Page 147 of 464 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 11597

Thread: Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS (and others)

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    don't forget that both also have longish rolls

even though their tilts, smashes, and aerials are different, and one uses an Aura gimmick while the other is notable for utilizing throws for finishers, they're basically the same thing because balls
    Huh-hu. Balls.

ANYWAYS.

Lucario has pretty much maintained its popularity in games more so than movies (it already being popular in Brawl, not to mention through Gen 5, plus gaining a Mega Evolution on top of all that). Popularity might be what boosted Charizard and Greninja to make their own solo appearances. I have to admit though, it'd be nice if he was a stage hazard or a Pokeball Pokemon. :c
    Last edited by Rio!; 8th May 2014 at 10:29 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Meta Knight for Mother's Day, then?
    Sure. Show me his mom.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

So anyone else happy to see that (at least as of yet) the pokemon trainer isn't a thing this time around?

It annoyed me that you had these characters that where fun, but you where gimped by being tied to the trio system the trainer created.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Sure. Show me his mom.
        Spoiler:- I'm sorry in advance:

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I'm going to have to stop you there, because the important thing was that I said Meta Knight and not the rest because this is Sakurai, AKA the God of Kirby games. His three creations were all available from the start in Brawl. Yet somehow the other franchises have quite a lot of reps, unlike his current two.

[ima ge=]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b8299cc28509fc2f204e0d92007f3cd4/tumblr_mvqh9n5G0p1sobdp8o3_500.gif[/image]

Seems to me that his creator isn't willing to say to the public that he's been made weaker, and therefore has fallen into the hidden characters to avoid not mentioning much about him!
    Franchises with more than the current 2:
    Mario: 5
    Zelda: 4
    Pokemon: 4

Those with 2:
    Kirby
    DK
    Metroid

Those with less than 2:
    Everyone else

Meta Knight cut in favor of Waddle Doo?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

Meta Knight cut in favor of Waddle Doo?
    Scarfy Explodes into the Fray

Scarfy Explodes into the Fray
    So he dies at the start? Genius.

don't forget that both also have longish rolls

even though their tilts, smashes, and aerials are different, and one uses an Aura gimmick while the other is notable for utilizing throws for finishers, they're basically the same thing because balls
    mega man is samoos clone guiz

If someone could PM me a code for Smash 3DS I'll love you forever and probably cry tears of joy.
    3DS friend code: 3325-1502-8082
    Gen VI Shinies: Rhyperior, Milotic, Klingklang, Latias, Blissey, Gliscor, Breloom, Scizor, Medicham, Gengar, Ninetales, Cloyster, and more if I can find my White 2 game.

So why exactly does everyone seem to think that the characters being revealed are all gonna be unlocked from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    So why exactly does everyone seem to think that the characters being revealed are all gonna be unlocked from the start.
    No one thinks that. And if anyone is mistaken enough to do so, all they have to do is remember the extent to which that was not the case with Brawl.

Case closed.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Back during the wait for Brawl, all of the characters revealed at that point before the Japanese release (except for Snake and Sonic) were unlocked from the start. The day after the Japanese release, the first unlockable character was revealed, being Ness. After that, all future revealed characters had to be unlocked in some way.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No one thinks that. And if anyone is mistaken enough to do so, all they have to do is remember the extent to which that was not the case with Brawl.

Case closed.
    Sonic & Snake were the only unlockables revealed prior to Brawl's release. Stages, modes, all subspace stuff past like the two stages, music, other characters, etc none of that was revealed before hand. Same applied to Melee.

Sakurai doesn't' reveal unlockables prior to release. Sonic & Snake were exceptions because they were 3rd party characters; he had commented in earlier interviews that if there were 3rd party dudes, they would be unlockable. And obviously, you can't just hide partnerships with 3rd parties until the game is released.

There's a reason everything in Brawl's site post release was marked with a ? icon and ?????? title and asked if you're sure you want to go on ahead.

e: The real question is if he changed his tune about 3rd parties being unlockable

So the Friday pic is a new one?

What do you think it is? Hopefully not a smash
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

well if you just check the actual miiverse post

Pic of the day. Uniting three parts will complete the legendary Air Ride machine…the Dragoon! It's back! But we didn't just leave it the way it was, and added some nice touches to the design of the targeting screen. It is, of course, in stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS.
    And it has a second pic

Just the target screen felt lacking so here's a pic of the Dragoon itself. I wanna get on it. I wanna get on and ride it.

Sakurai doesn't' reveal unlockables prior to release. Sonic & Snake were exceptions because they were 3rd party characters; he had commented in earlier interviews that if there were 3rd party dudes, they would be unlockable. And obviously, you can't just hide partnerships with 3rd parties until the game is released.

There's a reason everything in Brawl's site post release was marked with a ? icon and ?????? title and asked if you're sure you want to go on ahead.

e: The real question is if he changed his tune about 3rd parties being unlockable
    Either Sakurai's just said "idgaf" in regards to so-called "spoilers," or...

Probably a bit cray, but maybe they're cutting down on the unlockable characters a lot this game, or even removing the concept entirely? I mean, it is considered a party game; the fact that you'd need to play through it in order to get the character you or your friends most want to use is a bit silly. SSBB did take some of Melee's requirements down a few notches, but it still had 13 separate unlockable characters, and this game doesn't have an SSE that unlocks them automatically as you play through (which is definitely the easier route for some of those characters). If we're assuming everything revealed so far (that isn't third-party) is a starter, but the game is otherwise similar to Brawl in terms of unlockables, it means we're getting five Mario characters right off the bat (Luigi, who was locked in all three previous games, included), we're starting with at least four Zelda characters (Toon Link included), we're starting with at least four Pokemon (when no other game started with more than two), Marth is a starter for the first time ever, and we're still likely to see more starters later on.

Maybe we're getting most of the veterans as starters, but a solid chunk of the newcomers has to be unlocked? Maybe it's just third-parties that need unlocking? Maybe there's no unlockables at all? Maybe Sakurai really did just say "idgaf" and we're still getting 30% of the roster locked at the start?

Will Sakurai really remove the "WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING" staple? Well, he wouldn't in the end, but to know who's already in spoils the surprise a little...

About the second pic with Kirby riding the Dragoon, I don't recognize what stage that could be from. Any ideas, guys?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    About the second pic with Kirby riding the Dragoon, I don't recognize what stage that could be from. Any ideas, guys?
    Skyloft, I believe

guess they didn't think to grab a screen of the dragoon in motion until a few matches later

Holy crap. That Pikachu is huge.

People who do not think that there will be any unlockable characters have to be kidding....

Holy crap. That Pikachu is huge.
    Wait until you see Olimar.

Since we are close to release of the 3DS version, which characters do you expect to see besides the ones we 've got? I'm talking about newcomers.

I expect we'll see:

Chrom

However, I would not be surprised to see:

Shulk/Isaac
    Pac-Man
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

I miss the FIGHTING POLYGON TEAM/Fighting Wire Frames.

Hmm, they've done polygon and frame mooks. What's next on the line? Polygonal frames?

Page 147 of 464 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast