Page 43 of 523 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 13059

Thread: Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS (and others)

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I see. In that case, I seem to recall Ridley and Geno (of Super Mario RPG fame), among others, among the list of characters people were convinced would get in and didn't.

The non-returners from Melee - Pichu, Mewtwo, Roy - were "surprise omissions", Young Link notwithstanding for toon reasons.

Wolf and R.O.B. seemed to generate the most shock.

Most notably, the inclusion of Snake in the earliest announcement opened the door for a veritable scummy flood of third-party suggestions, some less god awful than others. Sonic was a particular sticking point, with some believing the writing was on the wall (particularly with the announcement of the first Mario and Sonic Olympic title) and others believing there was no possible chance it could happen.

The battles were long and bloody. Whole city blocks were decimated. Many lost their lives.

Someone who hasn't wiped most of the last pre-release period from their mind can provide further details.
    Thank you for answering my question. I've just been reading a lot of speculation on other forums lately, and wanted to see what happened this time in Brawl's development in order to get a better perspective on things.

So, to change the subject... Music! What songs would you like to hear in SSB4? I'd personally like a Rival theme (preferably BW2's or RSE's), the final boss theme from Kirby's Adventure Wii and the theme you get when you fight as Bowser in Bowser's Inside Story.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I'd really like either of the normal battle themes from Mario and Luigi- Dream Team to be used on one of the Mario levels, though with some preference for the dream version.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    So, to change the subject... Music! What songs would you like to hear in SSB4? I'd personally like a Rival theme (preferably BW2's or RSE's), the final boss theme from Kirby's Adventure Wii and the theme you get when you fight as Bowser in Bowser's Inside Story.
    As many as possible, but I suppose Mario Galaxy(and 2) deserves a mention. I know it was only released the previous year, but none of its soundtrack made it into Brawl. So, Gusty Garden Galaxy, Melty Molten Galaxy, Sky Station Galaxy and Fluffy Buff Galaxy? Those were the first to spring to mind from the two games. I'd like to have the final level music from one of the games as well, but I think 5 songs from just 2 games would steal the limelight from other worthy Mario songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    As many as possible, but I suppose Mario Galaxy(and 2) deserves a mention. I know it was only released the previous year, but none of its soundtrack made it into Brawl. So, Gusty Garden Galaxy, Melty Molten Galaxy, Sky Station Galaxy and Fluffy Buff Galaxy? Those were the first to spring to mind from the two games. I'd like to have the final level music from one of the games as well, but I think 5 songs from just 2 games would steal the limelight from other worthy Mario songs.
    I would personally put Battlerock Galaxy and the Comet Observatory in that list as well.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I'd like Ghetsis's BW and/or B2W2 theme for a Pokémon entry, Twinbellows's Battle Theme for Kid Icarus:Uprising, and the return of the Waluigi Pinball theme(for WALUIGI!)
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

There's too many I'd like to see in the game, but notable songs include any sort of battle theme from Unova, preferably a rival or gym theme. From other games, I'd like to see any of the standard battle themes from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I'd also love to hear the standard boss theme as well, but even one song from the game would please me.

Even though Brawl was already there, I'd like something like Eternal Bond or Clash from Fire Emblem. After getting into Fire Emblem, I feel like some of Brawl's selections weren't the best way to represent the series and lacked some variety (Victory is Near played like 2 times in the whole game), but that's probably me just complaining. Awakening will most likely get a few songs, and Destiny and Duty are some that I'd like to hear, along with "Here we are! The Shepherd's garrison." I could go on for awhile with this, but I think that's enough.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Let's see:

-The first level theme from one of the Galaxy games (Good Egg Galaxy or Sky Station Galaxy Episode 1)
    -N's Castle
    -Vs. N Final Battle
    -Vs. Team Plasma (BW2)
    -Vs. Unova Gym Leader (BW2)
    -PWT Final Battle Theme
    -Cookie Country
    -Vs. Grand Doomer

I can't think of any more than that right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Music wise hoping for.

N's Castle
    Vs. N Final Battle
    Vs. Team Plasma (BW2)
    Vs. Unova Gym Leader (BW2)

I can't remember any specific SMG/2 tracks, I haven't played 2 and I played the original years ago.

Music wise, I'll be hoping for:

Plasma Frigate Bridge
    Vs. Colress
    Clay's Gym (for a Donkey Kong stage)
    Sky Tower (biggest stretch ever)
    Gateway Galaxy
    Clockwork Ruins Galaxy
    ._.

I think the only music list that can afford to remain unchanged is the Zelda one. Apart from maybe Kakariko Village, Brawl had everything imo. Skyward Sword didn't have any memorable songs in it, and LBW is coming a bit too late to influence anything.

As for Fire Emblem. Id(Serenity) or Id(Purpose). Maybe Don't Speak Her Name.

Battle themes will definitely get in for pokemon but I'd really like the PWT music. Just the one that plays in the building.

I'd like Ghetsis's BW and/or B2W2 theme for a Pokémon entry, Twinbellows's Battle Theme for Kid Icarus:Uprising, and the return of the Waluigi Pinball theme(for WALUIGI!)
    Why not the Dark Pit theme? In fact I can't imagine Dark Pit's theme not getting in. Magnus' theme as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I think the only music list that can afford to remain unchanged is the Zelda one. Apart from maybe Kakariko Village, Brawl had everything imo. Skyward Sword didn't have any memorable songs in it, and LBW is coming a bit too late to influence anything.

As for Fire Emblem. Id(Serenity) or Id(Purpose). Maybe Don't Speak Her Name.

Battle themes will definitely get in for pokemon but I'd really like the PWT music. Just the one that plays in the building.

Why not the Dark Pit theme? In fact I can't imagine Dark Pit's theme not getting in. Magnus' theme as well.
    I'd put Awakening's Mastermind in there, just for the chanting.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Even if Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't get a character or stage representing it, I'd imagine music from it wouldn't be too terribly out of the question. One Who Stands In Our Way is one of the most amazing boss themes I've ever heard, IMO, and You Will Know Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm are pretty good as well (and probably fit SSB better). In terms of a non-battle theme, maybe Mechonis Field?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Even if Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't get a character or stage representing it, I'd imagine music from it wouldn't be too terribly out of the question. One Who Stands In Our Way is one of the most amazing boss themes I've ever heard, IMO, and You Will Know Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm are pretty good as well (and probably fit SSB better). In terms of a non-battle theme, maybe Mechonis Field?
    I could see Gaur Plains as a good non-battle theme to include.

The Plasm Wraith's battle theme would make a good addition to the Pikmin music library. In Brawl, most of the Pikmin music tend to be very... serene. Didn't really have much in the way of intensity.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zero's theme from Kirby's Dream Land 3 popping up. Although it's overshadowed by Zero Two's Theme (and for good reason), I've always had a soft spot for it. Though, it's unlikely as they'd probably go with something from Return to Dream Land like Grand Doomer, or even Super Copy Ability.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I have heard You Will Know Our Names used in a fangame. That one would be amazing for Smash Bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Well, Monolith Soft is part of Nintendo FOREVAH, so I don't think having a Xenoblade rep is that crazy.

I hope that My Music is continued. It has no reason not to be, but it's one of the best options that the game has.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Going through KI:U's Music Gallery function, there's a lot of good music from that game that could work well in SSB4; Boss Battles 1 and 2, the themes for Magnus and Hades, Reaper Fortress, Ruins of the Temple/Dark Pit's Theme, In the Space-Pirate Ship, Underworld Gatekeeper, Thunder Cloud Temple... I don't expect all of those themes to be used, of course, but they're all rather good, and they stand as a testament to the great tracks in KI:U.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I could see Gaur Plains as a good non-battle theme to include.
    Probably, yeah; I haven't played XBC in a while now, but that's definitely an ear worm. I'm personally not too fond of it, myself

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I have heard You Will Know Our Names used in a fangame. That one would be amazing for Smash Bros.
    o rly

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Well, Monolith Soft is part of Nintendo FOREVAH, so I don't think having a Xenoblade rep is that crazy.
    It's a question of whether or not Sakurai thinks it's a major enough game to deserve a rep, though; there's only one Xenoblade Chronicles as of now, so it's not exactly a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I hope that My Music is continued. It has no reason not to be, but it's one of the best options that the game has.
    I hope so, too; there's a Music Gallery function in KI:U, and I think it's a mainstay of Sakurai's games now.

Honestly, I don't understand why more other games don't have that kind of function, considering how relatively easy it likely is to implement.

I'm hoping to get Unova's and Kalo's wild pokemon battle music. Just like Brawl had for Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It was Miyamoto, actually, and if you can't see how that's a clear sign that Crash will be in Brawl, I don't know what to tell you.
    What if he ends up in SSB4 instead? Will it cause the game to have too much variety? Leading to it not selling well?

Really there are a few songs I want in that will I will be disappointed if they aren't. First is some form of Gourmet Race and second is either Molgera battle or Saria's Song/Lost Woods theme. As for some other songs I want in, I want the Vs. Champion music from R/B/Y or FR/LG and Airman's theme. Beyond those, I know the music will be good and I'll be happy with it.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    New series, not to mention a highly well received one sorta recently released in US due to popularity in Japan. Doesnt seem impossible

2014 Baby

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/...AABnUYnWb9pUTQ

New stage.

Ridley's implied to be showing up in it.

Either he's hinting at Ridleh being playable and will be shown later this week, or Ridleh is actually just a stage hazard.

Either way, I'll be waiting for the reactions. Hopefully, they'll be positive.

That being said, I am being optimistic, if only because it would be an incredibly stupid thing for Nintendo to do at this stage in development. Turning around and declaring one of the most demanded characters to be a mere piece of the background, especially only a couple of months after the game was formally announced (meaning fans aren't very invested in the game and so are more likely to be put off) would be a major hype killer. If it was in August 2014, I'd be more on edge, but as it is now, I'm kind of putting faith in Nintendo to not be complete morons.
    Last edited by Chibi_Muffin; 20th August 2013 at 2:57 PM.

Either he's hinting at Ridleh being playable and will be shown later this week, or Ridleh is actually just a stage hazard.
    It's possibly the latter.

Either way, I'll be waiting for the reactions. Hopefully, they'll be positive.

That being said, I am being optimistic, if only because it would be an incredibly stupid thing for Nintendo to do at this stage in development. Turning around and declaring one of the most demanded characters to be a mere piece of the background, especially only a couple of months after the game was formally announced (meaning fans aren't very invested in the game and so are more likely to be put off) would be a major hype killer. If it was in August 2014, I'd be more on edge, but as it is now, I'm kind of putting faith in Nintendo to not be complete morons.
    Complete morons according to whom? Is this just a fanbase wanting Ridley to be in? Even if Ridley was just a background character, it really wouldn't matter that much. Life goes on, and the game is not becoming any better or worse.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Alright... the morons thing was an exaggeration. My point is that it's not so much whether or not Ridley is in that's the issue, but that because of the fanbase's demand for him, that saying he's not in at this point in time - when very little information about the game has been released - perhaps isn't a wise idea because it will cause a large amount of backlash. Having a huge negative reaction when your game has only been formally announced for a few months is not a good idea. Again, if it was this time next year, when we'd know more characters and other kinds of information, the stage hazard thing would be more believable to me because it would be less of a problem - interest would have been garnered from other parts of the game by then. But shoving speculation that generates a huge amount of hype in the fanbase out of the way this soon might lead to problems later on, such as the fanbase just generally being less excited.

Note: I'm not saying that the picture of the day confirms him, rather that it doesn't necessarily deconfirm him either. We will have to wait to get answers. I'm just saying why I personally don't think it definitely refers to him being a stage hazard.
    Last edited by Chibi_Muffin; 20th August 2013 at 4:29 PM.

I'm leaning towards a stage hazard. When it swipes its tail, it pushes anybody off the screen.

I should know. One tail swipe killed you in Hard Mode.

Page 43 of 523 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast