What a terrible intro...even Chronicles is a bit better...>_<
    I'm the opposite.

I prefer the DP rap over the chronicles theme tune. I can't sing or hum to the chronicles theme tune. The narrator interrupts the flow and the fact it uses an old GS rap chorus from an old Pokemon CD instead of a new song is just disappointing. I would have liked a new song personally.

Oddly enough there is another english chronicles tune that was used somewhere in the world on toonami. It had a new tune to it and while it also wasn't very good it was a bit better than the original chronicles tune to me. The song is cool and there's no narrator.=P

Pity it's one of those once off tunes since DVD's everywhere else still release the original rap tune. I suspect it was a TV only tune for toonami. I haven't heard of this second tune releasing anywhere else. I didn't even know it existed until I stumbled on it online.

I would have liked that over what we got on DVD personally. Pity the original rap chronicles tune is here to stay.......

As for TPCI DP rap. It may not be the best but it's catchy and I can sing to it. Also it was a fresh song. I maybe a bit biased but it actually grew on me.

It's all opinion in the end anyway.=)
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 5th July 2013 at 10:59 AM.

Put together by me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
    I'm the opposite.

I prefer the DP rap over the chronicles theme tune. I can't sing or hum to the chronicles theme tune. The narrator interrupts the flow and the fact it uses an old GS rap chorus from an old Pokemon CD instead of a new song is just disappointing. I would have liked a new song personally.

Oddly enough there is another english chronicles tune that was used somewhere in the world on toonami. It had a new tune to it and while it also wasn't very good it was a bit better than the original chronicles tune to me. The song is cool and there's no narrator.=P

Pity it's one of those once off tunes since DVD's everywhere else still release the original rap tune. I suspect it was a TV only tune for toonami. I haven't heard of this second tune releasing anywhere else. I didn't even know it existed until I stumbled on it online.

I would have liked that over what we got on DVD personally. Pity the original rap chronicles tune is here to stay.......

As for TPCI DP rap. It may not be the best but it's catchy and I can sing to it. Also it was a fresh song. I maybe a bit biased but it actually grew on me.

It's all opinion in the end anyway.=)
    Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Chronicles Song. The narrator does interrupt. It sounded very lazily put together and slammed on the product.

Toonami Version was definitely better of the Chronicles Intro than the original one the dub made. Couldn't agree more.

DP Rap is my least favorite. I don't know why, but I just can't stand that intro. Season 11's was a miracle after hearing that one. I guess I can see what you mean by it being catchy, but sadly I never caught on to this intro. Battle Dimension was great, though.

But like you said, it's all just opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    IMO Battle Frontier was the worst, while Diamond and Pearl (the season 10 opening) was the best.

As for the japanese version I think Be an Arrow 2013 was the best, but I hate High Touch!.

Don't have a favorite ending. My least favorite in the jap version is Sakura-Go Round
    ...Battle Frontier was the worst? O_O
    It may be my least favorite of the AG intros (which isn't saying much as I liked all 4), but compared to the DP Rap, I felt it was excellent.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th July 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethern View Post
    Also for mine, I read through everyone's, and not once I saw any johto theme songs on worst lists
    Did you see me list season 3 as one of my bottom 2 (with season 8)?
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Season one.

That thing is a total Ear Worm.
    I'll edit this later.

Johto league champions is the best and diamond and pearl battle dimension is the worst

Best: I Wanna Be a Hero, Johto League Champions, Battle Cry

Worst: Unbeatable (overrated), ALL the BW openings (they make my ears bleed).

Best- Sinnoh League(Undubbed)
    Worst- None

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12